Forums/Armchair-GM

Paraykos value

Created by: GSGHARRIS
Team: 2023-24 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 13, 2024
Published: Jan. 13, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
There was a lot of talk about St. Louis moving Parayko's 6.5mil at the end of last season and into the summer. As a Sens fan, I have 3 puck movers in Chabot, Chych and Sanderson but we need a guy that can just clear the front of the net and end a cycle/good board work in the Dzone. I feel like Parayko fits that bill. Is the player/contract just a cap dump to you guys or the star player rookie+roster player+1st rounder. What's the expectation from you guys? Also, what's your thoughts on his play this year?
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$82,777,679$20,000$0$722,321
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,125,000$8,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$8,125,000$8,125,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$816,667$816,667
C
RFA - 1
$835,833$835,833
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 2
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$883,750$883,750
RD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 13 at 12:44 p.m.
Sam
I mean I don’t think he’s totally off limits, but it would need to expedite the Blues re-whatever tenfold. He’s been a total horse. Like if the Canucks wanted to give us Tom Willander and some other fun stuff… that could be a starter.
AC14, GSGHARRIS and PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 1:13 p.m.
mokumboi
As noted, one can generally never say never, but he's effectively not available. The same need you describe for the Sens is the one the Blues have. We need more Parayko, not less. And there is no replacement of any kind in the system right now.
AC14, GSGHARRIS and PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 1:49 p.m.
mokumboi
Oh, I forgot the other part of your query... he is arguably playing the best hockey of his career this season. And he is vital to the team, both now and moving forward. He's about the furthest thing from a cap dump.
GSGHARRIS and PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 1:50 p.m.
Would highly highly doubt the Front office moves him with the direction they're wanting to go, how he's been playing, and the difficulty of finding a replacement as our blue line was built around Colt being a horse to be successful.

We too suffer from the too many puck movers issue or at least did last year.
GSGHARRIS and PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 3:11 p.m.
Quoting: STLBlues17
I mean I don’t think he’s totally off limits, but it would need to expedite the Blues re-whatever tenfold. He’s been a total horse. Like if the Canucks wanted to give us Tom Willander and some other fun stuff… that could be a starter.

I figured it would have been too easy if it was just Bostons 2024 1st, JBD and whatever makes the cap work. The Sens don't have a blue chip RHD prospect like Willander.

Sounds like his play has cleared up all that trade chatter.
PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: AC14
Would highly highly doubt the Front office moves him with the direction they're wanting to go, how he's been playing, and the difficulty of finding a replacement as our blue line was built around Colt being a horse to be successful.

We too suffer from the too many puck movers issue or at least did last year.

Yeah, I can see the monster minutes he's playing each game. The same way Chabot was being used for us last year. I'd just love to see the two of them together. We don't need a young guy trying to figure out the league. A 600 game giant, to just kill opposing plays is what we need with my big 3 LHD guys.
Jan. 13 at 3:17 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: GSGHARRIS
Yeah, I can see the monster minutes he's playing each game. The same way Chabot was being used for us last year. I'd just love to see the two of them together. We don't need a young guy trying to figure out the league. A 600 game giant, to just kill opposing plays is what we need with my big 3 LHD guys.

I mean I think it makes the most sense for both team and player to trade him. He’s such a zero on offense that he isn’t exactly helping us win, but he’s so good defensively that he would be an amazing piece on a team where others can pick up the slack. Plus I don’t imagine he’ll be any good by the time the blues are in a contention window. He’s worth a lot though, like a Parayko trade would need to be so good that it takes a year off of this rebuild.
PuckShmuck87 liked this.
Jan. 13 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: GSGHARRIS

A lot of the reason why I’d imagine if Chabot became available I think the Blues would Pursue. It’s just hard for us to move salary at the moment. Everyone is wrapped up into a NTC and most of the underperformed last year.
Jan. 14 at 5:44 p.m.
I mean I think it makes the most sense for both team and player to trade him. He’s such a zero on offense that he isn’t exactly helping us win, but he’s so good defensively that he would be an amazing piece on a team where others can pick up the slack. Plus I don’t imagine he’ll be any good by the time the blues are in a contention window. He’s worth a lot though, like a Parayko trade would need to be so good that it takes a year off of this rebuild.

Hopefully, 55 remains solid through the Blue's rebuild, but I would not be opposed to moving him for younger prospects. On the other hand, I don't see him waiving his NTC.
STLBlues17 and GSGHARRIS liked this.
Jan. 14 at 6:08 p.m.
Banned
He's been in trade rumours in the past with so much money tied up on the back end in STL.

Last I heard, with his full NTC, is that he wont go anywhere outside of his hometown in Edmonton if given the option of a trade. Ottawa, certainly, isnt an option for him.
GSGHARRIS liked this.
Jan. 14 at 7:33 p.m.
mokumboi
Edited Jan. 14 at 8:01 p.m.

Wait... Parayko is a zero on offense? Huh? He's our best transition, zone entry and Ozone keep-in Dman, and is tied fir second in the league among Dmen in 5v5 goals. Now, finally, they put him on the PP, and immediately his unit scores in consecutive games. Last season, he had the same amount of even strength points as Morgan Rielly. The real issue is out coaches keep making him play against top lines with our 3rd and 4th line forwards.

And this notion that he won't be good anymore when we're capable of competing... I just don't get this pessimist view of everything, like it will take five years to do anything. If you switched Krug out for even just a do no harm J-Bo type, we'd probably be up around Dallas right now. From one change. I mean, where was Vancouver last season?

I know us Blues fans are conditioned to accept the worst, it's just all so fatalistic. But fine... you think we should trade Colt now. So where and for what? And don't forget his NTC, otherwise known as the secondary logo of the Blues.

Long story short, we're not intentionally tanking the entirety of Thomas and Kyrou's prime, man. We're gonna do what we always do, try to get and be competitive.
GSGHARRIS liked this.
Jan. 15 at 12:26 a.m.
Sam
Quoting: mokumboi
Wait... Parayko is a zero on offense? Huh? He's our best transition, zone entry and Ozone keep-in Dman, and is tied fir second in the league among Dmen in 5v5 goals. Now, finally, they put him on the PP, and immediately his unit scores in consecutive games. Last season, he had the same amount of even strength points as Morgan Rielly. The real issue is out coaches keep making him play against top lines with our 3rd and 4th line forwards.

And this notion that he won't be good anymore when we're capable of competing... I just don't get this pessimist view of everything, like it will take five years to do anything. If you switched Krug out for even just a do no harm J-Bo type, we'd probably be up around Dallas right now. From one change. I mean, where was Vancouver last season?

I know us Blues fans are conditioned to accept the worst, it's just all so fatalistic. But fine... you think we should trade Colt now. So where and for what? And don't forget his NTC, otherwise known as the secondary logo of the Blues.

Long story short, we're not intentionally tanking the entirety of Thomas and Kyrou's prime, man. We're gonna do what we always do, try to get and be competitive.

I mean the team scores about 2 goals/60 with him at 5v5 (that’s really really low.) I love the guy, but he sure isn’t helping them score goals. I’m cool with keeping him, but if someone really wants to speed up our rebuild… I’m all ears.
Jan. 15 at 11:54 a.m.
mokumboi
I mean the team scores about 2 goals/60 with him at 5v5 (that’s really really low.) I love the guy, but he sure isn’t helping them score goals. I’m cool with keeping him, but if someone really wants to speed up our rebuild… I’m all ears.

He's out there with the 4th line half the time, dude. Against top lines. How is that his fault? Most of what they do generate is thanks to him. And again, he's literally tied for second in the league among Dmen for 5v5 goals... not sure how someone with zero offense does such things.

And we are not in a teardown rebuild. We all know this. We are not pissing away all of Thomas and Kyrou's prime. Because that would be fantastically dumb. And frankly, if we did a teardown, our fanbase would not handle it well at all.
Jan. 15 at 12:45 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: mokumboi
He's out there with the 4th line half the time, dude. Against top lines. How is that his fault? Most of what they do generate is thanks to him. And again, he's literally tied for second in the league among Dmen for 5v5 goals... not sure how someone with zero offense does such things.

And we are not in a teardown rebuild. We all know this. We are not pissing away all of Thomas and Kyrou's prime. Because that would be fantastically dumb. And frankly, if we did a teardown, our fanbase would not handle it well at all.

We barely play our 4th line so that’s false. I’m virtually certain his most common teammate (besides leddy) is Thomas. Fwiw he is a bit overextended and I bet would be more effective offensively if he didn’t have to play so many minutes. Extremely valuable defenseman? Sure. Bonafide number 1 who can tilt the ice every night who I want here until he’s 38… I don’t know.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll