Forums/Armchair-GM

Big Season 1

Created by: Riddick19
Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 28, 2023
Published: Jul. 28, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Formenton (will actually make less than $775K based on I believe he signs his QO from last season just to get back into the league. This of course provided he is cleared to play in the NHL this season and isn't suspended.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
1$775,000
3$775,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,750,000
2$865,000
Trades
OTT
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (BUF)
OTT
    Future Considerations
    ARI
    1. Joseph, Mathieu
    2. 2024 2nd round pick (BUF)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$83,500,000$79,719,047$0$1,850,000$3,780,953

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $8,205,714$8,205,714
    LW
    UFA - 5
    $8,350,000$8,350,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $7,950,000$7,950,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    $4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $775,000$775,000
    LW
    RFA
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $835,000$835,000
    C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $925,000$925,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    $805,000$805,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $865,000$865,000
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 6:33 p.m.
    KFTW
    Why would we give a good goalie to a division rival
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: csick
    Why would we give a good goalie to a division rival

Because this is the cap era.... Same reason we would move DeBrincat to a division rival. Yes this provides Buffalo with a good goaltender, but provides Ottawa their starting 3rd line center who is essential. Right now Buffalo has Eric Comrie and Devon Lyon. They also have $6M in cap space ATM.... So options are limited, you do what you have to do.
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: Riddick19
    Because this is the cap era.... Same reason we would move DeBrincat to a division rival. Yes this provides Buffalo with a good goaltender, but provides Ottawa their starting 3rd line center who is essential. Right now Buffalo has Eric Comrie and Devon Lyon. They also have $6M in cap space ATM.... So options are limited, you do what you have to do.

Brann or Joseph gets moved first
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
    Big 6th place in the atlantic finish
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.
    Maybe if the Sabres goaltending fails them,
    that could be a deadline move

Doubtful we’d pay a 2nd though
    Also doubtful u guys would wanna help us, unless your season falls apart & you’re out of it
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 7:48 p.m.
    Quoting: AntiAnalytics

Also doubtful u guys would wanna help us, unless your season falls apart & you’re out of it

When*
    AntiAnalytics liked this.
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
    Sabres definitely not giving a 2nd for frosberg
    Jul. 28, 2023 at 8:21 p.m.
    Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
    When*

Lol
    Jul. 30, 2023 at 12:33 a.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf

In today's landscape I don't think you can get away with doing that. I mean Ottawa just sent a potential 40G scorer to a team we're likely going to be competing with for a playoff spot. I think if Buffalo falters in the preseason with Levi and Comrie? Buffalo has missed the playoffs for what? 9 consecutive seasons? I think they have sopme money earmarked for P. Kane. They will need a cheaper guy who can spot them. Forsberg is relatively cheap, and Buffalo likely doesn't have to send a contract back or would want one. Buffalo is loaded with prosdpects, and young players the draft pick wouldn't be that harmful. Maybe it would be a 3rd rounder, but Ottawa would likely want something for Forsberg becvause he would be a great insurance policy. But that would only be "IF" Ottawa took that route.
    Jul. 30, 2023 at 12:52 a.m.
    In today's landscape I don't think you can get away with doing that. I mean Ottawa just sent a potential 40G scorer to a team we're likely going to be competing with for a playoff spot. I think if Buffalo falters in the preseason with Levi and Comrie? Buffalo has missed the playoffs for what? 9 consecutive seasons? I think they have sopme money earmarked for P. Kane. They will need a cheaper guy who can spot them. Forsberg is relatively cheap, and Buffalo likely doesn't have to send a contract back or would want one. Buffalo is loaded with prosdpects, and young players the draft pick wouldn't be that harmful. Maybe it would be a 3rd rounder, but Ottawa would likely want something for Forsberg becvause he would be a great insurance policy. But that would only be "IF" Ottawa took that route.

Sabres Mgmt seems comfortable going into the season with our current trio of goalies (Levi, UPL & Comrie) & seeing how it plays out
    With Levi, he’s seen as our future
    But we’ve also seen some really good play from UPL, & although he’s really inconsistent, he’s still young as well
    And with Comrie, he’s a guy our Analytics dept. supposedly targeted, & we’re excusing away his play last season bc he was dealing with multiple injuries

So while what you’re saying does make some sense,
    it just doesn’t appear to be a realistic part of the Sabres “plan”
    At least not at this time anyways
    Jul. 30, 2023 at 1:21 a.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Sabres Mgmt seems comfortable going into the season with our current trio of goalies (Levi, UPL & Comrie) & seeing how it plays out
    With Levi, he’s seen as our future
    But we’ve also seen some really good play from UPL, & although he’s really inconsistent, he’s still young as well
    And with Comrie, he’s a guy our Analytics dept. supposedly targeted, & we’re excusing away his play last season bc he was dealing with multiple injuries

So while what you’re saying does make some sense,
    it just doesn’t appear to be a realistic part of the Sabres “plan”
    At least not at this time anyways

Oh I agree, I heard Buffalo was content with their goaltending. I just think this is a big season for Buffalo. This is what Dahlin's 6th season? With no playoff hockey? Thompson has been in the league for 6 years with no playoff hockey? Mittlestadt as well? These guys need to start winning before losing becomes a part of their culture. Hell Ottawa is in the very same boat trust me. Chabot, & Tkachuk especially? They have done a lot of losing. I like Buffalo's direction, but I think they will need better goaltending in the HERE/NOW to get into the playoffs. Maybe those guys can get it done? But I wouldn't be surprised if they took a flyer on a cheap experioenced goaltender like Forsberg as insurance. It would be a smart move. I wouldn't even propose this had Sogaard, Ottawa's goalie of the future shown growth in the games he played. I think Sogaard is ready and it would benefit him to be the backup in Ottawa as oposed to the starter in Belleville. Belleville would have two competant goalies in Merilainen and Mandolese. With Ottawa having paid Korpisalo big term on a contract? I see the writing on the wall for Forsberg. Where Buffalo is? A competant 1B goaltender like Forsberg with 2 years, under $3M left on his deal? I could see Buffalo being interested. Both teams look pretty good heading into the season though.
    Jul. 30, 2023 at 2:32 a.m.
    Oh I agree, I heard Buffalo was content with their goaltending. I just think this is a big season for Buffalo. This is what Dahlin's 6th season? With no playoff hockey? Thompson has been in the league for 6 years with no playoff hockey? Mittlestadt as well? These guys need to start winning before losing becomes a part of their culture. Hell Ottawa is in the very same boat trust me. Chabot, & Tkachuk especially? They have done a lot of losing. I like Buffalo's direction, but I think they will need better goaltending in the HERE/NOW to get into the playoffs. Maybe those guys can get it done? But I wouldn't be surprised if they took a flyer on a cheap experioenced goaltender like Forsberg as insurance. It would be a smart move. I wouldn't even propose this had Sogaard, Ottawa's goalie of the future shown growth in the games he played. I think Sogaard is ready and it would benefit him to be the backup in Ottawa as oposed to the starter in Belleville. Belleville would have two competant goalies in Merilainen and Mandolese. With Ottawa having paid Korpisalo big term on a contract? I see the writing on the wall for Forsberg. Where Buffalo is? A competant 1B goaltender like Forsberg with 2 years, under $3M left on his deal? I could see Buffalo being interested. Both teams look pretty good heading into the season though.

Like i said, what you’re saying makes some sense
    But the Sabres Mgmt (again) seems to want to let the guys we already have start the season

If they happen to falter, THEN i could see us making a move like the one you’re proposing- but that would be a mid-season move & not one that happens before camp starts

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll