ALLvIN

Created by: AusCanuck
Team: 2023-24 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 6, 2024
Published: Feb. 6, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I do not condone this approach.

Soucy stays on LTIR until playoffs due to an ingrown hair.
Trades
STL
  1. Mikheyev, Ilya
  2. Podkolzin, Vasily
  3. 2025 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Top 10 Protected
VAN
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Friedman, Mark
  2. 2024 6th round pick (SJS)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
MIN
  1. 2024 4th round pick (NJD)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$79,080,417$850,000$0$4,419,583
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RW
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$883,750$883,750
C
RFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
-$1,125,000-$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 6 at 12:51 a.m.
STL will hang up and walk away.
Pat Maroon to VCR doesn't make sense.
The CGY trade would work.
Feb. 6 at 12:52 a.m.
AusCanuck
Quoting: Vancity2196
STL will hang up and walk away.
Pat Maroon to VCR doesn't make sense.
The CGY trade would work.

I originally had Lekkerimaki instead of Podkolzin but couldn't bring myself to do it
Feb. 6 at 12:54 a.m.
Quoting: AusCanuck
I originally had Lekkerimaki instead of Podkolzin but couldn't bring myself to do it

I remember when VCR did the trade to acquire Lindholm, they mentioned that they didn't want to trade Willander, Lekkerimaki, D-Petey, Podkolzin, Bains, Hoglander, Klimovich, etc.
Feb. 6 at 12:57 a.m.
AusCanuck
I remember when VCR did the trade to acquire Lindholm, they mentioned that they didn't want to trade Willander, Lekkerimaki, D-Petey, Podkolzin, Bains, Hoglander, Klimovich, etc.

I think Lekkerimaki and Willander are probably the only 'untouchables' but Buchnevich still has term left on a value contract
Feb. 6 at 12:58 a.m.
I think Lekkerimaki and Willander are probably the only 'untouchables' but Buchnevich still has term left on a value contract

He could be "Kuzmenko's replacement," if Lindholm doesn't buy into Tocchet's system.
Feb. 6 at 1:09 a.m.
mokumboi
Yeeeah, that's not gonna land. I think your big forward splurge has been done already.
Feb. 6 at 1:16 a.m.
No thanks.
mokumboi liked this.
Feb. 6 at 1:48 a.m.
AusCanuck
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeeeah, that's not gonna land. I think your big forward splurge has been done already.

Quoting: AC14
No thanks.

Actually interested in the Blues fan perspective if it was Lekkerimaki instead of Podkolzin? Maybe throw in a 4th or something for Sundqvist
Feb. 6 at 1:57 a.m.
He could be "Kuzmenko's replacement," if Lindholm doesn't buy into Tocchet's system.

Lindholm is a 200 ft player, former Selke nominee who is known for his strong play away from the puck. He doesn’t need to buy in. He plays the system already.
Feb. 6 at 1:58 a.m.
I think Canucks are done in terms of upgrading their forward group. They will look to add a RD. Feel like they would need to add a B prospect to go with Friedman and the 2nd if Flames retain given other interested teams.
mokumboi liked this.
Feb. 6 at 2:05 a.m.
mokumboi
Actually interested in the Blues fan perspective if it was Lekkerimaki instead of Podkolzin? Maybe throw in a 4th or something for Sundqvist

Pretty sure the Blues would prefer Willander to Lekky. As for Sunny, he's presumably not going anywhere unless he asks to. I'm a little surprised he hasn't extended yet, but Army is just keeping all possible arrows in his quiver in case something big comes up. Like, say, Willander.

But yeah, a deferred and protected pick with a middle 6 winger and another winger getting to the point where folks start wondering if the B word is apropos - somebody tops that if he's available. Which he seems not to be at this moment.
AusCanuck liked this.
Feb. 6 at 2:12 a.m.

My perspective is I wouldn’t put any value to Mikheyev, would be fine with salary coming back. His term is a little longer and he is at least a useful player, but nonetheless he doesn’t fit anything the Blues would be trying to accomplish in trading Buchnevich.

As for Lekkerimaki, it would be closer, but it still doesn’t fit a large organizational need. He’s a good prospect but his skill set is pretty similar to Snuggerud/Dvorsky as being a good PP one timer option.

Willander checks a lot of boxes for what the Blues need in their system. Personally I don’t care too much that the pick is deferred but it is certainly not preferred as it sets a timeline back further.

Podkolzin to me is a salvage project similar to Broberg from Edmonton. Blues are in a position to do something like that. But I wouldn’t put his value much above a 3rd if it were 1-1 him for a pick.

I’m personally not moving Buchnevich unless it fits an organizational need. Which is a good defensive prospect. He works really well here and works better with Thomas than Kyrou does. The Blues also don’t need to be in a rush to move him as they could very easily ask for a package similar to what you have put together next trade deadline. Our front office is not going to tank, right or wrong in one’s opinion. But they don’t want to become Buffalo and want to create a good culture for the youth wave that’s about to come up on forward and with Lindstein on the back end.
AusCanuck liked this.
Feb. 6 at 2:24 a.m.
My perspective is I wouldn’t put any value to Mikheyev, would be fine with salary coming back. His term is a little longer and he is at least a useful player, but nonetheless he doesn’t fit anything the Blues would be trying to accomplish in trading Buchnevich.

As for Lekkerimaki, it would be closer, but it still doesn’t fit a large organizational need. He’s a good prospect but his skill set is pretty similar to Snuggerud/Dvorsky as being a good PP one timer option.

Willander checks a lot of boxes for what the Blues need in their system. Personally I don’t care too much that the pick is deferred but it is certainly not preferred as it sets a timeline back further.

Podkolzin to me is a salvage project similar to Broberg from Edmonton. Blues are in a position to do something like that. But I wouldn’t put his value much above a 3rd if it were 1-1 him for a pick.

I’m personally not moving Buchnevich unless it fits an organizational need. Which is a good defensive prospect. He works really well here and works better with Thomas than Kyrou does. The Blues also don’t need to be in a rush to move him as they could very easily ask for a package similar to what you have put together next trade deadline. Our front office is not going to tank, right or wrong in one’s opinion. But they don’t want to become Buffalo and want to create a good culture for the youth wave that’s about to come up on forward and with Lindstein on the back end.

Mikheyev is a proven two way winger who has shown he has the speed and tenacity to play in the top 6 and be effective on the PK. He is not a salary dump. Podkolzin is on track to be a two way middle six winger. He’s not a reclamation. In any case, Canucks aren’t dealing either as they need the depth for a playoff run and the price would be too high for Buchnevich (who I doubt is made available) as Canucks aren’t willing to move top tier prospects (Wallinder/Lekk) as management has already indicated.
Feb. 6 at 2:44 a.m.
Quoting: Grizz
Mikheyev is a proven two way winger who has shown he has the speed and tenacity to play in the top 6 and be effective on the PK. He is not a salary dump. Podkolzin is on track to be a two way middle six winger. He’s not a reclamation. In any case, Canucks aren’t dealing either as they need the depth for a playoff run and the price would be too high for Buchnevich (who I doubt is made available) as Canucks aren’t willing to move top tier prospects (Wallinder/Lekk) as management has already indicated.

I never said that Mikheyev wasn’t a useful player in agree he is. But if we’re trading Buchnevich, there’s no reason to water down the return by putting a value on a player that isn’t going to help us in the future. I don’t think Mikheyev is a good fit for something like this either.

In my mind, also right or wrong I have a hard time believing guys that were high picks like that that go up and down and can’t contribute when they come up and at least hold down a 3rd line spot are going to amount to a whole lot. It happens every once in a while. But most of the time, especially with Russian prospect like that they don’t stick around in the NHL for a long time because their scoring can push them to get more money in Russia than it can here for what they bring at the NHL level. He’s still young and there’s certainly a possibility that he becomes a top 6 guy. But I’m not willing to put much of a value on it as there’s probably 5-10 other guys out there currently that fit that mould and maybe 1 or 2 have a long NHL career.
Feb. 6 at 8:29 a.m.
Blues decline. Not the package we would target. Don't see Mikheyev being a target for the blues. The term is too long. Podz isn't a prospect we would target as a main piece of the package. Again we are not a fit if you don't have a good defensive prospect. I'd rather try to re-sign buch than do this package
Feb. 8 at 3:09 a.m.
AusCanuck
Quoting: mokumboi
Pretty sure the Blues would prefer Willander to Lekky. As for Sunny, he's presumably not going anywhere unless he asks to. I'm a little surprised he hasn't extended yet, but Army is just keeping all possible arrows in his quiver in case something big comes up. Like, say, Willander.

But yeah, a deferred and protected pick with a middle 6 winger and another winger getting to the point where folks start wondering if the B word is apropos - somebody tops that if he's available. Which he seems not to be at this moment.

Quoting: Tennisman142
Blues decline. Not the package we would target. Don't see Mikheyev being a target for the blues. The term is too long. Podz isn't a prospect we would target as a main piece of the package. Again we are not a fit if you don't have a good defensive prospect. I'd rather try to re-sign buch than do this package

Maybe D-Petey? I’m pretty sure he played with Lindstein at the world juniors, and I don’t think Willander is available.
Feb. 8 at 3:16 a.m.
Maybe D-Petey? I’m pretty sure he played with Lindstein at the world juniors, and I don’t think Willander is available.

If he’s not available I’m waiting until next trade deadline to get a return similar to d petey a 1st and a cap balance of one year or less, or just re-signing Buch if it’s reasonable.

Lindstein played with Willander.
Feb. 8 at 3:28 a.m.
mokumboi

D-Petey ain't gonna get it done, I'm afraid. And yeah, Lindstein was partners with Willander.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll