SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Fixing the D core

Created by: trevorstanley21
Published: Mar. 6 at 11:49 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 43/192 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petry, JeffDetroit Red WingsNHL-$524,902011---5221618--
Määttä, OlliDetroit Red WingsNHL-$671,875011---5341115--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
2025 3rd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
2026 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$783,854011---4051015--
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$185,512011---31358--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,000,2382346773613
Change$227,411000-1-20
Final$3,227,649 (↑)2346772 (↓)4 (↓)132-12-10

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,500,000011---4051015--
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$828,333011---31358--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petry, JeffDetroit Red WingsNHL-$2,343,750011---5221618--
Määttä, OlliDetroit Red WingsNHL-$3,000,000011---5341115--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
2025 3rd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
2026 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$5,654,1672346725916
Change-$1,015,417000120
Final$4,638,750 (↓)2346726 (↑)11 (↑)16-21210
Mar. 7 at 12:22 a.m.
This is terrible for Detroit!!!
FriendlyGhost liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:27 a.m.
tstan21
Quoting: aedoran
This is terrible for Detroit!!!

After the performance from the d i’m watching tonight, they are in desperate need. Savard has already been labeled a need for a 1st, and xekjai a 2nd or 3rd. Plus getting rid of petry makes it more difficult
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:39 a.m.
Yeah... This ain't it.
Mar. 7 at 12:56 a.m.
tstan21
Quoting: FriendlyGhost
Yeah... This ain't it.

Neither is this defense going on right now
Mar. 7 at 1:38 a.m.
Quoting: trevorstanley21
Neither is this defense going on right now

Know what's worse? Making a stupid trade that hurts the team in the long run because you need it fixed RIGHT NOW!

This team ain't winning a Cup this year.
Mar. 7 at 4:13 a.m.
After the performance from the d i’m watching tonight, they are in desperate need. Savard has already been labeled a need for a 1st, and xekjai a 2nd or 3rd. Plus getting rid of petry makes it more difficult

This defense is full of place holders. Seider and maybe Walman are the only dmen who aren't place holders.The only correct way to rebuild is through the draft and developing players through your system is the best way to ensure sustained success. Detroit currently has 2 players drafted by Yzerman and only 5 players total that were drafted by Detroit on their roster. With the way Detroit has played this season I think they have opened their playoff window. Now adding big names for futures will increase are chances to win now but they will shorten how long that window stays open. One of the main reasons Detroit's rebuild has taken so long is they tried to keep that window open for too long. So they had almost nothing left in their system and have had to replenish the system before they could start rebuilding their team. I’ve noticed a lot of users on this site either don't have the patients, are incapable of looking past the next 2 seasons or just don't understand how the whole process works. But at this point is another season or 2 that bad when it could add another 10 seasons of being competitive?
Mar. 7 at 9:09 a.m.
tstan21
Know what's worse? Making a stupid trade that hurts the team in the long run because you need it fixed RIGHT NOW!

This team ain't winning a Cup this year.

The team is not close to those cup contenders right now. However, they have the prospects to get there, they just need more time for them to develop. Trades like these won’t hurt them as they’re getting rid of two guys who don’t really have a future with the team, and still having the prospects
Mar. 7 at 9:20 a.m.
tstan21
Quoting: aedoran
This defense is full of place holders. Seider and maybe Walman are the only dmen who aren't place holders.The only correct way to rebuild is through the draft and developing players through your system is the best way to ensure sustained success. Detroit currently has 2 players drafted by Yzerman and only 5 players total that were drafted by Detroit on their roster. With the way Detroit has played this season I think they have opened their playoff window. Now adding big names for futures will increase are chances to win now but they will shorten how long that window stays open. One of the main reasons Detroit's rebuild has taken so long is they tried to keep that window open for too long. So they had almost nothing left in their system and have had to replenish the system before they could start rebuilding their team. I’ve noticed a lot of users on this site either don't have the patients, are incapable of looking past the next 2 seasons or just don't understand how the whole process works. But at this point is another season or 2 that bad when it could add another 10 seasons of being competitive?

I completely understand the need to develop more defensive prospects. However, I think they already have a strong pool in Edvinsson, ASP, Wallinder, Johannsen, and Viro. Edvinsson should be good to go next year, and possibly ASP, but the rest still look like they need more time. This trade keeps better placeholders and makes the team way more competitive. In my opinion, if they were structured defensively all year they could be right up there with Toronto
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 7 at 9:45 a.m.
arber xhekaj is not available. at all.
Mar. 7 at 10:10 a.m.
The team is not close to those cup contenders right now. However, they have the prospects to get there, they just need more time for them to develop. Trades like these won’t hurt them as they’re getting rid of two guys who don’t really have a future with the team, and still having the prospects

Trades like these keep your contention window short because you don't have young players on cheap contracts for depth once the core is getting paid.

Not to mention what you're getting back for selling good picks ain't worth it at all.
Mar. 7 at 11:44 a.m.
tstan21
Trades like these keep your contention window short because you don't have young players on cheap contracts for depth once the core is getting paid.

Not to mention what you're getting back for selling good picks ain't worth it at all.

Cheap contracts for depth shouldn’t be an issue. I see Veleno, Kane, Perron and Sprong taking cheaper deals. Yea, three of them are older but that gives time for kasper and danielson to develop then they’re up at the point when they can be afforded because these veterans will be gone. Also very easy to sign good depth deals for free agency, so if they were drafting, they should draft for more high end players
Mar. 7 at 11:48 a.m.
Cheap contracts for depth shouldn’t be an issue. I see Veleno, Kane, Perron and Sprong taking cheaper deals. Yea, three of them are older but that gives time for kasper and danielson to develop then they’re up at the point when they can be afforded because these veterans will be gone. Also very easy to sign good depth deals for free agency, so if they were drafting, they should draft for more high end players

Kane and Perron will be retired by the time we're talking about our extended contention window. tears of joy
Mar. 7 at 12:38 p.m.
tstan21
Kane and Perron will be retired by the time we're talking about our extended contention window. tears of joy

Exactly, my point being the prospects will replace them and keep it going
Mar. 7 at 2:45 p.m.
Exactly, my point being the prospects will replace them and keep it going

The current prospects will be on their second contracts lol.
Mar. 7 at 3:35 p.m.
tstan21
The current prospects will be on their second contracts lol.

Which the second contracts should be a lot more than their first. So it’s just substituting them out
Mar. 8 at 11:00 p.m.
I completely understand the need to develop more defensive prospects. However, I think they already have a strong pool in Edvinsson, ASP, Wallinder, Johannsen, and Viro. Edvinsson should be good to go next year, and possibly ASP, but the rest still look like they need more time. This trade keeps better placeholders and makes the team way more competitive. In my opinion, if they were structured defensively all year they could be right up there with Toronto

Like it or not Petry is in Detroit until his contract is up and with a $2.3M cap hit it's not that bad. Yzerman can move Maatta in the offseason so there is no reason to pay to move players. Next season we are looking at Walman, Edvinsson and Chariot with Johansson get some time. Yxrtman really likes Chariot so he isn't going anywhere. So adding LHD like Xhekaj would just takes away time from Edvinsson which makes no sense because Edvinsson is so much better. Yzerman more than likely makes signing Roy a priority which is far smarter than giving up assets to get a 33yr old Savard who really isn't all that good. There is a reason he is still in Montreal wetherteams felt he really isn't that good or Montreal was asking too much. Either way we are much better off without Savard.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll