SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

You're building a franchise. Pick one star to build around

From this list, who'd you rather have as your team superstar?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 8, 2017 at 11:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: MartyBrodeur

He messed up man, that deal is gonna hurt

I'm going to listen to Yzerman (one of the best players ever and a great GM) instead of CapFriendly people. sorry.

What's your reasoning for that?
Jul. 8, 2017 at 11:58 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I'm going to listen to Yzerman (one of the best players ever and a great GM) instead of CapFriendly people. sorry.

Steve Yzerman is an NHL GM. He probably values players better than anyone on this site, me included.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 1:18 a.m.

Steve Yzerman is an NHL GM. He probably values players better than anyone on this site, me included.

Eh he has a great first name, probably a better player than anybody on this site was or will be though smile. I put more stock in what somebody like Rob Blake has to say about players since he is a HOF D-man... Need to know a lot more to play D to be a HOFer or Goalie than a forward who can score. Unless of course your name is Garth Snow who wasn't that great in net or as GM haha wink. Not to forget Mike Milbury another dud, being great don't mean judge talent well... Though Tampa has hit on a few young players, would say Steve is better than probably half the other GMs in NHL. Though that is like saying even a broken clock is right twice a day, helps having owners who spend up to cap while in a tax friendly state... Also Florida Panthers seem to have a lot more issues drawing fans to watch games compared to Tampa for whatever reason smile. I think winning 1 Cup nearly 2 helps compared to Panthers who just lost their only SCF.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 1:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth

Eh he has a great first name, probably a better player than anybody on this site was or will be though smile. I put more stock in what somebody like Rob Blake has to say about players since he is a HOF D-man... Need to know a lot more to play D to be a HOFer or Goalie than a forward who can score. Unless of course your name is Garth Snow who wasn't that great in net or as GM haha wink. Not to forget Mike Milbury another dud, being great don't mean judge talent well... Though Tampa has hit on a few young players, would say Steve is better than probably half the other GMs in NHL. Though that is like saying even a broken clock is right twice a day, helps having owners who spend up to cap while in a tax friendly state... Also Florida Panthers seem to have a lot more issues drawing fans to watch games compared to Tampa for whatever reason smile. I think winning 1 Cup nearly 2 helps compared to Panthers who just lost their only SCF.

Well he was able to sign Stamkos is one thing. I actually, the whole time, was saying that Stamkos was gonna re-sign, even just before he signed. Everyone else disagreed and thought i was crazy.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 8:47 a.m.
RAIF, who is everyone who disagreed with you on the Stamkos signing? There were only rumors that he was going to go home to Toronto and play with then assumed number one overall pick, Auston Matthews. Just because individuals believe in an un-authentic idea, doesn't mean they disagree with you, it means that the rumor and you believing the rumor are at a disagreement.

Ones ability to resign a player cannot be the sole determination of how good a general manger is. There are no force signings, and having a general manager like Garth Snow, for example, isn't worse for not signing Tavares. BNK has zero market in hockey, its all about the Nets. Tavares might want to play in the spotlight more often and around other good players, besides Nick Leddy and the gang.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 8:48 a.m.

I can assure you, he doesn't have the best evaluations IRL on this site. He signed a pylon (Giradri) and hasn't made too many trades that standout (other than giving the Flyers Radko Gudas, a pick that eventually became Travis Konency (we moved up in the draft) for another pylon (Couburn)
Jul. 10, 2017 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

yes, look them up on wikipedia or something

who did they play for? not sure if they are real.

They have to be real no?
Jul. 10, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill

They have to be real no?

Oh all stars back in their day
Jul. 10, 2017 at 10:46 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
RAIF, who is everyone who disagreed with you on the Stamkos signing? There were only rumors that he was going to go home to Toronto and play with then assumed number one overall pick, Auston Matthews. Just because individuals believe in an un-authentic idea, doesn't mean they disagree with you, it means that the rumor and you believing the rumor are at a disagreement.

Ones ability to resign a player cannot be the sole determination of how good a general manger is. There are no force signings, and having a general manager like Garth Snow, for example, isn't worse for not signing Tavares. BNK has zero market in hockey, its all about the Nets. Tavares might want to play in the spotlight more often and around other good players, besides Nick Leddy and the gang.

did you think Stamkos was gonna sign with TBL?
Jul. 10, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
Oh Canada

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh
oh boy that made my day
cheers
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.

did you think Stamkos was gonna sign with TBL?

Yup. I don't take too much stock into rumors. If you ever come to Philly, you'll hear Bobby Ryan or Johnny Hockey rumors because they are from the area. Anyone can make up a rumor about a player coming back to where they came from, but a lot of times it doesn't hold enough water for me to entertain the idea
Jul. 21, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.
The REAL David Booth

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit