Forums/NHL

NHL On Amazon

Created by: Lafleur10
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 18, 2024
Published: Mar. 19, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So if you haven't heard, the NHL is partnering with Amazon to make a series following 10-12 star players for I believe next season, kinda like when the Leafs had their "All For Nothing" series in 2021. Here are players I think should be featured, who do you think should get the spotlight?
Trades
MTL
  1. Ovechkin, Alex
Additional Details:
Easily the most obvious choice imo with him on the cusp of the NHL goal record, he probably won't get it next season but following that story is one of the greatest marketing schemes out there of a NHL tv show.
Alternatively if the NHL/Amazon brings this idea back for the 2025-206 season then have the Ovi episode there and have him break the goal record during filming.
WSH
MTL
  1. Matthews, Auston
Additional Details:
If you can't tell from the user name, I'm a Habs fan so this pains me, but with the Leafs having the biggest market in the game we're almost guaranteed a leafs centric episode, and we'll probably be following this mustachioed idiot for an hour of not ad free television.
TOR
MTL
  1. Bedard, Connor
Additional Details:
Another pretty obvious one, Bedsy is a superstar, not using him from a marketing perspective is idiotic. Unfortunate this show is a year removed from his rookie year but following his season is something a lot of fans of the game, not just Chicago fans, would really enjoy seeing.
CHI
MTL
  1. Hughes, Jack
  2. Hughes, Luke
Additional Details:
From my understanding of the format of the show there will be 10-12 episodes each following a single player.
I think it would be really cool to have an entire episode centered around all three Hughes brothers, with a large portion of the episode being centered around the Devils/Canucks games next year.
If not either Jack or Quinn could probably carry an episode all by themselves, I just think it's cooler to play off the sibling connection.
NJD
MTL
  1. Hughes, Quinn
Additional Details:
^Read above^
VAN
MTL
  1. Shesterkin, Igor
Additional Details:
If I had to pick a single goalie to get his own episode I would pick Flower, because obviously. But we don't know where he'll be next year so Igor and the Rangers would be another really good story to follow, plus the third biggest market in the NHL, plus the consistently competitive team could make for just a good general episode of NHL as television as the Rangers try and make it work another year, kinda an episode following a team that's locked into the cup push.
NYR
MTL
  1. Crosby, Sidney
Additional Details:
He's Sidney Crosby, need I say more?

In all seriousness, one of the greatest players of the past two decades, if not the greatest. The only factor I can see leading to Sid the Kid not getting an episode is the state of the Penguins, are they trying to be competitive, are they retooling, etc.
Still, Crosby is Crosby, he'll put up numbers no matter what state the team is in, and in any case the marketing around him would go off. "Crosby's Legacy", "Crosby's Last Run", a dozen things a tv show could do with Crosby being the icon to the game that he is.
PIT
MTL
  1. Makar, Cale
Additional Details:
The NHL's best defenceman, hopefully not a statement that will lead to any disagreement in the comments. Will be (Probably) 2 years removed from a cup win next season and trying to get back there this could be an episode just following the Avs trying to compete for the cup seen through the focus of Makar being the best defenceman in the league.
COL
MTL
  1. Zegras, Trevor
Additional Details:
One of the league's most marketable players, very dependent on him coming back from injury on time and coming back ready to put up good numbers. Also probably dependant on the trade rumors (Although I doubt he's moved). Has enough personality to carry an episode following the abysmal season the ducks are projecting to have next year.
ANA
MTL
  1. McDavid, Connor
Additional Details:
The games best player, kinda a foregone conclusion he probably get's an episode, even if it's probably just going to be about how he's the best player in the league. I think it'll probably happen but not the episode I'd look most forward to.
EDM
MTL
  1. Marchand, Brad
Additional Details:
Another instance of big market+competitive team=good television.
Now excuse me while I go vomit at the thought of an episode focusing on the rat.
BOS
MTL
  1. Keller, Clayton
Additional Details:
Wouldn't mind an episode following Keller, but also if any Yotes player gets his own episode it will be because Bettman is trying to drum up funding for the dumpster fire of the league to stop playing out of a college arena. Alternatively have an episode focused on the first year of Arizona's relocation, but I doubt that will be ready for next years television slate.
ARI
MTL
    Philly is here because Torts will never allow one of his players to do a tv show.
    PHI
    1. Caufield, Cole
    2. Slafkovsky, Juraj
    3. Suzuki, Nick
    Additional Details:
    (Habs Fan glazing incoming, you have been warned)
    The NHL's second biggest market, it's most dedicated fan base, the future has never looked brighter, and despite still rebuilding Montreal proves night in and night out that we have must watch hockey. Take your pick of the storylines any of these three players could bring to an episode:
    The youngest captain of the oldest franchise continues his excellent and consistent career as he try's to push himself to further heights and lead his team into the future.
    The young goalscorer who needs to brush off his surgery +1 season and truly establish what he can do at the NHL level as he becomes the Habs top goalscorer for the future.
    The young first overall pick with, if anything too much personality for TV. Still trying to establish his place among the NHL's best players as he builds off his breakout season, give us the Slaf episode Amazon I dare you.
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    13$83,500,000$139,316,500$1,170,000$4,425,000-$55,816,500
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $7,150,000$7,150,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    C
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $5,666,667$5,666,667
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 19 at 12:53 p.m.
    Panarin…one of the few guys in the NHL with an actual personality
    Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 12:54 p.m.
    Juraj SlafDadsky
    Quoting: Rags21
    Panarin…one of the few guys in the NHL with an actual personality

I was thinking Panarin but I wanted to include a goalie, if its not clear from the post I think the larger hockey markets are almost guaranteed some representation.
    Mar. 19 at 1:05 p.m.
    Quoting: Lafleur10
    I was thinking Panarin but I wanted to include a goalie, if its not clear from the post I think the larger hockey markets are almost guaranteed some representation.

I couldn’t see Igor doing it…he seems pretty shy and tries to stay away from the media meanwhile Panarin has fun with it

But then again the language barrier could be a problem as well
    Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 1:11 p.m.
    JT Miller for Hart
    Brent Burns. Dude seems awesome(hilarious as well with his doomsday bag).
    canucksfan43 and Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 1:13 p.m.
    If I had to guess the Hughes brothers will certainly get an episode
    AK50 and Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 1:15 p.m.
    Corey Perry - TELL US WHAT HAPPENED
    canucksfan43 and Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 1:16 p.m.
    Leafs going to Leafs
    https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/817562
    Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 1:33 p.m.
    McDavid episode is an instant skip
    Lafleur10 liked this.
    Mar. 19 at 5:22 p.m.
    Let's follow Josh Anderson, really polarize everyone. So many would hate it so much they'd have to watch.
    Mar. 19 at 5:22 p.m.
    Would be cool to have a couple of guys on roster bubbles entering season…
    Mar. 19 at 7:07 p.m.
    Yeah. I saw the announcement. That should be a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind seeing any of those players involved.
    Mar. 19 at 7:51 p.m.
    Bedard23
    Quoting: DevilsFanInTX
    Corey Perry - TELL US WHAT HAPPENED

We already know
    DevilsFanInTX liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll