Initial Creation Date: Nov. 11, 2023
Published: Nov. 11, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CGY
  1. Ritchie, Calum [Reserve List]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Lindholm, Elias ($2,250,000 retained)
CGY
  1. 2024 1st round pick (VAN)
VAN
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the COL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$70,842,499$0$227,500$12,657,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:25 p.m.
Banned
Leafs accept but we’ll pay another 3rd to have him half retained
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:25 p.m.
Quoting: Kinger25
Leafs accept but we’ll pay another 3rd to have him half retained

Oooooooh dope let’s go.
Kinger25 liked this.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:30 p.m.
TrevorA
You’re undervaluing all 3 man and retention costs extra

You’ll have to explain to me why The Flames would remotely have any interest in Hirvonen

Zadorov is far more valuable than you seem to think. He’s a rare breed and highly coveted by all GM’s no matter where they’re at in the standings. You just can’t find guys like him, they’re rarely made available, hence why Chiarot & Savard generated 1st RD Picks in Trade. He’s Young, Huge, Fast, Mean, Can Score and he’s just entering his prime

Like Hanifin, Zadorov’s the perfect candidate for a Sign & Trade, increasing his value and providing his new team with term, which is what he wants and partially why he’s supposedly asked for a trade
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:33 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR

You’ll have to explain to me why The Flames would remotely have any interest in Hirvonen

Zadorov is far more valuable than you seem to think. He’s a rare breed and highly coveted by all GM’s no matter where they’re at in the standings. You just can’t find guys like him. He’s Young and just entering his prime

Like Hanifin, Zadorov’s the perfect candidate for a Sign & Trade increasing his value and providing his new team with term, which is what he wants and partially why he’s asked for a trade

I don’t know man I think us that flames fans look at our precious “big Z” with rose coloured glasses.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:34 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Vancouver isn't giving you a 1st for Tanev
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:36 p.m.
Quoting: theleano1
Vancouver isn't giving you a 1st for Tanev

For the best defensive defencemen in league with retention. Cmon man give your head a shake, he deserves a first.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:37 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: Flamesfan60
For the best defensive defencemen in league with retention. Cmon man give your head a shake, he deserves a first.

He's definitely not the best defensive Dman in the leauge hell he probably even isn't the best in the pacific this year you by far are overvaluing a soon to be 34 year old ufa
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:42 p.m.
He's definitely not the best defensive Dman in the leauge hell he probably even isn't the best in the pacific this year you by far are overvaluing a soon to be 34 year old ufa

His defensive metrics are actually elite. Age is a concern but he very well could be the best pure defender in the league
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:42 p.m.
I think these would be underpays for all three honestly
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
TrevorA
I don’t know man I think us that flames fans look at our precious “big Z” with rose coloured glasses.

Think about it, why are there so many AGM’s for him on here!? Who else is out there like him that’s available (Hint: Nobody)

TOR, VAN & NJD are already in the queue and it’s only been 24 hours

It’s the Perfect Storm for a Bidding War

Is it debatable!? Who else is better than Tanev!? Name them!? Are any of them available!?

IF made available, Tanev is THE BEST Defensive Defensemen that’ll be available this season and there’s already a TON of interest in his services
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:46 p.m.
Edited Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:52 p.m.

Zadorov is far more valuable than you seem to think. He’s a rare breed and highly coveted by all GM’s no matter where they’re at in the standings. You just can’t find guys like him, they’re rarely made available, hence why Chiarot & Savard generated 1st RD Picks in Trade. He’s Young, Huge, Fast, Mean, Can Score and he’s just entering his prime

Like Hanifin, Zadorov’s the perfect candidate for a Sign & Trade, increasing his value and providing his new team with term, which is what he wants and partially why he’s supposedly asked for a trade

Much better chance that Zadorov nets a big return as a rental than a sign & trade (or trade & sign) imo.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:47 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: GMBL
Much better chance that Zadorov nets a big return as a rental than a sign & trade or trade & sign imo.

Really!? Why!? You’ll have to explain that to me
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:49 p.m.
Think about it, why are there so many AGM’s for him on here!? Who else is out there like him that’s available (Hint: Nobody)

Is it debatable!? Who else is better than Tanev!? Name them!? Are any of them available!?

IF made available, Tanev is THE BEST Defensive Defensemen that’ll be available this season and there’s already a TON of interest in his services

Like I’d love to get more for him but I don’t think it’s happening. I’d love to be wrong.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:52 p.m.
TrevorA
Like I’d love to get more for him but I don’t think it’s happening. I’d love to be wrong.

Maybe you’re trying to be conservative with your expectations, but no offence, but I hope you’re wrong too 😉

Who knows what Conroy will do after he literally gave Toffoli away lol
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:56 p.m.
PDG over PDO

Braydon McNab, Alec Martinez, Ian cole have all been better this year to name a few that's just the pacific alone, granted none of them are available but that was never my argument, also with him requesting a trade as well his value is going to take a hit. For a 1st round pick + alittle bit more your getting a Hronek/Chyrucn dman as that's what the market was set at last year, a team like Vancouver isnt going to waste a 1st on a 34 year old ufa simple as that
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:56 p.m.
Really!? Why!? You’ll have to explain that to me

He's not the caliber of player that a team would rush to sign without seeing his fit on the team (he's not Hanifin) but more importantly, making sure they can afford him going forward. Not sure what other teams would be interested in him, but out of TOR, VAN, and NJ the first two will definitely wait for the off-season to try to re-sign him and for NJ he would more than likely be a pure rental.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if he nets a 1st (for example) it's more than likely it's because of a bidding war/high TDL prices (think Chiarot)/ the ability to get him early as a rental rather than for the opportunity to have him for the next 4 to 5 years at 5M+ in addition to this year.
Nov. 11, 2023 at 11:58 p.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: stuuuuuuuuuuutzle
His defensive metrics are actually elite. Age is a concern but he very well could be the best pure defender in the league

He's also taking a pretty noticeable step back this year especially with his speed and for a guy that was never known to be the fastest guy it's going to hurt him in the modern day leauge, he definitely was elite once a upon a time but with his start this year that's starting to feel like forever ago
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:08 a.m.
TrevorA
Braydon McNab, Alec Martinez, Ian cole have all been better this year to name a few that's just the pacific alone, granted none of them are available but that was never my argument, also with him requesting a trade as well his value is going to take a hit. For a 1st round pick + alittle bit more your getting a Hronek/Chyrucn dman as that's what the market was set at last year, a team like Vancouver isnt going to waste a 1st on a 34 year old ufa simple as that

Since when did Tanev ask for a Trade!?

How exactly did you come up with those names and/or determine what makes them a better Defensemen, cause none of those guys are close to being the Defender Tanev is

He's also taking a pretty noticeable step back this year especially with his speed and for a guy that was never known to be the fastest guy it's going to hurt him in the modern day leauge, he definitely was elite once a upon a time but with his start this year that's starting to feel like forever ago

How do you know this!? Can you point me to the site that shows his average skating speed from year to year, or are you just making that up to help your argument!?
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:17 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Since when did Tanev ask for a Trade!?

How do you decide what makes a good Defensemen, cause none of those guys are close to being the Defender Tanev is

https://twitter.com/irfgaffar/status/1723188973370221054?t=DBHpIMgKgN3MgXW4mw-9Jg&s=19
Gaffar who is really close to the tanev family hinted at it, he doesn't typically tweet stuff like that unless he's 100% sure, on ice high danger attempts against per 60, +/-,
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:19 a.m.
TrevorA
He's not the caliber of player that a team would rush to sign without seeing his fit on the team (he's not Hanifin) but more importantly, making sure they can afford him going forward. Not sure what other teams would be interested in him, but out of TOR, VAN, and NJ the first two will definitely wait for the off-season to try to re-sign him and for NJ he would more than likely be a pure rental.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if he nets a 1st (for example) it's more than likely it's because of a bidding war/high TDL prices (think Chiarot)/ the ability to get him early as a rental rather than for the opportunity to have him for the next 4 to 5 years at 5M+ in addition to this year.

Love you man, but I gotta disagree with you on this one

If you’re giving up the asset(s) I believe it’s gonna take to acquire Zadorov, you don’t just want him for 1/3-3/4 of a season, just to potentially lose him or get in a bidding war, thus having to pay him more than you would have otherwise

It’s not like he’s in his mid-30’s/declining years, like Schenn (with NSH) or Chiarot (when he signed with DET) or only had a one-off good season like Gudbranson….

I’m confident Zadorov can be signed for $3-4mil/yr right now and if for some reason it doesn’t work, given the demand there was for him originally, they would have no problem moving him for assets in return. Again, Zadorov is just entering his prime years now
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:26 a.m.
TrevorA

If you’re giving up the asset(s) I believe it’s gonna take to acquire Zadorov, you don’t just want him for 1/3-3/4 of a season, just to potentially lose him or get in a bidding war, thus having to pay him more than you would have otherwise

It’s not like he’s in his mid-30’s/declining years, like Chiarot or Schenn or only had a one-off good season like Gudbranson…. I’m confident Zadorov can be signed for $3-4mil/yr right now and if for some reason it doesn’t work, given the demand there was for him originally, they would have no problem moving him for assets in return. Again, Zadorov is just entering his prime years now

https://twitter.com/irfgaffar/status/1723188973370221054?t=DBHpIMgKgN3MgXW4mw-9Jg&s=19
Gaffar who is really close to the tanev family hinted at it, he doesn't typically tweet stuff like that unless he's 100% sure, on ice high danger attempts against per 60, +/-,

Although that could possibly be true and I’m ready to cash in and move in from Tanev anyways, we don’t know that Gaffer knows or is close to the Tanev’s and could be referencing a number of Flames guys there….

I’m happy to move on from a bunch of our Pending UFA’s, but the goal is to get full value for them and I’m still waiting for this site that shows their average skating speed or proof Tanev has slowed down or lost a step

The Flames haven’t been playing to hot this, including his main partner Hanifin, and the fact is he’s has numerous partners this year, which combined ain’t gonna help us underlying stats. Still doesn’t mean his play is declining at all
theleano1 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:37 a.m.
Edited Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:42 a.m.

It’s not like he’s in his mid-30’s/declining years, like Schenn (with NSH) or Chiarot (when he signed with DET) or only had a one-off good season like Gudbranson….

I’m confident Zadorov can be signed for $3-4mil/yr right now and if for some reason it doesn’t work, given the demand there was for him originally, they would have no problem moving him for assets in return. Again, Zadorov is just entering his prime years now

Ideally, they won't want to give up a first (or something significant for him) in the first place, so losing him as a rental won't hurt as much, but if the market dictates a first then maybe they will do it. Teams don't purposefully look to spend more, especially for someone who would be a complimentary piece despite how coveted he is. So, I'm saying it's more likely that they give up a 1st because they have to compete with others rather than putting themselves in that situation especially when they have more important players to sign.

If he takes 3M-4M i would be surprised honestly. I think he would want 5m+, but maybe end up with 4-5M but only after testing free agency.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:37 a.m.
PDG over PDO

It’s not like he’s in his mid-30’s/declining years, like Chiarot or Schenn or only had a one-off good season like Gudbranson…. I’m confident Zadorov can be signed for $3-4mil/yr right now and if for some reason it doesn’t work, given the demand there was for him originally, they would have no problem moving him for assets in return. Again, Zadorov is just entering his prime years now

Although that could possibly be true and I’m ready to cash in and move in from Tanev anyways, we don’t know that Gaffer knows or is close to the Tanev’s and could be referencing a number of Flames guys there….

I’m happy to move on from a bunch of our Pending UFA’s, but the goal is to get full value for them and I’m still waiting for this site that shows their average skating speed or proof Tanev has slowed down or lost a step

The Flames haven’t been playing to hot this, including his main partner Hanifin, and the fact is he’s has numerous partners this year, which combined ain’t gonna help us underlying stats. Still doesn’t mean his play is declining at all

I think of the two honestly Zadorov is the more likely one to get a 1st being 4 years younger and having a bunch better year Imho, Gaffar is pretty publicly known In Vancouver to be close to the players here especially the Tanevs it's possible he was referring to someone else how ever i find it unlikely and hey you know I definitely understand the desire to cash in on players and In all honesty I hope you do (as long as it's not against us) because the flames - canucks rivalry Is much better when both teams are good, it's true the flames and Hanifin haven't been doing well, I'm just not sure teams are willing to risk his numbers bouncing back up on a new team for that price at his age, especially Vancouver, for me he has looked a little slower on the eye test but hopefully he improved but cheers for a good debate man, I really enjoyed it you have been really classy/nice to talk too, don't get that much on here! So definitely nice to have a change of pace lol
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 12:49 a.m.
TrevorA
Edited Nov. 12, 2023 at 1:02 a.m.
Ideally, they won't want to give up a first (or something significant for him) in the first place, so losing him as a rental won't hurt as much, but if the market dictates a first then maybe they will do it. Teams don't purposefully look to spend more, especially for someone who would be a complimentary piece despite how coveted he is. So, I'm saying it's more likely that they give up a 1st because they have to compete with others rather than putting themselves in that situation especially when they have more important players to sign.

If he takes 3M-4M i would be surprised honestly. I think he would want 5m+, but maybe end up with 4-5M but only after testing free agency.

I think you’re referring to TOR as they, so I’ll respond with that assumption

The problem is TOR only want to offer Picks. They’re not willing to offer any of their Young Players or Prospects with Value. @Kinger25 said this to me directly and it’s evident in their AGM’s where they throw all kinds of crappy quantity in place of quality

Even if/when Cowan, Minten, Liljegren or heaven forbid Knies are offered in a TOR AGM, the OP gets blasted and shamed immediately by TOR Fans for even suggesting they’d part with those assets

You typically get paid on past performance, so with just 18:00ATOI I don’t believe Big-Z has the necessary leverage to demand anywhere close to $5mil+. Maybe, but he also wants term, so I think a deal can be made where he accepts $3-4mil/yr, so long as he’d given 3-6 years of term
Nov. 12, 2023 at 1:00 a.m.
TrevorA
I think of the two honestly Zadorov is the more likely one to get a 1st being 4 years younger and having a bunch better year Imho, Gaffar is pretty publicly known In Vancouver to be close to the players here especially the Tanevs it's possible he was referring to someone else how ever i find it unlikely and hey you know I definitely understand the desire to cash in on players and In all honesty I hope you do (as long as it's not against us) because the flames - canucks rivalry Is much better when both teams are good, it's true the flames and Hanifin haven't been doing well, I'm just not sure teams are willing to risk his numbers bouncing back up on a new team for that price at his age, especially Vancouver, for me he has looked a little slower on the eye test but hopefully he improved but cheers for a good debate man, I really enjoyed it you have been really classy/nice to talk too, don't get that much on here! So definitely nice to have a change of pace lol

I appreciate you for saying that. I’m not always this good or polite, or so I’ve been told, but I try to be until provoked lol

I didn’t realize you were a VAN Fan at the time, so being familiar with Gaffer and Tanev, I accept your word and eye test

I think TOR is of Interest to Tanev since it’s his Hone Town and if he gets Traded there, Treliving will try to take him off the market on a Home Town Team Friendly Deal.

I’m sure hd be interested in returning to VAN because so don’t think he or Markstrom wanted to leave in the first place, it just came down to his injury history, which his dad has bulked up his equipment to fix, and VAN not having the $$$. Does Tanev’s Family live in VAN!? I mean it’s easy access to SEA to see his Brother or CGY

I’m just concerned as to whether VAN can keep their current success up, so they may want to wait before pulling the pin on a Trade for Tanev. Maybe they can pick him up as a Free Agent for nothing, but if Tanev does make it to the Deadline and VAN is in it to win it, so they really want Tanev playing against them or for them!?

I think CGY can get the best return from EDM and we did make him an offer to renew and I do see value in what he does not only personally but mentoring and covering for our young guys coming up. He’s the ideal D-Partner to have

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll