SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Markstrom Hanifin

Created by: RedWings777
Published: Mar. 2 at 11:14 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 47/192 (24%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams exceeds the 23 player roster limit

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,468,750011-------2.560.914
Hanifin, NoahCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,211,719011---59112334--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holl, JustinDetroit Red WingsNHL-$832,292011---35055--
Berggren, JonatanWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---9235--
Söderblom, ElmerWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---0000--
Wallinder, WilliamWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,548,5962244654811
Change$1,848,177-122110
Final$3,396,773 (↑)21 (↓)46 (↑)67 (↑)5 (↑)9 (↑)11-9-15-24

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Holl, JustinDetroit Red WingsNHL-$832,292011---35055--
Berggren, JonatanWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---9235--
Söderblom, ElmerWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---0000--
Wallinder, WilliamWaivers ExemptDetroit Red WingsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,468,750011-------2.560.914
Hanifin, NoahCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,211,719011---59112334--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,000,2382346773613
Change-$1,848,1771-2-2-1-10
Final$1,152,061 (↓)24 (↑)44 (↓)75 (↓)2 (↓)5 (↓)1391524
Mar. 2 at 11:24 a.m.
Edited Mar. 2 at 11:32 a.m.
Conroy would have to really like one of those prospects to do this. AFAIK Berggren is the best of the bunch but he's a left shot winger too, the very last thing Calgary needs more of.

Not sure about the other two prospects but if they have some speed and/or skill this might not be very far off. No retention on either Flames player, a couple picks and prospects with good size. Probably just needs a decent roster player or a prospect that fits Calgary's needs better than Berggren (IOW a center or even a right shot winger).
Mar. 2 at 1:34 p.m.
Detroit declines. Too much to give up.

Calgary also declines. They can receive more efficient returns individually.
Mar. 2 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: CoachCoach
Detroit declines. Too much to give up.

Calgary also declines. They can receive more efficient returns individually.

I won't debate you on the value for Detroit, you're the Wings fan and you can guess better than I what they want to do, I'm more interested in the Calgary side.. you are correct, the Flames may get better returns individually, but upon breaking this one down, I'm thinking it must be:

Wallinder and the 1st for Hanifin? Then Berggren, Soderblom, Holl and a 2nd for Markstrom.. I'm not sure that Calgary would decline that to be honest with you. Word is they may be looking to add a veteran D man to replace the lost Hanifin, Holl would be a reasonable option perhaps, but I wish he only had one more year left, not two.

But bringing in Berggren, giving him the shot he wants, Soderblom as a large center prospect to work with, future Backlund replacement perhaps, excellent LD prospect Wallinder, a 1st and a 2nd.... doesn't seem too shabby in the end.
Mar. 2 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: Augustus
I won't debate you on the value for Detroit, you're the Wings fan and you can guess better than I what they want to do, I'm more interested in the Calgary side.. you are correct, the Flames may get better returns individually, but upon breaking this one down, I'm thinking it must be:

Wallinder and the 1st for Hanifin? Then Berggren, Soderblom, Holl and a 2nd for Markstrom.. I'm not sure that Calgary would decline that to be honest with you. Word is they may be looking to add a veteran D man to replace the lost Hanifin, Holl would be a reasonable option perhaps, but I wish he only had one more year left, not two.

But bringing in Berggren, giving him the shot he wants, Soderblom as a large center prospect to work with, future Backlund replacement perhaps, excellent LD prospect Wallinder, a 1st and a 2nd.... doesn't seem too shabby in the end.

That’s fair. Wallinder and a 1st for Hanifin seems fair, burgers standing with SY could make him added value to ensure CAL accepts.

Soda is a W, not a center. YouTube his first stint in the NHL, if nothing else was known about him he would be coveted much more. He is still a long shot, but probably a safe prospect move if needed.

Holl leaving would be beneficial for Detroit. No need to move him ASAP, but it does add space. I would think Maata is more suited as a player teams would prefer for cap.

I just don’t see how the cap would work adding Hanifin (extension), Markstrom, Seider/Razor/Veleno raises. More would be needed and could potentially hurt the roster down the line.

It was more so on the basis of CGY / NJD rumors. Not sure if the retention was an issue, or if it was other factors.
Mar. 2 at 10:17 p.m.
That’s fair. Wallinder and a 1st for Hanifin seems fair, burgers standing with SY could make him added value to ensure CAL accepts.

Soda is a W, not a center. YouTube his first stint in the NHL, if nothing else was known about him he would be coveted much more. He is still a long shot, but probably a safe prospect move if needed.

Holl leaving would be beneficial for Detroit. No need to move him ASAP, but it does add space. I would think Maata is more suited as a player teams would prefer for cap.

I just don’t see how the cap would work adding Hanifin (extension), Markstrom, Seider/Razor/Veleno raises. More would be needed and could potentially hurt the roster down the line.

It was more so on the basis of CGY / NJD rumors. Not sure if the retention was an issue, or if it was other factors.

Ah, perhaps he was earlier, these dang multitude of sites with different listed positions haha. Anyway, you did show me a youtube clip of his first NHL stint in a prior post wink

The cap issues are pertinent. Detroit does need to get Raymond and Seider done, probably want to re-up Kane for a couple of years at around 4-5m per.

There's an intense argument happening in my Nsh/Njd goalie thread about the Marky stuff lol. All I know is that the first round of talks failed probably because of retention on Markstrom, but that the Devils are circling back around, saying they might be OK with no retention now. It'll play out when it plays out.
Mar. 2 at 10:25 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
Conroy would have to really like one of those prospects to do this. AFAIK Berggren is the best of the bunch but he's a left shot winger too, the very last thing Calgary needs more of.

Not sure about the other two prospects but if they have some speed and/or skill this might not be very far off. No retention on either Flames player, a couple picks and prospects with good size. Probably just needs a decent roster player or a prospect that fits Calgary's needs better than Berggren (IOW a center or even a right shot winger).

Pelletier had a decent stint as a RW with Huberdeau last year didn't he? The Flames could try him as a left shooting RW. The more competition the better. Kuzmenko will be gone after next year at the latest, Coleman and Backlund won't last forever, Mangiapane is getting into his "what am I doing with my career" years. I hear you, but I don't mind it, nonetheless.
Mar. 2 at 11:01 p.m.
Pelletier had a decent stint as a RW with Huberdeau last year didn't he? The Flames could try him as a left shooting RW. The more competition the better. Kuzmenko will be gone after next year at the latest, Coleman and Backlund won't last forever, Mangiapane is getting into his "what am I doing with my career" years. I hear you, but I don't mind it, nonetheless.

The teams biggest need for years has been a good top 6 right shot forward. Not necessarily to play RW either.
Mar. 2 at 11:03 p.m.
The teams biggest need for years has been a good top 6 right shot forward.

Indeed, but it doesn't need to be THIS deal that gets it. There are still many opportunities coming up (Coleman, Andersson, Backlund, guys like this could eventually get major hauls on the market, whether in a year, or two... or sooner?). Or Coronato in a year or two?
Mar. 2 at 11:05 p.m.
Indeed, but it doesn't need to be THIS deal that gets it. There are still many opportunities coming up (Coleman, Andersson, Backlund, guys like this could eventually get major hauls on the market, whether in a year, or two... or sooner?). Or Coronato in a year or two?

No sense loading up even more on the one player type we're already overloaded on. Left shot winger.
Mar. 2 at 11:06 p.m.
No sense loading up even more on the one player type we're already overloaded on. Left shot winger.

That part is fair.
Mar. 3 at 12:39 a.m.
Ah, perhaps he was earlier, these dang multitude of sites with different listed positions haha. Anyway, you did show me a youtube clip of his first NHL stint in a prior post wink

The cap issues are pertinent. Detroit does need to get Raymond and Seider done, probably want to re-up Kane for a couple of years at around 4-5m per.

There's an intense argument happening in my Nsh/Njd goalie thread about the Marky stuff lol. All I know is that the first round of talks failed probably because of retention on Markstrom, but that the Devils are circling back around, saying they might be OK with no retention now. It'll play out when it plays out.

The only D I would want to move Wallinder for would be Hanifin (present time availability). I would be perfectly happy hoping he and Edvinsson spearhead the left side.

My apologies I didn’t realize you were the one I linked that video. I am still convinced it’s an anomaly because I don’t understand how someone looks like that and just falls off lol.

The Markstrom dilemma is odd because it seems like they would have received an absolute haul, and that worries me what Detroit would need to part with to obtain him, for only one more season.
Mar. 3 at 12:40 a.m.
@augustus also, how about them flames? 5 straight heater 🔥
Mar. 3 at 12:47 a.m.
Edited Mar. 3 at 1:04 a.m.
augustus also, how about them flames? 5 straight heater 🔥

About Marky, would be 2 more seasons, but still, he's an older guy, and Detroit would have to be convinced that the next 2-3 years are the ones to go for it, instead of 3-6 years from now.

I was just watching it, whatever one says about the overall group on paper right now, the Flames seem to be building the right culture this season. Guys like Kadri, Coleman, Backlund, Weegar, even someone destined to leave like Hanifin or Markstrom (always a leader), are showing the way, and everyone appears to be buying in.

There is one side that says the higher the pick, the better, so tank whatever you do, and I get that, but it is also important that players like Zary and Pospisil, and now Pelletier, are playing meaningful games at this time of year. That experience is really important too.

And yeah, who knows on Soderblom. Sometimes a person just loses the fire to compete and play, maybe?
CoachCoach and MoxNix liked this.
Mar. 3 at 2:33 a.m.
Correct two years. Personally I still think the Wings are 2-3 years away (beginning of the season I had an ACGM stating that was my thought). They have since over-exceeded expectations but now I’m afraid last season’s crater could happen again (over exaggeration to Florida game).

Realistically though, unless SY sees his goal expedited by this season’s result, his plan has worked. Once guys like Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Soda, Burgers (unless part of a big move), Ed, Wallinder, ASP, Cossa, Augustine start filing in for the “inflated signings” is when Detroit can start swinging a big stick and going after big ticket items like Hanifin and Markstrom.
MoxNix and Augustus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll