$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 3
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA
$900,000$900,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$813,750$813,750
C, LW
RFA
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
G
RFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RD
UFA
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$813,750$813,750
LD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 11 at 2:53 p.m.
We need a serious navy alternate. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Every fan I've talked too about it loves the silver, white and navy jerseys from the 2011-2012 season. I know Gold is our calling card, but switching to Navy and Silver for alternates occasionally would be fun
gmgb liked this.
Apr. 11 at 3:03 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
2024 1st, 1 for 1.
Apr. 11 at 3:21 p.m.
https://www.icethetics.com/concepts/exploration-in-nashville

I like the blue jersey in the link above as an option for a 3rd jersey. Ever since the winter classic designs came out, I’ve thought the walking saber-toothed tiger logo with the Nashville word mark would be a cool option for a jersey.
Apr. 11 at 3:22 p.m.
I'd love Schenn back.

Also Nashville should have a Blue/Yellow jersey. I think it would look so clean
gmgb liked this.
Apr. 11 at 4:38 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
2024 1st, 1 for 1.

11OA for Saros? You couldn't even get an unproven Schneider for 11OA Winking with Tongue Out
Apr. 11 at 4:43 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: gmgb
11OA for Saros? You couldn't even get an unproven Schneider for 11OA Winking with Tongue Out

Our pick is currently in a tie for the 9th spot.

Cory Schneider in the 3 years before the trade:
1st in GAA
1st in SV%
2nd in GSAx/60
4th in overall GSAx

I wish 26 year old Schneider was for sale. I'd much rather be able to go back and get 2 years of that version of Schneider. Alas he is not, so Saros will have to do.
Apr. 11 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: villenash
https://www.icethetics.com/concepts/exploration-in-nashville

I like the blue jersey in the link above as an option for a 3rd jersey. Ever since the winter classic designs came out, I’ve thought the walking saber-toothed tiger logo with the Nashville word mark would be a cool option for a jersey.

I love that logo. Not a huge fan of the sleeve stripes with the numbers inside them on that mockup, but the rest of it is good.

Quoting: nativewulf
We need a serious navy alternate. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Every fan I've talked too about it loves the silver, white and navy jerseys from the 2011-2012 season. I know Gold is our calling card, but switching to Navy and Silver for alternates occasionally would be fun

I think the best way to give the fans the navy jersey they want, but maintain the gold identity is to pair a navy 3rd with gold pants and helmets. U of Minnesota does this with a white jersey, and it looks great. I think it could work with the Preds' colour scheme too.
villenash and nativewulf liked this.
Apr. 11 at 4:56 p.m.
Our pick is currently in a tie for the 9th spot.

Cory Schneider in the 3 years before the trade:
1st in GAA
1st in SV%
2nd in GSAx/60
4th in overall GSAx

I wish 26 year old Schneider was for sale. I'd much rather be able to go back and get 2 years of that version of Schneider. Alas he is not, so Saros will have to do.

Tied for 9th, but with the most regulation wins of those three teams, so 11th at the moment (SEA does have two games in hand on BUF and NJ though)

Yes, your love for Schneider is well known, that's why I kid. Yes, he was definitely an elite backup, leading up to that trade. Yes, he did go on to become one of the best goalies NJ's ever had (Probably their 2nd best. Obviously not 1st, but Chico doesn't get enough respect either. He could have accomplished so much more without that "Mickey Mouse" team in front of him). Still not as good as Saros though.
Apr. 11 at 5:00 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Tied for 9th, but with the most regulation wins of those three teams, so 11th at the moment (SEA does have two games in hand on BUF and NJ though)

Yes, your love for Schneider is well known, that's why I kid. Yes, he was definitely an elite backup, leading up to that trade. Yes, he did go on to become one of the best goalies NJ's ever had (Probably their 2nd best. Obviously not 1st, but Chico doesn't get enough respect either. He could have accomplished so much more without that "Mickey Mouse" team in front of him). Still not as good as Saros though.

Schneider had taken over the starters role.

Would you have traded Saros after the 20-21 season (VERY VERY VERY Similar to Schneider at the time of trade in age, role, production, team control) for current Saros?

Saros has had a very similar arc to schneider, quite frankly, and the concerning thing is this is a very down year for Saros, and it comes right around the age/time that Schneider fell off
Apr. 11 at 5:28 p.m.
Schneider had taken over the starters role.

Would you have traded Saros after the 20-21 season (VERY VERY VERY Similar to Schneider at the time of trade in age, role, production, team control) for current Saros?

Saros has had a very similar arc to schneider, quite frankly, and the concerning thing is this is a very down year for Saros, and it comes right around the age/time that Schneider fell off

As we've discussed multiple times before, Schneider had never handled a starter's workload before the trade (yes, he technically started the most games for VAN during a lockout shortened season). The most he'd even appeared in (not just started) as a Canuck was 33 games. For perspective, Saros is currently tied for 4th in wins, with one more than that, in this, his allegedly "concerning... very down year".

Are you saying Schneider started falling off during is 2nd season in Jersey? Because he was 28 that season - the same age Saros is now. Schneider didn't even have that one year when he got his only Hart vote and Vezina votes until he was 29. Using that logic, Saros' best hockey is still to come.
Apr. 11 at 5:30 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
As we've discussed multiple times before, Schneider had never handled a starter's workload before the trade (yes, he technically started the most games for VAN during a lockout shortened season). The most he'd even appeared in (not just started) as a Canuck was 33 games. For perspective, Saros is currently tied for 4th in wins, with one more than that, in this, his allegedly "concerning... very down year".

Are you saying Schneider started falling off during is 2nd season in Jersey? Because he was 28 that season - the same age Saros is now. Schneider didn't even have that one year when he got his only Hart vote and Vezina votes until he was 29. Using that logic, Saros' best hockey is still to come.

Schneider's fall off was after 3 years as a full time starter in his age 30 season.
Saros became a starter 1 year earlier, so next year would be his age 29 season, but in the same point of progression.

Saros has been mediocre this year imo.
Apr. 11 at 6:08 p.m.
Schneider's fall off was after 3 years as a full time starter in his age 30 season.
Saros became a starter 1 year earlier, so next year would be his age 29 season, but in the same point of progression.

Saros has been mediocre this year imo.

Schneider falling off after three seasons as a starter doesn't mean that's going to happen to every other goalie too.

That's some flawed extrapolation, IMO. Like seeing an elite goalie have a below average first half of the season, due to something like struggling to adjust under a new coach's unfamiliar system, and assuming the rest of his season went badly. Or that he's definitely falling off for good, like that one other guy from years back.
Apr. 11 at 6:17 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Schneider falling off after three seasons as a starter doesn't mean that's going to happen to every other goalie too.

That's some flawed extrapolation, IMO. Like seeing an elite goalie have a below average first half of the season, due to something like struggling to adjust under a new coach's unfamiliar system, and assuming the rest of his season went badly. Or that he's definitely falling off for good, like that one other guy from years back.

The concern with any goalie is valid.

I would very strongly argue that 1 year of control on Saros, following a year where he hasn't been elite, is not worth more than 2 years of 26 year old Cory Schneider was.
Apr. 11 at 7:09 p.m.
The concern with any goalie is valid.

I would very strongly argue that 1 year of control on Saros, following a year where he hasn't been elite, is not worth more than 2 years of 26 year old Cory Schneider was.

I would prefer the known quality, but I understand that some might prefer betting on the unproven guy potentially having even more upside than the elite player. I'll agree to disagree with you on that point.

What I would strongly argue is that what NJ paid for a goalie one time over ten years ago has no bearing on what NSH should trade Saros for, in the present day.
Apr. 11 at 8:23 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I would prefer the known quality, but I understand that some might prefer betting on the unproven guy potentially having even more upside than the elite player. I'll agree to disagree with you on that point.

What I would strongly argue is that what NJ paid for a goalie one time over ten years ago has no bearing on what NSH should trade Saros for, in the present day.

Cory Schneider was FOURTH in TOTAL GSAx in the 3 years prior. (and was about 2 goals behind 2nd, place, with Henrik a distant 1st about 40 goals ahead).

Saros is fourth in Total GSAx over the past 3 years.

And I'd argue goalie prices have gone down, not up.

Based on how NHL teams have shown to value goalies:
-They pay them less than they used to
-They draft them later than they used to
-They trade less for them than they used to

And goaltending is getting younger and younger, and more and more volatile.

All of this suggest that a 1 year goalie rental is worth a lot less than it used to be
Apr. 11 at 10:58 p.m.
Cory Schneider was FOURTH in TOTAL GSAx in the 3 years prior.

Those are backup numbers. Gotta pump those games played up.

And I'd argue goalie prices have gone down, not up.

Based on how NHL teams have shown to value goalies:
-They pay them less than they used to
-They draft them later than they used to
-They trade less for them than they used to

And goaltending is getting younger and younger, and more and more volatile.

All of this suggest that a 1 year goalie rental is worth a lot less than it used to be

I disagree that trade values trend up or down like that, like you suggest. The highest level goalies get traded so infrequently to begin with, there isn't enough data to establish patterns or trends anyway. That's why this decade old Schneider trade keeps getting thrown around like the gold standard of trade value, by the "goalies aren't worth that much" crowd.

Also, why wouldn't you re-sign Saros, so that he's not a rental? If NJ is a team with good leadership and a bright future, that should be an easy sell to any player. If it's not a team a player that wants to win would choose, a sign and trade after July 1st like many Devils fans want isn't going to be an option anyway.
Apr. 11 at 11:07 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Those are backup numbers. Gotta pump those games played up.

I disagree that trade values trend up or down like that, like you suggest. The highest level goalies get traded so infrequently to begin with, there isn't enough data to establish patterns or trends anyway. That's why this decade old Schneider trade keeps getting thrown around like the gold standard of trade value, by the "goalies aren't worth that much" crowd.

Also, why wouldn't you re-sign Saros, so that he's not a rental? If NJ is a team with good leadership and a bright future, that should be an easy sell to any player. If it's not a team a player that wants to win would choose, a sign and trade after July 1st like many Devils fans want isn't going to be an option anyway.

A backup managing to be 4th in TOTAL GSAx makes it all the more impressive.

I don't believe in giving an extension to a goalie until they play on your team. Too much risk not seeing how they adapt (and Saros isn't going to raise his price with his play)

Juuse Saros is 1 year away from UFA. That makes him a rental. Simple as that.
Apr. 12 at 10:48 a.m.
A backup managing to be 4th in TOTAL GSAx makes it all the more impressive.

I don't believe in giving an extension to a goalie until they play on your team. Too much risk not seeing how they adapt (and Saros isn't going to raise his price with his play)

Juuse Saros is 1 year away from UFA. That makes him a rental. Simple as that.

Cool.

I guess the silver lining is that you only have to wit another 10-11 years until Schneider's kid is old enough to draft, and then you can finally be happy again.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll