SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022 Re-Draft with Analysis

2022 Re-Draft with Analysis

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Dec. 12, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-It’s a coin flip between Cooley and Nemec. I would say Nemec is doing better all around, but Cooley has had the longer NHL stint so he goes here. He hasn’t been great during 5 on 5 play, but on special teams he’s crushing it.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Like said before, it is a coin flip between Cooley and Nemec. In the short time Nemec has played, he’s been noticeable and shown that he can play both ends of the ice.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-A guy that had a solid AHL season last year and continued the strong play this year. But hasn’t been that impactful on Columbus, but its still way too early to write him off.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Slafkovsky has been playing really good recently, in fact Montreal’s best forward within the past few games. But didn’t have a great year the season where expectations were high on him.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Nearly has a point per game on a decent Ducks team. One of the main reasons why the Ducks aren’t a clear Celebrini contender, excelling in a top 4 role.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksObviously production isn’t great, but Korchinski has been played on a really bad Blackhawks team. For the expectations that he has, Korchinski is just fine.
7Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI’m not a Bruins fan, but I really love this kid. He has been consistent throughout the season and could push himself into a 1C role with Zacha out.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I’m not a Bruins fan, but I really love this kid. He has been consistent throughout the season and could push himself into a 1C role with Zacha out.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The most disappointing prospect that was drafted in the top 5. Once projected as a superstar, Wright’s potential is looking like he will be a future 2C for the Kraken. Though he is doing very well in the AHL right now.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Didn’t have to play in Czechia for his DY +1 and tore the AHL last year. He’s now shown that his AHL rookie season wasn’t a fluke and is ready for some Sabres action really soon.
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose SharksSnuggerud is a solid play driving forward, he’s been really consistent since his draft year.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-This will be a head scratcher for some people, but before the draft I had Yurov as a top 15 selection. He’s getting better and better every KHL season, and he’s now breaking out in there. Nearly a PPG, which is impossible for a U20 player.
13Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York IslandersLambert would be in the top 10 had he stayed in the AHL for the full season last year. Now with Connor hurt, now’s the time to make a case to get into the Jets lineup as he nearly did it last year in preseason. The Big Bad Brad has 1RW projection.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Honestly the top 15 is deep I could see Gauthier even higher than this. Haven’t followed him closely, but in the games I’ve seen he’s looked decent. Definitely overshadowed by Cooley though.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Only got into 1 game with the Sabres, so its hard to judge his play. But I did see the WHL finals and he looked consistent. But Benson was better in that series so I have Savoie at this spot.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsCasey, like Hutson is proving to people that size doesn’t matter.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-As a Jets fan, it sucks to put him lower, but McGroarty is playing well. Just needs to get healthy.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-As a Jets fan, it sucks to put him lower, but McGroarty is playing well. Just needs to get healthy.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles KingsAfter a year riddled with injuries last season, Nazar has been consistent. If he keeps his strong play up, he will rise up the redraft board.
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-Had a great season last year, was in fact looking like a top 10 player. Needs to improve his defensive effort, but for a rookie the offensive production in the AHL isn’t bad. But not as good as others above him. Projected at this point as a mid 2C.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Had a great season last year, was in fact looking like a top 10 player. Needs to improve his defensive effort, but for a rookie the offensive production in the AHL isn’t bad. But not as good as others above him. Projected at this point as a mid 2C.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Dec. 12, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
Tony Ferguson Fan
Good to know that even tho you arent a Bruins fan you love Lane Hutson.

I agree that Lane hutson could become Boston's first line centre with Zacha out

Same with Lekkerimake
Caufield liked this.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Aaron_Dell_Pickle
Good to know that even tho you arent a Bruins fan you love Lane Hutson.

I agree that Lane hutson could become Boston's first line centre with Zacha out

Same with Lekkerimake

Analysis for Hutson: Proving scouts wrong and showing that size doesn't matter. Extremely talented offensive defenseman who can slide into a top 4 role with the Canadiens someday.

Analysis for Lekkerimaki: After a down year last season. If he didn't bounce back (so far) this season, he would not be inside the top 20.
Aaron_Dell_Pickle liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll