SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Chicago Blackhawks signed Patrick Sharp (1 Year / $1,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 1, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
Patrick Sharp has signed a new contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.
35+ Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Stan Bowman
Length: 1 year
Value: $1,000,000
Expiry Status: UFA
Cap % Tooltip: 1.07
Signing Team: Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks
Signing Date: Jul. 1, 2017

Patrick Sharp signed a 1 year, $1,000,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Jul. 1, 2017. The contract has a cap hit of $800,000.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2017-18NTC$800,000$1,000,000$200,000$0$800,000$800,000$800,000
TOTAL$800,000$1,000,000$200,000$0$800,000$800,000$800,000
CLAUSE SOURCE: CapFriendly
Jul. 3, 2017 at 10:40 a.m.
GM in the Making
Look it's hard to whine about a player only making $1mil but I'm still going to say that this is a bad deal. Sharp, in my opinion, is done like dinner. I don't believe he has much of anything to offer the on-ice product of the Chicago Blackhawks. Time will tell I guess but I feel like Chicago bought a lemon here.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 10:50 a.m.
Quoting: BridgewatersFinest
Look it's hard to whine about a player only making $1mil but I'm still going to say that this is a bad deal. Sharp, in my opinion, is done like dinner. I don't believe he has much of anything to offer the on-ice product of the Chicago Blackhawks. Time will tell I guess but I feel like Chicago bought a lemon here.

Injuries are a large reason why Sharp hadn't played well last year and part of the year before. He took time off in March after recognizing his team wasn't making the playoffs to have surgeries and heal himself. He will have had nearly 5 months of time to rebuild his body and get into shape for next year. All he has to do is produce at a 3rd line level and he is well worth this deal. It's hard to believe he can't do that given the fact he did exactly that while injured the last 2 seasons.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 3:08 p.m.
Sharp was a key player for them in the past, easier to hide a forward than a D-man past his prime or a goalie... So sure when they win the Cup with guys like Boulma/Sharp everybody who said it was a bad signing will spin it some other way smile.
Jul. 8, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Daoloth
Sharp was a key player for them in the past, easier to hide a forward than a D-man past his prime or a goalie... So sure when they win the Cup with guys like Boulma/Sharp everybody who said it was a bad signing will spin it some other way smile.

Yea look at Pittsburgh. A team of castaways
Jul. 9, 2017 at 5:36 a.m.
Quoting: MartyBrodeur
Quoting: Daoloth

Yea look at Pittsburgh. A team of castaways

Long as got that core intact, a nice goalie, can find guys who down on their luck to fit in... Schultz I had people laugh at me when wanted Kings to trade for him, wanted Petry too, lots of players except Sekera or others they ended up trading for like Zykov for Versteeg etc wink. Sharp had some good years in Chicago, they were smart to get rid of him when did... Now they get to bring him back for dirt cheap with no real risk after were swept out of Playoffs so smile. Pens had enough even with Letang injured, Murray even ended up where he was from injuries in net in front of him.. Zatkoff won a game in the Post Season the first Cup run he had to give an idea how far it got smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit