SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Avs Take A Big Swing

Created by: Kozy87
Published: Sep. 6, 2023 at 8:34 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Colorado AvalancheColorado Avalanche

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Girard, SamuelColorado AvalancheNHL-$4,973,118011---0000--
Georgiev, AlexandarColorado AvalancheNHL-$3,381,720011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hellebuyck, ConnorWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,133,512011-------00
Heinola, VilleWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$4,975,0002144583311
Change$2,221,326-100-100
Final-$2,753,674 (↑)20 (↓)44582 (↓)311000

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hellebuyck, ConnorWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,133,512011-------00
Heinola, VilleWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Girard, SamuelColorado AvalancheNHL-$4,973,118011---0000--
Georgiev, AlexandarColorado AvalancheNHL-$3,381,720011-------00
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,779,6432343593611
Change-$2,221,326100100
Final-$441,683 (↓)24 (↑)43594 (↑)611000
Sep. 6, 2023 at 8:58 a.m.
That’s awful for Colorado. No thanks.
penguinswin liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 10:10 a.m.
There's nothing in it for Winnipeg.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
Avs/Njd
Gorgie is a all star goalie,defenitly up in the rankings. Sammy g is underrated as hell and never gets attention unless it's avs fans,also georgiev is 27 and hellebuyck is 30 and expiring while gorgie has 2 years left and probaly will resign if the cap is available of about 4.5-5.5 mil
Sep. 6, 2023 at 11:57 a.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
There's nothing in it for Winnipeg.

Lol, what? A starting goalie, a top 4 defenseman, and a 1st is nothing?
penguinswin, Kozy87 and GM_SZK liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 12:16 p.m.
Quoting: turtlemountain
Lol, what? A starting goalie, a top 4 defenseman, and a 1st is nothing?

Goalies don't carry a lot of value and 1 year of Hellebuyck is >>>>> 2 years of Georgiev. Similar goalies to Georgiev are easy to find as a UFA.

Girard is an LHD which is the last thing Winnipeg needs as well as being small and poor defensively another two things Winnipeg doesn't need more of.

The mid to late 1st is okay, but doesn't have a ton of value.

Plus the Jets are throwing in Heinola for some reason.

So, yeah there's nothing there that makes Winnipeg consider it.
Suh_Baud liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
Goalies don't carry a lot of value and 1 year of Hellebuyck is >>>>> 2 years of Georgiev. Similar goalies to Georgiev are easy to find as a UFA.

Girard is an LHD which is the last thing Winnipeg needs as well as being small and poor defensively another two things Winnipeg doesn't need more of.

Goalies aren’t worth much, yet somehow expiring Helle is worth a top 4 defenseman and a 1st more than Georgiev who just put up a .919?

I won’t argue that Georgiev>Helle, but this is a major overpay from the Avs.

I’m not positive Heinola would even crack the Avs roster…
Sep. 6, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: turtlemountain
Goalies aren’t worth much, yet somehow expiring Helle is worth a top 4 defenseman and a 1st more than Georgiev who just put up a .919?

I won’t argue that Georgiev>Helle, but this is a major overpay from the Avs.

I’m not positive Heinola would even crack the Avs roster…

That's cool. It doesn't work for either team. The thing between Georgiev and Hellebuyck, is that Helle is elite, Georgiev until last year is a career backup.

Girard is a 3rd pairing guy on the Jets. He's basically a smaller, worse defensive version of Pionk only a left shot.

It might be considered an overpay by the Avs, but considering the only piece that provides any value to Winnipeg is the 1st, it makes it a severe underpay for Winnipeg.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
That's cool. It doesn't work for either team. The thing between Georgiev and Hellebuyck, is that Helle is elite, Georgiev until last year is a career backup.

Girard is a 3rd pairing guy on the Jets. He's basically a smaller, worse defensive version of Pionk only a left shot.

It might be considered an overpay by the Avs, but considering the only piece that provides any value to Winnipeg is the 1st, it makes it a severe underpay for Winnipeg.

I hear ya. If the expectation is something beyond this return though, I have a feeling that Jets fans will be disappointed. Goalies are becoming more and more commodified, I would really hesitate before I sold the farm for one. Even if he is as good as Helle
penguinswin liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 10:20 p.m.
Puckhead

I think it helps both teams…

Winnipeg would have a solid goalie next year, sorry I disagree with some above that say they are easy to find…a 1st is a first…they can flip it if they want, lots of teams out there who need them. And Girard helps when Dillon and Demelo depart The Peg.

It’s a lot to give up and a lot to get for Colorado…if this happens at a point that Winnipeg are true sellers 50% retained would be ideal and Colorado sweetens the deal. Colorado has lots of space to pluck a replacement for Girard and much more.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 10:37 p.m.
Quoting: GM_SZK
I think it helps both teams…

Winnipeg would have a solid goalie next year, sorry I disagree with some above that say they are easy to find…a 1st is a first…they can flip it if they want, lots of teams out there who need them. And Girard helps when Dillon and Demelo depart The Peg.

It’s a lot to give up and a lot to get for Colorado…if this happens at a point that Winnipeg are true sellers 50% retained would be ideal and Colorado sweetens the deal. Colorado has lots of space to pluck a replacement for Girard and much more.

Yeah, we can agree to disagree. Goalies aren't worth that much, and ones of Georgiev's level are easily found in ufa every year.

Girard is not only not needed by Winnipeg, but has a bad long term contract to boot and the Jets have a couple of LHD that can replace Dillon. DeMelo is an RHD and excellent defensively, so Girard isn't a replacement for him in handedness or defensive skill.

A 1st is a 1st is very flippant and totally untrue. There is a massive difference between a top 10 or 15 1st and a 27-32 first. If it is so easy to "flip"a 1st for something Winnipeg wants, then Colorado can go ahead and do that and add what they get to the deal and see if it makes a difference. I'm not saying it doesn't have value, just that when added to two pieces that have little value to Winnipeg, it's not going to interest Chevy, when you consider that Winnipeg is also sending a former 1st round pick that is NHL ready back as well.
GM_SZK liked this.
Sep. 6, 2023 at 10:46 p.m.
Puckhead
Yeah, we can agree to disagree. Goalies aren't worth that much, and ones of Georgiev's level are easily found in ufa every year.

Girard is not only not needed by Winnipeg, but has a bad long term contract to boot and the Jets have a couple of LHD that can replace Dillon. DeMelo is an RHD and excellent defensively, so Girard isn't a replacement for him in handedness or defensive skill.

A 1st is a 1st is very flippant and totally untrue. There is a massive difference between a top 10 or 15 1st and a 27-32 first. If it is so easy to "flip"a 1st for something Winnipeg wants, then Colorado can go ahead and do that and add what they get to the deal and see if it makes a difference. I'm not saying it doesn't have value, just that when added to two pieces that have little value to Winnipeg, it's not going to interest Chevy, when you consider that Winnipeg is also sending a former 1st round pick that is NHL ready back as well.

I do agree…to disagree…
Windjammer and MeetYourMakar liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll