Forums/Armchair-GM

Let the rebuild start...

Created by: Matthieu06
Team: 2017-18 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2018
Published: Feb. 27, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Eject M.Bergevin and his crew... G.Molson goes back to what he knows best. Hire Serge Savard Jr (whoever that is) as president, Julien Brisebois as new GM, get Joel Bouchard and Dominic Ducharme, focus on drafting and player development. Get young blood in that management team. Tell C.Julien we’re in 2018... offense please!
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Henrik, Borgstrom
3$975,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2018 1st round pick (FLA)
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Henrik Borgstrom
MTL
    Best draft pick possible (disregard the team)
    MTL
    1. 2019 4th round pick (COL)
    DET
    1. Lehkonen, Artturi
    2. 2018 1st round pick (FLA)
    3. 2019 3rd round pick (MTL)
    MTL
      Best draft pick possible (disregard the team)
      ARI
      1. Shaw, Andrew
      2. 2019 4th round pick (COL)
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the LAK
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the FLA
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$75,000,000$54,719,642$0$690,000$20,280,358
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 6
      $745,000$745,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      C
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $4,900,000$4,900,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 3
      Henrik, Borgstrom
      $975,000$975,000
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $650,000$650,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $912,500$912,500
      C
      UFA - 1
      $3,750,000$3,750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 4
      $775,000$775,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      C
      UFA - 2
      $1,166,667$1,166,667
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $650,000$650,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 3
      $7,857,143$7,857,143
      RD
      UFA - 9
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $4,625,000$4,625,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $863,333$863,333
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $700,000$700,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $725,000$725,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $700,000$700,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      RW
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 7:06 p.m.
      besides firing managmenet and trading shaw, not bad deals. maybe take a run at tavares as well. and i'm sure our ahl coach is getting fired.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 7:57 p.m.
      Habs4ever
      Serge Savard Sr. is retired. Serge Savard Jr. is a great guy but he is out of hockey and has been for about ten years. He married a great gal from PEI and settled there. Julien is under contract for 4 more yrs and Bergevin is under contract until 2022. This does NOT mean, Molson does not have the financial capacities to remove all of them, because he does. I am just laying out the lay of the land a little. Julien Brisebois as the GM would be an excellent move. He is very smart, hard worker, a student of people. Great guy. Joel Bouchard is all about him and his ego. I spent two hours on the phone with him negotiating a contract of a player and he controlled 90% of the conversation and spent most of the time speaking about himself. This was back in 2012 and I have not had any further contact with him, so maybe he has matured. Ducharme is a good Junior coach but needs seasoning. If you want French, I would go with Pascal Vincent. I have known him since 1997 and he is an excellent hockey mind. I also agree to get rid of current AHL coach. He is too old school, not much of a teacher or communicator. Several of his players from the Hamilton Bulldog days, did not like playing for him.
      math731 liked this.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
      Zuke is the goat
      Quoting: Habs4ever
      Serge Savard Sr. is retired. Serge Savard Jr. is a great guy but he is out of hockey and has been for about ten years. He married a great gal from PEI and settled there. Julien is under contract for 4 more yrs and Bergevin is under contract until 2022. This does NOT mean, Molson does not have the financial capacities to remove all of them, because he does. I am just laying out the lay of the land a little. Julien Brisebois as the GM would be an excellent move. He is very smart, hard worker, a student of people. Great guy. Joel Bouchard is all about him and his ego. I spent two hours on the phone with him negotiating a contract of a player and he controlled 90% of the conversation and spent most of the time speaking about himself. This was back in 2012 and I have not had any further contact with him, so maybe he has matured. Ducharme is a good Junior coach but needs seasoning. If you want French, I would go with Pascal Vincent. I have known him since 1997 and he is an excellent hockey mind. I also agree to get rid of current AHL coach. He is too old school, not much of a teacher or communicator. Several of his players from the Hamilton Bulldog days, did not like playing for him.

Are you an retired player?
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:10 p.m.
      Habs4ever
      Quoting: math731
      Are you an retired player?

I played hockey in Quebec,. was briefly teammates with Claude Lemieux at Junior level and also Eric Desjardins at Midget level. But I never got passed exhibition games in Junior. I went to University and partied my first year, failed and got booted. Did summer school, read how to be successful, started working with at risk students. Got my "big break" in hockey when the late Roger Neilson approached me and encouraged me to get into coaching hockey. I coached for 23 yrs, made it to O and Q level but hated how the players were treated. Got out of hockey completely in 2012, then an owner of a team asked if I would work with players off the ice, on the mental aspects of the game. I have done that since. I have not stepped on the ice since 2012 but have about 100 clients at the O, Q, USHL, NCAA, AHL and NHL level. I spend 8 months per year in Canada and 4 months in Florida. Now I completely understand if some people on here think I am full of poop, but what I just wrote is 100% true. I was sitting in Florida and was reading Sportsnet and decided to create this account. I have fun and do not take things too seriously. I also do not bash or put down anyones ideas, because I do not know if they are 12 or 82 years old. So, it is all for fun. I pretty much only comment on Habs as I grew up in Montreal and watched the many Stanley Cup parades. I also do not reveal personal or private things players talk to me about.
      McPhee_Moustache liked this.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:16 p.m.
      Zuke is the goat
      I played hockey in Quebec,. was briefly teammates with Claude Lemieux at Junior level and also Eric Desjardins at Midget level. But I never got passed exhibition games in Junior. I went to University and partied my first year, failed and got booted. Did summer school, read how to be successful, started working with at risk students. Got my "big break" in hockey when the late Roger Neilson approached me and encouraged me to get into coaching hockey. I coached for 23 yrs, made it to O and Q level but hated how the players were treated. Got out of hockey completely in 2012, then an owner of a team asked if I would work with players off the ice, on the mental aspects of the game. I have done that since. I have not stepped on the ice since 2012 but have about 100 clients at the O, Q, USHL, NCAA, AHL and NHL level. I spend 8 months per year in Canada and 4 months in Florida. Now I completely understand if some people on here think I am full of poop, but what I just wrote is 100% true. I was sitting in Florida and was reading Sportsnet and decided to create this account. I have fun and do not take things too seriously. I also do not bash or put down anyones ideas, because I do not know if they are 12 or 82 years old. So, it is all for fun. I pretty much only comment on Habs as I grew up in Montreal and watched the many Stanley Cup parades. I also do not reveal personal or private things players talk to me about.

Wow! It's really nice to talk with someone like you! Thank you for taking the time to explain everything you had achieve.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
      Habs4ever
      Quoting: math731
      Wow! It's really nice to talk with someone like you! Thank you for taking the time to explain everything you had achieve.

It is actually been a lot of fun. I am anonymous and nobody knows me on here. I do find some of the comments fun and at times out there. But putting a team together is a lot of fun. A lot of research needs to go into the character of the player. When Jiri Fisher (former player turned scout) asked me about a player, I had to tell the truth and say he was not working out, was not taking school seriously and was goofing around a lot. That player had a letter on his jersey and was a very good player at OHL level but his work ethic sucked. He ended up passing on the player and the player never played higher than the ECHL. When the Rangers asked me about a D-man, I also had to tell the truth. All the player needed to do in the off season was train hard and stay in shape. He partied, got drunk and chased girls. I saw him 4 yrs later, super out of shape, smoking cigarettes and completely out of hockey. So character is huge. I always did my research. I spoke with police, teachers, principals, rink workers, to see how the player conducted themselves away from the rink. There is more but I start with character.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:57 p.m.
      It is actually been a lot of fun. I am anonymous and nobody knows me on here. I do find some of the comments fun and at times out there. But putting a team together is a lot of fun. A lot of research needs to go into the character of the player. When Jiri Fisher (former player turned scout) asked me about a player, I had to tell the truth and say he was not working out, was not taking school seriously and was goofing around a lot. That player had a letter on his jersey and was a very good player at OHL level but his work ethic sucked. He ended up passing on the player and the player never played higher than the ECHL. When the Rangers asked me about a D-man, I also had to tell the truth. All the player needed to do in the off season was train hard and stay in shape. He partied, got drunk and chased girls. I saw him 4 yrs later, super out of shape, smoking cigarettes and completely out of hockey. So character is huge. I always did my research. I spoke with police, teachers, principals, rink workers, to see how the player conducted themselves away from the rink. There is more but I start with character.

Merci beaucoup! It's fun to come on here and have people comment on "fantasy" teams respectfuly. It's all about having fun after all. To share your personal experience like this is truly generous on your part. Thanks a lot!
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:02 p.m.
      Edited Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
      BTW, by Serge Savard Jr. I ment somebody with Serge Savard like stature, charisma, smarts and hockey brain (e.g. Stephane Quintal, Vincent Damphousse, somebody...). Doesn't need to be french-canadian but at least being able to speak french.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:06 p.m.
      Habs4ever
      Quoting: Matthieu06
      Merci beaucoup! It's fun to come on here and have people comment on "fantasy" teams respectfuly. It's all about having fun after all. To share your personal experience like this is truly generous on your part. Thanks a lot!

Here is a funny story. Troy Crosby and I had met when we were at same training camp in Verdun. Years later I bump into him in a rink in Halifax and he tells me his son is pretty good. I said Troy, all dads think there son is pretty good. Your son is only six years old. Then I saw him in Bridgewater NS, when his son was playing Bantam AAA. He had great vision and knew where the puck was going but he was so small. But he had two growth spurts that really helped him. Today his son Sydney is pretty good. LOL Another funny story was during an away game. The veterans on the team wanted a few hours of quiet away from Pépé (Claude Lemieux) so, they told him a reporter wanted to do an exclusive story on him and gave him the address. So he gets in a cab, drives across town to an empty warehouse. Of course there was no interview but when he got back to the hotel room, they had a very good laugh.
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
      Here is a funny story. Troy Crosby and I had met when we were at same training camp in Verdun. Years later I bump into him in a rink in Halifax and he tells me his son is pretty good. I said Troy, all dads think there son is pretty good. Your son is only six years old. Then I saw him in Bridgewater NS, when his son was playing Bantam AAA. He had great vision and knew where the puck was going but he was so small. But he had two growth spurts that really helped him. Today his son Sydney is pretty good. LOL Another funny story was during an away game. The veterans on the team wanted a few hours of quiet away from Pépé (Claude Lemieux) so, they told him a reporter wanted to do an exclusive story on him and gave him the address. So he gets in a cab, drives across town to an empty warehouse. Of course there was no interview but when he got back to the hotel room, they had a very good laugh.

I guess Sydney Crosby is an okay hockey player... smile
      Feb. 27, 2018 at 10:23 p.m.
      Habs4ever
      Quoting: Matthieu06
      I guess Sydney Crosby is an okay hockey player... smile

ya he is not too bad. And much more importantly, never one word away from the rink of any scandals. He has over 100 million dollars in salary and sponsors but he is such an amazing guy. He has a nice but not too extravagant house on the water in NS and in the summer he goes out on his jet ski and fishes. That is his escape time. He is well raised. Both Troy and Trina are down to earth people. They live a simple life. The way it should be.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll