Forums/Armchair-GM

Season Grades 2024 Changes

Created by: Jukinators
Team: 2024-25 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 30, 2024
Published: Apr. 30, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The players signed in FA is not exactly who I want to get to fill the holes this team has which is 2RW and a right handed damn who can play 18+ mins a game. Don’t pay too much attention to the lines although these are the most accurate to what we have seen cooper roll out. The player assessments are based off of the past 2 months as that’s when pressure amped up and some guys changed the way they played almost over night.

Player grades:

Point- A+. Pointer goes out every night and gives it his all. Nothing he can do in today’s game to change my mind that this guy when healthy is a top 25 player next year. We’ve seen guys disappear this postseason but pointer has been fine aside from some bad zone entry’s on the numerous power plays we’ve had but the panthers play a tight trap so it’s extremely difficult to skate the puck in single handedly and maintain possession.

Kuch- A+. Have to give him a A+ for his regular season, postseason wise he’s getting a F. Looks completely disinterested out on the ice. Game 3 alone he made some of the most outrageous turnovers and basically led to this team going 0-4 on the powerplays single handedly. I’m not sure if there is an injury he’s dealing with. He has not looked good at all on the ice since the Washington game so I think if there was an injury sustained it was during that time. Just a disappointing way to end such a great season for Kuch.

Hagel- A. Plays hard 100% of the time. Jack of all trades on the ice, he can kill penalties like no other, score on the powerplay and play 1st line minutes all in one night. Can’t say enough about this guy love we have him for 8 more years.

Stammer- B. I understand he scored 40 goals but the first 50 ish games of the season stammer was one of the worst players on the ice. His defensive numbers were horrendous and still haven’t been great but he’s picked up his scoring and was able to finish at 40 which I’m sure runs his AAV up even though he had a really bleh season. I don’t see how they don’t resign him just from a culture prospective. I would be fine with him coming in at 4-4.75 but I don’t think we get him for that low at all. I’d personally want to let him go if he’s over 5.5 for multiple years.

Cirelli- B. Had a really slow start to the year offensively. Slowly started to pick it up but I personally don’t care if he’s not hitting the point totals others expect from him. His defensive and speed alone I think are worth it for his AAV. Him and Hagel helped propel our PK to the top of the leauge. I would like to see him have a full season with scoring every now and then though.

Paul- B-. Can be completely invisible some nights. His numbers get boosted because he’s on PP1 but I don’t think he would be in that role, killers presence has show this postseason even though we had our best PP ever in the regular season. The PP is going to be the reason we get eliminated instead of being up 2-1 on the panthers like I think we should be.

Eyessimont- B-. Can’t expect much from this guy. Love the zone entry’s and speed he brings. Can do with a little less penalty minutes but he plays that agitating kind of game so he gets under the players skins pretty quick. If he starts getting some puck Luck and linemates that start helping him out I can see him getting 35+ points next year.

Jeannot- C+. Disappointing season for Tanner. He was never able to get on a run and stay there. Injury’s prohibited him from being in a good amount of meaningful games. I really want him to thrive down here and be worth at least half of what we have up for him but things just don’t seem to be going in that direction for him here.

Chaffe- B-. Came up and instantly had a role on this team. Speed, grit and a little bit of puck luck and this guy found himself a spot in the bottom 6. If we can get him back under a mil I thing it’s a no brainer.

Glenndening- B. Phenomenal PK guy. Can get some great netfront presence which led to a couple of his goals. He’s back next year and I love it

Motte- B-. Couldn’t stay healthy but when he was in he made his presence know all over the ice. Such great speed and reading the play is his specialty. Bring this guy back immediately I want him signed before stammer

Duclair- B+. Had a phenomenal performance in the regular season. Playoffs he has brought speed and a little bit of playmaking but his consistency hasn’t been great lately. I also feel he priced himself out of Tampa so I don’t see him coming back.

Dumba- F. Game 1 he let Carter walk untouched back door for the real GWG. game 2 we all know what happened. Game 3 he was a -2 and still was being put out by cooper. No thank you

Hedman- A. What can you say, still not great defensively but he took a step up offensively after a bad regular season last year. I think they go to Sergy next year for PP1 unless they get hedman signed this summer

Sergachev- C. Couldn’t stay healthy. But when he was you could just see a major step back from last year. I hope he stays healthy this spring and is able to make a full recovery ( Ik he played today). I hope he can go back to a 12 goal 45 ish assist season next year playing great defensively, he had a rough time with turnovers early this year

Perbix D. Disappointing, I thought we had a top 6 guy that we can rely on for cheap but his play this year showed he’s barely a NHL caliber dman. Move that cap and regain a asset

Cernak- B-. Our best defensive dman can’t seem to play defense. Great for blocking shots. But boy some of the steps he makes is a big reason why our goalies have given up so many goals this year. I hope he can stay healthy because we are simply stuck with him and that cap hit for a long time. Trading him would be interesting

Raddysh- B.very reliable cheap dman. After that game he scored twice in vs the wild he seemed to gain confidence. Happy we have him for 2 more years

Lilleberg- C+. Ik everyone is on the lilleberg train rn but just because he is physical does not mean he’s playing great. He has been really shaky with the puck recently and has had a really bad playoff performance so far. He’s a rookie so it’s expected but I hope he takes a step up next year because we will need it

Vasy- C+. Play like you have the last week and we’ll be ok
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
6$5,000,000
2$1,500,000
2$4,200,000
5$3,000,000
Trades
TBL
SJS
  1. Alnefelt, Hugo [RFA Rights]
  2. Sheary, Conor
  3. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
TBL
  1. 2025 4th round pick (DAL)
TBL
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (COL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,700,000$87,530,000$0$195,000$170,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$6,250,000$6,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$4,200,000$4,200,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, C, LW
UFA
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$800,000$800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,200,000$5,200,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LD
RFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
RFA - 3
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 30 at 4:30 p.m.
Kuch had 7 pts in 5 playoffs games, he wasn't that bad. Sure I also expected better but Florida defended him really well. So, I disagree with the F playoff grade lmao. I mostly agree with everthing else you said.
Apr. 30 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: Maniaked
Kuch had 7 pts in 5 playoffs games, he wasn't that bad. Sure I also expected better but Florida defended him really well. So, I disagree with the F playoff grade lmao. I mostly agree with everthing else you said.

If you don’t think Kuch deserves a F idk how in depth u were watching. He was lazy, reckless and flat out miserable out there
Apr. 30 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: Jukinators
If you don’t think Kuch deserves a F idk how in depth u were watching. He was lazy, reckless and flat out miserable out there

I watched every single minute of every single game. I get it, he was not as good as usual but you have to keep in mind that he was smothered by the Florida defense all the time. The whole Florida game plan was to keep Kuch of the puck.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll