Forums/Armchair-GM

sens can sign pinto

Created by: bwhsocal
Team: 2023-24 Arizona Coyotes
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 14, 2023
Published: Oct. 14, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
sens need cap to sign pinto, this gives them 3m and returns 2 (lower) but NHL players. AZ gets 1st for 3 years of joseph.
Trades
ARI
  1. Brännström, Erik
  2. Joseph, Mathieu
  3. 2024 1st round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. O'Brien, Liam
  2. Stecher, Troy
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (ARI)
  4. 2024 4th round pick (ARI)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$80,913,810$0$3,500,000$2,586,190

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$7,150,000$7,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$1,775,000$1,775,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,850,000$5,850,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,425,000$3,425,000
LW
RFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,599,999$1,599,999
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$886,667$886,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,725,000$2,725,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,950,000$1,950,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 3
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
KFTW
Nah I’ll keep Joseph and the 1st. You can have Brannstrom for a pick
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Quoting: csick

AZ doesnt need to do anything. unless AZ can work out to move into 1st (maybe give some lower picks up) middle picks arent needed.
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: bwhsocal
AZ doesnt need to do anything. unless AZ can work out to move into 1st (maybe give some lower picks up) middle picks arent needed.

Ottawa isn’t moving a 1st
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
Ottawa isn’t moving a 1st

i get it but are only 7 teams w 3m cap space, how many are in the market for any of the sens guys you willing to move?
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
KFTW
i get it but are only 7 teams w 3m cap space, how many are in the market for any of the sens guys you willing to move?

Joseph should stay. Someone else will go
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
Joseph should stay. Someone else will go

i hope sens get pinto signed and whatever the dealings to get cap space arent too painful, but sens dont have a lots of options and every GM knows it so getting even value or close to it good luck

your GM i dont get signing vlad or some other moves before locking down pinto
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
KFTW
i hope sens get pinto signed and whatever the dealings to get cap space arent too painful, but sens dont have a lots of options and every GM knows it so getting even value or close to it good luck

Kubalik should be one to go. He’s a 1 year rental. Joseph is solid
Oct. 14, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
Kubalik should be one to go. He’s a 1 year rental. Joseph is solid

agree but 2.5m might get pinto signed (who knows where the relationship is now) but sens still has no cap space and no scratches
Oct. 15, 2023 at 7:00 a.m.
Edited Oct. 15, 2023 at 7:09 a.m.
ok it is OBVIOUS that Ottawa has no interest spending a 1st to move Joseph. It would have been done already as 2 games have been played and Pinto isn't signed yet.

Liam O'Brien and Stecher are NOT needed and would have to be waived and sent to the AHL, so they become SALARY dumps for Ottawa...

Erik Brannstrom is worth at least that 3rd and 4th pick (but not ideal for a young 2-way PMD) so this whole proposal is a simple NO

AZ doesnt need to do anything.

Weird to say this... YOU are proposing here... Remember, it's an armchair GM game, you are "acting" like if you were the Coyotes GM.

We are used to it, Dorion has been the GM since 2016. A lot of the things he does doesn't make sense.

agree but 2.5m might get pinto signed (who knows where the relationship is now) but sens still has no cap space and no scratches

The 1 year deal is ready. Not sure what Dorion is waiting. He's probably working hard to "save face" as much as possible. His stupid ego is probably what prevents him from trading Kubalik at a discount (DeBrincat fiasco)

Can't afford to trade Brannstrom.

Kleven is not 100% NHL ready and it would be a bad idea to rush him into a team that wants to become a contender, it's not the same pressure. One injury in the Top-4 and it's either him or Hamonic in the Top-4, not ideal.

Thomson and JBD have not progressed fast enough and still need more development. Matinpalo has shown some good things but I don't know how good he'd be defensively in regular NHL season games, no NHL experience. Guenette is probably the 7th D-man in their eyes but he has 1 NHL Game...

Larsson and Heaterington are "ok" in a vacuum but same thing, one Top-4 injury and we're screwed. Brannstrom is the ONLY other guy in the organization who could play Top-4 minutes and be good
Oct. 15, 2023 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
ok it is OBVIOUS that Ottawa has no interest spending a 1st to move Joseph. It would have been done already as 2 games have been played and Pinto isn't signed yet.

Liam O'Brien and Stecher are NOT needed and would have to be waived and sent to the AHL, so they become SALARY dumps for Ottawa...

Erik Brannstrom is worth at least that 3rd and 4th pick (but not ideal for a young 2-way PMD) so this whole proposal is a simple NO

Weird to say this... YOU are proposing here... Remember, it's an armchair GM game, you are "acting" like if you were the Coyotes GM.

We are used to it, Dorion has been the GM since 2016. A lot of the things he does doesn't make sense.

The 1 year deal is ready. Not sure what Dorion is waiting. He's probably working hard to "save face" as much as possible. His stupid ego is probably what prevents him from trading Kubalik at a discount (DeBrincat fiasco)

Can't afford to trade Brannstrom.

Kleven is not 100% NHL ready and it would be a bad idea to rush him into a team that wants to become a contender, it's not the same pressure. One injury in the Top-4 and it's either him or Hamonic in the Top-4, not ideal.

Thomson and JBD have not progressed fast enough and still need more development. Matinpalo has shown some good things but I don't know how good he'd be defensively in regular NHL season games, no NHL experience. Guenette is probably the 7th D-man in their eyes but he has 1 NHL Game...

Larsson and Heaterington are "ok" in a vacuum but same thing, one Top-4 injury and we're screwed. Brannstrom is the ONLY other guy in the organization who could play Top-4 minutes and be good

i proposed not a trade for equal parts, OTT is in a corner and AZ is one of a handful of teams that have the cap space. AZ doesnt need to deal w OTT so OTT can sign pinto, only reason is to take advantage of the situation, if Im AZ GM id throw a one-sided proposal if OTT desperate enough they bit if not walk away. obrein and stecher were added because AZ is at roster and contract limit and both cheap
Oct. 17, 2023 at 11:27 a.m.
i proposed not a trade for equal parts, OTT is in a corner and AZ is one of a handful of teams that have the cap space. AZ doesnt need to deal w OTT so OTT can sign pinto, only reason is to take advantage of the situation, if Im AZ GM id throw a one-sided proposal if OTT desperate enough they bit if not walk away. obrein and stecher were added because AZ is at roster and contract limit and both cheap

ok so you proposed a fleece and it got rejected.

I could make an ACGM proposing Joseph, Kubalik and Brannstrom for McDavid retained at 50%. It doesn't mean much outside of that the other team would decline without even thinking

Ottawa is not paying Brannstrom and a 1st to move Joseph (minus that 3rd and 4th that doesn't mean much here).
Oct. 17, 2023 at 11:38 a.m.

I could make an ACGM proposing Joseph, Kubalik and Brannstrom for McDavid retained at 50%. It doesn't mean much outside of that the other team would decline without even thinking

Ottawa is not paying Brannstrom and a 1st to move Joseph (minus that 3rd and 4th that doesn't mean much here).

how long is pinto situation going to drag on, OTT GM has to have been trying since before training camp to move someone to open up space and nothing. i doubt there is going to be a trade that any OTT fan likes to get this resolved.
Oct. 17, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.

in the west your trade partners (cant see an east GM helping out OTT) with over 3m cap are CHI, AZ, ANA, NASH and 2-3m SEA and WNG pick a partner. SEA and NASH prolly best bets to take on joseph or kubalik
Oct. 18, 2023 at 9:10 a.m.
how long is pinto situation going to drag on, OTT GM has to have been trying since before training camp to move someone to open up space and nothing. i doubt there is going to be a trade that any OTT fan likes to get this resolved.

One guy is responsible for the mess and it's Pierre Dorion, it was totally unprovoked and I have no idea why he hasn't been fired yet. I guess it's for the optics that the new owner is not in a position to fire the GM shortly after acquiring the team. If only the team sale was completed before the end of last season... would have been the perfect timing to make the management changes

Don't worry, I know there's a good chance that Dorion screws things up like he often do, but there's also times he has done well in tough situations or to repair mistakes like :

- Dadonov (5.0 AAV x 2 years) for Holden + 3rd

- Murray (75% of 6.25 AAV x 2 years) + 3rd + 7th for future considerations

And it's not useful to determine anything based on "how long it takes", not the first time this type of situation happens with him. 2 years ago, Brady Tkachuk missed whole training camp and the first 3 games of the season... there was several other instances where he didn't put a hard dedline to do things and it ended up being more complicated than it should. He's a really bad GM

in the west your trade partners (cant see an east GM helping out OTT) with over 3m cap are CHI, AZ, ANA, NASH and 2-3m SEA and WNG pick a partner. SEA and NASH prolly best bets to take on joseph or kubalik

I personally have zero interest in trading Joseph, even less if it costs anything. My choice has been Kubalik since July 26tth, which I thought would happen soon after they signed Tarasenko. I have no idea why Kubalik was even in training camp... but as always, Dorion is a bit clueless and it creates all kind of messy situations like the current one.

I don't agree with "cant see an east GM helping out OTT", I mean Toronto just did last year for example... and it was a divisional rival. Teams serve their own interests, there's no COLLUSION against one team. And there's also several ways to create cap space : LTIR (injuries happen a lot like Montreal and LA recently), trades or even burying a player in the AHL. Fitting Kubalik 2.5 AAV is not that hard, you could even use a team with cap space for retention (team acquiring Kubalik would spend a pick), no big deal as his contract expires after the season

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll