$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, C
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
RFA
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
G
RFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 8, 2023 at 9:01 a.m.
Well I would think Buffalo would know what they have in Levi in 24-25 and UPL. Can't see them doing this trade unless this season goes to ****.
I would be very surprised but pleased if Power signed for that. Be surprised if it's under 9mill if he signs long term.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 9:32 a.m.
Love the idea of Backlund, but I'd like him on the roster now. Don't think we need Eberle and that price-tag.
BUFF36 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:16 p.m.
Quoting: BUFF36
Well I would think Buffalo would know what they have in Levi in 24-25 and UPL. Can't see them doing this trade unless this season goes to ****.
I would be very surprised but pleased if Power signed for that. Be surprised if it's under 9mill if he signs long term.

Something went pretty wrong if mitts gets that wierd (what is it overpaid middle 6 center, was he a key 3rd liner for a playoff team that won the cup somehow this year) contract and bumps cozens to the wing.

Quoting: Boos
Love the idea of Backlund, but I'd like him on the roster now. Don't think we need Eberle and that price-tag.

Im not a fan of the eberle price tag but love the idea of overpaying a good rw vet to take olofssons place on the 3rd line and adding a solid vet 4th line center that can win face offs THIS YEAR (as last year already happend) of out lord 2023.
Sep. 8, 2023 at 12:34 p.m.
Campbell was BAD last year
Bringing him in for 4years is pretty risky
Sep. 8, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
Quoting: DDossett
Something went pretty wrong if mitts gets that wierd (what is it overpaid middle 6 center, was he a key 3rd liner for a playoff team that won the cup somehow this year) contract and bumps cozens to the wing.

Im not a fan of the eberle price tag but love the idea of overpaying a good rw vet to take olofssons place on the 3rd line and adding a solid vet 4th line center that can win face offs THIS YEAR (as last year already happend) of out lord 2023.

I don't think they'll overpay, or even bring in,a top-9 forward for 2024-25. At that point they should have Kulich at the NHL level with one of Savoie or Benson possibly taking a top-9 spot. Makes financial sense as well with the Dahlin/Power raises kicking in that season
Sep. 9, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
I don't think they'll overpay, or even bring in,a top-9 forward for 2024-25. At that point they should have Kulich at the NHL level with one of Savoie or Benson possibly taking a top-9 spot. Makes financial sense as well with the Dahlin/Power raises kicking in that season

Which is why they should have done it last year instead of sitting on cap space and wasting roster spots on hinestroza and jost (who replaced the original piece i dont even remember right now, sheehan was it?). Probably would have made the playoffs last year if they had.
Sep. 9, 2023 at 9:41 a.m.
Which is why they should have done it last year instead of sitting on cap space and wasting roster spots on hinestroza and jost (who replaced the original piece i dont even remember right now, sheehan was it?). Probably would have made the playoffs last year if they had.

Agreed that they should have added, but on defense in November with all the blueline injuries. That said, last season was about development and evaluations. Did KAGM miss an opportunity to make the playoffs by doing nothing? Sure. But it's done. Is he missing opportunities now? Maybe. We just don't know what opportunities that were offered him.
Sep. 9, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
Agreed that they should have added, but on defense in November with all the blueline injuries. That said, last season was about development and evaluations. Did KAGM miss an opportunity to make the playoffs by doing nothing? Sure. But it's done. Is he missing opportunities now? Maybe. We just don't know what opportunities that were offered him.
Let's examine last years TDL.

Eleven teams traded 12 first round picks.
Three missed the playoffs Ottawa, Vancouver and Washington.
Six were bounced in the first round Boston, Los Angeles, Tampa, New York Islanders and Rangers
Two made it the second round New Jersey, Edmonton and Toronto.
Neither Florida nor Vegas traded first round picks, but the Knights did give up Zach the 30th OA from the 2021 draft to get Ivan Barbashev who had an excellent playoff with 7 goals and 18 pts in 22 games and Diliberatore a 2018 6th round pick to get Blueger who had 2 goals.
Ivan had 6 regular season goals after joining the Knights only two more than Greenway.
The Sabres picked up Greenway, and Stillman while Florida did not make any deals.
Stillman actually played very well registering a 55% CF playing with nearly every other defenseman.
At the TDL Buffalo was nearly as active as the Knights (Stillman and Greenway played a total of 35 regular season games while Barbashev and Blueger played 41) and more active than the Panthers.

Maybe they could have done more, certainly let's not trade away any first round picks to make the playoffs.
Compared to Boston and Tampa, they did nothing but they were both huge favorites in the playoffs, Buffalo was not.
Next year looks really bright for the Sabres as Tampa lost Killorn and Colton and Boston lost Bergeron, Stillman, Hall and Krejci as well as Orloff and Bartuzzi who they picked up for the playoff run.
Boos liked this.
Sep. 9, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

Six were bounced in the first round Boston, Los Angeles, Tampa, New York Islanders and Rangers
Neither Florida nor Vegas traded first round picks, but the Knights did give up Zach the 30th OA from the 2021 draft to get Ivan Barbashev who had an excellent playoff with 7 goals and 18 pts in 22 games and Diliberatore a 2018 6th round pick to get Blueger who had 2 goals.
Ivan had 6 regular season goals after joining the Knights only two more than Greenway.
The Sabres picked up Greenway, and Stillman while Florida did not make any deals.
Stillman actually played very well registering a 55% CF playing with nearly every other defenseman.
At the TDL Buffalo was nearly as active as the Knights (Stillman and Greenway played a total of 35 regular season games while Barbashev and Blueger played 41) and more active than the Panthers.

Maybe they could have done more, certainly let's not trade away any first round picks to make the playoffs.
Compared to Boston and Tampa, they did nothing but they were both huge favorites in the playoffs, Buffalo was not.
Next year looks really bright for the Sabres as Tampa lost Killorn and Colton and Boston lost Bergeron, Stillman, Hall and Krejci as well as Orloff and Bartuzzi who they picked up for the playoff run.

Nice work
Sep. 11, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

I was talking about the off season not the tdl. Hence referencing hinestroza and sheehan. Those should have been good vets to start the season not cast offs because;

Last year was about developement and analasys of the team. Im not sure what our guys learned from hinestroza and sheehan but i bet with 15 mil we could have found some better mentors. Also the best way to get your team playoff ready is to have have your developing talent earn they're spot from veteran performers.
Recently listened to 32 thoughts pod. JJ Peterka after talking about how hard it is to get a puck from Tage (with all his talent and size) is asked who the best keep away guy on the team is. Apparently Kyle Okposo...because hes just knows what to do, he has so much experience and understanding.
Im not saying we should have sold the farm and i don't deny hindsite is 20/20 but fortunately you can look through my record on here and see a year ago today i was arguing this same point. Get vets to mentor, pay what ever ridiculous amount you have too on a short term deal, if our prospects surpass the vets, bring em up, waive the vets. Its exactly what we did with hinestroza, sheehan, and bjork. Except we should have got guys that set a better bar than "wouldnt be on an nhl team if not for the sabres". The team was inconsistent and stretched out some inpressive losing streaks. That could have been help by a couple (2) 30 something guys with winning records. Especially a dman to mentor our young core and ride the pine most games.
The only reason this matters as the team is making the same mistake this year. Is this another evauluation year? Was everybody just so great there was not a single player to move on from or improve on? Nobody who you'll trade a single mid lvl prospect with to mix up the bottom 6 or a top prospect for a top 6 guy....
Just seems more likely they're doing nothing than there's nothing to do.
Sep. 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
I was talking about the off season not the tdl. Hence referencing hinestroza and sheehan. Those should have been good vets to start the season not cast offs because;

Last year was about developement and analasys of the team. Im not sure what our guys learned from hinestroza and sheehan but i bet with 15 mil we could have found some better mentors. Also the best way to get your team playoff ready is to have have your developing talent earn they're spot from veteran performers.
Recently listened to 32 thoughts pod. JJ Peterka after talking about how hard it is to get a puck from Tage (with all his talent and size) is asked who the best keep away guy on the team is. Apparently Kyle Okposo...because hes just knows what to do, he has so much experience and understanding.
Im not saying we should have sold the farm and i don't deny hindsite is 20/20 but fortunately you can look through my record on here and see a year ago today i was arguing this same point. Get vets to mentor, pay what ever ridiculous amount you have too on a short term deal, if our prospects surpass the vets, bring em up, waive the vets. Its exactly what we did with hinestroza, sheehan, and bjork. Except we should have got guys that set a better bar than "wouldnt be on an nhl team if not for the sabres". The team was inconsistent and stretched out some inpressive losing streaks. That could have been help by a couple (2) 30 something guys with winning records. Especially a dman to mentor our young core and ride the pine most games.
The only reason this matters as the team is making the same mistake this year. Is this another evauluation year? Was everybody just so great there was not a single player to move on from or improve on? Nobody who you'll trade a single mid lvl prospect with to mix up the bottom 6 or a top prospect for a top 6 guy....
Just seems more likely they're doing nothing than there's nothing to do.

Who were you gunning for last year and who this year?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll