SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

50Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 5 - TDL additions (Go Big or Go Small)

Mar. 5 at 8:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 5 at 10:31 p.m.
Actually found another team who does have a RD and PK forward but people wont like it

MTL

They have a surplus of D and some nice bottom 6 forwards but since they be a divisional rival I doubt we see anything
Mar. 5 at 10:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Watching KHL hockey its funny how its

Nikita Grebyonkin vs. Kirill Slepets and a former leafs prospect Korshkov
Mar. 6 at 12:13 a.m.
Amirov Forever
The two guys I want the most this TDL that are probably completely out of the realm of possibility are Marcus Pettersson and Andrew Mangiapane. Both would be excellent pickups for us
Mar. 6 at 12:14 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 6 at 12:23 a.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
The two guys I want the most this TDL that are probably completely out of the realm of possibility are Marcus Pettersson and Andrew Mangiapane. Both would be excellent pickups for us

I wouldnt be saying out of realm of possibility for Pete but it would all come down to Dubas for if he wants to deal with former team, Mangiapane sure as Flames be looking good and next season he could be a key part to team

Going back to Pete if Dubas said sure the way it would work is Brodie probs goes the other way or they agree to ret

As honestly if were linked and I mean from what I am hearing really linked and heavily considering him Brodie has to go the other way to make the money work anyways
Mar. 6 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Trying to think of a TDL package where we can bring in a B6 forward who can kill penalties but still also be useful offensively and a RD with term to play with Brodie and push Liligren down

So far I have Dowd + Jensen (ret) but I feel we could do better besides Dowd

Still uncertain which direction Philly will go...but a Walker + Hathaway or Poehling would satisfy both. I could stomach giving up a first if we're doing a RD + bottom 6 and, ideally, one of them has a little bit of term.

I can also see them trying to get Dumba on the cheap and maybe get another forward in the deal although that would be much less impactful, IMO
Mar. 6 at 10:54 a.m.
Saw it trending my twitter so will give my 2 cents on it

If the Leafs do decide to trade for Parayko then Im only okay with it...IF STL retain 2m so that hes 4.5m. That is more reasonable and u can then pair him with McCabe or Rielly. That said NTU to sending Minten or Cowen in that deal

GHhXzxdWEAA9cq-?format=jpg&name=large

It's so hard for me to see a Parayko trade happen without some major philosophical shift in St. Louis.

I try and liken it to...if the Leafs missed the playoffs and were looking to re-tool...what would we expect to receive for Rielly? No chance we would want to retain any salary for the length of his deal. No chance we would want to take a 1st and b-list prospects. He's worth more to the locker room than to accept a crap trade.

Same goes for Parayko. A lot of money and a lot of term left on his deal...but he's still their #1 guy and a leader in the locker room. Unless St. Louis goes full blown re-build...a team is going to have to pony up real assets for him and likely take the full salary....and that's likely too risky a deal for most teams who can't afford to have a bad contract on the books if it doesn't work out
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Mar. 6 at 11:40 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Can the Senators please stop trading with divisional rivals? This is getting ridiculous, Friedman is reporting that Tank to Florida is getting close
Mar. 6 at 11:58 a.m.
Go leafs go
Can the Senators please stop trading with divisional rivals? This is getting ridiculous, Friedman is reporting that Tank to Florida is getting close

Lol other than Debrincat (who wanted Detriot) they’re usually a team who shies away from division trades. Though yah Florida getting Tarasenko sucks for us
Mar. 6 at 12:01 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Saskleaf
Lol other than Debrincat (who wanted Detriot) they’re usually a team who shies away from division trades. Though yah Florida getting Tarasenko sucks for us

Remember when they traded Hoffman to the Sharks specifically so he wouldn't be in the Atlantic, only for the Sharks to immediately flip him to Florida? Good times

They even had a condition in the EK65 trade that said "Sens receive a 1st round pick from the Sharks (no later than 2022) if Karlsson is on an Eastern Conference roster (reserve list) during the 2018-19 season."

Quite the 180 from those days with two of their best players now suiting up for divisional rivals
Saskleaf and Juice liked this.
Mar. 6 at 12:05 p.m.
McMann Season
Sam Carrick could be a cheap option for a 4L forward who kills penalties. Thoughts?
Mar. 6 at 12:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CameronSquires
Sam Carrick could be a cheap option for a 4L forward who kills penalties. Thoughts?

He feels like one of those guys who if we wanted him would have been part of the Boosh deal
Mar. 6 at 12:30 p.m.
McMann Season
He feels like one of those guys who if we wanted him would have been part of the Boosh deal

Yeah that’s fair
Mar. 6 at 12:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If Tarasenko came that cheap TOR should be jumping on Chycrun rn.

He should cost a single 1st
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6 at 12:57 p.m.
Amirov Forever
If the Oilers are looking to move Foegele to clear cap space, the Leafs should be all over that
Mar. 6 at 12:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
K saw the goalie starts and um....

Why we starting Sammy tonight and Woll tommorow?

TOR struggles with Buffalo and Sammy has been in net in both occasions and Woll just struggled against BOS Monday

Should have been Woll vs. BUF and Sammy vs. BOS
Mar. 6 at 12:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If the Oilers are looking to move Foegele to clear cap space, the Leafs should be all over that

I doubt its move him then make deal. Its probs gonna be include him in said deal as it makes sense to do so hes a positive asset

Basically will be a money in and out thing. Also dont have the cap to add him and another Dman as if we do add him only 850k left in cap space.
Mar. 6 at 1:03 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juice
It's so hard for me to see a Parayko trade happen without some major philosophical shift in St. Louis.

I try and liken it to...if the Leafs missed the playoffs and were looking to re-tool...what would we expect to receive for Rielly? No chance we would want to retain any salary for the length of his deal. No chance we would want to take a 1st and b-list prospects. He's worth more to the locker room than to accept a crap trade.

Same goes for Parayko. A lot of money and a lot of term left on his deal...but he's still their #1 guy and a leader in the locker room. Unless St. Louis goes full blown re-build...a team is going to have to pony up real assets for him and likely take the full salary....and that's likely too risky a deal for most teams who can't afford to have a bad contract on the books if it doesn't work out

Apparently STL is wanting to move on from one of him or Krug. Krug is a negative asset and would cost STL assets to move so I feel its Parayko whose the one positive asset

I think the Blues dont want to be stuck in the middle and so before things go south want to get some value for Parayko or something. Its a wait and see but this has been a thing for 2 years so yea

But if Brad wants to make a big TDL splash thats a candidate to go get. Its risky but if he works u got a 6'6 RD joining the top 4
Mar. 6 at 1:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Still uncertain which direction Philly will go...but a Walker + Hathaway or Poehling would satisfy both. I could stomach giving up a first if we're doing a RD + bottom 6 and, ideally, one of them has a little bit of term.

I can also see them trying to get Dumba on the cheap and maybe get another forward in the deal although that would be much less impactful, IMO

Im not sure either of the forwards goes as Torts loves them

Walker I can see its just the size that has me going ugh as after what we saw with VGK its like k we need a football team lul

I like him but man a 1st for a guy who can walk just feels like a NTU. Now if its Walker + Frost for 1st + prospect I could look at that but I doubt PHI moves Frost
Mar. 6 at 1:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So Walker seems to be off the table going to Avs
Mar. 6 at 1:48 p.m.
So Walker seems to be off the table going to Avs

yup...still looking for what the return was
Mar. 6 at 1:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
yup...still looking for what the return was

1st per Engels

Yea kind of glad we didnt as im not in the mood for a 1st for a rental again seen it to much. Gimmie the term lul
Mar. 6 at 1:50 p.m.
1st per Engels

Yea kind of glad we didnt as im not in the mood for a 1st for a rental again seen it to much. Gimmie the term lul

100% agreed
Mar. 6 at 1:52 p.m.
1st per Engels

They dumped RyJo, too....so can see why that made more sense for them
Mar. 6 at 1:52 p.m.
McMann Season
Who’s left for us to look at acquiring?
Mar. 6 at 1:53 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
100% agreed

Im starting to get convinced the reason its quiet is Brad and Armstrong are having quiet discussions on Parayko but dont want the media ruining things. Its kind of like the JTM thing

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll