Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2024
Published: Feb. 27, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
OTT
  1. 2024 1st round pick (VGK)
VGK
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,500,000 retained)
OTT
  1. Nyman, Jani
  2. 2024 1st round pick (SEA)
OTT
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
OTT
  1. Foegele, Warren
  2. Holloway, Dylan
  3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Giroux, Claude ($3,250,000 retained)
OTT
  1. Dvorsky, Dalibor
  2. 2024 1st round pick (STL)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the STL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
19$83,500,000$64,561,666$0$3,050,000$18,938,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,350,000$8,350,000
C
UFA - 8
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$550,000$550K)
C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 27 at 11:01 p.m.
I'm a Wings fan and I was yelling at the TV watching that 3rd period effort.
Feb. 27 at 11:02 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: mmccRed198913
I'm a Wings fan and I was yelling at the TV watching that 3rd period effort.

I don’t know what’s wrong with this team but they’re soft mentally and physically and often have questionable effort and coast .

Can we trade for Torts as coach and hire Trotz as GM?
Feb. 27 at 11:06 p.m.
Xercuses
No way Stl goes for that
Dean and a first is more realistic
Quoting: csick
I don’t know what’s wrong with this team but they’re soft mentally and physically and often have questionable effort and coast .

Can we trade for Torts as coach and hire Trotz as GM?

I mean ya got Jacques Martin coaching, he's not exactly Barney the dinosaur soft.
leaffanio liked this.
Rest is a weapon
just absolute pain after that one
Feb. 27 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: xercuses
No way Stl goes for that
Dean and a first is more realistic

Holy hell please tell me you are kidding…the Blues would accept this in a heartbeat
Feb. 27 at 11:12 p.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: noted
Holy hell please tell me you are kidding…the Blues would accept this in a heartbeat

No shot, Dvorsky is the best prospect we’ve had in a long time, hell even higher rated then Thomas was. Absolutely wouldn’t trade him for Brady, matty on the other hand
Feb. 27 at 11:14 p.m.
Mr.T 17
To be honest, I was just thinking of trading Foegele, Broberg and the 2025 1st for Claude
Feb. 27 at 11:19 p.m.
No shot, Dvorsky is the best prospect we’ve had in a long time, hell even higher rated then Thomas was. Absolutely wouldn’t trade him for Brady, matty on the other hand

I like Dvorsky. Brady Tkachuk right now is a better player than he is ever going to be more than likely. You don’t have the best understanding of prospect value and seem to never want to give anything up from a Blues perspective…
csick liked this.
Feb. 27 at 11:26 p.m.
Blues just can't afford to add 8m in cap. The only trade that remotely would make sense is Kyrou for Brady, and that's been beaten around quite a bit.
Feb. 27 at 11:34 p.m.
Quoting: AC14
Blues just can't afford to add 8m in cap. The only trade that remotely would make sense is Kyrou for Brady, and that's been beaten around quite a bit.

It be tough to do at the deadline but they could probably make it work if also traded Buch or Kyrou in corresponding move and/or buried some guys

Could easily make work in offseason as cap goes up and Scandella, Kapanen, Vrana, Blais all off books.

Blues fans on here are weird. They have been asking for almost more of a return than this for what they want for Buch in some cases…
Feb. 27 at 11:34 p.m.
Xercuses
I like Dvorsky. Brady Tkachuk right now is a better player than he is ever going to be more than likely. You don’t have the best understanding of prospect value and seem to never want to give anything up from a Blues perspective…

Well we aren’t I a postion to give up young prospects, 3-4 years ago year definitely. Now? Hell no

I will admit outside of the teams I follow I’m not great with prospects
Feb. 27 at 11:37 p.m.
KFTW

I don’t think Sens ever do that
Feb. 27 at 11:37 p.m.
Well we aren’t I a postion to give up young prospects, 3-4 years ago year definitely. Now? Hell no

I will admit outside of the teams I follow I’m not great with prospects

Dvorsky currently does not project to be a top line player and might not stick at center. His most NHL comparable is Brock Nelson. But you wouldn’t trade him and a first for Brady Tkachuk…got it…
Feb. 27 at 11:41 p.m.
It be tough to do at the deadline but they could probably make it work if also traded Buch or Kyrou in corresponding move and/or buried some guys

Could easily make work in offseason as cap goes up and Scandella, Kapanen, Vrana, Blais all off books.

Blues fans on here are weird. They have been asking for almost more of a return than this for what they want for Buch in some cases…

Well, there's a stigma here that Brady is similar to Matthew because he's a Tkachuk. He's a first line scorer yes, but has been worse than Kyrou defensively. We berated Kyrou for the same thing last season, and he got much better defensively (effort, backchecking etc, same issues that come up with Brady) and took a bit of a hit offensively. Now we want to trade him for what?

And no, this is wildly different than most people are asking for Buch. Dvorsky was the 10OA last draft, and our pick is extremely likely to be top 10 again. If we're trading Kyrou, Dvorsky and this years first for Brady Tkachuk or to make cap space for him, we're making a lateral move short term hoping for a better fit while mortgaging the future at the same time. it's just not a wise decision unless the move is focused around Tkachuk and Kyrou, which again, fairly lateral, but to each their own. We're a slow team that would be getting even slower (by a large margin) but we're getting closer to getting harder to play against assuming Tkachuk buys into more of a focus defensively, which most likely will result in a lower production rate. If it's a 1-1 trade sure it would make sense to see if the fit is better, but adding a top 10 pick or a top 10 pick in their d+1 or potentially even both is a ridiculously dumb idea. Neighbors emergence negates the need for this swap as he's proven to be that thorn in the side front of the net player.

I get the affinity with how beloved big walt was. But it's not a smart decision, and an unnecessary one.
Feb. 27 at 11:44 p.m.
I don’t think Sens ever do that

That's completely fine, I can see the reason why. I don't think they'll move him until closer to his contract being up anyways. You can at least at that point hope for a progression and then if he gets to that 100 point threshold while being more of a positive presence defensively (and yes i know that analytics based on defense aren't great but it's concerning when the same complaints about him are the same we all got tired of with kyrou last year which he's gotten past this year) the Sens can shoot for a return closer to what Matthew received
Feb. 27 at 11:45 p.m.
Well, there's a stigma here that Brady is similar to Matthew because he's a Tkachuk. He's a first line scorer yes, but has been worse than Kyrou defensively. We berated Kyrou for the same thing last season, and he got much better defensively (effort, backchecking etc, same issues that come up with Brady) and took a bit of a hit offensively. Now we want to trade him for what?

And no, this is wildly different than most people are asking for Buch. Dvorsky was the 10OA last draft, and our pick is extremely likely to be top 10 again. If we're trading Kyrou, Dvorsky and this years first for Brady Tkachuk or to make cap space for him, we're making a lateral move short term hoping for a better fit while mortgaging the future at the same time. it's just not a wise decision unless the move is focused around Tkachuk and Kyrou, which again, fairly lateral, but to each their own. We're a slow team that would be getting even slower (by a large margin) but we're getting closer to getting harder to play against assuming Tkachuk buys into more of a focus defensively, which most likely will result in a lower production rate. If it's a 1-1 trade sure it would make sense to see if the fit is better, but adding a top 10 pick or a top 10 pick in their d+1 or potentially even both is a ridiculously dumb idea. Neighbors emergence negates the need for this swap as he's proven to be that thorn in the side front of the net player.

I get the affinity with how beloved big walt was. But it's not a smart decision, and an unnecessary one.

The offer here was Dvorsky and a 1st for Brady. I’m saying Blues would move Kyrou or Buch in corresponding move where they would also get assets back to make the cap work. Kyrou is not better than Brady Tkachuk defensively. He also made a weak effort at covering guy in slot on 4th goal tonight. Pretty par for the course.
Feb. 27 at 11:54 p.m.
TrevorA
Sorry Dude, I Feel You! Sucks when it doesn’t all add up
Feb. 27 at 11:56 p.m.
KFTW
The offer here was Dvorsky and a 1st for Brady. I’m saying Blues would move Kyrou or Buch in corresponding move where they would also get assets back to make the cap work. Kyrou is not better than Brady Tkachuk defensively. He also made a weak effort at covering guy in slot on 4th goal tonight. Pretty par for the course.

Brady brings such a unique game that he doesn’t lose a puck battle on the boards or in front of the net and when you think someone is getting the puck first , Brady outmuscles him
Feb. 27 at 11:57 p.m.

If you want to point at Kyrou for that goal you can do that. But there's 3 other guys at fault there mainly the first one. Perunovich lost a board battle on an extremely poor effort on it (likely PTSD of his injury a coupe of seasons ago and a big issue of his), Then Thomas missed a stick check, likely assuming that Perunovich would push the puck forwards like 90% of defenseman in the league would be able to on that play, Buch was sitting on the wall behind the guy and made about the effort Thomas did on missing a stick check missing, which led to Kyrou jumping over to the other side and doing the same the 3 forwards before had done. The critical error was on Perunovich, but if you want to call a guy jumping over as a weak side winger to the other slot right below the circle the problem you are entitled to.
Feb. 28 at 12:00 a.m.
Brady brings such a unique game that he doesn’t lose a puck battle on the boards or in front of the net and when you think someone is getting the puck first , Brady outmuscles him

I’m aware. I know you are frustrated and wouldn’t actually want to do this trade. I’m just befuddled that any Blues fan would say they wouldn’t do it. They don’t want to trade any of the roster players that any other team might want unless get unrealistic return, and they don’t want to trade picks and prospects to get NHL players. But they want the team to get better…
Feb. 28 at 12:05 a.m.
If you want to point at Kyrou for that goal you can do that. But there's 3 other guys at fault there mainly the first one. Perunovich lost a board battle on an extremely poor effort on it (likely PTSD of his injury a coupe of seasons ago and a big issue of his), Then Thomas missed a stick check, likely assuming that Perunovich would push the puck forwards like 90% of defenseman in the league would be able to on that play, Buch was sitting on the wall behind the guy and made about the effort Thomas did on missing a stick check missing, which led to Kyrou jumping over to the other side and doing the same the 3 forwards before had done. The critical error was on Perunovich, but if you want to call a guy jumping over as a weak side winger to the other slot right below the circle the problem you are entitled to.

@noted

You shouldn’t be judged on one play. But that being said, can you tell me where the issue is on this play?

https://x.com/predsnhl/status/1762648543074918714?s=46&t=ed2jnLdDzewOz3jfuFRy1A

Again just like watching highlights of goals against on other teams or teams that are struggling for an unknown reason and I find myself puzzled what 2 or 3 guys are doing during a lot of plays for the Sens
Feb. 28 at 12:08 a.m.

I agree it was mainly on Perunovich. I don’t want to be hating on Kyrou always. People come to this site to make trades and explore other fan bases thoughts. The amount of Blues fans that act like Kyrou is a future HOFer and ignore any deficiencies though befuddles me
Feb. 28 at 12:09 a.m.
good thing stutzle took less money to win eh 😂😂😂😂

“this group is special. i could have easily signed for three or four years and said let’s see what happens. but i’m just so confident that we’re going to be a good team”

oops 😬😬
Feb. 28 at 12:13 a.m.
noted

You shouldn’t be judged on one play. But that being said, can you tell me where the issue is on this play?

https://x.com/predsnhl/status/1762648543074918714?s=46&t=ed2jnLdDzewOz3jfuFRy1A

Again just like watching highlights of goals against on other teams or teams that are struggling for an unknown reason and I find myself puzzled what 2 or 3 guys are doing during a lot of plays for the Sens

That could be their coaching. I don’t know what Brady is doing in the D corner as a winger there, but it looks like he was anticipating his team getting control and knocking it back. Fair enough. I would still bet on Brady being a superstar over Kyrou but to each their own.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll