SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What's with SJS?

Will they make the playoffs?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 23, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Guys what's up with SJ? I know they have Burnzie and Pavelski but Thornton's getting old, they lost Marleau, and their D after Vlasic and Burns is thin. Plus, comment what you think of Jones? Is he a top 10 goalie like NHL.com says? How will he do this year?
Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:18 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The team is essentially another year older, but without one of their best scorers in Marleau. While this roster is definitely talented enough to make the playoffs, there are too many teams in the West. In their division, Anaheim, Edmonton and Calgary both look very strong, better than the Sharks at least. That leaves the Sharks fighting out the wild card with three teams from the Central. Are the Sharks a better team than the Stars? Blackhawks? Predators? Blues? Wild? Jets? I'd take all except Winnipeg over San Jose.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: krakowitz
The team is essentially another year older, but without one of their best scorers in Marleau. While this roster is definitely talented enough to make the playoffs, there are too many teams in the West. In their division, Anaheim, Edmonton and Calgary both look very strong, better than the Sharks at least. That leaves the Sharks fighting out the wild card with three teams from the Central. Are the Sharks a better team than the Stars? Blackhawks? Predators? Blues? Wild? Jets? I'd take all except Winnipeg over San Jose.

I agree.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.
they just haven't replenished with young guys. a stagnant team who bound to slide in the coming years. next draft don't even have their 2nd and 3rd picks.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.
I think the important thing is Thorton's skating was all ready taking a step backwards and he just had a busted knee. He's still a good cannon, he will just take a little bit longer to get there.
Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: ChiaPetty
I think the important thing is Thorton's skating was all ready taking a step backwards and he just had a busted knee. He's still a good cannon, he will just take a little bit longer to get there.

Does anyone remember after the 1st half of the season last year, Thornton only had one goal (an empty netter). I know he is a playmaker but he's not even what he was 2 years ago.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit