LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,475,000$1,475,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $650,000$650,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      C
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $950,000$950,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 6
      $7,857,143$7,857,143
      RD
      UFA - 8
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $9,000,000$9,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 8
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      $650,000$650,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $725,000$725,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:06 a.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Five stars for taking O'Reilly.
      IMO that is a lot for Hanifin, not very much for O'Reilly.
      I maybe over valuing O'Reilly and undervaluing Hanifin, but you were to offer Buffalo what you are giving to Florida, Botterill would love you till the end of time.
      I know Hanifin is great but he is -20, 3rd worse on the team.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:15 a.m.
      Quoting: GMTD
      Five stars for taking O'Reilly.
      IMO that is a lot for Hanifin, not very much for O'Reilly.
      I maybe over valuing O'Reilly and undervaluing Hanifin, but you were to offer Buffalo what you are giving to Florida, Botterill would love you till the end of time.
      I know Hanifin is great but he is -20, 3rd worse on the team.

Erik Karlsson is -25
      Ekman-Larsson -28
      Brent Burns -16
      Nick Leddy -42
      Etc.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:45 a.m.
      Bickellai Khabibulin
      Actually rate that.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:52 a.m.
      I like all of the personnel results, but not how you got there.

I agree that you've probably overvalued ROR and could hold onto Drouin. You've overpayed for Nash ($1M) and probably are $1.5M high on Carlson, especially if you're giving 7 years. On Stastny, if you're willing to give $7M, then you're way long on term. Try 3 years.

I am not convinced that Hanifin is the next Bobby Orr the way that some Carolina fans do. My inclination would be to trade Pacioretty for a top 4 LD (Shea Theodore, maybe?) and keep Chucky on the LW.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:04 p.m.
      Quoting: Truebeliever

I agree that you've probably overvalued ROR and could hold onto Drouin. You've overpayed for Nash ($1M) and probably are $1.5M high on Carlson, especially if you're giving 7 years. On Stastny, if you're willing to give $7M, then you're way long on term. Try 3 years.

I am not convinced that Hanifin is the next Bobby Orr the way that some Carolina fans do. My inclination would be to trade Pacioretty for a top 4 LD (Shea Theodore, maybe?) and keep Chucky on the LW.

All you're saying makes perfect sense but would not be enough to convince a player to come to Mtl. Mtl is like the Bermuda triangle: Income tax, Climate, Agressive medias.
      There is a team who will offer 6.5M$ or 7M$ for 5 years to Stastny, Nash will stay in Boston for 3.5M$, Carlson will be offered 8.5 or 9M$ for 7 years.
      Alzner should have been signed for 3.5M$ max, but Mtl had to give him 4.6M$ to convince him.
      Remember how Ladd, Ericksson and Okposo got overpaid IOT get them.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:52 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      Quoting: Manfred
      Erik Karlsson is -25
      Ekman-Larsson -28
      Brent Burns -16
      Nick Leddy -42
      Etc.

So do you think that is enough for Hanifin, too much or just the right amount? I would offer that boat load for Burns or Karlsson, I just do not see that for Hanifin, check out the difference in pts for Burns and Karlsson v Hanifin?
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 1:02 p.m.
      Quoting: GMTD
      So do you think that is enough for Hanifin, too much or just the right amount? I would offer that boat load for Burns or Karlsson, I just do not see that for Hanifin, check out the difference in pts for Burns and Karlsson v Hanifin?

I went trough the PK deal. Bergevin gave him 2 years at 2M$+ instead of going for 6M$ for 12 years. 2 years later, PK got 9M$ for 8yrs.
      Hanifin is the same, he is a sure deal.
      PK played his 1st year in NHL at age 21. Hanifin has played 3 yrs in NHL at same age. He has yet to reach his full potential.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 1:05 p.m.
      Eichel Tower
      I went trough the PK deal. Bergevin gave him 2 years at 2M$+ instead of going for 6M$ for 12 years. 2 years later, PK got 9M$ for 8yrs.
      PK played his 1st year in NHL at age 21. Hanifin has played 3 yrs in NHL at same age. He has yet to reach his full potential.

So do you think that is enough for Hanifin, too much or just the right amount?
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
      Only looking at the Buffalo deal..... I think what you offered is fair to both sides.

If I am GMBots if you take Drouin out of the deal then I walk away. I will keep ROR as my #2C and allow him to play his game while Mittelstadt develops.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:47 p.m.
      Can I just say one thing?

You can't just trade players for picks like that. Its a cliche on this site that so many people do and its annoying. Some of those guys have value yes, but not in a "trade for picks" type of way. Except for Benn since he's already pretty cheap. Pending UFA's at the TDL are a different thing because the contract is almost over and teams are just bulking up for the playoffs. But with players with long term contracts......rare rare rare! (just traded for picks that is)

I don't think there is one single team in the league that will take Alzner for even a 7th round pick in 2025. Why? Because they know MTL doesn't want him anymore. Therefore they will make the price to take him off MTL's hands: NEGATIVE VALUE. Alzner may very well be still a decent bottom pairing guy that could help a team but convincing anyone of that is tough due to his crappy and predictable season. Its not about what you paid for him or what you think he's worth. Its about what is the market for a player like that. I'm no expert but if im simply going on what I've gathered and seen, I wouldn't trade for him under almost any circumstance unless another bad contract of mine was going the other way.

That also goes for the other side! Petry is good dman. IF you don't like him, fine. You don't have to like him. Trade him if you want but do it knowingly that he has value and teams would love to have a guy like that. Maybe not for 1st rounder but for another player you may like who is also good! Some teams have a ton of centers that they can afford to trade one for a RHD. See Henrique for Vatanen for example.

So do the hard work of actually trying to move those players for fair value and not just wishing them away and resigning a whole new set of UFA's to big contracts. In reality, we won't be able to do all this. Its virtually impossible. Some of the trades could work but simply trading 20M of contracts away for nothing is wishful thinking.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 4:42 p.m.
      Quoting: F50marco

You can't just trade players for picks like that. Its a cliche on this site that so many people do and its annoying. Some of those guys have value yes, but not in a "trade for picks" type of way. Except for Benn since he's already pretty cheap. Pending UFA's at the TDL are a different thing because the contract is almost over and teams are just bulking up for the playoffs. But with players with long term contracts......rare rare rare! (just traded for picks that is).

It's a reasonable screed, but rather than having eight silly trades that everyone then fixates on ("OMG, you think Detroit would give a 6th for SCHLEMKO?!!! Are you a f*cking 'tard...?") it's just easier to say you'll move 'em, demote them or buy them out. One way or another, each one will be somewhere else and won't be on the main roster come the next season. I much prefer the "free to a good home" garage sale than the one-by-one ridiculousness, and it cuts down on the trolling by a ton.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 5:19 p.m.

You can't just trade players for picks like that. Its a cliche on this site that so many people do and its annoying. Some of those guys have value yes, but not in a "trade for picks" type of way. Except for Benn since he's already pretty cheap. Pending UFA's at the TDL are a different thing because the contract is almost over and teams are just bulking up for the playoffs. But with players with long term contracts......rare rare rare! (just traded for picks that is)

I don't think there is one single team in the league that will take Alzner for even a 7th round pick in 2025. Why? Because they know MTL doesn't want him anymore. Therefore they will make the price to take him off MTL's hands: NEGATIVE VALUE. Alzner may very well be still a decent bottom pairing guy that could help a team but convincing anyone of that is tough due to his crappy and predictable season. Its not about what you paid for him or what you think he's worth. Its about what is the market for a player like that. I'm no expert but if im simply going on what I've gathered and seen, I wouldn't trade for him under almost any circumstance unless another bad contract of mine was going the other way.

That also goes for the other side! Petry is good dman. IF you don't like him, fine. You don't have to like him. Trade him if you want but do it knowingly that he has value and teams would love to have a guy like that. Maybe not for 1st rounder but for another player you may like who is also good! Some teams have a ton of centers that they can afford to trade one for a RHD. See Henrique for Vatanen for example.

So do the hard work of actually trying to move those players for fair value and not just wishing them away and resigning a whole new set of UFA's to big contracts. In reality, we won't be able to do all this. Its virtually impossible. Some of the trades could work but simply trading 20M of contracts away for nothing is wishful thinking.

You might be right about ALZNER but you are so wrong about everything else. Good luck day dreaming, I have to give it you, you have a great imagination.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 5:21 p.m.
      It's a reasonable screed, but rather than having eight silly trades that everyone then fixates on ("OMG, you think Detroit would give a 6th for SCHLEMKO?!!! Are you a f*cking 'tard...?") it's just easier to say you'll move 'em, demote them or buy them out. One way or another, each one will be somewhere else and won't be on the main roster come the next season. I much prefer the "free to a good home" garage sale than the one-by-one ridiculousness, and it cuts down on the trolling by a ton.

I don't have a clue what you're saying.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 6:40 p.m.

I get it. It does resolve the needless exaggeration but when pretty much the entire AGM is based on getting rid of what, 15M in cap and replacing it with 15M in top free agent talent, you can tell its not being realitsic from the start.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 6:43 p.m.
      You might be right about ALZNER but you are so wrong about everything else. Good luck day dreaming, I have to give it you, you have a great imagination.

Day dreaming? Im the one trying to tamper expectations not add to them. Looks like you are the one day dreaming there pointdexter. But good look signing every free agent while getting rid of all the big contracts you don't want.

Oh yeah you forgot Tavares. Might as well move Weber and Price for nothing in return again......
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 8:58 p.m.
      Day dreaming? Im the one trying to tamper expectations not add to them. Looks like you are the one day dreaming there pointdexter. But good look signing every free agent while getting rid of all the big contracts you don't want.

Oh yeah you forgot Tavares. Might as well move Weber and Price for nothing in return again......

This site is not real. It is all about fun and fantasy.
      Stop talking like if it was real and if you were dealing real players in the real world. This is not reality. Wake up!
      Open your eyes to the real world! This site is not reality.
      Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
      This site is not real. It is all about fun and fantasy.
      Stop talking like if it was real and if you were dealing real players in the real world. This is not reality. Wake up!
      Open your eyes to the real world! This site is not reality.

I'M HAVING FUN!!!! laugh

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll