NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 2
$893,375$893,375
G
RFA
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 14 at 3:00 a.m.
Dougie has a full NMC
Feb. 14 at 4:59 a.m.
Flames
Missing Holtz and Casey there
Feb. 14 at 7:39 a.m.
Flamecity
Flames counter with kadri for Hughes
Feb. 14 at 8:47 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Ansabch12
Missing Holtz and Casey there

You’re going to be so incredibly disappointed lol
Feb. 14 at 10:55 a.m.
Flames
Quoting: dgibb10

Not really either we keep our top 5 goalie and make the playoffs or we get a haul from a desperate team, either way im happy with it.
Feb. 14 at 1:04 p.m.

Don't think that's true at all. It's been said multiple times that unless someone blows the doors off in a deal for Markstrom they won't even approach him regarding his NMC. The deal above in a vaccuum is probably a little under value for Markstrom but not a ton, would it be worth approaching Markstrom to waive? Not even close.
Feb. 14 at 1:17 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: WranglerWranglin
Don't think that's true at all. It's been said multiple times that unless someone blows the doors off in a deal for Markstrom they won't even approach him regarding his NMC. The deal above in a vaccuum is probably a little under value for Markstrom but not a ton, would it be worth approaching Markstrom to waive? Not even close.

Yeah that “need to be blown away to approach a guy with an NMC” is bs.

Markstrom having an NMC means NJD will be paying less than they would if he didn’t, not more.

“We won’t approach him to waive unless blah blah”. Why? Out of respect for him?

Because that ship has sailed. Do you think Markstrom is an idiot? Do you think he doesn’t know he’s being actively included in negotiations by Calgary?

At this point, since he already knows that you’re trying to sell him, the real respectful thing to do would be to approach Markstrom and ask him for a list of teams he’d be willing to play for.
Feb. 14 at 1:27 p.m.
Yeah that “need to be blown away to approach a guy with an NMC” is bs.

Markstrom having an NMC means NJD will be paying less than they would if he didn’t, not more.

“We won’t approach him to waive unless blah blah”. Why? Out of respect for him?

Because that ship has sailed. Do you think Markstrom is an idiot? Do you think he doesn’t know he’s being actively included in negotiations by Calgary?

At this point, since he already knows that you’re trying to sell him, the real respectful thing to do would be to approach Markstrom and ask him for a list of teams he’d be willing to play for.

I mean we can go with what the GM, insiders and reporters in Calgary have said or we can go with the all knowing DGibb... I think you'll be fairly lonely in that camp.
Feb. 14 at 1:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I mean we can go with what the GM, insiders and reporters in Calgary have said or we can go with the all knowing DGibb... I think you'll be fairly lonely in that camp.

I fully believe that Calgary is saying that. I just don’t believe it’s true.

It’s an interesting negotiating trick to try and artificially increase offers.

Unfortunately smart NHL GMs like Fitzy won’t fall for that.

Markstrom having an NMC objectively makes him a less valuable trade asset than if he didn’t have one. No matter how Calgary tries to spin it.

And again at this point it’s moot. Even the supposed argument for that of “not bothering Markstrom with this out of respect” is out the window.

It’s all over the news, reporters are asking Markstrom about it, he knows he’s being shopped.

At this point, if you really respected Markstrom, you would either:
A) stop negotiations involving him at all
B) go to Markstrom and ask him where he wants to go and try to facilitate a trade there.
Feb. 14 at 1:47 p.m.
I fully believe that Calgary is saying that. I just don’t believe it’s true.

It’s an interesting negotiating trick to try and artificially increase offers.

Unfortunately smart NHL GMs like Fitzy won’t fall for that.

Markstrom having an NMC objectively makes him a less valuable trade asset than if he didn’t have one. No matter how Calgary tries to spin it.

And again at this point it’s moot. Even the supposed argument for that of “not bothering Markstrom with this out of respect” is out the window.

It’s all over the news, reporters are asking Markstrom about it, he knows he’s being shopped.

At this point, if you really respected Markstrom, you would either:
A) stop negotiations involving him at all
B) go to Markstrom and ask him where he wants to go and try to facilitate a trade there.

Again, the all knowing Gibbward. You genuinely have no idea what's going on, no one does outside of the GM's negotiating as displayed by how many conflicting reports have come out about a deal with New Jersey. Conroy has been extremely solid is saying they're not shopping Markstrom, it also sounds like the deal is as close to dead as it could be meaning that even if it got off the ground to an extent it never escalated to the point of even bothering to ask the player to waive his NMC, if a team desperately wants a goalie they will pay through the nose, if they don't want to pay the price why would the Flames move him?
Feb. 14 at 1:52 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Again, the all knowing Gibbward. You genuinely have no idea what's going on, no one does outside of the GM's negotiating as displayed by how many conflicting reports have come out about a deal with New Jersey. Conroy has been extremely solid is saying they're not shopping Markstrom, it also sounds like the deal is as close to dead as it could be meaning that even if it got off the ground to an extent it never escalated to the point of even bothering to ask the player to waive his NMC, if a team desperately wants a goalie they will pay through the nose, if they don't want to pay the price why would the Flames move him?

Which point are you denying?

Point A: I believe the flames have said this, but it is a negotiating tactic.
Point B: A player who can be traded to any team has more bidders and thus more value than a player who can choose his destination/reject any team he wants
Point C: Markstrom knows that he has been involved in trade negotiations
Point D: If I were Jacob Markstrom I would rather know about negotiations/be able to pick your team than have to hear about everything through rumour mills
Feb. 14 at 2:12 p.m.
Which point are you denying?

Point A: I believe the flames have said this, but it is a negotiating tactic.
Point B: A player who can be traded to any team has more bidders and thus more value than a player who can choose his destination/reject any team he wants
Point C: Markstrom knows that he has been involved in trade negotiations
Point D: If I were Jacob Markstrom I would rather know about negotiations/be able to pick your team than have to hear about everything through rumour mills

A: Again, just your belief, you have zero knowledge of what's happening, you're choosing to put what you think in higher esteem than what an NHL GM has said.
B: If he were willing to waive to go East to a team outside looking in on the playoffs then it's not a limited suitor situation.
C: Markstrom has been in trade negotiations before, he's a big boy and just had an interview stating that it's all outside noise and he will just play until something changes.
D: You're not Jacob Markstrom, you have a fraction of the knowledge of whats going on. If he's willing to waive for New Jersey, he's willing to waive a lot of places, if he's "picking a team" there's going to be a laundry list before New Jersey.
Feb. 14 at 2:26 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
A: Again, just your belief, you have zero knowledge of what's happening, you're choosing to put what you think in higher esteem than what an NHL GM has said.
B: If he were willing to waive to go East to a team outside looking in on the playoffs then it's not a limited suitor situation.
C: Markstrom has been in trade negotiations before, he's a big boy and just had an interview stating that it's all outside noise and he will just play until something changes.
D: You're not Jacob Markstrom, you have a fraction of the knowledge of whats going on. If he's willing to waive for New Jersey, he's willing to waive a lot of places, if he's "picking a team" there's going to be a laundry list before New Jersey.

The list of suitors if you refuse to retain is 2.

NJD and Carolina

The list of suitors if you're willing to retain is 5
Toronto*, Edmonton*, LAK (* indicates teams I HIGHLY doubt Calgary would trade markstrom to due to treliving+rival factors)

If he won't go to Carolina that eliminates every other suitor for unretained Markstrom. If Carolina wants to roll with Freddie Andersen that eliminates every other suitor for unretained markstrom

A) It's the logical interpretation of the statement. NJD will not pay more bc Calgary made a statement about not wanting to approach Markstrom.
B) stated above
C) Nobody knows where markstrom would waive to. Any team he says no to means 1 less buyer. If he will waive to every team his value is the same as if he didn't have said NMC. Every team he won't means 1 less buyer to raise the price.
D) again basic logic and interpretation of the facts.
Feb. 14 at 2:35 p.m.
The list of suitors if you refuse to retain is 2.

NJD and Carolina

The list of suitors if you're willing to retain is 5
Toronto*, Edmonton*, LAK (* indicates teams I HIGHLY doubt Calgary would trade markstrom to due to treliving+rival factors)

If he won't go to Carolina that eliminates every other suitor for unretained Markstrom. If Carolina wants to roll with Freddie Andersen that eliminates every other suitor for unretained markstrom

A) It's the logical interpretation of the statement. NJD will not pay more bc Calgary made a statement about not wanting to approach Markstrom.
B) stated above
C) Nobody knows where markstrom would waive to. Any team he says no to means 1 less buyer. If he will waive to every team his value is the same as if he didn't have said NMC. Every team he won't means 1 less buyer to raise the price.
D) again basic logic and interpretation of the facts.

A: Then Calgary just doesn't approach Markstrom... pretty simple.
B: Pretty simple still
C: I think you're starting to get that none of us know anything about the situation at hand.
D: I think you just like to hear yourself talk and feel right regardless of facts
Feb. 14 at 2:53 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
A: Then Calgary just doesn't approach Markstrom... pretty simple.
B: Pretty simple still
C: I think you're starting to get that none of us know anything about the situation at hand.
D: I think you just like to hear yourself talk and feel right regardless of facts

You are saying that Calgary won't approach Markstrom without a massive overpay. I believe that is a lie, and just used to try and get teams to increase offers.

If it is not a negotiating ploy, Markstrom will not be traded. End of conversation can Calgary fans please stop bothering us with the most ridiculous asks I've ever seen.

And again, if it isn't a negotiating ploy, the logic behind it falls apart.

Why won't they approach him without an overpay? The logical conclusion would be out of respect/not wanting distractions to affect his play. Again if you can provide another explanation

But again, in that scenario, once talks leak and Markstrom hears about it, logically it would be more respectful to him to ask what he wants, and if trade potential will affect his play, so will all the rumours currently swirling around.
Feb. 14 at 3:08 p.m.
You are saying that Calgary won't approach Markstrom without a massive overpay. I believe that is a lie, and just used to try and get teams to increase offers.

If it is not a negotiating ploy, Markstrom will not be traded. End of conversation can Calgary fans please stop bothering us with the most ridiculous asks I've ever seen.

And again, if it isn't a negotiating ploy, the logic behind it falls apart.

Why won't they approach him without an overpay? The logical conclusion would be out of respect/not wanting distractions to affect his play. Again if you can provide another explanation

But again, in that scenario, once talks leak and Markstrom hears about it, logically it would be more respectful to him to ask what he wants, and if trade potential will affect his play, so will all the rumours currently swirling around.

Because they wouldn't move him without a massive overpay... so why approach him about waiving without a massive overpay.. That's where everything you're talking about falls apart. They have no need to move him.

No one is bothering you, you actively come to this website seeking these conversations, again becuase I just think you like to hear yourself talk and pat yourself on the back regardless of facts.
Feb. 14 at 3:13 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Because they wouldn't move him without a massive overpay... so why approach him about waiving without a massive overpay.. That's where everything you're talking about falls apart. They have no need to move him.

No one is bothering you, you actively come to this website seeking these conversations, again becuase I just think you like to hear yourself talk and pat yourself on the back regardless of facts.

And I call bull**** on that statement.
I call bull**** on the fact that the currently rebuilding Calgary flames, with a successor goalie, in place, would choose to hold onto their 6 million dollar 34 year old who will never again have value as he does right now, if they received a market value offer.

And again, if I'm wrong and they do want a massive overpay it just means Markstrom doesn't come to jersey which I'd be more than fine with
Feb. 14 at 3:16 p.m.
And I call bull**** on that statement.
I call bull**** on the fact that the currently rebuilding Calgary flames, with a successor goalie, in place, would choose to hold onto their 6 million dollar 34 year old who will never again have value as he does right now, if they received a market value offer.

And again, if I'm wrong and they do want a massive overpay it just means Markstrom doesn't come to jersey which I'd be more than fine with

Because Wolf has proven that he's NHL ready? and the Sabres have put out the blue print on how to shell your 22 year old goalie. They have all the cap room in the world to hang onto him if they'd like, 32 out of 32 teams would rather have Markstrom mentor Wolf than Vladar, they have literally 0 incentive to move him unless they're blown away.
Feb. 14 at 3:20 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Because Wolf has proven that he's NHL ready? and the Sabres have put out the blue print on how to shell your 22 year old goalie. They have all the cap room in the world to hang onto him if they'd like, 32 out of 32 teams would rather have Markstrom mentor Wolf than Vladar, they have literally 0 incentive to move him unless they're blown away.

Incentive:
-18 million dollars in savings
-Getting assets while he still has value
Feb. 14 at 3:26 p.m.
Incentive:
-18 million dollars in savings
-Getting assets while he still has value

- So the way to go is shell your young netminder and ensure you stunt his development because the billionaire owners group wants to save 12M over the next two years?
- Right, if a team wants to send a haul of assets that would outweigh the benefit of properly developing Wolf then by all means, if not, then they have 0 incentive.
Feb. 14 at 3:30 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
- So the way to go is shell your young netminder and ensure you stunt his development because the billionaire owners group wants to save 12M over the next two years?
- Right, if a team wants to send a haul of assets that would outweigh the benefit of properly developing Wolf then by all means, if not, then they have 0 incentive.

Well the billionaire owner group is in charge.

Are you saying the development comes from not forcing Wolf into a starters role too soon? Bc again you can still keep him as the backup.
Or are you saying specifically that Markstrom will help develop wolf. In which case I question his mentorship skills bc Vladar hasn't improved at all and he had quite a bit of upside
Feb. 14 at 3:44 p.m.
Well the billionaire owner group is in charge.

Are you saying the development comes from not forcing Wolf into a starters role too soon? Bc again you can still keep him as the backup.
Or are you saying specifically that Markstrom will help develop wolf. In which case I question his mentorship skills bc Vladar hasn't improved at all and he had quite a bit of upside

Same ownership group that's paying Sutter $4M to sit on the farm?? I'm pretty sure they're fine babe.

You'd prefer to see the Devon Levi/UPL track as opposed to Saros/Rinne, Talbot/Shesterkin/Lundqvist, Holtby/Grubauer so on so forth. Vladar is terrible, was terrible and a 3rd was an overpay for that trade that they're now stuck with.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll