SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Philadelphia Flyers signed Samuel Ersson (2 Years / $1,450,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 6, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
skates21
The guys 23 and had fair stats in Sweden. He’s a young goalie. NHL teams have professionals to analyze his potential. I personally see a ton of potential in this guy. I believe at some point, he will be a starter. His contract is fair. A lot of people forget that some of these players from overseas are a threat to bounce back to their leagues where they may get paid significantly more. Sometimes contract value is dictated based on this risk or fear from the organization to keep them around. Unless you’re behind the doors and listening to the bargaining, you don’t know the details to why. Many think it’s as simple as what’s written on paper. Brad T in Toronto really spoke to this, he identified Minnesota wanted to keep Reaves, but the only way was to give him this deal to get him there. If you got a guy you think will help your club, u may have to sacrifice. Not all contracts are based on statistics. If that were the case, Galchenyuk should have been gone years ago
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
skates21
I utilize a hockey simulator with 31 other real life GMs. Making trades with these contracts and signings in ufa is significantly difficult. No one’s a dummy, well the odd person is less knowledgeable, and trades and moves are hard to make. No one wants your garbage for your quality. There’s a lot of moving parts. We don’t even deal with the business side on this simulator, nor do we deal with the fans or players personal needs/wants. I can only imagine the shear difficulty when you have real life factors.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
Seems a bit premature to extend him on a 1-way contract when he still has a year left on his current deal, but at that cap hit, it’s not going to hurt them if it turns out to be a mistake, so I guess it’s not an unwise move given that he probably has a better chance of being an NHL goalie than Petersen and Sandstrom.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 9:04 p.m.
Most of you guys can just be honest and say "who" and that you didn't watch the flyers this past season and move on, its fine
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:57 a.m.
skates21
I made some good coin betting on the flyers when he was in net
Jan. 14 at 3:36 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Edited Jan. 14 at 6:20 p.m.
This looks pretty good now I'd say:

Including his slow start this year:
19 GP
.910 Sv%
2.33 GAA
5.3 Goals Saved Above Expected (moneypuck)
11 Wins
3 Shutouts

Excluding his poor start:
16 GP 11-3-2
GAA: 1.87
SV% - .930

Kids pretty good

oh btw this contract starts next year
HockeyScotty liked this.
Jan. 15 at 12:12 a.m.
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
This looks pretty good now I'd say:

Including his slow start this year:
19 GP
.910 Sv%
2.33 GAA
5.3 Goals Saved Above Expected (moneypuck)
11 Wins
3 Shutouts

Excluding his poor start:
16 GP 11-3-2
GAA: 1.87
SV% - .930

Kids pretty good

oh btw this contract starts next year

Reminds me of the Montembeault deal in Montreal that is about to expire. We'll see if Ersson can continue building his game for his next deal and make a tough choice for Philly regarding Hart's future
Jan. 15 at 8:50 a.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Reminds me of the Montembeault deal in Montreal that is about to expire. We'll see if Ersson can continue building his game for his next deal and make a tough choice for Philly regarding Hart's future

I think the tough choice is coming, The org doesn't sound big on paying goalies from what I've read/heard, and they seem really confident Aleksei Kolosov takes the leap soon, from KHL to NHL. Kinda sucks but I'm not sure Hart is longed for the Flyers

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit