Published: Mar. 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
WSH
    Ottawa picks him up on waivers
    OTT
    1. 2024 4th round pick (CHI)
    NSH
    1. Kubalik, Dominik ($1,250,000 retained)
    OTT
    1. Broberg, Philip
    2. Brown, Connor
    3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
    EDM
    1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,500,000 retained)
    OTT
    1. Hayton, Barrett
    Additional Details:
    needs a change of scenery and Ottawa needs a LW
    ARI
    1. Brännström, Erik
    Additional Details:
    Brannstrom needs a change of scenery and Arizona needs a defenseman with some puck skills.
    OTT
    1. Whitecloud, Zach
    Additional Details:
    This saves Vegas $1.95M for next season and the following 4 seasons with a lot of UFA's they's like to re-sign. Plus JBD isn the more productive of the two.... Would definitely interest the Knights.
    VGK
    1. Bernard-Docker, Jacob
    2. 2024 4th round pick (OTT)
    Additional Details:
    Is a somewhat cheap top 4 defenseman who plays the RD side. The bonus is he has history and success playing with Chabot at The World Championships.
    OTT
    1. 2025 3rd round pick (CAR)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the OTT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$83,500,000$78,694,047$0$5,075,000$4,805,953
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $8,205,714$8,205,714
    LW
    UFA - 5
    $8,350,000$8,350,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $1,775,000$1,775,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $762,500$762,500
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $916,667$916,667
    LD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 5
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $775,000$775,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 3
    $7,950,000$7,950,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 3 at 1:07 a.m.
    Easy pass from Arizona. Hayton gets top line minutes, he doesn’t need a change of scenery
    Mar. 3 at 4:22 a.m.
    These seem to overvalue OTT players to varying degrees.

Kubalik likely doesn't even return a 5th at this point
    Tarasenko isn't returning a 1st + EDM's top D prospect
    Hayton is a tough one to judge the value of so I can't fault you there
    Whitecloud is a vital piece of VGS' blueline and won't be traded at the deadline (they have cap space from LTIR... unfortunately)
    Mar. 3 at 5:40 a.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: SupremeBone
    These seem to overvalue OTT players to varying degrees.

Kubalik likely doesn't even return a 5th at this point
    Tarasenko isn't returning a 1st + EDM's top D prospect
    Hayton is a tough one to judge the value of so I can't fault you there
    Whitecloud is a vital piece of VGS' blueline and won't be traded at the deadline (they have cap space from LTIR... unfortunately)

Kubalik will interest someone, I mean he is a former 30 goal scorer. Someone who thinks they can get out of him what Ottawa couldn't... I can see him gouing somewhere that has a great PP because he can really add to it with that 1-timer. But I think he might fetcj a 4th if Ottawa eats half his cap hit.

Tank I think could fetch it... I know Edm is reluctant to move Broberg, but I could see Edm get desperate enough. Especially if Vegas adds a big piece with the cap space they just opened up, then there's Colorado. Dallas added one of the bigger defensive pieces.... I think it's possible with as many as 5-7 teams asking about him according to reports out of Ottawa and Toronto. Staios has stated he wants a strong prospect and a 2nd rd pick.... The pick becomes a first if Ottawa eats 50% of his cap hit.

Hayton seems like a kid who needs a change of scenery. He only has 7 points in 28GP.... Brannstrom is also a kid that needs a change of scenery. He'd get PP time in Arizona and the Yotes need a defenseman than can carry the puck, and he's not bad defensively.

Whitecloud is ranked 6th in Vegas on TOI value for defernseman (Pietrangelo 23:49, S. Theodore 23:01, A. Martinez 19:44, B. McNabb 19:24, N. Hague 18:17) all these defenseman play more minutes than Whitecloud. JBD also plays the 6th amount of minutes for the Sens. Exchange is Vegas gets younger, and cheaper, Ottawa gains experience and finally a partner for Chabot who he has played with and had success with.
    Mar. 3 at 5:51 a.m.
    Quoting: Riddick19
    Kubalik will interest someone, I mean he is a former 30 goal scorer. Someone who thinks they can get out of him what Ottawa couldn't... I can see him gouing somewhere that has a great PP because he can really add to it with that 1-timer. But I think he might fetcj a 4th if Ottawa eats half his cap hit.

Tank I think could fetch it... I know Edm is reluctant to move Broberg, but I could see Edm get desperate enough. Especially if Vegas adds a big piece with the cap space they just opened up, then there's Colorado. Dallas added one of the bigger defensive pieces.... I think it's possible with as many as 5-7 teams asking about him according to reports out of Ottawa and Toronto. Staios has stated he wants a strong prospect and a 2nd rd pick.... The pick becomes a first if Ottawa eats 50% of his cap hit.

Hayton seems like a kid who needs a change of scenery. He only has 7 points in 28GP.... Brannstrom is also a kid that needs a change of scenery. He'd get PP time in Arizona and the Yotes need a defenseman than can carry the puck, and he's not bad defensively.

Whitecloud is ranked 6th in Vegas on TOI value for defernseman (Pietrangelo 23:49, S. Theodore 23:01, A. Martinez 19:44, B. McNabb 19:24, N. Hague 18:17) all these defenseman play more minutes than Whitecloud. JBD also plays the 6th amount of minutes for the Sens. Exchange is Vegas gets younger, and cheaper, Ottawa gains experience and finally a partner for Chabot who he has played with and had success with.

Kubalik is far more a consistent net-negative than he is a former 30-goal scorer

I don't think desperation will come into play given the number of options on the board. I think the most it could end up is either the 1st or Broberg + 2nd. Agree to disagree.

ARI isn't severely lacking in puck-moving ability and I'm not even sure that Brannstrom does get PP time there. Both Durzi & Moser are talented puck movers and doing the job more than well enough. That being said, I can see them being interested in Brannstrom as a reclamation project.

My point regarding Whitecloud is more that VGS seems to have set-up their contract structure with him as a key cog. They wouldn't have given him that kind of term if they only viewed him as a #6 D. If I were guessing, I'd predict they hope to have him and Hague step up once Theodore's next contract kicks in. I could be wrong but I don't think they view him as expendable given the LTIR space they just opened up and especially not when heading into the playoffs (note his 8 points and +14 in last year's Cup run).
    Mar. 3 at 7:10 a.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: SupremeBone
    Kubalik is far more a consistent net-negative than he is a former 30-goal scorer

I don't think desperation will come into play given the number of options on the board. I think the most it could end up is either the 1st or Broberg + 2nd. Agree to disagree.

ARI isn't severely lacking in puck-moving ability and I'm not even sure that Brannstrom does get PP time there. Both Durzi & Moser are talented puck movers and doing the job more than well enough. That being said, I can see them being interested in Brannstrom as a reclamation project.

My point regarding Whitecloud is more that VGS seems to have set-up their contract structure with him as a key cog. They wouldn't have given him that kind of term if they only viewed him as a #6 D. If I were guessing, I'd predict they hope to have him and Hague step up once Theodore's next contract kicks in. I could be wrong but I don't think they view him as expendable given the LTIR space they just opened up and especially not when heading into the playoffs (note his 8 points and +14 in last year's Cup run).

He signed that deal before last season started... I mean Vegas has the deepest defense corpse in the league. I mean to keep that they had to pay these guys. Which they did... I mean his career high in points is 19 I believe 22 max I'm pretty sure. But he's mobile, and I don't believe they knew their defense was going to be this strong for this long. Plus they have Miromanov, and Korczak on RD as well. I just think he might be a piece that is expendable come this offseason. Plus adding a 1st round pick (JBD) who is better offensively, keeps them deep. Vegas will need cap space come offseason as Lehner plans on playing. Maybe they can move him? Doubtful though as he hasn't played in 2 years and for a goaltender that's pretty much it.... But he wants to salvage his career, and he's broke so he can't retire. But if Vegas wants to re-sign Marchessault, Stephenson, and Martinez? They will need to clear some cap space somehow, and the 6th most used defenseman on the team sounds like a good place to cut from. Especially if you're getting a solid piece and a decent draft pick coming back the other way.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll