SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Next Year

Team: 2024-25 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 31, 2024
Published: Jan. 31, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This would be my attack at a potential offseason for the flushed with cash bruins this offseason. Resign your clear future #1 while trading Ullmark to a team who needs one (Carolina, Los Angeles, etc.) Lysell gets a spot in the top 9, get a asset for Geekie, sign a 2 way #1 who with weapons can be fantastic, and bring home the man Sweeney has been trying to get since 2015.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$6,500,000
2$1,100,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,800,000
7$7,750,000
7$6,750,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,100,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (CAR)
BOS
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,500,000$84,529,167$50,000$542,500$2,970,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C, RW
UFA
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$4,800,000$4,800,000
RW, LW
UFA
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW
RFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
G
RFA
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31 at 6:42 p.m.
Bcarlo25
1. would love an explanation as to why you would trade geekie. he's been awesome. contract is awesome. just doesn't make any sense
2. 20 man rosters aren't a thing
3. debrusk gets significantly more.
4. Heinen gets more
5. wheres wotherspoon?
6. why not bussi?
Jan. 31 at 6:59 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
1. would love an explanation as to why you would trade geekie. he's been awesome. contract is awesome. just doesn't make any sense
2. 20 man rosters aren't a thing
3. debrusk gets significantly more.
4. Heinen gets more
5. wheres wotherspoon?
6. why not bussi?

1. Geekie was someone I thought about not moving because he has been so great. But if the Bruins do sign a top 6 player in the offseason and don't plan on trading Lysell then someone is the odd man out. And Geekie makes the most sense for me because he has such a movable cap and he will be able to get the team a solid pick while making room for Lysell.

2. I know that lol that's why I left 3 million in cap space for whoever they see fit for depth (Wotherspoon, Zboril, Steen, Whoever...)

3. I highly doubt it, he's on pace for less than 50 points and he's not getting 6 million + on the market for fringe top 6 winger that has had consistency issues his whole career. That's fair value for both sides.

4. He definitely could but even after the best year of his career his contract was 1.1. So I do agree he should get more but his history tells me it wont be to far off. But I agree

5. Definitely could see Wotherspoon become a regular but if the Bruins do make Lohrei a consistent top 6 d man then potentially a more experienced d man may be a good option (like Shattenkirk this year)

6. DiPietro has been great in Providence and better then Bussi this year. Plain and simple, I'd give the job to whosever hot and right now it's Mikey.
Jan. 31 at 7:00 p.m.
Pop Pop
Look what tippet just got I think debrusk get paid, I think someone will overpay hanifin and that won't be enough. Sign a better backup goalie too.
Jan. 31 at 7:02 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: IloveLinusUllmark123
1. Geekie was someone I thought about not moving because he has been so great. But if the Bruins do sign a top 6 player in the offseason and don't plan on trading Lysell then someone is the odd man out. And Geekie makes the most sense for me because he has such a movable cap and he will be able to get the team a solid pick while making room for Lysell.

2. I know that lol that's why I left 3 million in cap space for whoever they see fit for depth (Wotherspoon, Zboril, Steen, Whoever...)

3. I highly doubt it, he's on pace for less than 50 points and he's not getting 6 million + on the market for fringe top 6 winger that has had consistency issues his whole career. That's fair value for both sides.

4. He definitely could but even after the best year of his career his contract was 1.1. So I do agree he should get more but his history tells me it wont be to far off. But I agree

5. Definitely could see Wotherspoon become a regular but if the Bruins do make Lohrei a consistent top 6 d man then potentially a more experienced d man may be a good option (like Shattenkirk this year)

6. DiPietro has been great in Providence and better then Bussi this year. Plain and simple, I'd give the job to whosever hot and right now it's Mikey.

1/2/5. soooo use that $3M to fill out the roster with guys like, oh, i don't know, morgan geekie and wotherspoon?
3. doubt away. it's just a, "no, duh." situation. it's what the NHL market is. he had a slow start, avoid the recency bias. 6x6 is probably low end of market value for him.
4. generally speaking when a guy signs a one year, "prove it," contract, and then they go out and prove it, they get a raise. If you think the entire league will see what he's done in boston, and not view him as worthy of more than $1.1M, i don't know what to tell you.
6. just not sure what you're watching. the team certainly feels differently. it's bussi in a landslide.
Jan. 31 at 7:12 p.m.
1/2/5. soooo use that $3M to fill out the roster with guys like, oh, i don't know, morgan geekie and wotherspoon?
3. doubt away. it's just a, "no, duh." situation. it's what the NHL market is. he had a slow start, avoid the recency bias. 6x6 is probably low end of market value for him.
4. generally speaking when a guy signs a one year, "prove it," contract, and then they go out and prove it, they get a raise. If you think the entire league will see what he's done in boston, and not view him as worthy of more than $1.1M, i don't know what to tell you.
6. just not sure what you're watching. the team certainly feels differently. it's bussi in a landslide.

so have geekie rot on the fourth line while guys like Beecher and lauko rot in AHL? yeah Highly doubt that happens lol

he will NOT get 6x6, he will be lucky to get 5+. I get we love are guys but he's no where near a player worth 6+ lol and he wont get it.

He's been on prove it contracts since his previous days in Boston. Even after his great year with the Pens in 21-22 he still got a prove it deal.

Definitely not a landslide. Don't watch much Providence but the Stats back up DiPietro for this year. Its most Definitely not Bussi's position to lose lol.
Jan. 31 at 7:18 p.m.
Bcarlo25
so have geekie rot on the fourth line while guys like Beecher and lauko rot in AHL? yeah Highly doubt that happens lol

he will NOT get 6x6, he will be lucky to get 5+. I get we love are guys but he's no where near a player worth 6+ lol and he wont get it.

He's been on prove it contracts since his previous days in Boston. Even after his great year with the Pens in 21-22 he still got a prove it deal.

Definitely not a landslide. Don't watch much Providence but the Stats back up DiPietro for this year. Its most Definitely not Bussi's position to lose lol.

oh he won't? can your crystal ball tell us the lottery numbers too?

you have no clue. everything suggests 6x6 is fair market, despite what you think he will NOT, get. FYI, all caps don't help your argument if it's a bad one. You might not like his streakiness, but he's likely to get paid. New to NHL free agency?
Jan. 31 at 7:22 p.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
Look what tippet just got I think Debrusk get paid, I think someone will overpay Hanifin and that won't be enough. Sign a better backup goalie too.

Tippet's having a great contract year, Debrusk is having a ok one. He will get paid but not much more then this.

I'm betting on Hanifin signing a hometown discount. But yes I agree he likely does get more on the open market

Don't need a star backup, if Sway wants big money it comes with responsibilities. Like playing 55-70 games a year. Just need a solid guy and DiPietro and Bussi look like either can fill that void.
Jan. 31 at 7:24 p.m.
Canes decline, with Freddie cleared no room for another goalie. Certainly not at that price. Very rare goalies return that
Jan. 31 at 7:27 p.m.
oh he won't? can your crystal ball tell us the lottery numbers too?

you have no clue. everything suggests 6x6 is fair market, despite what you think he will NOT, get. FYI, all caps don't help your argument if it's a bad one. You might not like his streakiness, but he's likely to get paid. New to NHL free agency?

The market tells me I'm closer to being right then you are. No player in Debrusk's situation has gotten 6+. Also streakiness proves my point pal. Especially in a contract year. My argument is using logic and reasoning while yours is just "he's gonna get paid." your right he will, but not the non logical numbers your proposing lmaoo
Jan. 31 at 7:37 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
Canes decline, with Freddie cleared no room for another goalie. Certainly not at that price. Very rare goalies return that

Fair enough, but not every goalie is a Vezina winner. He'll fetch a 1st, maybe not from Carolina.
Jan. 31 at 7:40 p.m.
Fair enough, but not every goalie is a Vezina winner. He'll fetch a 1st, maybe not from Carolina.

I'm not sure he'll fetch a 1st, it takes teams that are DESPERATE for a goalie to get a 1st. Darcy Kuemper was the last one to do it, and he went on to win the cup.
Jan. 31 at 7:44 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
I'm not sure he'll fetch a 1st, it takes teams that are DESPERATE for a goalie to get a 1st. Darcy Kuemper was the last one to do it, and he went on to win the cup.

Agreed, and Elliott Friedman said teams will be lining up July 1st for a goaltender. and if a team misses out, One of the best goalies in the league for a 1st and maybe one more small asset is not a crazy ask. As a matter of fact the Bruins almost had a first round pick last draft because Ullmark was close to being dealt.
Jan. 31 at 7:47 p.m.
Bcarlo25
The market tells me I'm closer to being right then you are. No player in Debrusk's situation has gotten 6+. Also streakiness proves my point pal. Especially in a contract year. My argument is using logic and reasoning while yours is just "he's gonna get paid." your right he will, but not the non logical numbers your proposing lmaoo

you can lmaoooo all you'd like, it doesn't change reality.
Lets keep it bruins oriented for now - taylor hall's deal was viewed as a steal. his two seasons prior to signing for $6M per were worse than Debrusks last couple years. Pretty streaky guy. Injury prone. got $6M at an older age.

Killorn had slightly more production, but was way older and got north of $6M.
Mats Zuccarelo had pretty similar production, was also much older, and got $6M coming off a significant injury.
WIlliam Karlsson signed a monster extension coming off a pretty Debrusk like season.

We could go on and on, but $6M per season when its all said and done and new contracts are handed out will probably land Debrusk somewhere around the 100th highest paid forward in the league, and at this point in his career, that's around where he belongs.
Jan. 31 at 8:14 p.m.
Hall (was a monster when he first got to boston + he's a former hart winner)
Killorn (They payed for a 2 time cup winner that at the time was a lock for 50-65 points a year)
Zuccarelo (Always consistently near a point per game while not having a extensive injury history)
Karlsson (Won a cup and had 17 points in 22 playoff points)

Horrible comparisons.

Domi, Bunting, Klingberg... All players that played great situationally and didn't get PAYED.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll