SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Unite Robos

Created by: TheGuvna
Published: May 23 at 3:57 a.m.
Salary Cap: $87,700,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Dallas StarsDallas Stars

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petrovic, AlexDallas StarsMinor-$0011---0000--
Oettinger, JakeDallas StarsNHL-$3,978,495011-------00
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Marner, MitchellToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$10,844,382011---0000--
Robertson, NicholasToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$0011---0000--
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---001------
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$15,946,259133040339
Change-$6,865,887100011
Final$9,080,372 (↓)14 (↑)304034 (↑)10 (↑)000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Marner, MitchellToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$10,844,382011---0000--
Robertson, NicholasToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$0011---0000--
2024 4th round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---001------
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTOR)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Petrovic, AlexDallas StarsMinor-$0011---0000--
Oettinger, JakeDallas StarsNHL-$3,978,495011-------00
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$18,530,3331633452111
Change$6,865,887-1000-1-1
Final$25,396,220 (↑)15 (↓)334520 (↓)10 (↓)000
May 23 at 6:59 a.m.
Goggles86
Again, you cant trade UFA's. And Marner is worth way more than this on his own.
May 23 at 9:13 a.m.
You 100% can trade UFAs. Teams do it to get the exclusive right to negotiate with the player before the open market. Stars traded for Bishop when he was a UFA in 2017.
TDavy1 liked this.
May 23 at 11:31 a.m.
Wedgewood is solid, but I doubt they would consider moving Oettinger unless Woll comes the other way. If that’s the case, then Dallas would also need to add more, likely the Leafs would push for Dellandrea or Bourque but maybe settling on a young player a tier down
May 23 at 11:32 a.m.
With that said, it’s also just very unlikely as Dallas is very well balanced and I highly doubt they get rid of their stability in goal to improve an already dominant forward core
May 23 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: svfsdv

Are you kidding me? That's Jake Oettinger coming back. That's a 25 year old goalie who is elite, makes 4 million this year, and is an rfa at the end of the season. There's no chance the Leafs are getting Oettinger back for Marner.
TheMooterus liked this.
May 23 at 1:21 p.m.

You can trade the rights of UFAs. And Marner isnt a play off performer with a bad cap. Plus no one wants to help the leafs, and Marner is the clear scapegoat tanking his value
May 23 at 1:40 p.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: seckzey
You 100% can trade UFAs. Teams do it to get the exclusive right to negotiate with the player before the open market. Stars traded for Bishop when he was a UFA in 2017.

I will revise as I didnt realize people needed to be babied with explanations. Yes you can trade them. They just add no value to the trade because it doesnt mean anything. You dont own the player in any way.
May 23 at 1:46 p.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: McJoe7
Are you kidding me? That's Jake Oettinger coming back. That's a 25 year old goalie who is elite, makes 4 million this year, and is an rfa at the end of the season. There's no chance the Leafs are getting Oettinger back for Marner.

Yes I know who he is. I agree, Dallas would likely not do this because of the success they are having. That has nothing to do with his actual worth. Marner is a more valuable player than Oettinger is. We cant sit here playing fantasy GM, suggesting trades that would never happen in a million years for any number of reasons, and then complain about technicalities lol The point of these fantasy trades is to look at value. I could just as easily talk about how Marner would never waive to go to Dallas. Or how PIT would never trade Crosby for Marner, even though is would be way better for their team long term. I assumed we all understood the assignment here lol Sorry if you dont. If you dont agree, wait and see in the coming years. We will see who ends up getting paid more. Marner or Oettinger. Its gonna be Marner by a million miles. Because all the teams in the league know who has more actual value.
May 23 at 1:53 p.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: TDavy1
You can trade the rights of UFAs. And Marner isnt a play off performer with a bad cap. Plus no one wants to help the leafs, and Marner is the clear scapegoat tanking his value

I will revise as I didnt realize people needed to be babied with explanations. Yes you can trade them. They just add no value to the trade because it doesnt mean anything. You dont own the player in any way.
Your comment about helping the Leafs is sad and pathetic. In real life, teams do what is best for their team. They dont think like troll fans like yourself.
Marner is in no way a scapegoat. Nobody is suggesting in any way that he isnt a good player. He is being suggested to be moved for more balance on a team that DOES in fact require more balance. Scapegoat suggest a player is a problem. Nobody is suggesting Marner is problem. He is simply in the right contract situation at the right time to make him an obvious trade piece. Nothing more. With unlimited cap, the Leafs would keep him forever and be happy doing it. Thats a ridiculous
and totally tone deaf comment. We will see if the rest of the league agrees with you. Im willing to bet Marner signs with another team. And its for at least as much money as he makes now. If im right, that means the actual professionals agree with me on his value. Not you. Good luck.
May 23 at 2:00 p.m.
Yes I know who he is. I agree, Dallas would likely not do this because of the success they are having. That has nothing to do with his actual worth. Marner is a more valuable player than Oettinger is. We cant sit here playing fantasy GM, suggesting trades that would never happen in a million years for any number of reasons, and then complain about technicalities lol The point of these fantasy trades is to look at value. I could just as easily talk about how Marner would never waive to go to Dallas. Or how PIT would never trade Crosby for Marner, even though is would be way better for their team long term. I assumed we all understood the assignment here lol Sorry if you dont. If you dont agree, wait and see in the coming years. We will see who ends up getting paid more. Marner or Oettinger. Its gonna be Marner by a million miles. Because all the teams in the league know who has more actual value.

Marner will get paid more than Oettinger for sure. Marner has already made more than Oettinger might in his whole career. Goalies don't get paid as much as scorers do.

Where the Leafs are now and where Marner is in terms of value, if they can get Oettinger for him, they're doing it in a second. But you are right about the problem with this deal, there's no universe where Oettinger is available in a Marner trade. It's probably more likely that the Leafs and Stars work out a Marner for Jason Robertson based trade than it is for the Leafs to trade Marner and Nick for Oettinger.
May 23 at 2:11 p.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: McJoe7
Marner will get paid more than Oettinger for sure. Marner has already made more than Oettinger might in his whole career. Goalies don't get paid as much as scorers do.

Where the Leafs are now and where Marner is in terms of value, if they can get Oettinger for him, they're doing it in a second. But you are right about the problem with this deal, there's no universe where Oettinger is available in a Marner trade. It's probably more likely that the Leafs and Stars work out a Marner for Jason Robertson based trade than it is for the Leafs to trade Marner and Nick for Oettinger.

Totally fair. Whats funny is i was working on a Robertson for Marner trade earlier today. To see if I would find a way to entice Dallas enough to take it. My thinking being they are getting old up front with Benn and Seguin. I would wonder if Marner, Cowan, and Minten would do it. Straight up for Robertson. I bet it would. Its just such a crazy overpay that Dallas would be crazy not to take it. But again, it doesnt leave the Leafs enough money left to upgrade the D or goaltending. Taking Oettinger back 1 for 1 would leave them with load of money to dump into the D and also solve the G problem at the same time. But Marner wouldnt do it. Dallas wouldnt do it because it makes no sense from a team construction standpoint. And again, in reality, Marner is the more valuable asset. Just not to these 2 teams.
May 28 at 10:06 a.m.

You: "Again, you cant trade UFAs."

Also, You: "Let me revise because I'm an idiot and did not realize that you can in fact trade UFAs. BuT tHeY aDd No VaLuE."
May 28 at 12:46 p.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: seckzey
You: "Again, you cant trade UFAs."

Also, You: "Let me revise because I'm an idiot and did not realize that you can in fact trade UFAs. BuT tHeY aDd No VaLuE."

lol Sorry facts hurt your feelings and you need to feel like you "won" lol
As I said. Babies. Crying for attention.
One of us understands value and how the system works. AND is willing to admit when they made a typing error.
The other is here for dopamine hits they are addicted too as an internet troll.
Good luck in the basement kid. lol
Jun. 4 at 10:55 a.m.
lol Sorry facts hurt your feelings and you need to feel like you "won" lol
As I said. Babies. Crying for attention.
One of us understands value and how the system works. AND is willing to admit when they made a typing error.
The other is here for dopamine hits they are addicted too as an internet troll.
Good luck in the basement kid. lol

The fact that you are wrong, and you can trade UFAs? Hilarious that you tried correcting OP and were wrong tbh. What exactly was the "typing error"? Just admit you were wrong but don't blame it on a typing error lol. Sorry for informing you and hurting your feelings though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll