PHI
  1. Mantha, Anthony
  2. 2024 4th round pick (WSH)
PHI
  1. Greig, Ridly
  2. 2024 1st round pick (OTT)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Konecny, Travis ($2,750,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$79,357,095$1,187,500$32,500$4,142,905
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,375,000$2,375,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,979,000$3,979,000
G
RFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 26, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Caps accept
sk540 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 3:36 p.m.
No thanks, not interested in trading Greig at all.

I think it will start becoming clear as to why as soon as this season

And this would be too much for my liking

Moot point anyway, Sens won't have much cap space after signing Pinto. They need a defensive 2-way forward more than anything
Jul. 26, 2023 at 4:20 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Xspyrit
No thanks, not interested in trading Greig at all.

I think it will start becoming clear as to why as soon as this season

And this would be too much for my liking

Moot point anyway, Sens won't have much cap space after signing Pinto. They need a defensive 2-way forward more than anything

TK to the Sens is pretty much a no go on this site. Sens fans say every top prospect is unavailable and every Sens team trade has them giving up TK for Joseph and chicken tender it seems lol.
sk540 liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
TK to the Sens is pretty much a no go on this site. Sens fans say every top prospect is unavailable and every Sens team trade has them giving up TK for Joseph and chicken tender it seems lol.

Ain't that the truth. Almost as bad at TOR fans....almost.

OTT's top 6 would be scary good with TK tho...

Brady-Stutzle-G
TK-Norris-Batherson

Their 3rd line is deeper too with the addition of TK by moving Kubalik or Batherson to the 3rd with Pinto and having a prospect or another vet on that line.

Trading for Chychrun in my mind signifies they're trying to win now, they were trying to win last year that's for sure, so why not plug in a guy like TK instead of waiting another year or two for a prospect that may or may not pan out?
GMDannyB liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Edited Jul. 26, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.

They only have 2 top prospects left as Dorion has screwed up ever since that draft : Ridly Greig and Tyler Kleven

There's some other good prospects left like Zack Ostapchuk, Roby Jarventie, Lassi Thomson, Egor Sokolov, Tyler Boucher, etc but I would be ready to spend them on acquiring a player

My best offer for Konecny

OTT's 1st
OTT's 2nd
Tyler Boucher
Lassi Thomson
Leevi Merilainen
Mathieu Joseph (salary back in the trade)

If you don't like it or find it enough, just trade him to someone else. I am not Dorion.

If he had 6-7 years left at that cap hit then it would be a different story

Quoting: sk540
Ain't that the truth. Almost as bad at TOR fans....almost.

OTT's top 6 would be scary good with TK tho...

Brady-Stutzle-G
TK-Norris-Batherson

Their 3rd line is deeper too with the addition of TK by moving Kubalik or Batherson to the 3rd with Pinto and having a prospect or another vet on that line.

Trading for Chychrun in my mind signifies they're trying to win now, they were trying to win last year that's for sure, so why not plug in a guy like TK instead of waiting another year or two for a prospect that may or may not pan out?

I didn't see that you had retention on Konecny though

It makes a bit harder but just not Greig. I am 100% bullish on him, you just don't trade a player like that at 20 y/o. He's a Jaden Schwartz in the making with a more pesty side

And because of consistent Dorion mismanagement, Sens can't afford to trade another high quality piece... They can deal quantity if acquiring another big name player.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
Danny B is here
They only have 2 top prospects left as Dorion has screwed up ever since that draft : Ridly Greig and Tyler Kleven

There's some other good prospects left like Zack Ostapchuk, Roby Jarventie, Lassi Thomson, Egor Sokolov, Tyler Boucher, etc but I would be ready to spend them on acquiring a player

My best offer for Konecny

OTT's 1st
OTT's 2nd
Tyler Boucher
Lassi Thomson
Leevi Merilainen
Mathieu Joseph (salary back in the trade)

If you don't like it or find it enough, just trade him to someone else. I am not Dorion.

If he had 6-7 years left at that cap hit then it would be a different story

I didn't see that you had retention on Konecny though

It makes a bit harder but just not Greig. I am 100% bullish on him, you just don't trade a player like that at 20 y/o. He's a Jaden Schwartz in the making with a more pesty side

And because of consistent Dorion mismanagement, Sens can't afford to trade another high quality piece... They can deal quantity if acquiring another big name player.

For what it’s worth I don’t mind that TK trade you said. But it’s funny cause one Sens fan says Greig is untouchable another Sens fan says Jarventie is untouchable, and it’s like every time a TK trade is posted a Sens fan says another player is untouchable
Jul. 26, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
For what it’s worth I don’t mind that TK trade you said. But it’s funny cause one Sens fan says Greig is untouchable another Sens fan says Jarventie is untouchable, and it’s like every time a TK trade is posted a Sens fan says another player is untouchable

Dorion said Jarventie was untouchable last off-season but IMO he shouldn't be. Yes he could be a long-term replacement for either Giroux or Kubalik but it depends on what you're getting. If you're getting Konecny, he'd have to be a long term piece too.

Players who should be "untouchable" (but in reality nobody is) :

Tim Stutzle
Brady Tkachuk
Josh Norris
Drake Batherson (contract to good to move)
Claude Giroux (let him retire with Ottawa)
Shane Pinto
Ridly Greig

Jake Sanderson
Jakob Chychrun
Thomas Chabot
Tyler Kleven

Mads Sogaard

6 forwards, 4 D-men and a goalie which should be the long term core (+ a 35 y/o vet). Build the team around them, ELCs and cheap efficient players to fill the roster. If it fits within the long term cap structure then a guy like Konecny could even be added to that group and all the other assets not mentioned here should be available for the right move
Jul. 26, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Danny B is here
Dorion said Jarventie was untouchable last deadline but IMO he shouldn't be. Yes he could be a long-term replacement for either Giroux or Kubalik but it depends on what you're getting. If you're getting Konecny, he'd have to be a long term piece too.

ho should be "untouchable" (but in reality nobody is) :

Tim Stutzle
Brady Tkachuk
Josh Norris
Drake Batherson (contract to good to move)
Claude Giroux (let him retire with Ottawa)
Shane Pinto
Ridly Greig

Jake Sanderson
Jakob Chychrun
Thomas Chabot
Tyler Kleven

Mads Sogaard

6 forwards and 4 D-men and a goalie which should be the long term core (+ a 35 y/o vet). Build the team around them, ELCs and cheap efficient players to fill the roster. If it fits within the long term cap structure then a guy like Konecny could even be added to that group and all the other assets not mentioned here should be available for the right move

Yeah that’s what I mean tho. If Pinto, Greig, and Jarv are all untouchable how do you expect to acquire a top line player? All of the teams that have won the cup recently have emptied their farm system to acquire top players it’s just how it’s done. You can argue it’s not the right time for OTT to do that yet and I would probably agree but other than offering both ur 2024 1sts I don’t see how you can put together a good package for TK that doesn’t include one of those 3 untouchables. Krebs was reportedly untouchable too until Eichel became available and now he plays for Buffalo and Eichel won a cup lol. Obviously TK isn’t Eichel but still.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
Yeah that’s what I mean tho. If Pinto, Greig, and Jarv are all untouchable how do you expect to acquire a top line player? All of the teams that have won the cup recently have emptied their farm system to acquire top players it’s just how it’s done. You can argue it’s not the right time for OTT to do that yet and I would probably agree but other than offering both ur 2024 1sts I don’t see how you can put together a good package for TK that doesn’t include one of those 3 untouchables. Krebs was reportedly untouchable too until Eichel became available and now he plays for Buffalo and Eichel won a cup lol. Obviously TK isn’t Eichel but still.

Okay to answer that I'll copy/paste another of my posts :

Quoting: xspyrit
Before last season, Norris scored 47 goals in 91 games, which was like 12th best GPG in the NHL during that period of time.

- Before Dell's cheapshot, Batherson had 13 goals, 21 assists for 34 pts in 31 games. He was Ottawa's best player and in the middle of a major breakout season. It has not been as good since but he's still young enough to recover better from that injury. Who knows if he can get the injury and the WJC scrutiny behind and get back to the player he was becoming?

Here's what the Sens Top-9 forwards averaged per 82 games the last 2 full seasons they played :

Stutzle : 77 pts (was still 19 y/o when 2021-22 started, 90 pts last season)
Tkachuk : 76 pts (broke out to another level last season, 83 pts)
Giroux : 75 pts (looks to be aging like old wine ala Alfie)
Batherson : 68 pts (see above)
Norris : 61 pts (had to take his 21 and 22 y/o seasons)
Kubalik : 39 pts (includes a down year compared to his 3 other NHL seasons)
Greig : 37 pts (only 20 games though)
Pinto : 35 pts (career PPG, 99 games)
Joseph : 31 pts

This is what could happen (and it's pretty conservative) :

Tkachuk (80) - Stutzle (90) - Giroux (70)
Kubalik (50) - Norris (65) - Batherson (65)
Greig (40) - Pinto (35) - Joseph (31)

Sens have enough starpower to have a pretty good offense. They don't absolutely need another Top-6 forward. However if they could find to upgrade on Joseph and push him down the 4th line, it would be ideal. The 4th line would be much better with Joseph than it is right now.

All that said, a good enough package could be made with one of the 1st they have, Jarventie and other pieces like Thomson/Sokolov/2nd round pick etc

1st
Jarventie
Sokolov
Thomson
2nd

Should be enough, no?
Jul. 26, 2023 at 7:35 p.m.
Danny B is here
Okay to answer that I'll copy/paste another of my posts :

Sens have enough starpower to have a pretty good offense. They don't absolutely need another Top-6 forward. However if they could find to upgrade on Joseph and push him down the 4th line, it would be ideal. The 4th line would be much better with Joseph than it is right now.

All that said, a good enough package could be made with one of the 1st they have, Jarventie and other pieces like Thomson/Sokolov/2nd round pick etc

1st
Jarventie
Sokolov
Thomson
2nd

Should be enough, no?

Yeah I agree with you that would be enough.
Xspyrit liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll