Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens Template 2425

Created by: Marcsnack
Team: 2024-25 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 3, 2024
Published: Apr. 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I feel like most of these positions are locked in.

Holes to fill at 1LW, 3C & 2LD.
They can be filled via FA, trade (for any of Jarry, Smith, Acciari, POJ) or promotion from AHL if anyone else is NHL ready.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$950,000
1$775,000
2$775,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,000,000
Trades
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$87,675,000$70,561,009$0$77,500$17,113,991
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW, LW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
C
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 3 at 4:59 p.m.
gonna be hard to move Jarry, lot of good UFA goalies
id def like to see Smith moved and maybe Rakell too
unless they end up tight on cap somehow id keep POJ as a project, same with Accari no real need to get rid of him
doing St. Ivany dirty with that contract hes been great lmao
Apr. 3 at 5:46 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: SolarHarbor
unless they end up tight on cap somehow id keep POJ as a project, same with Accari no real need to get rid of him

Ivany .... great.... what?????

This team should move on from Eller and Acciari. If they can move them they should. Eller shouldn't be to hard to move expiring contract and all. Acciari we'll see.

OP has this all wrong. Graves is the 2LD. His minutes say so, and he gets more starts in the 3rd pairing D zone because POJ can't play defense to save his life.
The 3rd pair should be the first thing they can fix with players in FA.
They need to fire coaches to fix the power play.
They need to get younger in the bottom 6.

As for Rakell, is he bad, or have the wheels fallen off Malkin and the line gone to pieces.
Either way it's easier to fix the 3rd pairing than to fix 1LW or pretend Puustinen is a top 6 winger. He's not.
Apr. 3 at 6:42 p.m.
sounds about right, they really need some combo of Yager, Koivunen, Poulin,+ Ponomarev to fill some spots
they should have plenty of cap too, wonder if they plan on using it
Apr. 4 at 9:34 a.m.

Are there? I just took a look and I didn't see one goalie as good as Jarry, let a lone a lot. Maybe I was looking at the wrong list though. What good UFA goalies are available?

St.Ivany's been solid, but thats a fair deal for a guy who's been a solid 3rd pair guy for like 6 games
Apr. 4 at 9:40 a.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Ivany .... great.... what?????

This team should move on from Eller and Acciari. If they can move them they should. Eller shouldn't be to hard to move expiring contract and all. Acciari we'll see.

OP has this all wrong. Graves is the 2LD. His minutes say so, and he gets more starts in the 3rd pairing D zone because POJ can't play defense to save his life.
The 3rd pair should be the first thing they can fix with players in FA.
They need to fire coaches to fix the power play.
They need to get younger in the bottom 6.

As for Rakell, is he bad, or have the wheels fallen off Malkin and the line gone to pieces.
Either way it's easier to fix the 3rd pairing than to fix 1LW or pretend Puustinen is a top 6 winger. He's not.

I mean St.Ivany's been a solid 3rd pair guy - not sure why you're so confused by his statement.

Eller has actually had a pretty good season.

Yeah Graves is the 2LD - that's a problem. that he's trying to fix. Graves gets marginally more defensive zone starts. It's like a 2% difference.

Well we know the wheels haven't fallen off Malkin, so I guess that means Rakell has been bad
Apr. 4 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: JSEB93
Are there? I just took a look and I didn't see one goalie as good as Jarry, let a lone a lot. Maybe I was looking at the wrong list though. What good UFA goalies are available?

St.Ivany's been solid, but thats a fair deal for a guy who's been a solid 3rd pair guy for like 6 games

Ivany contract would be an arbitration claim and hed get a deal like DOC
for goalies tho i think Brossoit, Stolarz, Rittich, Talbot, Pickard, Jones and Ned are all as capable as Jarry but more attractive as they will likely be cheaper and can be aquired for free
Apr. 4 at 10:55 a.m.
Ivany contract would be an arbitration claim and hed get a deal like DOC
for goalies tho i think Brossoit, Stolarz, Rittich, Talbot, Pickard, Jones and Ned are all as capable as Jarry but more attractive as they will likely be cheaper and can be aquired for free

DOC had played 76 NHL games across 3 seasons before signing though. His prior deal was a 1yr 750K AAV.

I can't argue the cheaper and acquire for free part, that's absolutely true. I would put Jarry clearly ahead of all of them though in capability of being a good starter though. The only one that comes close is Talbot, but his age will play a factor as well
Apr. 4 at 11:00 a.m.
SkateOrDie
I mean St.Ivany's been a solid 3rd pair guy - not sure why you're so confused by his statement.

Eller has actually had a pretty good season.

Yeah Graves is the 2LD - that's a problem. that he's trying to fix. Graves gets marginally more defensive zone starts. It's like a 2% difference.

Well we know the wheels haven't fallen off Malkin, so I guess that means Rakell has been bad

Graves is not the problem, the wheels have fallen off Malkin. He's no longer a FP, hell he's not even a legit 1st line player anymore. He's just a 2C who doesn't play defense and is much slower than he use to be..

Ivany you must be kidding. His 5v5 corsi is a 43 and he's already starting to bleed goals. He's not good, he's not even a NHL level defenseman at this point. He's barely replacement level.
Of course I can see how you can confuse him for being good considering the team has 3 NHL level defenseman, and one of the EK can not play in his own end.
Apr. 4 at 11:22 a.m.
Graves is not the problem, the wheels have fallen off Malkin. He's no longer a FP, hell he's not even a legit 1st line player anymore. He's just a 2C who doesn't play defense and is much slower than he use to be..

Ivany you must be kidding. His 5v5 corsi is a 43 and he's already starting to bleed goals. He's not good, he's not even a NHL level defenseman at this point. He's barely replacement level.
Of course I can see how you can confuse him for being good considering the team has 3 NHL level defenseman, and one of the EK can not play in his own end.

Graves is a huge problem. Malkin isn't. He is a 2nd line player though - that's where he plays - so not sure why you think saying he's not a 1st line player is making a point? Yes - he's a top 2C. So where's the issue?

No I'm dead serious. And most people agree. He has a 54% xGF, which matters a lot more than Corsi. I mean he's clearly shown the makings of a solid 6/7 dman.

Wait you just said Graves isn't a problem and then said they only have 3 NHL level defenseman - that makes absolutely no sense. Also, they clearly have more than 3 NHL level defenseman.
Apr. 4 at 3:20 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Graves is a huge problem. Malkin isn't. He is a 2nd line player though - that's where he plays - so not sure why you think saying he's not a 1st line player is making a point? Yes - he's a top 2C. So where's the issue?

No I'm dead serious. And most people agree. He has a 54% xGF, which matters a lot more than Corsi. I mean he's clearly shown the makings of a solid 6/7 dman.

Wait you just said Graves isn't a problem and then said they only have 3 NHL level defenseman - that makes absolutely no sense. Also, they clearly have more than 3 NHL level defenseman.

FFS Malkin use to be a legit Franchise player, now he's a struggling 2C who doesn't play defense and can't get his line to score consistently. His decline is one of the reasons why Crosby has to basically carry the team on his back with no help. Here is a clue, Malkin was suppose to be the help! But he's not anymore. If you are expecting him to be you are wasting your time. He's an average 2C now and in decline as a player. He's slowing down and you are here in denial of it. He's 37 he's had a good career but he's running out of gas and it's obvious to anyone watching.

XGF is the dumbest stat in all of hockey. Go look of years of "penguins xgf is so high they will win games any day now" articles.... as they never won games. For the past what 3 years. total worthless.

The team is currently playing 3 NHL defenseman as Graves is out. MP, Letang, EK. the rest are all AHL level. Ivany, Shea, POJ....
Apr. 5 at 9:12 a.m.
FFS Malkin use to be a legit Franchise player, now he's a struggling 2C who doesn't play defense and can't get his line to score consistently. His decline is one of the reasons why Crosby has to basically carry the team on his back with no help. Here is a clue, Malkin was suppose to be the help! But he's not anymore. If you are expecting him to be you are wasting your time. He's an average 2C now and in decline as a player. He's slowing down and you are here in denial of it. He's 37 he's had a good career but he's running out of gas and it's obvious to anyone watching.

XGF is the dumbest stat in all of hockey. Go look of years of "penguins xgf is so high they will win games any day now" articles.... as they never won games. For the past what 3 years. total worthless.

The team is currently playing 3 NHL defenseman as Graves is out. MP, Letang, EK. the rest are all AHL level. Ivany, Shea, POJ....

If you expect Malkin to be a legit franchise player still - that's on you. You need to lower your expectations. All you're doing is saying he's worse than he used to be, that doesn't mean he's bad. Again, if you're argument was just that he's not as good as he was 10 years ago, I agree. But that's a ridiculous way to judge someone at this age

He's not a struggling 2C though - that's just not even remotely correct. Sounds like you just have ridiculous expectations for a 2C. Yes - his wingers have struggled to finish, thanks for helping my point. No - that's not really a reason why. Malkin is a top 2C and has played that way this year. You keep saying "here is a clue" and then don't provide any clues. I don't think you actually understand that phrase. Again - if you're just saying Malkin is worse than he was 5-10 years ago - I agree. Saying Malkin is bad, or a struggling 2C, or not helping the team - just isn't correct

Except it's not a dumb stat at all.

Ah I gotcha - didn't know you weren't counting Graves because he's out. POJ is an NHL dman though - so that's at least 4. And based on what we've seen in St Ivany's brief stint he could be one as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll