$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 22 at 3:41 p.m.
Ferraro is already 25. Any hopes that he'd be the next Slavvin are out the window by now. I wouldn't spend a 1st+ on him when he just gets shelled every night, he's just a poor mans McCabe
Feb. 22 at 3:43 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: Carleton
Ferraro is already 25. Any hopes that he'd be the next Slavvin are out the window by now. I wouldn't spend a 1st+ on him when he just gets shelled every night, he's just a poor mans McCabe

Spoken like someone who's literally never seen him play hockey
Feb. 22 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
Spoken like someone who's literally never seen him play hockey

Oh wow the subpar bottom 4 D that's like a -3 every night is suddenly the solution to all of our problems! He might have been appealing a few seasons ago when he had some upside but there's nothing about his game that warrants a 1st+
Feb. 22 at 3:48 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan

Ferraro has actually played every game this year in the top four with a bad San Jose team. He looks to be another defenseman like McCabe who is improving with us. Trading a 1st for controllable 3-5 defenseman with some potential for more as some defensemen don't reach their ceiling til age 26 is worth it. Where I question the trade is as a LD. This year it doesn't help much as Brodie has shown to be better when on the left side of Liljegren. Next year, Ferraro is more helpful for us but as a deadline acquisition it is very tough to gauge.
Feb. 22 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: hockeynutter
Ferraro has actually played every game this year in the top four with a bad San Jose team. He looks to be another defenseman like McCabe who is improving with us. Trading a 1st for controllable 3-5 defenseman with some potential for more as some defensemen don't reach their ceiling til age 26 is worth it. Where I question the trade is as a LD. This year it doesn't help much as Brodie has shown to be better when on the left side of Liljegren. Next year, Ferraro is more helpful for us but as a deadline acquisition it is very tough to gauge.

If he's getting crumbled against top competition what good will he have in a top 4 role with us? Look at his analytics, they are pure garbage. Nothing about his game is worth a 1st+ price
Feb. 22 at 3:51 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Oh wow the subpar bottom 4 D that's like a -3 every night is suddenly the solution to all of our problems! He might have been appealing a few seasons ago when he had some upside but there's nothing about his game that warrants a 1st+

Same was said about McCabe last year and he is still improving for us. A first round pick has maybe a 25 -30 % chance of being a decent NHL player. I am not advocating the trade because, Ferraro could very well bea bad defenseman. I am gauging a rumour. Also insiders believe Ferraro has more to offer on a good team as a 3-5 defenseman. But this is all hear say and a risk.
Feb. 22 at 3:52 p.m.
Same was said about McCabe last year and he is still improving for us. A first round pick has maybe a 25 -30 % chance of being a decent NHL player. I am not advocating the trade because, Ferraro could very well bea bad defenseman. I am gauging a rumour. Also insiders believe Ferraro has more to offer on a good team as a 3-5 defenseman. But this is all hear say and a risk.

McCabe was better than Ferraro, though. And still is.

People always say "oh well he'd be better on a good team" is a complete cop out. If the player is bad, he's just bad. EK65 scored 100 points on a team where him and Hertl were the only offensive drivers. Good players still find ways to show out.
Feb. 22 at 3:54 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
If he's getting crumbled against top competition what good will he have in a top 4 role with us? Look at his analytics, they are pure garbage. Nothing about his game is worth a 1st+ price

I am merely quoting a rumour. Also Ferraro alone no is not worth it. Kunin is another controllable piece in the trade. Also of course he is getting shelled. He is on a team where Granlund is their top 3 forward. Arguable to be higher. Their entire team is getting shelled. Hard to gauge potential when there are little actual top end players on a team to help.
Feb. 22 at 3:58 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan

People always say "oh well he'd be better on a good team" is a complete cop out. If the player is bad, he's just bad. EK65 scored 100 points on a team where him and Hertl were the only offensive drivers. Good players still find ways to show out.

Again their are two NHL players in the trade for the 1st. Also I was quoting a rumour. The Leafs want a controllable younger player for their 1st and the Leafs were not the only team looking at Ferraro. If other teams are looking at him as well it shows their is value. I can understand the trade when I think that we have a 1/4 chance of just getting an NHL player with the first round pick. That being said, I do understand the hesitation with Ferraro. Aside from Chychrun, any trade involving our first round pick will be a big risk that makes me question if we should even trade it. Probably why many insiders has stated that Treliving is very hesitant to trade his 1st round pick unless it is a good defenseman with term. He is more offering multiple mid round picks.
Feb. 22 at 4:02 p.m.
Again their are two NHL players in the trade for the 1st. Also I was quoting a rumour. The Leafs want a controllable younger player for their 1st and the Leafs were not the only team looking at Ferraro. If other teams are looking at him as well it shows their is value. I can understand the trade when I think that we have a 1/4 chance of just getting an NHL player with the first round pick. That being said, I do understand the hesitation with Ferraro. Aside from Chychrun, any trade involving our first round pick will be a big risk that makes me question if we should even trade it. Probably why many insiders has stated that Treliving is very hesitant to trade his 1st round pick unless it is a good defenseman with term. He is more offering multiple mid round picks.

We need to stop spending our firsts, IMO. We need to strengthen our prospect pool and not spend firsts on players we're hoping will be good. We're better off keeping our first and signing someone like Zadorov (whos a gazillion times better than Ferraro) in free agency. It's not worth it
Feb. 22 at 4:07 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
We need to stop spending our firsts, IMO. We need to strengthen our prospect pool and not spend firsts on players we're hoping will be good. We're better off keeping our first and signing someone like Zadorov (whos a gazillion times better than Ferraro) in free agency. It's not worth it

Zadorov is at best a 5/6 defenseman. He will not do much for us in free agency. That being said, I never said I am advocating this trade. I am merely stating the rumour and understand the thought. I agree that we need to boost our prospect pool. Our defense pool is very weak aside from Niemela. This makes me fairly confident that our 1st round pick will remain in tact unless we have a good young defenseman coming back preferably better than Ferraro (yes I agree) or a cheap resigning like Tanev at under 4 million and little less in the trade.
Feb. 22 at 4:11 p.m.
Zadorov is at best a 5/6 defenseman

It's a hell of a lot better than Ferraro that's for sure
Feb. 22 at 4:12 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
It's a hell of a lot better than Ferraro that's for sure

Considering the price, it is hard to say. Ferraro has other elements that would be more attractive. To be honest I am not a fan of either.
Feb. 22 at 4:39 p.m.
sharcuda22

Ferraro is a support player, he should only be your 3rd best dman at best. Comparing him to Hertl, Meier, and EK65 is a disingenuous comparison. Ferraro is for sure out of his depth because he eats every tough minute available with a partner who would ideally be on the bottom pair. It’s okey if you dont watch him play but ignoring the context of his ceiling vs his minutes vs his support is your own choice.
Feb. 22 at 4:42 p.m.
Quoting: sharcuda22
Ferraro is a support player, he should only be your 3rd best dman at best. Comparing him to Hertl, Meier, and EK65 is a disingenuous comparison. Ferraro is for sure out of his depth because he eats every tough minute available with a partner who would ideally be on the bottom pair. It’s okey if you dont watch him play but ignoring the context of his ceiling vs his minutes vs his support is your own choice.

"Support" players aren't worth 1st+ packages. & I didn't compare him to Hertl or EK. I simply stated that good players show out even on bad teams. Ferraro is just bad.
Feb. 22 at 4:43 p.m.
Stovetop

Referring to him as a "bottom 4 D" just proves my point. Add to that you're referencing his +/-, you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about
Feb. 22 at 4:43 p.m.
Stovetop
"Support" players aren't worth 1st+ packages. & I didn't compare him to Hertl or EK. I simply stated that good players show out even on bad teams. Ferraro is just bad.

Lol
Feb. 22 at 4:45 p.m.
Referring to him as a "bottom 4 D" just proves my point. Add to that you're referencing his +/-, you clearly have zero clue what you're talking about

Lol

GG-OohrXAAEn_aH?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, I laughed too when i saw his analytics. DEFINITELY worth a 1st+ woooweee!
Feb. 22 at 4:51 p.m.
sharcuda22

Support players return firsts almost every deadline unless you think Sean Monahan is a play driver. I am sorry about your ability to evaluate hockey players and am just gonna go with the pros on this one lmao. This deal isn’t also a a traditional first + like you are trying to imply. It’s two contracts for cap reasons that aren’t awesome contracts in Kampf + abruzzese and a prospect that wont make the NHL for Ferraro + Kunin. I would even be surprised if a deal like this goes through given the sharks desire for an overpayment to move Ferraro.
Feb. 22 at 4:52 p.m.
sharcuda22
GG-OohrXAAEn_aH?format=jpg&name=medium

Yeah, I laughed too when i saw his analytics. DEFINITELY worth a 1st+ woooweee!

Do u know how to use analytics? Any analyst on the planet, including the one who makes the player cards will say that if you are using them to do all of your analysis youre using them incorrectly. They are one part of a tool that generally lacks context. See also Moritz Seider conversation from earlier this year.
AStovetop liked this.
Feb. 22 at 4:53 p.m.
Support players return firsts almost every deadline unless you think Sean Monahan is a play driver. I am sorry about your ability to evaluate hockey players and am just gonna go with the pros on this one lmao. This deal isn’t also a a traditional first + like you are trying to imply. It’s two contracts for cap reasons that aren’t awesome contracts in Kampf + abruzzese and a prospect that wont make the NHL for Ferraro + Kunin. I would even be surprised if a deal like this goes through given the sharks desire for an overpayment to move Ferraro.

What pros? The "fourth period"? lmfao. I don't know why you included Monahan considering he still had 35pts in 49 games prior to being traded and there was a case made for him getting a first.

My "inability" to evaluate players is choosing not to spend a 1st on a dude who Sharks fans call a "support" player with terrible analytics.
Feb. 22 at 4:56 p.m.
Do u know how to use analytics? Any analyst on the planet, including the one who makes the player cards will say that if you are using them to do all of your analysis youre using them incorrectly. They are one part of a tool that generally lacks context. See also Moritz Seider conversation from earlier this year.

Yeah, TheAthletic pulls RAPM charts from evolving hockey which calculate how a player has performed individually vs. on-ice.

I don't use them to base all of my player values, but Ferraro's are SPECIFICALLY bad. like, really bad. He's just not a good player. Not spending a 1st on a guy who'd get outperformed in the lineup by Jake McCabe.
Feb. 22 at 4:59 p.m.
Stovetop
What pros? The "fourth period"? lmfao. I don't know why you included Monahan considering he still had 35pts in 49 games prior to being traded and there was a case made for him getting a first.

My "inability" to evaluate players is choosing not to spend a 1st on a dude who Sharks fans call a "support" player with terrible analytics.

You're not spending anything on anyone. You're not a GM. You're a fan who puts all their faith in a player card without watching a real hockey game. They had Labanc as a defensive god last season, when in reality, he did literally nothing different other than take less penalties
Feb. 22 at 5:00 p.m.
Stovetop
Yeah, TheAthletic pulls RAPM charts from evolving hockey which calculate how a player has performed individually vs. on-ice.

I don't use them to base all of my player values, but Ferraro's are SPECIFICALLY bad. like, really bad. He's just not a good player. Not spending a 1st on a guy who'd get outperformed in the lineup by Jake McCabe.

Again, you're just wrong. Watch a game
Feb. 22 at 5:01 p.m.
Again, you're just wrong. Watch a game

The best part about this whole thing is you've yet to provide any evidence as to why he'd be worth a 1st... just "watch a game". What am I watching, him getting shelled on a nightly basis? No thanks man.

Let another shmuck GM overpay for a "support" player that doesn't support anything.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll