Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,050,000$8,050,000
LD
UFA - 8
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$4,050,000$4,050,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
RFA
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 14 at 9:32 a.m.
flyers don't have a need chychrun if they don't move sanheim/seeler
Borocop liked this.
Mar. 14 at 9:40 a.m.
Most expensive 3rd line in the NHL maybe? Do you think if Norris didn’t get injured they would have traded him?
Borocop liked this.
Mar. 14 at 10:00 a.m.
3 years ago with LA , Grans was almost untouchable. I was surprised when Blake traded him. Seems to be slow to adapt to the pro game, his stock has taken a bit of a step backwards……but he is a RHD so that holds good value.
Borocop liked this.
Mar. 14 at 10:06 a.m.
Greb
Quoting: johum7
flyers don't have a need chychrun if they don't move sanheim/seeler

Sanheim is better as a RD

York - ?
Chychrun - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale

Chychrun fits a need for the Flyers. In response to the The Trade proposed I think the Flyers would accept
Borocop liked this.
Mar. 14 at 10:17 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: Fergy22
3 years ago with LA , Grans was almost untouchable. I was surprised when Blake traded him. Seems to be slow to adapt to the pro game, his stock has taken a bit of a step backwards……but he is a RHD so that holds good value.

He has regressed year over year since he started in the AHL. His future looks like an eyes closed dart throw at this point so thought I would include him as a maybe-but-not-likely future third pair piece for the sens to get the deal over the finish line
Mar. 14 at 10:19 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: OwnGoal
Most expensive 3rd line in the NHL maybe? Do you think if Norris didn’t get injured they would have traded him?

I dont think they would have traded him, but now I dont think they could even if they wanted to
OwnGoal liked this.
Mar. 14 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: Grebby14
Sanheim is better as a RD

York - ?
Chychrun - Sanheim
Seeler - Drysdale

Chychrun fits a need for the Flyers. In response to the The Trade proposed I think the Flyers would accept

york-sanheim/seeler-drysdale/zamula-attard/ginning-andrae, is what i think the ideal scenario is for next year

the trade certainly is a net positive for the flyers in terms of value but chychrun is similar to sanheim and york in that he is a fringe 2D/good 3D. no need to add him when sanheim is signed long-term and york & chychrun are both due extensions. if york wanted out? then yea move him for chychrun, but i wouldn't want all 3 of them on the roster when the other 6 should be getting minutes as well
Mar. 14 at 10:38 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
york-sanheim/seeler-drysdale/zamula-attard/ginning-andrae, is what i think the ideal scenario is for next year

the trade certainly is a net positive for the flyers in terms of value but chychrun is similar to sanheim and york in that he is a fringe 2D/good 3D. no need to add him when sanheim is signed long-term and york & chychrun are both due extensions. if york wanted out? then yea move him for chychrun, but i wouldn't want all 3 of them on the roster when the other 6 should be getting minutes as well

im not a flyers fan so I cant really attest to it, but would seeler not be more ideally suited for a third-pair role on a playoff team? Like he has performed incredibly well in his deployments this year to the point where I totally get why he could play second pair, but would it not be more beneficial to upgrade from zamula to chychrun then just slide the depth down with regards to building a competitive roster? And as much as i think york has a lot of potential as a top 4 defender, i thought getting insulation for that top pair LD role might allow him to really blossom
Grebby14 liked this.
Mar. 14 at 11:30 a.m.
Quoting: Borocop
im not a flyers fan so I cant really attest to it, but would seeler not be more ideally suited for a third-pair role on a playoff team? Like he has performed incredibly well in his deployments this year to the point where I totally get why he could play second pair, but would it not be more beneficial to upgrade from zamula to chychrun then just slide the depth down with regards to building a competitive roster? And as much as i think york has a lot of potential as a top 4 defender, i thought getting insulation for that top pair LD role might allow him to really blossom

he's a 6D on a playoff team ideally, he just blocks a ton of shots and hits a fair amount so many flyers fans have idolized him (when he was a bottom 5 dman in the nhl 2 years ago)

there is also the thing that this is a rebuilding team and that the development of players is more important than building a deep team for next year
Borocop liked this.
Mar. 14 at 12:05 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
he's a 6D on a playoff team ideally, he just blocks a ton of shots and hits a fair amount so many flyers fans have idolized him (when he was a bottom 5 dman in the nhl 2 years ago)

there is also the thing that this is a rebuilding team and that the development of players is more important than building a deep team for next year

agree 100% on the second statement, I would potentially argue that this chychrun deal could do both those things for the flyers though. To me, its a really good buy low opportunity on a guy who has had better years in the past and the team hes being traded from probably sees him as expendable
Mar. 14 at 1:21 p.m.
a late 1st, and 2 C prospects dont get PHI Chych
Mar. 14 at 1:50 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: athrin
a late 1st, and 2 C prospects dont get PHI Chych

I think youre still overvaluing him. Hanafin is a better player and got an incredibly similar return value wise. It could go higher sure, but I dont think this is outside of the range of outcomes at all
Mar. 14 at 2:04 p.m.
I think youre still overvaluing him. Hanafin is a better player and got an incredibly similar return value wise. It could go higher sure, but I dont think this is outside of the range of outcomes at all

this deadline was a buyers deadline, players went below market value. if OTT trade Chych it will be in offseason thus not aa a deadline rental.
Mar. 14 at 2:20 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
this deadline was a buyers deadline, players went below market value. if OTT trade Chych it will be in offseason thus not aa a deadline rental.

I would agree on the state at the TDL, but I am not convinced the 50 regular season games JC would play before the TDL would carry that much more value, nor am I sure about if the league is really going to go back to a sellers market. I think JC is pretty clearly the odd man out in Ottawa and to me that means other teams know he is going to be moved opposed to extended, and I cant imagine other teams are going to overpay knowing that. The extra pre TDL games are worth like an extra future 2nd/3rd round pick IMO. Hes not a "deadline rental" per se, but he would still be a rental of sorts and teams know that. Coupled with his less than extraordinary results on ice this year and I think were looking at a return centered around something like this.

I could be short a pick with some value, but the overall pieces I cant imagine would be that far off
Mar. 14 at 2:21 p.m.
I would agree on the state at the TDL, but I am not convinced the 50 regular season games JC would play before the TDL would carry that much more value, nor am I sure about if the league is really going to go back to a sellers market. I think JC is pretty clearly the odd man out in Ottawa and to me that means other teams know he is going to be moved opposed to extended, and I cant imagine other teams are going to overpay knowing that. The extra pre TDL games are worth like an extra future 2nd/3rd round pick IMO. Hes not a "deadline rental" per se, but he would still be a rental of sorts and teams know that. Coupled with his less than extraordinary results on ice this year and I think were looking at a return centered around something like this.

I could be short a pick with some value, but the overall pieces I cant imagine would be that far off

its 50/50, i think chabot is gone over chych do to him missing 30+ games every year.

there is not value here, these pieces would not help OTT in any way or help them get any top 4 RD they need.
Mar. 14 at 2:23 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
its 50/50, i think chabot is gone over chych do to him missing 30+ games every year.

but chabot and chychrun are similarly impactful on the ice, so why give chabot away for like 1/4 or a half of what you could get in a chychrun trade, who would also want a deal around the same price as chabot?
Mar. 14 at 2:25 p.m.
but chabot and chychrun are similarly impactful on the ice, so why give chabot away for like 1/4 or a half of what you could get in a chychrun trade, who would also want a deal around the same price as chabot?

chabot and chych are pretty much = in all aspects except chabot misses dozens of games a year do to injury, every year, also chych is younger, i think chabot would have slightly more value because he is signed for 4 more years.
Mar. 14 at 2:35 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
chabot and chych are pretty much = in all aspects except chabot misses dozens of games a year do to injury, every year, also chych is younger, i think chabot would have slightly more value because he is signed for 4 more years.

Right but this is also one of JCs healthiest years and one of Chabots least. JC historically misses about 15-20+ games a season himself, its not like hes in a league of his own regarding health compared to chabot.

Chabot being signed for 4 years would be an enticing point for other teams if he was not signed to an 8m aav with an even higher actual salary. That salary cuts the amount of buyers/interested parties by a pretty significant margin. The sens can keep his 8m on the books because we have other team-friendly deals to offset that, other teams dont have that kind of salary structure available to them so the cheaper/shorter term Chychrun is more attainable for pretty much everyone which will drive him to get a more substantial return on the trade market. He and Chabot are both best suited to play behind sanderson at 2LD, but JCs deal makes him far far easier to move/acquire for other teams

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll