Hakuna Matata
Once again their inability to get the puck out of their zone kills em

Thats on Keefe. He says got to do ABC but his team aint doing em lul

"Got to get out cleanly" he said during his pressor

Keefe bud

Your team aint doing that lul
Jan. 18 at 9:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Like how many failed stretch passes this team gonna attempt leading to icings and trapped in their own zone and this has not been a 1 game thing.

Keefe system seems to be out these guys ears or hes saying do it lul

As man CGY just be trapping them while we go in their zone then immediately get thrown out lul
Jan. 18 at 9:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
How many goals Gio gonna tip in his own net lul
Jan. 18 at 9:39 p.m.
Sadness
ARE YOU JOKING RN
Jan. 18 at 9:41 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
What's this current core's record after dropping 5 straight?
Jan. 18 at 9:43 p.m.
Sadness
MATTHEWS THANK YOU
Jan. 18 at 9:43 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98
What's this current core's record after dropping 5 straight?

A coach fired but it took 6 games
Jan. 18 at 9:44 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Look, Im not a huge fan of Keefe (not a huge hater either), but pegging the blame on him is ridiculous. This team just straight up sucks lmfao. It reminds me a ton of the 2017-18 Avs. Great bunch of guys, they just suck for some reason.

Need to sort out the goaltending and identity. A big trade would assist in that big time, but we aren't doing anything of that sort. Take a page out of the Raptors book and do what is best for the team
Jan. 18 at 9:45 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
A coach fired but it took 6 games

This is getting ugly
Jan. 18 at 9:46 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Look, Im not a huge fan of Keefe (not a huge hater either), but pegging the blame on him is ridiculous. This team just straight up sucks lmfao. It reminds me a ton of the 2017-18 Avs. Great bunch of guys, they just suck for some reason.

Need to sort out the goaltending and identity. A big trade would assist in that big time, but we aren't doing anything of that sort. Take a page out of the Raptors book and do what is best for the team

This team lacks identity... It seems like this team is good but not great at everything
Jan. 18 at 9:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
But yea one line cant be the only one going

Holmberg-Matthews-Marner only line looking relatively good

The Dcore is not a threat in terms of providing offense or holding the zone

And the other 3 lines either get trapped or rarely put pressure in CGY zone

JT and Nylander especially crickets so far
Jan. 18 at 9:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 18 at 9:53 p.m.
This team lacks identity... It seems like this team is good but not great at everything

I think it just lacks a system thats working especially for the new guys

How many stretch passes we gonna attempt lul

Also dont seem to have the ability to wake up Willy and JT as so far they been just BAD.

PK has also been an issue as Gio and Brodie really seem to have taken a step back yet we keep playing em either to much or to high lul

I think teams have just figured out Keefe's system and he seems to have run out of options. Might be time for a new guy with new ideas

Look at EDM
Jan. 18 at 9:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Gio should honestly be sat out of games

Tell me what he has done to stay in over Lagesson recently.

Lagesson-Benoit was a nice third pair for us use em

Drop Brodie promote Liligren and just role with that till the TDL

Rielly-Liligren
McCabe-Brodie
Lagesson-Benoit

And is it bad for us to rest a 40 year old?
Jan. 18 at 9:54 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I think it just lacks a system thats working especially for the new guys

How many stretch passes we gonna attempt lul

Also dont seem to have the ability to wake up Willy and JT as so far they been just BAD.

PK has also been an issue as Gio and Brodie really seem to have taken a step back yet we keep playing em either to much or to high lul

I think teams have just figured out Keefe's system and he seems to have run out of options. Might be time for a new guy with new ideas

Look at EDM

Ok, then answer this: What is this team's identity... And before you say; 4 guys doing everything, that's not true... As a 20 man unit, what do the other teams focus on with this team?
Jan. 18 at 9:58 p.m.
This team did not get better in any tangible aspect of the game. Unacceptable offseason from Tre.

As far as a coaching change goes… I think Keefe is a good coach. I also understand every coach has a shelf life, and I’m starting to think this group may be tired of playing for him. But frankly, I don’t think the team or Treliving deserve the benefit of a new guy.
Jan. 18 at 10:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 18 at 10:07 p.m.
Ok, then answer this: What is this team's identity... And before you say; 4 guys doing everything, that's not true... As a 20 man unit, what do the other teams focus on with this team?

Toronto Maple Leafs identity is me is more so "flashes" thats them rn.

These flashes show an identity of a team that can score, play strong defense, and is not afraid to stick up for eachother and help their goalie

Like 2 weeks ago LAK game 3-0 played one of if no the best game of the season

Heck last Saturday vs. the Avs that first period was them dominating a team that had MacKinnon on it

The issue comes later with adjustment and consistency. Keefe and the team seem to fold when adjustments hit em. Chris Versteeg put it pretty well "maybe Keefe's system" is why many guys are underperforming. Maybe they were not made for it

Bertuzzi played solid in BOS, comes here meh, Domi looked great in CHI, comes here flashes. Gregor idk how he still in the lineup rn Keefe likes him but thats another thing lul.

As clearly Brad has a vision of what he wants this team to be like but it does not fit Keefe's current system. Either adjust or he has to find someone that can

Cause the goalies have given them a chance to win recently, its just defensive executions and forward setups especially defensively that have come into question

While I dont like or always agree with Button hes not entirely wrong.
Jan. 18 at 10:06 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
So any ideas for younger guys (who can play today) we should sell the periphery off for?

I am not convinced we can buy
Jan. 18 at 10:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 18 at 10:17 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
So any ideas for younger guys (who can play today) we should sell the periphery off for?

I dont see them selling more so doing what Van or OTT did

They traded for Hronek and Chycrun and just chilled

I would honestly explore Chycrun. He has term, would add another threat to this team's blue line, and can move the puck

As even if we move our 1st meh we get a guy on a nice contract for another year who we can then extend 2025-2026
Jan. 18 at 10:11 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Now theres the Leafs playing to their strengths. Good puck movement and sustained pressure. So infuriating that this team has all the right pieces up front, but only a few click.
Jan. 18 at 10:12 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Toronto Maple Leafs identity is me is more so "flashes" thats them rn.

These flashes show an identity of a team that can score, play strong defense, and is not afraid to stick up for eachother and help their goalie

Like 2 weeks ago LAK game 3-0 played one of if no the best game of the season

Heck last Saturday vs. the Avs that first period was them dominating a team that had MacKinnon on it

The issue comes later with adjustment and consistency. Keefe and the team seem to fold when adjustments hit em. Chris Versteeg put it pretty well "maybe Keefe's system" is why many guys are underperforming. Maybe they were not made for it

Bertuzzi played solid in BOS, comes here meh, Domi looked great in CHI, comes here flashes. Gregor idk how he still in the lineup rn Keefe likes him but thats another thing lul.

As clearly Brad has a vision of what he wants this team to be like but it does not fit Keefe's current system. Either adjust or he has to find someone that can

Cause the goalies have given them a chance to win recently, its just defensive executions and forward setups especially defensively that have come into question

While I dont like or always agree with Button hes not entirely wrong.

That's not in identity though... How do the Leafs win games? They aren't grinds enough to do that, they aren't always the most skilled or defensively sound team...
Jan. 18 at 10:12 p.m.

I'm more partial to draft picks. I have doubts that anyone we sell is going to bring back young guys who are all that more impactful than the young guys we have and aren't giving opportunities. If I'm wrong then great, but without knowing what's out there I'd rather have the universal currency.
Jan. 18 at 10:13 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I like the idea of doing a prospect swap. I'm really interested in adding a guy like Helleson for next season. Just ride out this roster for now and figure out what to do in the offseason
Jan. 18 at 10:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
That's not in identity though... How do the Leafs win games? They aren't grinds enough to do that, they aren't always the most skilled or defensively sound team...

When we watch TOR win games this year its been done in every way but its never consistent how they want to win

We saw the 6-5 wins

The shutout grind wins

The 2-1 slugfest

Thats why i say flashes they have never been consistent in how they want to win
Jan. 18 at 10:16 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I'm more partial to draft picks. I have doubts that anyone we sell is going to bring back young guys who are all that more impactful than the young guys we have and aren't giving opportunities. If I'm wrong then great, but without knowing what's out there I'd rather have the universal currency.

Not at all interested in draft picks. We are still trying to win, just going for a 2 year deal rather than an all in move

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll