C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 6, 2023 at 8:38 p.m.
Prime Primeau
No thanks. Rather keep our good D future
MaxBorjshlapsky liked this.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 8:42 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy
No thanks. Rather keep our good D future

You have too many you must share Sticking Out Tongue
Aug. 6, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.
Horrible trade for the leafs
Aug. 6, 2023 at 8:54 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
You have too many you must share Sticking Out Tongue

He wont
It'll take Lane Hutson having 30 games in the NHL before he realizes "holy crap, we got no room"
But thats 2 years off at most so we can afford to ignore the problem a bit longer

At this point i think we're good
We cant get more back for Nylander at the TDL then we're giving up ... so no ability to Profit.
We're not Contending and he's not Re-signing as Cole, Nick and Kent all made it clear this summer there is a limit and no blank checks as Dubois even found out.
If Nylander would sign for just under 9m we could justify it at that cost . . . But that'll never happen or TML woulda just signed him to it already.

I think you're better off Facilitating a Trade that put Nylander somewhere he wants to be who can afford him.
If that's me i'd say to CGY in a deal for Lindholm would be best.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leafs are in a win mode. Exchanging Nylander for Anderson isn't good for the Leafs now. And Anderson's long term contract isn't good. Is Jarnkrok at 2.1m is a much better value than 5.5m Anderson.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 10:01 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Leafs are in a win mode. Exchanging Nylander for Anderson isn't good for the Leafs now. And Anderson's long term contract isn't good. Is Jarnkrok at 2.1m is a much better value than 5.5m Anderson.

Nylander is the better player but Anderson could provide a different look on Tavares' wing as a Hyman/Knies type player, and you still have the skill of bertuzzi on the other wing. All guys who can get to the net, play well along the boards and provide some goal scoring to lessen Nylander's loss. It's the addition of Guehle that makes this a no-brainer, a 21 year old D man who project as a top pair guy and can step into your lineup now on an ELC contract.

As far as contracts go, I'd rather Anderson at $5.5 for the net 4 years and Guehle on his ELC for the next 2, than Nylander who is already making more than both players combined and could be making $3-4 million more by next year.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 10:13 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Nylander is the better player but Anderson could provide a different look on Tavares' wing as a Hyman/Knies type player, and you still have the skill of bertuzzi on the other wing. All guys who can get to the net, play well along the boards and provide some goal scoring to lessen Nylander's loss. It's the addition of Guehle that makes this a no-brainer, a 21 year old D man who project as a top pair guy and can step into your lineup now on an ELC contract.

As far as contracts go, I'd rather Anderson at $5.5 for the net 4 years and Guehle on his ELC for the next 2, than Nylander who is already making more than both players combined and could be making $3-4 million more by next year.

Doesn't really matter what Nylander makes next year does it. He won't be a Leaf. The question is whether the Leafs can spend 6.5m....Anderson and Guehle combined on other two players.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 10:25 p.m.
Doesn't really matter what Nylander makes next year does it. He won't be a Leaf. The question is whether the Leafs can spend 6.5m....Anderson and Guehle combined on other two players.

It matters because that's the entire reason he's not going to be a Leaf, if he were to accept a $7 mil contract we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. As to your question about spending that $6.5 on Anderson and Guehle, yes, that would be amazing cap allocation. If you let Willy walk for free what 2 players are you looking to acquire in FA for similar value? Not even close to realistic.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 10:36 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It matters because that's the entire reason he's not going to be a Leaf, if he were to accept a $7 mil contract we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. As to your question about spending that $6.5 on Anderson and Guehle, yes, that would be amazing cap allocation. If you let Willy walk for free what 2 players are you looking to acquire in FA for similar value? Not even close to realistic.

More silliness about letting Nylander walk for free. But that logic, the Leafs should be trading Bertuzzi, Domi, Nylander, Matthews, Lafferty, Brodie, Giordano, and Samsonov as they are UFAs next season and haven't been resigned. Should the other 100 upcoming UFAs in the league by traded by their teams because they haven't been resigned?
Cup contending teams don't worry about upcoming UFAs they are trying to win NOW. Cup contending teams actually acquire upcoming UFAs to their them for a Cup run knowing full well they won't be resigning those players.
Sorry, there is no reason to think that Nylander is so unique that he HAS to be traded.
And Anderson is, and I know it's opinion, is a bad contract by comparable wingers in the league.
Aug. 6, 2023 at 11:04 p.m.
More silliness about letting Nylander walk for free. But that logic, the Leafs should be trading Bertuzzi, Domi, Nylander, Matthews, Lafferty, Brodie, Giordano, and Samsonov as they are UFAs next season and haven't been resigned. Should the other 100 upcoming UFAs in the league by traded by their teams because they haven't been resigned?
Cup contending teams don't worry about upcoming UFAs they are trying to win NOW. Cup contending teams actually acquire upcoming UFAs to their them for a Cup run knowing full well they won't be resigning those players.
Sorry, there is no reason to think that Nylander is so unique that he HAS to be traded.
And Anderson is, and I know it's opinion, is a bad contract by comparable wingers in the league.

What are you on about? There's a reason I'm not talking about any of them. Bertuzzi and Domi just signed and trading them would put us on FA blacklists for years to come. Matthews and Samsonov you aren't trading for obvious reasons. Lafferty or Brodie sure, but they're not going to bring in the value of a player like Nylander to address areas of need. With this trade you get a guy who can play in your top 6 and mix up the chemistry on the Tavares line. Is Anderson going to replace Willy's goal scoring on his own? No. Are the additions of guys like him, Bertuzzi, Klingberg, Knies and Domi going to make us a better goal scoring team overall vs this time last year? Probably the case.

Ultimately you're misjudging the value of someone like Guehle. You could trade almost straight up (may not even want to do that) to acquire someone like Hanifin, Pesce or even Devon Toews. Willy's value should be turned into a top pairing D, and this could be a great setup trade.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 9:17 a.m.
H.Lindholm Lover
LOL
Aug. 7, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
What are you on about? There's a reason I'm not talking about any of them. Bertuzzi and Domi just signed and trading them would put us on FA blacklists for years to come. Matthews and Samsonov you aren't trading for obvious reasons. Lafferty or Brodie sure, but they're not going to bring in the value of a player like Nylander to address areas of need. With this trade you get a guy who can play in your top 6 and mix up the chemistry on the Tavares line. Is Anderson going to replace Willy's goal scoring on his own? No. Are the additions of guys like him, Bertuzzi, Klingberg, Knies and Domi going to make us a better goal scoring team overall vs this time last year? Probably the case.

Ultimately you're misjudging the value of someone like Guehle. You could trade almost straight up (may not even want to do that) to acquire someone like Hanifin, Pesce or even Devon Toews. Willy's value should be turned into a top pairing D, and this could be a great setup trade.

Yeah exactly and I have to say I would expect tree even has a verbal extension agreement with Domi and bertuzzi in place because nobody knows what the cap increase is right? Which is crazy to me shouldn't the NHL be revealing the cap limit asap at some point this year because how do franchises put their teams together when they don't know what they are allowed to spend but anyways I would guess tree is ready to extend those players but the other argument is Nylander is a more valuable piece so I love max and Tyler but if they walk it's not the same as one of the stars that has been with the team walking and he has way more options than the other guys so he has to address it because he will get a way higher return in a Nylander trade and if he walks it's way more of a loss than any of the other ufas

But he might still walk because what he brings on the ice is very valuable but tree will be watching closely because it's not about scoring in 7-5 games it's about locking games down and winning in the playoffs which the Leafs struggle to do ...

We'll see.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
Yeah exactly and I have to say I would expect tree even has a verbal extension agreement with Domi and bertuzzi in place because nobody knows what the cap increase is right? Which is crazy to me shouldn't the NHL be revealing the cap limit asap at some point this year because how do franchises put their teams together when they don't know what they are allowed to spend but anyways I would guess tree is ready to extend those players but the other argument is Nylander is a more valuable piece so I love max and Tyler but if they walk it's not the same as one of the stars that has been with the team walking and he has way more options than the other guys so he has to address it because he will get a way higher return in a Nylander trade and if he walks it's way more of a loss than any of the other ufas

But he might still walk because what he brings on the ice is very valuable but tree will be watching closely because it's not about scoring in 7-5 games it's about locking games down and winning in the playoffs which the Leafs struggle to do ...

We'll see.

You're a smart man. People always like to talk about how we never score enough in elimination games. How many goals did we need to score to win our first elimination game in 19 years? Two, the second in overtime. We would have only needed one if not for an egregious error by Willy. He is one of the most talented offensive players in the league, but the amount of comical defensive errors he made these past playoffs doesn't inspire a lot of trust in me. I'd put Bertuzzi in his spot and trade willy for a legit D. Bertuzzi is going to shine surrounded by the talent the Leafs have.

Tre knows best, can't wait for what's next.

GLG
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:24 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
You're a smart man. People always like to talk about how we never score enough in elimination games. How many goals did we need to score to win our first elimination game in 19 years? Two, the second in overtime. We would have only needed one if not for an egregious error by Willy. He is one of the most talented offensive players in the league, but the amount of comical defensive errors he made these past playoffs doesn't inspire a lot of trust in me. I'd put Bertuzzi in his spot and trade willy for a legit D. Bertuzzi is going to shine surrounded by the talent the Leafs have.

Tre knows best, can't wait for what's next.

GLG

Appreciate that because at the end of the day if it was only about who the best scorers are then the Oilers and the Leafs would have 3 cups each already.

If you watched the sharks with Marleau and Thornton back in the day always in first place and never putting together a good playoff run well really sometimes I just don't understand that team and the caps always just lost to Pittsburgh until they finally broke through..we can't give up completely on the Leafs but you can't just keep running it back...either way the cup(s) will come I know it.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Domi, Bertuzzi are going to shine under the Toronto lights and with the guys around them I definitely think so

I think knies is going to be a great power forward getting dirty goals

Robertson is going to snipe plenty of goals should even get on a powerplay especially with players that will protect him from Domi, Lafferty, Bertuzzi, Reaves, McCabe

But also the big C that folks have given up on will get his 30+ goals 75+ pts and the best C since mats which is Johnny Toronto.
Aug. 7, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
Domi, Bertuzzi are going to shine under the Toronto lights and with the guys around them I definitely think so

So many important things have happened for the Leafs this year; regardless of what people think of Klingberg, at least our lack of offensive production from the backend was acknowledged. Knies looks like he can be our Hyman replacement and potentially more, Bertuzzi and Domi are guys that have both bite and offensive capability, proving we don't always have to choose between the 2. We have the toughest guy in the league for when people decide to **** around, might keep the boys from trying to hide with things get tough. Now let's get our Muzzin replacement and carry this wave to a cup for Johnny T!

The ramblings of a delusional boomer (in his 30s) or time-tested hockey wisdom? Time will tell.

GLG
Aug. 7, 2023 at 6:22 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03

So many important things have happened for the Leafs this year; regardless of what people think of Klingberg, at least our lack of offensive production from the backend was acknowledged. Knies looks like he can be our Hyman replacement and potentially more, Bertuzzi and Domi are guys that have both bite and offensive capability, proving we don't always have to choose between the 2. We have the toughest guy in the league for when people decide to **** around, might keep the boys from trying to hide with things get tough. Now let's get our Muzzin replacement and carry this wave to a cup for Johnny T!

The ramblings of a delusional boomer (in his 30s) or time-tested hockey wisdom? Time will tell.

GLG

The exact same thing for me also a dillusional boomer (in his 30's) perfect way to put it, time will tell and that's what I'm looking to find out if I'm on the right track

Barring injuries I think we are on the right track
Aug. 7, 2023 at 7:30 p.m.

GLG

The exact same thing for me also a dillusional boomer (in his 30's) perfect way to put it, time will tell and that's what I'm looking to find out if I'm on the right track

Barring injuries I think we are on the right track

We're coming out of the woodwork again with Tre at the helm. Cheers buddy!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll