Youth and Compete

Created by: PenaFanatic
Team: 2024-25 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: May 3, 2024
Published: May 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Explanation:
Smith Deal: Think Smith to a playoff team for a 4th round pick is a fair value 1 year deal for veteran who has won a cup.
Acciari: Again ANY TEAM but little value flip the pick for smith in the end you gain a 6th round pick for Smith and Acciari but get rid of two terrible contracts.
Puljujarvi: I think he was buried by Pens sounds like LA wants to move Kaliyev similar value 1 for 1 probably doesn't happen throw a late pick for comp and call it a day.
Graves: Seen this on this site and Arizona fans didn't lose their minds in the comments so figured get a cheaper option for a guy that sounded like was competing potentially losing job in Arizona. Graves could find his own somewhere else.
Reserve List: Sign those guys and some will play in their own leagues or AHL
RFA: Turcotte I am not sure if LA has given up on him? In this scenario Turcotte is not RFA'd by LA and Pens sign him cheap hoping to turn him into player he was projected to be. Idk though maybe LA signs him or doesn't want to get rid of him for nothing but wasn't sure his value.
St. Ivany I think proved he is a 6th D man for Pens a summer of development gains him a spot. Smart player thrown into a disaster last season think he becomes reliable.
UFA: Debrusk. Love this guys play think you make a splash and sign a UFA forward that can play with Sid. The rest are guys to fill out AHL/ECHL probably re fuel the farm system with guys with some experience in NHL that can maybe be more impactful then AHL guys we have (Lets remember Marc Johnstone experiment this year..)

Pens Issues: Bottom 6 and Reliable Goalies.
Bottom 6: Im not sure this is sufficient enough personally but you are taking a lot of risk with young guys to find themselves. Some unproven and some have lots of ? around them. But with what we have had in the past few years with Carter, Acciari McGinn, Poehling, Archibald, Kappy, ZAR, Boyle, Simon, Zohnorna, Bonino I would argue hard this looks better or more promising.
Goalie: Blomqvist seems to be future. Signed another back up goalie to help in AHL and come up to play if needed.
Having 11 million of cap gives Pens flexibility to make more moves later on.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
3$775,000
3$775,000
3$775,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,800,000
2$950,000
2$850,000
2$1,250,000
2$1,350,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
2$800,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
4$5,500,000
1$850,000
2$800,000
2$850,000
1$850,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Turcotte, Alex$1,350,000No Compensation
Trades
PIT
  1. 2024 4th round pick (CHI)
PIT
  1. 2026 6th round pick (STL)
STL
  1. Acciari, Noel
  2. 2024 4th round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
THIS CAN BE ANY TEAM* Acciari and a 4th in Smith deal for essentially nothing. Acciari has very little to no value
PIT
  1. Kaliyev, Arthur [RFA Rights]
LAK
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse
  2. 2025 4th round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Välimäki, Juuso [RFA Rights]
  2. 2025 4th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Bemström, Emil [RFA Rights]
  2. Graves, Ryan
  3. 2026 3rd round pick (SJS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,500,000$76,011,009$0$77,500$11,488,991

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
C
RFA
$2,450,000$2,450,000
C
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,375,000$5,375,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD
RFA
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
RFA
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 3 at 12:30 p.m.
Danny B is here
U really think the Kings wouldn’t match that?
May 3 at 12:39 p.m.
The ideas here aren't bad, but I'd like to see a little more oomph, so to speak. I agree with you that the bottom 6 is boom or bust, and I'd like a little more certainty there. I'd also want to take a shot at an upgrade to the LHD. POJ looked better when the team got hot down the stretch and I think Valimaki is underrated, but we have the cap space here to improve the roster. Why not bring in a 3C or 2LD on a short term deal?
May 3 at 12:51 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: GMDannyB

Oh it wouldnt shock me if they did I wrote that Turcotte I am not sure if LA has given up on him? In this scenario Turcotte is not RFA'd by LA and Pens sign him cheap hoping to turn him into player he was projected to be. Idk though maybe LA signs him or doesn't want to get rid of him for nothing but wasn't sure his value." Maybe this comes with trade? I don't know either was just an idea.
May 3 at 12:52 p.m.

I think they would if they could. They've got a lot of contracts coming off the books and about $21M to figure that out. That means a big raise for Byfield, replacements/re-signings for Arvidsson and Roy, and figuring out their goaltending again. How much space are they going to be left with for giving Turcotte over $1M if he's not even become an NHL regular? I agree that I think they'll find a way, but I could see teams trying to take a swing at him and see if they can't nickel and dime Turcotte out of LA.
PenaFanatic liked this.
May 3 at 12:54 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: Haymaker26
The ideas here aren't bad, but I'd like to see a little more oomph, so to speak. I agree with you that the bottom 6 is boom or bust, and I'd like a little more certainty there. I'd also want to take a shot at an upgrade to the LHD. POJ looked better when the team got hot down the stretch and I think Valimaki is underrated, but we have the cap space here to improve the roster. Why not bring in a 3C or 2LD on a short term deal?

I deleted some ideas I had I thought maybe Kylington as a guy to bring in. I also debated the idea of Chandler Stevenson but that is also why I left some cap space maybe comes via a trade another idea debated for the bottom 6 Lindholm or Roslovic. I think Pens will give Ponomarev a chance I don't think Poulin makes team I think he is not NHL caliber. Any other ideas to bottom 6?
May 3 at 12:55 p.m.
Pensfan8771
I think they would if they could. They've got a lot of contracts coming off the books and about $21M to figure that out. That means a big raise for Byfield, replacements/re-signings for Arvidsson and Roy, and figuring out their goaltending again. How much space are they going to be left with for giving Turcotte over $1M if he's not even become an NHL regular? I agree that I think they'll find a way, but I could see teams trying to take a swing at him and see if they can't nickel and dime Turcotte out of LA.

I agree with you and think Pens could offer more. Or other teams as well.
Haymaker26 liked this.
May 3 at 12:56 p.m.
The other guys touched on it and I agree with them. Turcotte gets matched. And while I get the thought process I think you need to spend some of that money. If by "make more moves later on" you meant the deadline, you don't need 11mil to get guys at the deadline. I think I'd spend on a 2LD, another forward, or add to Debrusks money and go after Guentzel/Reinhart
May 3 at 12:56 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: PenaFanatic
I agree with you and think Pens could offer more. Or other teams as well.

No updates from LAK Matt Roy and Viktor Arvidsson on contract extensions.

Minimal or no conversations with their agents and team management so far.

Roy would love to return but understands team cap situation.

Arvidsson said injuries prevented any talks.
This was just posted on twitter.
May 3 at 12:57 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: JSEB93
The other guys touched on it and I agree with them. Turcotte gets matched. And while I get the thought process I think you need to spend some of that money. If by "make more moves later on" you meant the deadline, you don't need 11mil to get guys at the deadline. I think I'd spend on a 2LD, another forward, or add to Debrusks money and go after Guentzel/Reinhart

Who is another LD to spend $$ on!
May 3 at 12:58 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
We might be somewhat disenchanted with Kaliyev but not enough to dump him for a proven bust.

Turcotte's Qualifying Offer is $874,125, so the Kings will tender him $900,000 and he'll be happy to take it. His is the sort of minimum-level contract that Haymaker points out the Kings need.
May 3 at 1:00 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: OldNYIfan
We might be somewhat disenchanted with Kaliyev but not enough to dump him for a proven bust.

Turcotte's Qualifying Offer is $874,125, so the Kings will tender him $900,000 and he'll be happy to take it. His is the sort of minimum-level contract that Haymaker points out the Kings need.

Now if not him... What is the vibe around Akil Thomas? Just curious
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 3 at 1:03 p.m.
I’m not opposed to that deal, but I’d only do it if NSH does poorly in FA or they feel some of their young wingers aren’t ready to be full time NHLers yet. The cap hit could be tough though.
May 3 at 1:04 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Now if not him... What is the vibe around Akil Thomas? Just curious

He impressed quite a bit in his regular-season audition after a very good year in Ontario. I think that he makes the team next season, especially because he played all three positions for the Reign and he's a right-shot forward. Expect him to be one of the first RFA re-signings.
May 3 at 2:14 p.m.
Who is another LD to spend $$ on!

Good question - it's not a fantastic list haha. Zadorov, Grzelyck, and Skjei - maybe Brenden Dillon as well. I'm not saying you made any bad moves at all - I just think the team could use a little more help. Which you obviously have the cap space for. This could be a solid team as is - I just think if you have the money to make it better, which you do, might as well go for it. It doesn't necessarily have to be LD, I was just throwing out some possibilities
May 3 at 2:41 p.m.
Pensfan8771
Quoting: JSEB93
Good question - it's not a fantastic list haha. Zadorov, Grzelyck, and Skjei - maybe Brenden Dillon as well. I'm not saying you made any bad moves at all - I just think the team could use a little more help. Which you obviously have the cap space for. This could be a solid team as is - I just think if you have the money to make it better, which you do, might as well go for it. It doesn't necessarily have to be LD, I was just throwing out some possibilities

I think Grzelyck or Skjei would be solid options to short term deals may have a bit higher $ but with 11 million yeah agree
JSEB93 liked this.
May 3 at 2:42 p.m.
I deleted some ideas I had I thought maybe Kylington as a guy to bring in. I also debated the idea of Chandler Stevenson but that is also why I left some cap space maybe comes via a trade another idea debated for the bottom 6 Lindholm or Roslovic. I think Pens will give Ponomarev a chance I don't think Poulin makes team I think he is not NHL caliber. Any other ideas to bottom 6?

I actually thought Poulin looked good during his stint in the NHL. We played with a 4th line of Gruden-Poulin-Puljujarvi for all of one game and it looked like the injection of speed, grit, and youth that we'd been missing, and then we never saw it again. I think Yager gets his 9 games, and maybe stick around if he does well in them. Koivunen was a top Liiga scorer as well, and could make the team as well.

Between Stephenson, Lindholm, and Roslovic, I'd take Ross. I think both Stephenson and Lindholm would ask for a longer term deal, wheras Roslovic would be the most likely to take less term. In 2-3 years, one of Yager, Poulin, or Ponomarev should be a middle 6 C, and we don't need a longer-term veteran in their way.

On the back end, Dillon or Ekman-Larsson are decent bets on a short term deal to see if they can keep up their defensive play from this season. Winnipeg's defensive collapse vs the Avs makes me lean towards betting on OEL keeping up his renaissance for a couple more years, but there still is the risk that it was a product of Florida's system being excellent.
May 3 at 2:46 p.m.
Pensfan8771
I actually thought Poulin looked good during his stint in the NHL. We played with a 4th line of Gruden-Poulin-Puljujarvi for all of one game and it looked like the injection of speed, grit, and youth that we'd been missing, and then we never saw it again. I think Yager gets his 9 games, and maybe stick around if he does well in them. Koivunen was a top Liiga scorer as well, and could make the team as well.

Between Stephenson, Lindholm, and Roslovic, I'd take Ross. I think both Stephenson and Lindholm would ask for a longer term deal, wheras Roslovic would be the most likely to take less term. In 2-3 years, one of Yager, Poulin, or Ponomarev should be a middle 6 C, and we don't need a longer-term veteran in their way.

On the back end, Dillon or Ekman-Larsson are decent bets on a short term deal to see if they can keep up their defensive play from this season. Winnipeg's defensive collapse vs the Avs makes me lean towards betting on OEL keeping up his renaissance for a couple more years, but there still is the risk that it was a product of Florida's system being excellent.

Thats an interesting take and one I should maybe consider with Poulin as well with the talent he was playing with... I think that is fair. I did think about Koivunen but Id like to see him in AHL for a little longer maybe half a season? Plus with new changes in AHL system coming might do some help but OEL would look pretty sweet in a Pens jersey
Haymaker26 liked this.
May 3 at 3:02 p.m.
Thats an interesting take and one I should maybe consider with Poulin as well with the talent he was playing with... I think that is fair. I did think about Koivunen but Id like to see him in AHL for a little longer maybe half a season? Plus with new changes in AHL system coming might do some help but OEL would look pretty sweet in a Pens jersey

I understand the hesitation with Koivunen. Shaping the bottom 6 is an interesting proposal IMO, since we have a lot of guys that I think are good enough to be NHL players (or at least stay out of the AHL consistently) but only DOC, Eller, and Puustinen with guaranteed roster spots. Any of Yager, Ponomarev, Poulin, Koivunen are likely to fight for a roster spot. But we have to decide what to do with Acciari, Nieto, Bemstrom, Puljujarvi, maybe Gruden. That's before any trades or UFA signings. A lot of competition for not a lot of spots.
May 3 at 8:28 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I think AZ declines that deal.
As for Kaliyev, not that I think he has some great value, but pool party there has even less.
Don't see why they would bother with that trade. Maybe they can find someone to give them anything for Kaliyev.
It just won't be the penguins.
May 3 at 8:31 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I understand the hesitation with Koivunen. Shaping the bottom 6 is an interesting proposal IMO, since we have a lot of guys that I think are good enough to be NHL players (or at least stay out of the AHL consistently) but only DOC, Eller, and Puustinen with guaranteed roster spots. Any of Yager, Ponomarev, Poulin, Koivunen are likely to fight for a roster spot. But we have to decide what to do with Acciari, Nieto, Bemstrom, Puljujarvi, maybe Gruden. That's before any trades or UFA signings. A lot of competition for not a lot of spots.

Those aren't hard decisions.
Nieto is probably perm LTIR, he never came back last year off what was suppose to be an 8 week injury.
Gruden is pure AHL fodder
Pool party just got what is probably his last chance at the NHL level. He did about as good as anyone expected at this point. Doubtful he returns to the penguins AHL for him if not stay in europe.
Brenstrom will probably be a 13-14th guy if the youth play, otherwise he'll be a 4th liner.
Acciari either stays or is traded and Eller becomes the 4C.
May 3 at 8:59 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
Those aren't hard decisions.
Nieto is probably perm LTIR, he never came back last year off what was suppose to be an 8 week injury.
Gruden is pure AHL fodder
Pool party just got what is probably his last chance at the NHL level. He did about as good as anyone expected at this point. Doubtful he returns to the penguins AHL for him if not stay in europe.
Brenstrom will probably be a 13-14th guy if the youth play, otherwise he'll be a 4th liner.
Acciari either stays or is traded and Eller becomes the 4C.

We don't know for sure about Nieto
I disagree on Gruden. I thought he was solid and added a physical element we don't really have.
Puljujarvi has another year on his contract and played with a lot more energy than our 4th line usually did this season.
I agree with Bemstrom, but we hold his RFA rights.
And if Eller/Acciari both stay and are then outplayed by young guys? I think Eller stays, but if Acciari isn't traded (assuming anyone wants him) I'd rather want some youth and speed if he doesn't bounce back.

And that doesn't address any of the guys that actually have any potential.
May 3 at 9:05 p.m.
SkateOrDie
We don't know for sure about Nieto
I disagree on Gruden. I thought he was solid and added a physical element we don't really have.
Puljujarvi has another year on his contract and played with a lot more energy than our 4th line usually did this season.
I agree with Bemstrom, but we hold his RFA rights.
And if Eller/Acciari both stay and are then outplayed by young guys? I think Eller stays, but if Acciari isn't traded (assuming anyone wants him) I'd rather want some youth and speed if he doesn't bounce back.

And that doesn't address any of the guys that actually have any potential.

Gruden will be in the AHL, it doesn't matter if you agree that's where he will be, same is true on Puljujarvi unless claimed off waivers.
He's had his last chance really. He didn't do anything with it.
Eller/Acciari is more about how they view the PK. They could both stay on the 4th line, which is going to be a defensive line one way or another. It also helps them with faceoffs.
I think the penguins spots for youth are 3C and 3RW.
They aren't going to ask them to PK. So you need 2 centers who can do that.
Which is why I say they may keep both, but realistically they should probably ship one out... not saying they will. But they should
May 3 at 9:30 p.m.
Gruden will be in the AHL, it doesn't matter if you agree that's where he will be, same is true on Puljujarvi unless claimed off waivers.
He's had his last chance really. He didn't do anything with it.
Eller/Acciari is more about how they view the PK. They could both stay on the 4th line, which is going to be a defensive line one way or another. It also helps them with faceoffs.
I think the penguins spots for youth are 3C and 3RW.
They aren't going to ask them to PK. So you need 2 centers who can do that.
Which is why I say they may keep both, but realistically they should probably ship one out... not saying they will. But they should

I'm not saying for sure who will and won't be in the NHL next year. The whole point of my first reply is that I thought they had quite a few options to choose from. I then went to bat for guys that I thought passed the eye test. Every year there are guys that surprise, that have a meteoric rise or dramatic fall. I'm just keeping my options open.
Even if I thought Puljujarvi showed nothing, that actually makes him better than our usual 4th line options last year. And that was after working his way back from a major surgery.
I'm fairly certain both Gruden and Poulin were PKers in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and Ponomarev's two way game is one of the highlights of his game. Hell, in his NHL stint, Gruden killed penalties. Why do you assume none of those guys would be PKers if they made the NHL roster?
Thus, both Poulin and Ponomarev can play center and kill penalties, so we would have two guys who fill that niche. More if we put Acciari or Poulin on the wing (which we definitely should for Acciari if we keep him anyway).
May 3 at 11:09 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I'm not saying for sure who will and won't be in the NHL next year. The whole point of my first reply is that I thought they had quite a few options to choose from. I then went to bat for guys that I thought passed the eye test. Every year there are guys that surprise, that have a meteoric rise or dramatic fall. I'm just keeping my options open.
Even if I thought Puljujarvi showed nothing, that actually makes him better than our usual 4th line options last year. And that was after working his way back from a major surgery.
I'm fairly certain both Gruden and Poulin were PKers in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and Ponomarev's two way game is one of the highlights of his game. Hell, in his NHL stint, Gruden killed penalties. Why do you assume none of those guys would be PKers if they made the NHL roster?
Thus, both Poulin and Ponomarev can play center and kill penalties, so we would have two guys who fill that niche. More if we put Acciari or Poulin on the wing (which we definitely should for Acciari if we keep him anyway).

You need to win on the dot to be a PK center. Both Acciari and Eller are good faceoff men. This is why they won't let a younger player do that. You lose on the dot, the puck stays in your end. You win you get a clear and time off the clock. They aren't going to take guys who are good on the dot and sit them for younger players.

This is why I say they probably keep both even though they should move 1. Those were 2 of the only guys who really stood out in the bottom 6. All the 4th line wingers were just there. They didn't do anything.
The 3rd line wingers rotated and were here and there. Mainly Smith and Rakell who did a little time there and DOC. You take those 3 off the 3rd line and take way Eller and Acciari and there is nothing there of any value left in the bottom 6 last year.
While a younger player might get the winger role on the PK, I doubt they are getting center role. My guess is they will put DOC out there on one of them as he had the role this year. The other will probably go to Bemstrom if he is a 4th liner. Which he probably will be if they play the youth at 3C and 3RW. So no I don't see them playing them. You have 3 of those forward roles basically set already.

Your 4th line next year probably Bemstrom, Eller, Acciari. 3rd line DOC, ?, ? They will let players try to earn those spots I think. Not rely on them for defense so much, or to PK and just let them try to generate more offense. You have to not flood their plate with responsibility and let them grow.
May 4 at 10:20 a.m.
You need to win on the dot to be a PK center. Both Acciari and Eller are good faceoff men. This is why they won't let a younger player do that. You lose on the dot, the puck stays in your end. You win you get a clear and time off the clock. They aren't going to take guys who are good on the dot and sit them for younger players.

This is why I say they probably keep both even though they should move 1. Those were 2 of the only guys who really stood out in the bottom 6. All the 4th line wingers were just there. They didn't do anything.
The 3rd line wingers rotated and were here and there. Mainly Smith and Rakell who did a little time there and DOC. You take those 3 off the 3rd line and take way Eller and Acciari and there is nothing there of any value left in the bottom 6 last year.
While a younger player might get the winger role on the PK, I doubt they are getting center role. My guess is they will put DOC out there on one of them as he had the role this year. The other will probably go to Bemstrom if he is a 4th liner. Which he probably will be if they play the youth at 3C and 3RW. So no I don't see them playing them. You have 3 of those forward roles basically set already.

Your 4th line next year probably Bemstrom, Eller, Acciari. 3rd line DOC, ?, ? They will let players try to earn those spots I think. Not rely on them for defense so much, or to PK and just let them try to generate more offense. You have to not flood their plate with responsibility and let them grow.

Eller lost more faceoffs on the penalty kill than he won, per Evolving Hockey. And if you take my argument to mean that the young guys will steal our PK spots from Eller and Acciari, you aren't listening. If it were up to me, we'd run Eller/DOC on the top unit, and Acciari and one of Poulin, Ponomarev, or Rust on the 2nd one. Bemstrom never PKed for us. That doesn't mean he won't if he sticks around, but it means the coaches didn't expect him to PK better than Rust, Smith, or Carter this year.

The guys that stood out in the bottom 6 to me were DOC, Eller, and after a while Puustinen. Acciari struggled heavily this year, to the point that I wouldn't include him in any list of notable bottom 6 players. He was solid on the PK and pretty disappointing elsewhere. I expect Smith to be gone and Rakell to be a consistent 2nd liner next season: Bunting-Malkin-Rakell was great down the stretch.
Best-case scenario IMO is a 3rd line of DOC, Puustinen, and either a free agent in the short term or whoever wins the spot between Poulin/Ponomarev. Yager could get his 9 games as well. Give that kid line an opportunity to make an impact, see if they can make a dent in our lackluster rush offense. with
That leaves a 4th line of Eller, Acciari, and whoever else wins a spot. Neither Bemstrom nor Puljujarvi are remarkable options. I wouldn't mind if they were our 13th/14th forwards. I'd prefer another younger guy whose ceiling isn't mediocre 4th liner. Maybe if Poulin doesn't stick at 3C, he does at 4LW. No reason that spot can't be earned as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll