128Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Jan. 22 at 8:31 p.m.
Joe
Someone doesn't like Danielson
Jan. 22 at 8:58 p.m.
Hnswe0345
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER

He’s barely a PPG, he’s definitely had one of the worst years out of all of the first rounders
Kyle_Okposo_Lover liked this.
Jan. 22 at 11:03 p.m.
mokumboi
Whose final rankings are these?
Jan. 23 at 12:18 a.m.
DougieWilsonNOT
Perrault and Smith on the sharks would be nasty
Jan. 23 at 6:43 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: Mhpatb03
He’s barely a PPG, he’s definitely had one of the worst years out of all of the first rounders

Thank you for your boxscore analysis. Too bad I can just ignore it considering he was phenomenal at WJC and is absolutely phenomenal defensively.

Dude, I've been arguing with two boxscore analysts today. It's crazy.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 3:35 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks

Danielson sucks. What is he good at I just dont get it. People only say he is good because people say he is

Defensively, I dont see it. He isnt the best player on the ice, he doesnt do anything special that stands out to me. His skating and stick are above average but nothing special.

He had a good WJC but I am not gonna take a 5 game sample size as gospel, plus it wasnt really that good. He was solid defensively and made some good plays in his own zone but again, he wasnt really that special in my opinion. And he doesnt drive play or dominate like he is supposed to. Could he develop a lot? Sure. But to me he is far from safe and is a polarizing prospect
Jan. 23 at 4:03 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
Danielson sucks. What is he good at I just dont get it. People only say he is good because people say he is

Defensively, I dont see it. He isnt the best player on the ice, he doesnt do anything special that stands out to me. His skating and stick are above average but nothing special.

He had a good WJC but I am not gonna take a 5 game sample size as gospel, plus it wasnt really that good. He was solid defensively and made some good plays in his own zone but again, he wasnt really that special in my opinion. And he doesnt drive play or dominate like he is supposed to. Could he develop a lot? Sure. But to me he is far from safe and is a polarizing prospect

Whole lotta waffling for me to not read. I've enjoyed seeing him be one of the best players on the ice as Portland's 1C.
Jan. 23 at 4:09 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Whole lotta waffling for me to not read. I've enjoyed seeing him be one of the best players on the ice as Portland's 1C.

Hes played 3 games for them lmfao also its 5 lines but okay.

Glad youre enjoying it, your a WIngs fan id hope so. But this is textbook Endowment Effect (not like id expect you to know that)

I watch Ruslan Iskhakov and think hes the left handed version of Mat Barzal. However, he obviously is not. I am just a bias Islanders fan, but I can admit that! I promise you if you watched him with a 100% neutral opinion youd better assess his capabilities!

Have a good day, mate
Jan. 23 at 4:19 p.m.
Joe
Edited Jan. 23 at 4:45 p.m.
Hes played 3 games for them lmfao also its 5 lines but okay.

Glad youre enjoying it, your a WIngs fan id hope so. But this is textbook Endowment Effect (not like id expect you to know that)

I watch Ruslan Iskhakov and think hes the left handed version of Mat Barzal. However, he obviously is not. I am just a bias Islanders fan, but I can admit that! I promise you if you watched him with a 100% neutral opinion youd better assess his capabilities!

Have a good day, mate

Three games, yet he's been phenomenal. I understand his box scores have been subpar (which most analysts criticism comes from), but advanced stats from WJC (and eye test) state that he was phenomenal offensively and decent-to-good offensively. I'm not going to say he's the next coming of McDavid; his shot is awful and he doesn't know how to use his good skating ability. It's certainly harder to pay attention to his defensively capabilities since more often than not it's chalked up to an offensive mistake to the viewer, and it's less highlight worthy.

I understand he is a very polarizing prospect, and admittedly I'd prefer other prospects that were available, but to say that "he sucks" is just a pitiful way of saying you only pay attention to the G/A/P column, and a great way for me to just ignore your analysis.

Now I'm not saying he's a lock at 1C, or even at 2C, but I certainly think he could be. However I understand that that Brandon Wheat Kings sucked, and I mean sucked. I certainly expect him to look better in most people's analysis points (goals and assists) on a good team.
Jan. 23 at 4:30 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Three games, yet he's been phenomenal. I understand his box scores have been subpar (which most analysts criticism comes from), but advanced stats from WJC (and eye test) state that he was phenomenal offensively and decent-to-good offensively. I'm not going to say he's the next coming of McDavid; his shot is awful and he doesn't know how to use his good skating ability. It's certainly harder to pay attention to his defensively capabilities since more often than not it's chalked up to an offensive mistake to the viewer, and it's less highlight worthy.

I understand he is a very polarizing prospect, and admittedly I'd prefer other prospects that were available, but to say that "he sucks" is just a pitiful way of saying you only pay attention to the G/A/P column, and a great way for me to just ignore your analysis.

Now I'm not saying he's a lock at 1C, or even at 2C, but I certainly think he could be.

Of course anyone could be, and sucks was too harsh. But to ignore his draft position and view him as anything more than a long shot to be a top six center one day, even middle six, is just a poor assesment
Jan. 23 at 4:34 p.m.
Joe
Of course anyone could be, and sucks was too harsh. But to ignore his draft position and view him as anything more than a long shot to be a top six center one day, even middle six, is just a poor assesment

To think that he's a longshot to be a middle-6 is absurd lol. I think that's the end of any discussion to be had.
Jan. 23 at 5:08 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
To think that he's a longshot to be a middle-6 is absurd lol. I think that's the end of any discussion to be had.

Thats not what I said. I said long shot to be top 6, even middle six, showing I highly doubted hed be a top 6 center one day and was skeptical of his ability to even become middle six, not saying its a long shot.

I project him as a future third liner that plays PK. As an Islanders fan I view him as being casey cizikas in his prime, a really solid bottom sixer thatll score close to 20 goals a season. Thats still solid, but for someone picked where he was, thatll suck (in my opinion), and someone like that is a long shot to be a top 6 forward.
Jan. 23 at 5:11 p.m.
Joe
Thats not what I said. I said long shot to be top 6, even middle six, showing I highly doubted hed be a top 6 center one day and was skeptical of his ability to even become middle six, not saying its a long shot.

I project him as a future third liner that plays PK. As an Islanders fan I view him as being casey cizikas in his prime, a really solid bottom sixer thatll score close to 20 goals a season. Thats still solid, but for someone picked where he was, thatll suck (in my opinion), and someone like that is a long shot to be a top 6 forward.

Meh. I certainly think that his offensive stats have hindered as a result of his surroundings. That Brandon team was literal rank. Not that it's *good*, but it's certainly not as bad as one may infer from box stats.
Kyle_Okposo_Lover liked this.
Jan. 23 at 5:34 p.m.
I do think EVERY one slept on Cagnioni because of his height, but kid plays tough and is stout (seen him hit 6’3” guys and isn’t pushed around in his zone! The plus 30 isn’t because he is so amazing on Offense it’s because he’s a two way guy and I think he has an NHL future despite his 5’9” height

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll