C
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$846,667$846,667
C, LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 1
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 6 at 4:38 p.m.
Perreault is going to be the asking price almost certainly
Mar. 6 at 4:39 p.m.
Tate McRae Obsessed
Quoting: seanrushton

u r high....not giving up our #1 prospect for a rental....even if it was 1 for 1 heck no....i don't mind a package starting with one of our 1sts and berard/sykora/othmann
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 6 at 4:39 p.m.
Tate McRae Obsessed
Quoting: PerraultToBroadwaySoon
u r high....not giving up our #1 prospect for a rental....even if it was 1 for 1 heck no....i don't mind a package starting with one of our 1sts in years to come and berard/sykora/othmann
Mar. 6 at 4:41 p.m.
u r high....not giving up our #1 prospect for a rental....even if it was 1 for 1 heck no....i don't mind a package starting with one of our 1sts and berard/sykora/othmann

I never said that you're gonna give it up... but it is gonna be the asking price... he's one of only a couple of prospects who have some value in your system and Dubas wants prospects not picks
Mar. 6 at 4:53 p.m.
GM
I never said that you're gonna give it up... but it is gonna be the asking price... he's one of only a couple of prospects who have some value in your system and Dubas wants prospects not picks

and if Dubas holds on that asking price, Guentzel will not be traded
Fox_Czar_Cup and DragonKnight liked this.
Mar. 6 at 5:09 p.m.

No one is gonna give up their top prospect for Guentzel…Dubas can ask but he’ll fail
Fox_Czar_Cup and seanrushton liked this.
Mar. 6 at 8:05 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Ruhwedel trade sure if you really want to give the Pens picks for an AHL level guy they will take it.

The Guentzel trade ain't happening. Not enough to even start the convo

Quoting: GM69

none of that is true.
Mar. 7 at 8:33 a.m.
GM
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Ruhwedel trade sure if you really want to give the Pens picks for an AHL level guy they will take it.

The Guentzel trade ain't happening. Not enough to even start the convo

none of that is true.

Yeah there isn't a chance Guentzel gets a prospect the caliber of Perreault as a rental. Not a chance. If that is the "holding price" and Dubas doesn't accept less, he won't be traded. Dubas is going to be forced to take the best offer come the TDL Friday. No team will pony up what you are asking for here.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 7 at 9:06 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Yeah there isn't a chance Guentzel gets a prospect the caliber of Perreault as a rental. Not a chance. If that is the "holding price" and Dubas doesn't accept less, he won't be traded. Dubas is going to be forced to take the best offer come the TDL Friday. No team will pony up what you are asking for here.

you're wrong on all of that.
You keep thinking they "have" to move him. They don't if they don't get what they want they will just hold him.
Believe me, a late 1st, taking on a cap dump and a low level prospect isn't missing anything to help the team.
Fact is they already have offers, he's most likely going to VGK. The delay in the trade being announced I think is more respect to JR who they are giving time to.
You are just angry that you can't get him for nothing. You think you should be able to fleece other teams just because you think you're so special. But it doesn't work that way and your attitude of "they have to" will always end up with you being disappointed in the fact that teams don't "have" to do anything. They aren't the ones still in the race for a cup trying to keep up with other teams.
If anything it's the opposite.
The window in NY is closing with Panarin and Kreider both turning 33 next year. You're high round picks in Kakko and Lafrenière don't look capable of carrying a team.
So you can either go for it, spend the assets and improve your chances... or just fizzle out.
Believe me as a Pens fan I get this, they emptied the cupboards in order to win, and got 2 cups out of it.
So when you say, so and so is untouchable, and they will never do that, you are basically saying, you aren't all in on an aging core that has what 1-2 years left to win.
OK cool, good luck with that. Hope your rebuild after not winning anything goes well, as Othmann isn't going to carry the team any better than Kakko or Lafrenière is.
But you need to learn that with a wasted year on an aging core.
Mar. 7 at 9:22 a.m.
Tate McRae Obsessed
You keep thinking they "have" to move him. They don't if they don't get what they want they will just hold him.
Believe me, a late 1st, taking on a cap dump and a low level prospect isn't missing anything to help the team.
Fact is they already have offers, he's most likely going to VGK. The delay in the trade being announced I think is more respect to JR who they are giving time to.
You are just angry that you can't get him for nothing. You think you should be able to fleece other teams just because you think you're so special. But it doesn't work that way and your attitude of "they have to" will always end up with you being disappointed in the fact that teams don't "have" to do anything. They aren't the ones still in the race for a cup trying to keep up with other teams.
The window in NY is closing with Panarin and Kreider both turning 33 next year. You're high round picks in Kakko and Lafrenière don't look capable of carrying a team.
So you can either go for it, spend the assets and improve your chances... or just fizzle out.
Believe me as a Pens fan I get this, they emptied the cupboards in order to win, and got 2 cups out of it.
So when you say, so and so is untouchable, and they will never do that, you are basically saying, you aren't all in on an aging core that has what 1-2 years left to win.
OK cool, good luck with that. Hope your rebuild after not winning anything goes well, as Othmann isn't going to carry the team any better than Kakko or Lafrenière is.

so kakko is a cap dump got it.....and sykora is a low level prospect, he was a 1st round pick for crying out loud...got u

at least we aren't rebuilding with elite 35-37 year olds on the team like some dumb teams and gm
GM69 liked this.
Mar. 7 at 9:23 a.m.
GM

I never once said the trade posted passes through. I have no animosity or anger at all, I'm simply stating your point that Guentzel will remain with the Pens if Dubas expects a Perreault caliber prospect which is what you were stating in the comments. At that point Pens can either resign or let him go as a UFA. Vegas doesn't have any true top prospects (if you check the links you'll see none in wheelers top 75 and only Edstrom at 53 on THW January list) so you'll be settling for picks (which they traded this years 2nd, 4th and 5th and next years 1st and 3rd). This happens every season where fans think they are going to get the absolute moon for their players and it just doesn't happen.

https://theathletic.com/5303482/2024/03/04/top-nhl-prospects-2024-matvei-michkov/

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Pens emptying the cupboards? Pens never traded a prospect of the caliber you are speaking of. They made NHL deals with their players like Whitney, Staal, Sheary, etc; but the only true prospect of note that went on to do anything (that they traded all the way from 2009 to current) was Gustavsson (and on a lesser note Kapanen, before they reacquired him). They traded mainly picks.

It seems you are hurt for me saying Pittsburgh won't get the caliber of the player you want them to include (but also apparently won't help NYR at all so why do you want them in the first place?).
Mar. 7 at 9:33 a.m.
SkateOrDie
I never once said the trade posted passes through. I have no animosity or anger at all, I'm simply stating your point that Guentzel will remain with the Pens if Dubas expects a Perreault caliber prospect which is what you were stating in the comments. At that point Pens can either resign or let him go as a UFA. Vegas doesn't have any true top prospects (if you check the links you'll see none in wheelers top 75 and only Edstrom at 53 on THW January list) so you'll be settling for picks (which they traded this years 2nd, 4th and 5th and next years 1st and 3rd). This happens every season where fans think they are going to get the absolute moon for their players and it just doesn't happen.

https://theathletic.com/5303482/2024/03/04/top-nhl-prospects-2024-matvei-michkov/

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Pens emptying the cupboards? Pens never traded a prospect of the caliber you are speaking of. They made NHL deals with their players like Whitney, Staal, Sheary, etc; but the only true prospect of note that went on to do anything (that they traded all the way from 2009 to current) was Gustavsson (and on a lesser note Kapanen, before they reacquired him). They traded mainly picks.

It seems you are hurt for me saying Pittsburgh won't get the caliber of the player you want them to include (but also apparently won't help NYR at all so why do you want them in the first place?).

You are wrong on every point here.
You keep knocking vegas as if Brisson and Dorofeyev can't be moved.

Kapanan was a very highly respected draft pick, more so than say Othmann. when they moved him for kessel.
So don't tell me the penguins didn't empty the cupboards, they did.

You seem hurt by the fact you can't fleece teams.
You been playing too much NHL 2024.
You aren't the only team with pieces to trade. If you want a guy who nets 40 goals you are going to pay to get him.
You seem to think the pressure is on the penguins. It's not.
When you make a weak offer, they don't "miss out" on something by not doing business with you.
You however do miss out on improving a team who's core is aging that they have spent a lot of money on to try to win a cup.
You don't have many years left to realistically do that. I can tell you now if the penguins Have Sid Malkin and Letang and the cup window closed at about 35,
You can bet Panarin and Kreider as your two best goal scorers being 32 ain't going to fair much better.
So what are you going to do with your window?
Be too cheap to take a real shot at it. Win nothing, and they realize the "untouchable" prospects turn out to be like Kakko.
Or move them for a proven guy and make a run for the cup before you are rebuilding. Because I hate to break it to you, the league isn't going to hand you any more gifts after giving you a 10a and 20a simply because NY is a big market team. You got your shots at that. Turns out they aren't franchise level players.
Mar. 7 at 9:37 a.m.
SkateOrDie
so kakko is a cap dump got it.....and sykora is a low level prospect, he was a 1st round pick for crying out loud...got u

at least we aren't rebuilding with elite 35-37 year olds on the team like some dumb teams and gm

I really hate to break the obvious to you. But a 5 year player who manages 11 points in 44 games, isn't a prize.
At some point you aren't where you were drafted and are what you do on the ice. He ain't done anything.
Mar. 7 at 10:33 a.m.
Tate McRae Obsessed
I really hate to break the obvious to you. But a 5 year player who manages 11 points in 44 games, isn't a prize.
At some point you aren't where you were drafted and are what you do on the ice. He ain't done anything.

have you seen our record with kakko in the lineup? also how is a player making a little bit more than 2 mil overpaid?
Mar. 7 at 10:47 a.m.
GM
Edited Mar. 7 at 10:55 a.m.
You are wrong on every point here.
You keep knocking vegas as if Brisson and Dorofeyev can't be moved.

Kapanan was a very highly respected draft pick, more so than say Othmann. when they moved him for kessel.
So don't tell me the penguins didn't empty the cupboards, they did.

You seem hurt by the fact you can't fleece teams.
You been playing too much NHL 2024.
You aren't the only team with pieces to trade. If you want a guy who nets 40 goals you are going to pay to get him.
You seem to think the pressure is on the penguins. It's not.
When you make a weak offer, they don't "miss out" on something by not doing business with you.
You however do miss out on improving a team who's core is aging that they have spent a lot of money on to try to win a cup.
You don't have many years left to realistically do that. I can tell you now if the penguins Have Sid Malkin and Letang and the cup window closed at about 35,
You can bet Panarin and Kreider as your two best goal scorers being 32 ain't going to fair much better.
So what are you going to do with your window?
Be too cheap to take a real shot at it. Win nothing, and they realize the "untouchable" prospects turn out to be like Kakko.
Or move them for a proven guy and make a run for the cup before you are rebuilding. Because I hate to break it to you, the league isn't going to hand you any more gifts after giving you a 10a and 20a simply because NY is a big market team. You got your shots at that. Turns out they aren't franchise level players.

Oh that's why Kapanen was on TSNs top prospect rankings in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.. oh wait he wasn't. Because while he was a decent prospect, he was never a top prospect. He may have been for Pittsburgh, but that speaks more to the quality of the drafting by the team and the prospect pool you had at the time. You say they "emptied the cupboards" but that's one prospect. You held onto Guentzel didn't you? Tampa held onto Point, Cirelli, Sergachev, Foote didn't they (Specifically during McDonagh/Miller trade)? St Louis held onto Kyrou and Thomas didn't they? Teams that win cups generally keep the specific top tier prospects they have.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-30-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.183391
https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669
https://www.tsn.ca/who-are-the-best-players-not-skating-in-the-nhl-1.677389
https://www.tsn.ca/cupboard-is-stocked-for-up-and-coming-canucks-1.989909

Perreault was 7th this year (D+1)
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/cutter-gauthier-alexander-nikishin-lead-craig-button-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-list-1.2079455

Othmann was 12th in 2022 (D+1)
https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-d-owen-power-craig-button-s-annual-top-prospects-list-1.1784411

Now I can try to educate you on the business side of hockey. Something you may not (and do not seem to) grasp.
I would bet money that Pens will 100% trade him by the deadline tomorrow. I do not see them risking him walking in UFA. As you said, Pens have an aging core so they need to acquire as many assets for the future as possible. So there is plenty of pressure on the Pens. If they keep too high of a price for too long, teams will go to their backup options (Duclair, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Eberle, Vatrano, etc). The more teams that back out, the less of a market there is for a player, lowering the competition, lowering the price. Dubas is going to do the best possible to get the best package, but in the end, he will accept the top offer still out there. Whether or not its up to your (lofty) standards, is another question.

Right now there are four teams in on Guentzel-- Carolina (who never makes the big swing), Vancouver (who would need a third party to trade Lindholm as reported), Vegas (who already traded for Mantha AND Hanfin), and NYR.

It's already been reported that NYR declined Henrique & Vatrano (retention was involved) for Kakko & 1st. They just aren't going to overpay. Which likely mean names like Othmann & Perreault are just off the table.

We will see what Guentzel goes for, but I would bet that it's not going to be up to what you have been saying.

You can keep responding if you wish, but I'm done with you.

**EDIT** Vancouver is also signing Kessel so they are likely out as they appear to have gone elsewhere for a winger
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 7 at 10:59 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Oh that's why Kapanen was on TSNs top prospect rankings in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.. oh wait he wasn't. Because while he was a decent prospect, he was never a top prospect. He may have been for Pittsburgh, but that speaks more to the quality of the drafting by the team and the prospect pool you had at the time. You say they "emptied the cupboards" but that's one prospect. You held onto Guentzel didn't you? Tampa held onto Point, Cirelli, Sergachev, Foote didn't they (Specifically during McDonagh/Miller trade)? St Louis held onto Kyrou and Thomas didn't they? Teams that win cups generally keep the specific top tier prospects they have.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-30-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.183391
https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669
https://www.tsn.ca/who-are-the-best-players-not-skating-in-the-nhl-1.677389
https://www.tsn.ca/cupboard-is-stocked-for-up-and-coming-canucks-1.989909

Perreault was 7th this year (D+1)
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/cutter-gauthier-alexander-nikishin-lead-craig-button-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-list-1.2079455

Othmann was 12th in 2022 (D+1)
https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-d-owen-power-craig-button-s-annual-top-prospects-list-1.1784411

Now I can try to educate you on the business side of hockey. Something you may not (and do not seem to) grasp.
I would bet money that Pens will 100% trade him by the deadline tomorrow. I do not see them risking him walking in UFA. As you said, Pens have an aging core so they need to acquire as many assets for the future as possible. So there is plenty of pressure on the Pens. If they keep too high of a price for too long, teams will go to their backup options (Duclair, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Eberle, Vatrano, etc). The more teams that back out, the less of a market there is for a player, lowering the competition, lowering the price. Dubas is going to do the best possible to get the best package, but in the end, he will accept the top offer still out there. Whether or not its up to your (lofty) standards, is another question.

Right now there are four teams in on Guentzel-- Carolina (who never makes the big swing), Vancouver (who would need a third party to trade Lindholm as reported), Vegas (who already traded for Mantha AND Hanfin), and NYR.

It's already been reported that NYR declined Henrique & Vatrano (retention was involved) for Kakko & 1st. They just aren't going to overpay. Which likely mean names like Othmann & Perreault are just off the table.

We will see what Guentzel goes for, but I would bet that it's not going to be up to what you have been saying.

You can keep responding if you wish, but I'm done with you.

You have way to much faith in TSN.
Over here with comments like, you held onto Guentzel, he was never on a TSN list either. Neither was Rust.
Funny how they did better than other on the TOP 50 prospect list......

Anyway, Othmann is an average prospect. It's not some grand ask. You'll learn that the hard way one way or another.

But at the end of the day facts remain. You have an aging core, and you either spend what it takes to give it help to win a cup, or you watch someone else win it while the core ages out.
That's really what it's all about in the end. You can cling on to hopes and dreams on prospects. That has never been the prize.
Penguins knew this, which is why they sold out every year to win.
You clutch on like it matters thinking any of these prospects are going to be panarin..... guess what, odds really low they are.
But in a blink of an eye Panarin will be 35 and your chances are done, and you find yourself too cheap to have actually gone for it.
Mar. 7 at 11:06 a.m.
SkateOrDie
have you seen our record with kakko in the lineup? also how is a player making a little bit more than 2 mil overpaid?

that's it, all you got to explain 11 points in 40 some games on a 5th year player.
FFS Yakupov 5th year. 9 points in 40 games..... that's the level you are talking about right now. And you over here like.... you see their record.....
Mar. 7 at 12:46 p.m.
Tate McRae Obsessed
that's it, all you got to explain 11 points in 40 some games on a 5th year player.
FFS Yakupov 5th year. 9 points in 40 games..... that's the level you are talking about right now. And you over here like.... you see their record.....

bc kakko plays a more defensive game??? the game isn't about who has the most points....defense is also important....ever hear of defense wins championships???
Mar. 7 at 6:25 p.m.
SkateOrDie
bc kakko plays a more defensive game??? the game isn't about who has the most points....defense is also important....ever hear of defense wins championships???

Yakupov 2.0
Mar. 7 at 6:28 p.m.

This could be the answer why Guentzel remains with the Penguins.
Mar. 7 at 11:34 p.m.
GM
You have way to much faith in TSN.
Over here with comments like, you held onto Guentzel, he was never on a TSN list either. Neither was Rust.
Funny how they did better than other on the TOP 50 prospect list......

Anyway, Othmann is an average prospect. It's not some grand ask. You'll learn that the hard way one way or another.

But at the end of the day facts remain. You have an aging core, and you either spend what it takes to give it help to win a cup, or you watch someone else win it while the core ages out.
That's really what it's all about in the end. You can cling on to hopes and dreams on prospects. That has never been the prize.
Penguins knew this, which is why they sold out every year to win.
You clutch on like it matters thinking any of these prospects are going to be panarin..... guess what, odds really low they are.
But in a blink of an eye Panarin will be 35 and your chances are done, and you find yourself too cheap to have actually gone for it.

May want to delete your account. Return is bunting, two b level prospects and a conditional 1st if Carolina doesn’t make Stanley cup final. As I said, no one is giving up top prospects for him. Couldn’t even get a full 1st rounder with quantity
OldNYIfan and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 7 at 11:43 p.m.
SkateOrDie
May want to delete your account. Return is bunting, two b level prospects and a conditional 1st if Carolina doesn’t make Stanley cup final. As I said, no one is giving up top prospects for him. Couldn’t even get a full 1st rounder with quantity

You might want to delete yours.
THey got a solid roster player in Bunting with 2 years of control.
Koivunein is on the same level as Lekkerimäki or Othmann.

The return wasn't bad, it's not great either.
He's not signing an extension in Carolina. So if he returns back to PIT, then who really lost?
Mar. 8 at 12:11 a.m.
GM
You might want to delete yours.
THey got a solid roster player in Bunting with 2 years of control.
Koivunein is on the same level as Lekkerimäki or Othmann.

The return wasn't bad, it's not great either.
He's not signing an extension in Carolina. So if he returns back to PIT, then who really lost?

Bunting is an almost 29 year old middle sixer, Koivunein is two steps below lekkerimaki and one below Othmann. And no guaranteed 1st. Not one blue chip, as I stated would happen
OldNYIfan and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 8 at 12:15 a.m.
SkateOrDie
Bunting is an almost 29 year old middle sixer, Koivunein is two steps below lekkerimaki and one below Othmann. And no guaranteed 1st. Not one blue chip, as I stated would happen

yeah no.
lekkerimaki play in the SHL is no better than Koivunein in Liga.
Othmann is no different.
Fact is you can't say anything about how any of them actually turn out till they hit the NHL.
You are just blowing smoke at that point.
You over here acting like there is some anointed greatness about lekkerimaki, there isn't.
Better hope he turns into a 40 goal guy and soon. Otherwise you won't live it down.
Mar. 8 at 12:18 a.m.
GM
yeah no.
lekkerimaki play in the SHL is no better than Koivunein in Liga.
Othmann is no different.
Fact is you can't say anything about how any of them actually turn out till they hit the NHL.
You are just blowing smoke at that point.
You over here acting like there is some anointed greatness about lekkerimaki, there isn't.
Better hope he turns into a 40 goal guy and soon. Otherwise you won't live it down.

I just keep repeating in my head “Perreault has to be included” and I’m laughing hysterically

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll