SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

might as well make one

might as well make one

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: SlickWilly
Published: Apr. 8 at 5:18 p.m.
Description
did 10 randomizations on tankathon. mixture of tankathon/scott wheeler/corey pronman rankings + needs
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild (14→4)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-no explanation necessary
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Dynamic winger for bedard
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Ducks don't have too many glaring needs in the system so I went BPA
4Logo of the Minnesota Wild-With a nice young core of forwards and Brock Faber stapling the right side for the next decade plus, Wild take the best LD in the draft.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-CBJ take the high skilled forward in Catton
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal's got a loaded defensive system so they take the guy who's been shooting up draft boards with his electrifying playoff performance
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-With a nice core of forwards and some bigger D-men coming through the system, AZ takes a chance on the high upside offensive RD
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-I think an RD makes the most sense for Ottawa here so Buium or Yakemchuk
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Lindstrom falls to 9 and Calgary gladly swoops in and says thank you very much.
10Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle's young defensive depth gets a big boost with the addition of Silayev
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo's system is littered with depth everywhere so they take a shot on Yakemchuk's offensive upside
12Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Eiserman slides a little bit and NJ gets the youngest pure goal scorer in the draft.
13Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-All of the blue chip defensemen are gone so Philly goes with high upside offense in Connelly
14Logo of the Washington Capitals-best forward available
15Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguinsbest forward available
16Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-best forward available (also debated Hutson here)
17Logo of the New York Islanders-best forward available
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Loaded with good young talent at forward, the blues end the run of forwards and pick the best defender available
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Let's be honest, whoever Vegas drafts here is just gonna end up being traded for whatever big name forward is on the market again next year
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI don't think there's a good value pick at defense here that won't be available at 32 for the Hawks so they take another skilled forward.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-I like Henry Mews here for Nashville, could also go Charlie Elick
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Battle of the Hutson's with Montreal. The ticket sales reps go nuts
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersWith snagging Levshunov at 3, I think a forward makes sense here
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsAnother strong forward to add to the system
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersAfter missing plenty of time due to injuries, Kiviharju is no longer the prospect he once was, but I think without the pressure of having to be the defensive savior of the flyers, kivi can thrive
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Not related to current Avs prospect Calum Ritchie!
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksSolid two way defenseman with a nice shot
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Not much to write here. I think he fits well in the system
30Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal Canadiens
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Calgary Flames-
41Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
42Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
43Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
46Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
47Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
48Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
49Logo of the New York Islanders-
50Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
53Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
54Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
58Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
59Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
60Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
62Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
63Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 8 at 6:18 p.m.
For any clarification, the Buium to Sens details was meant to read as "Buium is the better prospect to me, but RD is more of a need, so I could see it going either way."
Apr. 8 at 9:20 p.m.
Quoting: SlickWilly
For any clarification, the Buium to Sens details was meant to read as "Buium is the better prospect to me, but RD is more of a need, so I could see it going either way."

Right side but Ieft shot, wouldn’t really fill the need
SlickWilly liked this.
Apr. 8 at 10:19 p.m.
Devils Guy
What is Eiserman’s game like though? Everything I’ve read is he is Holtz 2.0.
Apr. 9 at 10:49 a.m.
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
What is Eiserman’s game like though? Everything I’ve read is he is Holtz 2.0.

Yeah i mean he's best known for his shot so im sure the comparison's are going to be drawn but his game is more than that. He's got puck skills, plays physical, isn't afraid to go to the front of the net. Defense leaves a little more to be desired but at 12 he's easily the player with the most upside there
Apr. 9 at 2:28 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: SlickWilly
Yeah i mean he's best known for his shot so im sure the comparison's are going to be drawn but his game is more than that. He's got puck skills, plays physical, isn't afraid to go to the front of the net. Defense leaves a little more to be desired but at 12 he's easily the player with the most upside there

How’s his skating? That’s another thing that is a little bit of a knock on Holtz. He has gotten better though.
Apr. 9 at 2:50 p.m.
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
How’s his skating? That’s another thing that is a little bit of a knock on Holtz. He has gotten better though.

i don't see anything particularly good or bad about it. Not a fast guy but a strong skater and not easily knocked off the puck

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll