Forums/Armchair-GM

Sabres Fire Sale Team #1

Created by: kyle_has
Team: 2017-18 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 21, 2017
Published: Jul. 21, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know I am not at the floor, sue me. This is half joking half trying to win the cup in 2020
Trades
BUF
  1. 2018 6th round pick (WPG)
NYI
    Rights to Robin Lehner
    BUF
    1. Konecny, Travis
    2. 2018 2nd round pick (PHI)
    BUF
    1. 2018 6th round pick (ARI)
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$75,000,000$29,136,665$0$10,555,000$45,863,335
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $1,475,000$1,475,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,875,000$1,875,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $894,166$894,166
    RW, LW
    RFA - 4
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$662,500$662K)
    C
    UFA - 3
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $5,400,000$5,400,000
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Edited Jul. 21, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
    Are you trying to get the 1st over all pick
    Why trade Gorges when we are only getting a 6th in return?
    You think Kane will only bring back a single prospect but Okposo will bring back a proven NHL player (Konecny) and a pick?
    That seems like a lot for a prospect Jost.
    I am not a Lehner fan but that does not seem to be sufficient for a proven NHL GK.
    You are going to get the 3rd over all (Dubois) for Scandella?
    Why trade Pominville for a 6th?
    Finally, you think Moulson has absolutely no value and has to be bought out even though he scored 11 PPG (20% of the teams total) and led the team in that catagory? Every team in the NHL had at least 2 forwards who had more PP TOI (Moulson ranked 118th) than Moulson yet only 10 of those team had a player who scored more PPG than Moulson, and you think he is worthless and needs to bought out? Why does everyone have such a low opinion of Moulson?
    I have never given 1 star before, but there is nothing in your post with which I can agree
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
    Quoting: GMTD
    You think Kane will only bring back a single prospect but Okposo will bring back a proven NHL player (Konecny) and a pick?
    I am not a Lehner fan but that does not seem to be sufficient for a proven NHL GK.
    Finally, you think Moulson has absolutely no value and has to be bought out even though he scored 11 PPG and led the team in that catagory?
    I have never given 1 star before, but there is nothing in your post with which I can agree

Gorges is literally useless. It is like the weber trade to the Capital a while back except that gorges has a much bigger cap hit so it'd be tough to get anything back. Chabot is one of the best defensive prospects and this is similar to the Drouin Sirgachev tradeand how could you say that konecny is a proven player? he had one season with 26 points? I think he has good upside but he is in no way a proven player at this point but i believe he will be very good in the future. The lehner trade is basically reversing what we did to get him. Pomminville could get more so I agree but the whole point is to get younger here. Lastly good luck getting something for moulson. If anything a late draft pick
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 12:34 p.m.
    The values are all skewed buffalos way, in a pretty big way. Im not a pominville guy, but id keep him for a year at least. He was a decent, vanilla second liner, propelled to first line duties out of lack of options in his prime. Now hes older, not particularly fast, and overpaid, but potentially still useful. I think chabot is a real player to target, but the cost is gonna be more than kane, i mean im apparently the last guy that thinks kane has value, but his contract status hurts pretty bad if you are looking for a blue chip prospect.
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
    cmess
    not bad
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 1:03 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: sabres89
    The values are all skewed buffalos way, in a pretty big way. Im not a pominville guy, but id keep him for a year at least. He was a decent, vanilla second liner, propelled to first line duties out of lack of options in his prime. Now hes older, not particularly fast, and overpaid, but potentially still useful. I think chabot is a real player to target, but the cost is gonna be more than kane, i mean im apparently the last guy that thinks kane has value, but his contract status hurts pretty bad if you are looking for a blue chip prospect.

I may be the only person who thinks Kane has value, but he played on a team that could not shoot straight and only 29 NHL players scored more goals than him and all but Malkin and Oshie played more games. Just remember a prospect is only a prospect until he plays in the NHL. Yes keep Pominville, Moulson and Gorges, none of them are "useless" and add depth to the team.
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 1:20 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: kyle_has
    Finally, you think Moulson has absolutely no value and has to be bought out even though he scored 11 PPG and led the team in that catagory?

Gorges is literally useless. It is like the weber trade to the Capital a while back except that gorges has a much bigger cap hit so it'd be tough to get anything back. Chabot is one of the best defensive prospects and this is similar to the Drouin Sirgachev tradeand how could you say that konecny is a proven player? he had one season with 26 points? I think he has good upside but he is in no way a proven player at this point but i believe he will be very good in the future. The lehner trade is basically reversing what we did to get him. Pomminville could get more so I agree but the whole point is to get younger here. Lastly good luck getting something for moulson. If anything a late draft pick

Moulson scored 11 PPG (20% of the teams total) and led the team in that catagory? Every team in the NHL had at least 2 forwards who had more PP TOI (Moulson ranked 118th) than Moulson yet only 10 of those team had a player who scored more PPG than Moulson, and you think he is worthless and needs to bought out? You keep thinking Moulson needs to be bought out/
    Why do you think the D-man whose SH TOI was 2nd on the team is useless? Normally, the best defensive players kill penalties, but you think he is useless!
    Chabot is actually 6th best defensive prospect ranked by ESPN.
    Finally, this is a young team, you are actually trading away many young players, so the point is not to only get younger!
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.
    GM Game v1 v2
    Unlike others here, I'd say from a neutral standpoint (not a BUF fan or any team listed above), that all your trades have a good starting point. I wouldn't say they're all fair value, but I wouldn't say they're preposterous either.

1. COL trade I think is the only one preposterous. Bogosian's value is lowered quite a bit in general, and those two prospects offered seem to be nobodies as far as my research shows. You'll have to give more for a blue-chip prospect.
    2. OTT trade isn't too far. I think Okposo has more value and could work one-for-one, so this should boost a team like OTT into elite cup contention. Otherwise, Kane and a 1st for Chabot can also work, if you want to go that route. After all, Chabot's value is a touch more than Sergachev's was, and Drouin is worth more than Kane (and possibly even Okposo, but that's debatable).
    3. NYI trade makes no sense. I know they need a goalie, but they'd probably be unwilling to part with their best center prospect (something they also really need). They're better off plugging the hole at G with a backup for Greiss (or trusting Halak), than creating another big hole at C.
    4. PHI trade should be at around the right value (maybe without the 2nd rounder, debatable), but doesn't really match their needs. It seems that PHI is going through some youth injection rebuild or whatever you wanna call it, as they have a lot of decent youth in the pipeline coming up and want to build a championship team with them within a couple years. Konecny is part of that plan. Try finding someone closer to contention who may want Okposo/Kane's services.
    5. CBJ trade doesn't make much sense. Scandella's value isn't very comparable to PLD's as a 3rd overall pick. PLD is essentially a blue-chip prospect, and those require blue-chip returns. Scandella is decent, but not top pairing material, so no deal.
    6. For Georges or Pomminville, those trades are of course quite feasible, but you should think long and hard if you want to go that path of lengthening the rebuild and lacking veteran mentorship. If yes, then trade away.
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.

Moulson scored 11 PPG (20% of the teams total) and led the team in that catagory? Every team in the NHL had at least 2 forwards who had more PP TOI (Moulson ranked 118th) than Moulson yet only 10 of those team had a player who scored more PPG than Moulson, and you think he is worthless and needs to bought out? You keep thinking Moulson needs to be bought out/
    Why do you think the D-man whose SH TOI was 2nd on the team is useless? Normally, the best defensive players kill penalties, but you think he is useless!
    Finally, this is a young team, you are actually trading away many young players, so the point is not to only get younger!

Like i said in the description this is half joking so obviously this not a serious proposition. Moulson can score tap in Powerplay goals but really can't do anything even strength so yeah I would 100% buy him out if not this year next year. Throw stats at it all you want but Moulson cannot play at the speed that the NHL is at right now. He looks great on your basic stat sheet but that's it. Chabot is #1 on TSN's list which is a much more hockey friendly network than ESPN. Gorges is going to be the 7th defensemen on the team next year so explain his value? A guy that can be a shot blocker on the PK? Don't really know if that equates to making almost 4 million a year.
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 3:08 p.m.
    Eichel Tower

Like i said in the description this is half joking so obviously this not a serious proposition. Moulson can score tap in Powerplay goals but really can't do anything even strength so yeah I would 100% buy him out if not this year next year. Throw stats at it all you want but Moulson cannot play at the speed that the NHL is at right now. He looks great on your basic stat sheet but that's it. Chabot is #1 on TSN's list which is a much more hockey friendly network than ESPN. Gorges is going to be the 7th defensemen on the team next year so explain his value? A guy that can be a shot blocker on the PK? Don't really know if that equates to making almost 4 million a year.

Fair enough it is not to be taken serious, there fore I will not. Just remember Beaulieu and Scandella were bottom paired D-men on Montreal and Minnesota respectively,
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.
    Eichel Tower
    Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
    Unlike others here, I'd say from a neutral standpoint (not a BUF fan or any team listed above), that all your trades have a good starting point. I wouldn't say they're all fair value, but I wouldn't say they're preposterous either.

1. COL trade I think is the only one preposterous. Bogosian's value is lowered quite a bit in general, and those two prospects offered seem to be nobodies as far as my research shows. You'll have to give more for a blue-chip prospect.
    2. OTT trade isn't too far. I think Okposo has more value and could work one-for-one, so this should boost a team like OTT into elite cup contention. Otherwise, Kane and a 1st for Chabot can also work, if you want to go that route. After all, Chabot's value is a touch more than Sergachev's was, and Drouin is worth more than Kane (and possibly even Okposo, but that's debatable).
    3. NYI trade makes no sense. I know they need a goalie, but they'd probably be unwilling to part with their best center prospect (something they also really need). They're better off plugging the hole at G with a backup for Greiss (or trusting Halak), than creating another big hole at C.
    4. PHI trade should be at around the right value (maybe without the 2nd rounder, debatable), but doesn't really match their needs. It seems that PHI is going through some youth injection rebuild or whatever you wanna call it, as they have a lot of decent youth in the pipeline coming up and want to build a championship team with them within a couple years. Konecny is part of that plan. Try finding someone closer to contention who may want Okposo/Kane's services.
    5. CBJ trade doesn't make much sense. Scandella's value isn't very comparable to PLD's as a 3rd overall pick. PLD is essentially a blue-chip prospect, and those require blue-chip returns. Scandella is decent, but not top pairing material, so no deal.
    6. For Georges or Pomminville, those trades are of course quite feasible, but you should think long and hard if you want to go that path of lengthening the rebuild and lacking veteran mentorship. If yes, then trade away.

You are actually saying nearly the same as I, maybe a little more polite. I actually think Kane's value is higher now then he was traded to Buffalo. He has not been a locker room distraction, he had 3 consecutive sub par years before being traded to Buffalo and last year he returned too soon from a rib injury and still scored 28 goals. But thank you for your unbiased comments.
    Jul. 21, 2017 at 4:04 p.m.

Fair enough it is not to be taken serious, there fore I will not. Just remember Beaulieu and Scandella were bottom paired D-men on Montreal and Minnesota respectively,

Isn't that just even more of knock on Gorges that bottom paired defensemen are miles ahead of him?

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll