SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

First two rounds with explanations

First two rounds with explanations

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Komisarek
Published: Apr. 10 at 10:53 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators (7→1)
  2. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Because I feel bad for sens fans
2Logo of the San Jose Sharks-BPA
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Some of the other defensemen available have greater upside, but I don't think any have a higher floor.
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-BPA and fills a positional need
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I could see Eiserman falling as low as the mid-teens but also could see some teams including CBJ being very high on him.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Not the BPA, but AZ seems to covet size and isn't afraid of the Russian factor, based on their selections in previous years (Levshunov, But, Lamoureux)
7Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-BPA. Montreal doesn't especially need more RHD prospects but Parekh has the upside to be the best player in this draft and is a clear notch above the next best forward prospects.
8Logo of the Calgary Flames-Too great of a storyline
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-BPA
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-BPA
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BPA
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-BPA and positional need. Lindstrom could go higher but I feel like he wouldn't be in the top-5 conversation if there wasn't such a dearth of big centres in the first round
13Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Most talented player available
14Logo of the Washington Capitals-Most talented player available
15Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-PHI could grab a defenseman with this pick, but I think they gamble that there will still be some good options available when they make their second pick
16Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBPA and absolute steal if he falls to 16
17Logo of the New York Islanders-A bit of a reach but Lou isn't afraid of making off the board picks. Sennecke is a really intriguing prospect with some big upside. Could end up being the steal of the draft.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-BPA and positional need
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-BPA
20Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA with the kind of size Vegas covets
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Toss-up between Hemming and the next three available wingers. Really comes down to team preference.
22Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningCHI goes with the winger with highest upside after making a safe pick at #3
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-BPA
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersBPA
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsBFGA (Best French Guy Available)
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersTossup between Mews, Elick, and Emery
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-COL drafts the best defenseman available
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksHutson's upside is too tantalizing for CGY to pass-up
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-BPA
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-BPA
31Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsSafe D selection
32Logo of the New York Rangers-BPA. Would probably go higher if he wasn't Russian
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-No-brainer taking Bedard's linemate in Regina
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-BPA
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsWould be a great fit in Philly
37Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Dark-horse prospect who hasn't got a ton of attention this year
38Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal CanadiensJett to the Jets
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa can afford to make a high risk high reward pick if they do somehow win the lottery
40Logo of the Calgary Flames-
41Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
44Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
45Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
46Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
47Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
48Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
49Logo of the New York Islanders-
50Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Nashville Predators-
54Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
55Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
58Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
59Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
60Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
62Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
63Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
64Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
ROUND 3TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
66Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose Sharks
67Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
68Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
69Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
70Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
71Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
72Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa Senators
73Logo of the Calgary Flames-
74Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
75Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
76Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
77Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
78Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Minnesota Wild
79Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
80Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
81Logo of the Washington Capitals-
82Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the New York Islanders
83Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
84Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
85Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
86Logo of the Nashville Predators-
87Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
88Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
89Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
90Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
91Logo of the Florida Panthers-
92Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
93Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
94Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Boston Bruins
95Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
96Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
97Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 10 at 11:25 a.m.
Chicago is stacked with left handed dmen. Vlasic, who's a 22 year rookie, just got rated as the 2nd best defensive player in the D zone in the entire NHL including veterans and rookies. As a rookie, he's playing on the first line, facing the toughest assignments, and easily the best defender on the team. Behind him is the youngest D man in the NHL with Korchinski. Beyond that the Hawks are stacked with 3rd line options of young players/prospects.

That said, drafting Dickinson would be incredibly miscalculated. Where's he going to slot? To assume he will be better than Vlasic would be monumental given Vlasic's performance. As such, Hawks will go Levshunov or forwards 100%.
Apr. 10 at 1:31 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Chicago is stacked with left handed dmen. Vlasic, who's a 22 year rookie, just got rated as the 2nd best defensive player in the D zone in the entire NHL including veterans and rookies. As a rookie, he's playing on the first line, facing the toughest assignments, and easily the best defender on the team. Behind him is the youngest D man in the NHL with Korchinski. Beyond that the Hawks are stacked with 3rd line options of young players/prospects.

That said, drafting Dickinson would be incredibly miscalculated. Where's he going to slot? To assume he will be better than Vlasic would be monumental given Vlasic's performance. As such, Hawks will go Levshunov or forwards 100%.

That family sure can breed elite defensive D men can’t they lol.
I like the idea of Levshunov but personally I really think Chicago has to consider giving Bedard a nasty Elite shot on his wing! Think Eiserman could be a 50 goal scorer on Bedards wing, it could also be Demidov if Chicago isn’t worried about the Russian factor. Sharks Russian scouting is in turmoil so I see them shying away from Russians at least in the first 2 rounds unless a stud falls and opting for Levshunov since he fills a massive need (if they can’t get Celebrini obviously).
ChiHawk liked this.
Apr. 10 at 4:28 p.m.
As a Sens fan thank you, this draft made me feel better lol. Macklin, Emery and Letournou. I'm a big fan of all 3 players so it'd be a breath of fresh air to have a nice draft under new management and not the crapshow Dorion has put us through haha.
Apr. 10 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
That family sure can breed elite defensive D men can’t they lol.
I like the idea of Levshunov but personally I really think Chicago has to consider giving Bedard a nasty Elite shot on his wing! Think Eiserman could be a 50 goal scorer on Bedards wing, it could also be Demidov if Chicago isn’t worried about the Russian factor. Sharks Russian scouting is in turmoil so I see them shying away from Russians at least in the first 2 rounds unless a stud falls and opting for Levshunov since he fills a massive need (if they can’t get Celebrini obviously).

I have been one of the few people that thinks Eiserman would be deadly next to Bedard. i do agree that Chicago really needs help at forward. Yes, they need a future #1RHD guy as well, but they have multiple holes in their top 6 upfront. Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Eiserman should be the top 4 IMO for Chicago to target.
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
Apr. 10 at 6:40 p.m.
If a quality D falls to one of your picks you grab him but I agree you need to focus on Forwards this year and next year! With Vlasic, Korchinski, Jones & Murphy you have a serviceable top 4 for at least the next few years,
And you do also have Rinzel who looks good. At this point I would focus on D and Goaltending 2nd round.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll