Forums/Armchair-GM

I want Carolina's First Round Pick

Created by: HawksFan28
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 8, 2018
Published: Mar. 8, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think the title is self explanatory... I want that #9-14 pick. Why? because I want Joe Veleno. Chicago is the perfect environment for Veleno, and I believe it will be only here in Chicago that Veleno can reach max potential, and shed his "exceptional status bust" image.

Here in Chicago he will have the opportunity to learn from one of the best 2-way centers of the 2010's in Toews, and will be managed by one of the best coaches in NHL history in Quenneville - coach that loves the very style that Veleno plays...

Why does Carolina do this deal? because the only real asset they're giving up is that #9-14 pick.. Kruger is a cap dump, TvR is a RFA and nothing special. So it's basically Anisimov, pick #25 & pick #70 for pick #9-14 (Veleno).....

I can't possibly see how ANYONE could question that trade - it's MORE than fair for Carolina.

As for the rest of the team - it's DEEP with both young and veteran talent - a very, very good mixture of both......

Yes, I put numerous options on #2 LW with an average of 5 per - but it could be a bit more.

Yes, I know it's over cap but the roster is 27 players so obviously not ALL would be included...I put Veleno & Boqvist on the roster to merely demonstrate who the Hawks would take with their picks at the draft if I was responsible for making the picks... Of course they would have an opportunity to make the roster out of camp but like I said it was merely to showcase who I would pick.

Also, I'm trying to point out that putting a legitimate and deep roster together under the cap IS NOT AN ISSUE for Bowman if he plays his cards right..... The Hawks ARE NOT in cap hell as can be clearly seen below ... I believe my salaries are "in the ballpark" on these players - I think if averaged out collectively I would be spot on with the UFA's.

Alright, now flame me and tell me how Ron Francis would have to be absolutely INSANE to do that deal because you know ......"muh hawks hate".
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Veleno, Joe
3$925,000
Sikura, Dylan
3$925,000
2$1,500,000
1$1,500,000
1$2,000,000
1$5,000,000
2$2,500,000
1$900,000
Kovalchuk, Neal, Perron, Ilya, James, David
1$5,000,000
Boqvist, Adam
3$925,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Krüger, Marcus ($1,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Rights to Trevor van Riemsdyk.
2018 Carolina First Round Pick (#12)
CAR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
Additional Details:
2018 First Round Pick (#27) Nashville
2018 Third Round Pick (#75) Chicago
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
28$82,000,000$75,299,295$1,232,500$982,500$6,700,705
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Kovalchuk, Neal, Perron, Ilya, James, David
$5,000,000$5,000,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Sikura, Dylan
$925,000$925,000
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 1
Veleno, Joe
$925,000$925,000
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Boqvist, Adam
$925,000$925,000
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,275,000$5,275,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:14 p.m.
STH
The deal may be fair in terms of value, but it doesnt help the Canes at all. We already have three #2-3 centers and Anisimov is no different. This doesnt make the Canes better at all and we lose a better prospect (assuming Valeno) and extremely reliable/versatile #4-5 D in TVR. Im not saying the trade isn't fair but it's not the type of deal the Canes are going to make.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Rcsherwo
The deal may be fair in terms of value, but it doesnt help the Canes at all. We already have three #2-3 centers and Anisimov is no different. This doesnt make the Canes better at all and we lose a better prospect (assuming Valeno) and extremely reliable/versatile #4-5 D in TVR. Im not saying the trade isn't fair but it's not the type of deal the Canes are going to make.

You have Staal and Rask, and Anisimov can give either one of them a run for their money.... Anisimov is supremely talented, and the only reason why I advocate trading him is because his talents and skill-set doesn't mesh in well with the Hawks core..... Think of it this way - cake is good, pizza is good - now would you mix the two? no, because they just don't mesh well and that's a good analogy here for Anisimov in Chicago.

So I would really have to disagree here - this is a sweetheart deal, one of those deals you cant pass up.

Besides, If I were Bowman I would go out and get what the Canes would "want" for TvR, Kruger and that pick.

Also, It's not like the trade makes or breaks that roster..... I just want Joe Veleno because I believe he would reach max potential here in Chicago and could be the steal of the draft because of that...

I mean the Hawks will be drafting somewhere around there too, but I want to have my cake and eat it and have BOTH Veleno AND Boqvist in the process (smile - because Veleno, Boqvist, Jokiharju, Schmaltz, DeBrincat would be a really nice core for the Hawks moving forward...
TheDachter liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:33 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: Rcsherwo

I don't think the deal is fair for Carolina, TVR isn't necessarily a throw in, and AA has seen his production drop with Kane. Moving that many places for a 2C isn't really a great move.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:45 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: NickC1988
I don't think the deal is fair for Carolina, TVR isn't necessarily a throw in, and AA has seen his production drop with Kane. Moving that many places for a 2C isn't really a great move.

TBH, it's not like this deal makes or breaks getting Veleno, Kruger or TvR..... TvR is a RFA - the Hawks could offer-sheet him for up to 3 per and only have to give up a 3rd in compensation. Kruger can be had for a bag of pucks and Veleno is slotted to go right around where the Hawks are picking so...... I bet Francis would trade Kruger & TVR to the Hawks for a 2nd or 3rd round pick......

Honestly it would be nice to walk away from this draft with a couple of the top 12 prospects.... Outside of the top 5 I love Adam Boqvist & Joe Veleno....

My point is it's not like getting these guys are impossible.... We're not talking Karlsson here.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
Francis wouldn't like this deal but he has no say. He is no longer the gm, and whoever the new one will be must report directly to Tom Dundon. So you have TD to worry about instead
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
Only caution with Veleno is his injuries this year. He was ranked top 5 earlier in the year, but he fell to top 20 based on his injuries. He got traded from Saint Johns and was mainly still one of their best players if he wasn’t injured much.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:19 p.m.
HawksFan28
Quoting: Brinsky12
Only caution with Veleno is his injuries this year. He was ranked top 5 earlier in the year, but he fell to top 20 based on his injuries. He got traded from Saint Johns and was mainly still one of their best players if he wasn’t injured much.

I've been following Veleno closely for a year now...... I think he would fit like a glove on this team - because this is the type of team he would thrive with... Toews and Q ... The perfect match, and you can bet the Hawks are looking at Veleno for sure given where they're picking.

I would love Dalhin too tho, lol but I don't think the Hawks will get that lucky - but Veleno is absolutely a possibility.
TheDachter liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: HawksFan28
I've been following Veleno closely for a year now...... I think he would fit like a glove on this team - because this is the type of team he would thrive with... Toews and Q ... The perfect match, and you can bet the Hawks are looking at Veleno for sure given where they're picking.

I would love Dalhin too tho, lol but I don't think the Hawks will get that lucky - but Veleno is absolutely a possibility.

Hey ya know we can at least dream lol
HawksFan28 liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:29 p.m.
HawksFan28
Hey ya know we can at least dream lol

Well, there is still a chance. Hawks just need to tank hard... I don't know why Toews, Kane, Keith or Seabrook are even trying at this point - they know they're on this team next season - they know their future is entirely in their control. Why not do the Hawks a solid and just be as terrible as possible so next season they can welcome a Dalhin - a kid that will certainly be a significant part of more cup runs....

I mean I can see the kids playing their asses off but the vets? c'mon they all have NMC's they're basically Blackhawks for life... You would think they would be excited about landing a Dalhin.
TheDachter liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:35 p.m.
Well, there is still a chance. Hawks just need to tank hard... I don't know why Toews, Kane, Keith or Seabrook are even trying at this point - they know they're on this team next season - they know their future is entirely in their control. Why not do the Hawks a solid and just be as terrible as possible so next season they can welcome a Dalhin - a kid that will certainly be a significant part of more cup runs....

I mean I can see the kids playing their asses off but the vets? c'mon they all have NMC's they're basically Blackhawks for life... You would think they would be excited about landing a Dalhin.

He’s compared to the next Erik Karlsson. I’ve also noticed the way he carries the puck through the neutral zone reminds me of Victor Hedman on the rush. He’s compared to Erik freaking Karlsson. That’s crazy to me
Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:55 p.m.
HawksFan28
He’s compared to the next Erik Karlsson. I’ve also noticed the way he carries the puck through the neutral zone reminds me of Victor Hedman on the rush. He’s compared to Erik freaking Karlsson. That’s crazy to me

I know, I have watched him a lot this season - a generational talent for sure.

He's Karlsson, Headman and Lidstrom all in one player......

The reality tho is he reminds me a TON of Bobby Orr...... I've been calling him the "Next Bobby Orr" because he is - he's a very similar player.

Odds are the Hawks won't get Dalhin tho....... However, Adam Boqvist is an Erik Karlsson clone and I would love the Hawks to draft him, and he's projected to go 5-7th, which is why I want Carolina's first round pick... The Hawks can use their pick to take Boqvist and Carolina's pick to take Veleno.

I would be thrilled if the Hawks walked away from the draft with Adam Boqvist and Joe Veleno...... The Hawks would have their future core right there in Adam Boqvist, Joe Veleno, Henri Jokiharju, Nick Schmaltz and Alex DeBrincat. Also, Duclair, Hinostroza and Sikura are no slouches either.... The best part is these kids would/will have an opportunity to learn from a core that has won 3 Cups, so the Hawks have the opportunity to be contenders for a very very long time if Bowman plays his cards right.

This is an extremely deep draft, perhaps the best draft ever and if I was Bowman I would try to get as many top 12 picks as possible .... I would absolutely dangle Anisimov and Nashvilles first round pick to move up in the draft..... I think a package of Anisimov, Forsling and pick #25 is certainly a good package... Heck I would consider moving anyone that doesn't have a NMC and isn't named DeBrincat, Schmaltz or Jokiharju to get another pick in the top 12..
Mar. 8, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
I know, I have watched him a lot this season - a generational talent for sure.

He's Karlsson, Headman and Lidstrom all in one player......

The reality tho is he reminds me a TON of Bobby Orr...... I've been calling him the "Next Bobby Orr" because he is - he's a very similar player.

Odds are the Hawks won't get Dalhin tho....... However, Adam Boqvist is an Erik Karlsson clone and I would love the Hawks to draft him, and he's projected to go 5-7th, which is why I want Carolina's first round pick... The Hawks can use their pick to take Boqvist and Carolina's pick to take Veleno.

I would be thrilled if the Hawks walked away from the draft with Adam Boqvist and Joe Veleno...... The Hawks would have their future core right there in Adam Boqvist, Joe Veleno, Henri Jokiharju, Nick Schmaltz and Alex DeBrincat. Also, Duclair, Hinostroza and Sikura are no slouches either.... The best part is these kids would/will have an opportunity to learn from a core that has won 3 Cups, so the Hawks have the opportunity to be contenders for a very very long time if Bowman plays his cards right.

This is an extremely deep draft, perhaps the best draft ever and if I was Bowman I would try to get as many top 12 picks as possible .... I would absolutely dangle Anisimov and Nashvilles first round pick to move up in the draft..... I think a package of Anisimov, Forsling and pick #25 is certainly a good package... Heck I would consider moving anyone that doesn't have a NMC and isn't named DeBrincat, Schmaltz or Jokiharju to get another pick in the top 12..

That Nashville pick will probably sit at over 25 and adding Anisimov to that I bet you may be able to get a pick around maybe 10-15. Ty Smith is over there around 10, Joe Veleno obviously as well.
HawksFan28 liked this.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 5:44 p.m.
HawksFan28
That Nashville pick will probably sit at over 25 and adding Anisimov to that I bet you may be able to get a pick around maybe 10-15. Ty Smith is over there around 10, Joe Veleno obviously as well.

If Bowman is going to use Anisimov as a trade chip it should be to move up in the draft, if he does he should take a defenseman. I like Ty Smith but outside of Dalhin - Adam Boqvist is the best defenseman in the draft..
Mar. 8, 2018 at 5:48 p.m.
You have Staal and Rask, and Anisimov can give either one of them a run for their money.... Anisimov is supremely talented, and the only reason why I advocate trading him is because his talents and skill-set doesn't mesh in well with the Hawks core..... Think of it this way - cake is good, pizza is good - now would you mix the two? no, because they just don't mesh well and that's a good analogy here for Anisimov in Chicago.

So I would really have to disagree here - this is a sweetheart deal, one of those deals you cant pass up.

Besides, If I were Bowman I would go out and get what the Canes would "want" for TvR, Kruger and that pick.

Also, It's not like the trade makes or breaks that roster..... I just want Joe Veleno because I believe he would reach max potential here in Chicago and could be the steal of the draft because of that...

I mean the Hawks will be drafting somewhere around there too, but I want to have my cake and eat it and have BOTH Veleno AND Boqvist in the process (smile - because Veleno, Boqvist, Jokiharju, Schmaltz, DeBrincat would be a really nice core for the Hawks moving forward...

We now got a new mini Anisimov by acquiring Victor Ejdsell in the Hartman trade since Ejdsell plays a similar game to Anisimov and is the same height as him as well. Anisimov’s NMC turns to a partial one in the summer so it would be easier to trade him. Getting rid of that 4 mil cap hit would be important to signing good free agents. Plus you get two lottery draft picks so it’s nice.
HawksFan28 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll