Forums/Armchair-GM

I Think Parayko Is Available

Created by: Ryno122
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 19, 2023
Published: Dec. 19, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Parayko was on the block last summer with teams wanting St Louis to retain salary. His deal is too long to retain on but perhaps St Louis would take some shorter term salary dumps in exchange?
Trades
TOR
  1. Parayko, Colton
Additional Details:
Zero retention
STL
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. Reaves, Ryan
  3. Samsonov, Ilya
  4. Timmins, Conor
  5. Villeneuve, William
  6. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Samsonov and Reaves are salary dumps. Value is in the 1st, Timmins, 2 prospects and clearing Parayko’s salary.
TOR
  1. Reimer, James ($750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Trade happens if Detroit falls out of the playoff race
DET
  1. 2024 5th round pick (CGY)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,106,450$0$0$393,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$750,000$750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Says the guy throwing blatant falsehoods out left and right... your seems-meter needs to go to the shop.

Again, I am not putting up Parayko as elite. That's not what's happening here. You don't even understand the analytics you're using as your sole source (still waiting to hear how many times you've actually seen him play hockey).

So you don't know anything about Parayko except analytic numbers, which you don't understand, but I'm the crazy talker on the moon. Mmmnokaythen. Good luck with all that.

Yeah, see, the “just watch him lul” argument doesn’t really hold as much weight as you think.

When you’re trying to insinuate that your singular eye test means more than actual numbers and statistics, you lost the plot. Don’t become a lawyer.

I’ll stick with the numbers, thanks buddy ol pal.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 4:57 p.m.
Parayko is absolutely available.
I'm not sure TOR has the assets, to put it mildly.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: badoob
Yeah, see, the “just watch him lul” argument doesn’t really hold as much weight as you think.

When you’re trying to insinuate that your singular eye test means more than actual numbers and statistics, you lost the plot. Don’t become a lawyer.

I’ll stick with the numbers, thanks buddy ol pal.

Except I am NOT trying to insinuate anything besides the FACT that solely looking at analytics tells you nothing (especially when you don't even understand what you're looking at, which you clearly do not).

AGAIN, I am not the one here desperately clinging to one fully subjective source of information. That's YOU, dude.

My argument that you need to watch a player to accurately judge a player holds ALL the water in this and all other dimensions and galaxies, past, present and future. OBVIOUSLY. Nobody ever said to ignore numbers. Just one more flailing straw man to throw on the pile.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: MidnightRyder
Parayko is absolutely available.
I'm not sure TOR has the assets, to put it mildly.

He's not. And I have no idea where you got that idea.

The second sentence, however, is spot on.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Except I am NOT trying to insinuate anything besides the FACT that solely looking at analytics tells you nothing (especially when you don't even understand what you're looking at, which you clearly do not).

AGAIN, I am not the one here desperately clinging to one fully subjective source of information. That's YOU, dude.

My argument that you need to watch a player to accurately judge a player holds ALL the water in this and all other dimensions and galaxies, past, present and future. OBVIOUSLY. Nobody ever said to ignore numbers. Just one more flailing straw man to throw on the pile.

The numbers indicate he’s producing significantly less 5v5 defense impact than he did when he was playing behind Pietro. And each year, it gets worse. His defensive xG has trended downwards as well. He hasn’t done ANYTHING since Pietro left (aside from a random few month stint two seasons ago you wont stop talking about) that suggests he’s all that good. Combine that with a contract that clearly will not age well.

your eye test still means nothing to me, as well as everyone else on this site. they’ve seem to recognize that Parayko is painfully average, you’re the one still clinging on.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:34 p.m.
mokumboi
The numbers indicate he’s producing significantly less 5v5 defense impact than he did when he was playing behind Pietro. He hasn’t done ANYTHING since Pietro left (aside from a random few month stint two seasons ago you wont stop talking about) that suggests he’s all that good.

your eye test still means nothing to me, as well as everyone else on this site. they’ve seem to recognize that Parayko is painfully average, you’re the one still clinging on.

In all your willfully clueless ramblings, you completely missed the fact that I have not once assigned any sort of tier level to Parayko. At all. You just build straw man after flailing straw man. You don't watch the player at all. You don't even understand the analytics you take as gospel. FFS you don't even understand what on-ice means, which is the pure basis of 99% of analytics. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad... nah, just joshin'. It's hella funny.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
In all your willfully clueless ramblings, you completely missed the fact that I have not once assigned any sort of tier level to Parayko. At all. You just build straw man after flailing straw man. You don't watch the player at all. You don't even understand the analytics you take as gospel. FFS you don't even understand what on-ice means, which is the pure basis of 99% of analytics. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad... nah, just joshin'. It's hella funny.

I understand how RAPM charts work. As well as every other public analytic model that craps on Parayko. Me calling him average is almost a compliment considering how much of a step back he’s taken with more ice time.

You have 0 evidence to rebuttal me, aside from personal jabs. Your only comeback to “x player isn’t that good” is “lul well do you watch him?” That’s it. Every time.

I’d rather take the statistics as gospel than to have a very bias Blues fan tell me to “just watch him”. What am I going to find if I watch him, more mediocrity? Must be why the Blues are struggling to get out of the bottom of the central.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
we miss leo k
Quoting: CoachCoach
Minor deal for this ACGM, but Detroit isn’t wasting a retention slot for that return when it could be better utilized for guys like Perron and Ghost.

Plus, Reimer has a 7-team NTC which means he either has all 7 Canadian teams ruled out, or he just wrote "Toronto" in seven different fonts - but either way I can't see him waiving to go be a Leaf again.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
mokumboi
I understand how RAPM charts work. As well as every other public analytic model that craps on Parayko. Me calling him average is almost a compliment considering how much of a step back he’s taken with more ice time.

You have 0 evidence to rebuttal me, aside from personal jabs. Your only comeback to “x player isn’t that good” is “lul well do you watch him?” That’s it. Every time.

I’d rather take the statistics as gospel than to have a very bias Blues fan tell me to “just watch him”. What am I going to find if I watch him, more mediocrity? Must be why the Blues are struggling to get out of the bottom of the central.

If you do not understand what "on-ice" means, you do not understand analytics. In the slightest. That's not a jab; that's basic rudimentary factual reality. And the fact that you persist here as if I am the one exhibiting bias is endlessly hilarious. You try to have a good one, man.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 8:12 p.m.
If you do not understand what "on-ice" means, you do not understand analytics. In the slightest. That's not a jab; that's basic rudimentary factual reality. And the fact that you persist here as if I am the one exhibiting bias is endlessly hilarious. You try to have a good one, man.

You tried to debunk RAPM charts as “on-ice” as if that doesn’t change that they are still individual charts lol. As if it changes any of Parayko’s mediocrity.

Next time somebody criticizes a Vegas player, i’ll make sure to ignore any statistics provided and just say “do you watch him?”
Dec. 19, 2023 at 8:50 p.m.
mokumboi
You tried to debunk RAPM charts as “on-ice” as if that doesn’t change that they are still individual charts lol.

OMG I so wish you understood how stunningly embarrassing this sentence is.

Bro... on-ice means the stays accrued while they are on the ice. With five other teammates. These are NOT individual stats. I cannot possibly dumb this down any more.

Get it or don't, we're done here. I feel like I'm Mike Tyson battering a baby squirrel. Feels icky.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
Edited Dec. 19, 2023 at 8:58 p.m.

Bro... on-ice means the stays accrued while they are on the ice. With five other teammates. These are NOT individual stats. I cannot possibly dumb this down any more.

Get it or don't, we're done here. I feel like I'm Mike Tyson battering a baby squirrel. Feels icky.

RAPM charts account for the players impact. Their xG produced offensively and defensively, etc etc. You’re choosing to toss it aside because “muhhh, the player has teammates!!11!!” Yeah, the model knows that.

Parayko is still average, and get off your high horse. I know how the charts work, you’re choosing to ignore them because they don’t fit your narrative.

If you don’t like RAPM charts, plenty of other public models don’t favour Parayko either. But let me guess, he played good in 2021 on a blue moon tuesday game?
Dec. 19, 2023 at 10:51 p.m.

RAPM charts account for the players impact. Their xG produced offensively and defensively, etc etc. You’re choosing to toss it aside because “muhhh, the player has teammates!!11!!” Yeah, the model knows that.

Parayko is still average, and get off your high horse. I know how the charts work, you’re choosing to ignore them because they don’t fit your narrative.

If you don’t like RAPM charts, plenty of other public models don’t favour Parayko either. But let me guess, he played good in 2021 on a blue moon tuesday game?

They use on-ice stats for raw data but the whole point of RAPM is to use that data and control for teammates (and a ton of other factors) to isolate an individual players impact

FLz3QO4.png
badoob liked this.
Dec. 19, 2023 at 10:53 p.m.
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
They use on-ice stats for raw data but the whole point of RAPM is to use that data and control for teammates (and a ton of other factors) to isolate an individual players impact

FLz3QO4.png

Tag him 3 more times please.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll