Riley nash is no 2nd liner.... hello sir bruins fan here! He’s like a step up from girgensons his entire career until this year, but he got points from playing with elite 1st and 2nd liners this year due to injuries. He’s a solid guy I can’t say enough about how he’s played this season, but if you’re putting him with C.J. smith and Pominville prepare for 25 points out of him. I can’t Think you’d want that for the 3m+ it’d take to sign him.
Yeah I didn’t sign anyone because I think you need to add one more top 5 guy. Either that or you need an all star goalie to make the playoffs. Falling in between doesn’t help as much... do you really want to end up the 12th worst team just to say you won more games? I’d rather have the top 5 guy because he’s going to form a quad of stars with Eichel, mittelstadt, Dahlin and player x. That’s the ticket to the dance imo.
Fill in around them with ufa in one seasons time when you have 20m cap. Then another 5m player brought in when bogo leaves. I’m hoping JBott was the foresight to tank one more season and then make a giant push for the playoffs. It was much more interesting playing buffalo 5 times a year when they were competitive with Boston. Vanek is the biggest bruins slayer so maybe mittelstadt or player x could become that as well.
1. I am not looking for Nash to be the answer I am just looking for him to play a role which is to allow Mittelstadt to develop without expectation or pressure;
2. I am not looking for the nor do I expect the Sabres to even come close to contending for a playoff spot. The Sabres are a minimum of 2 years away from competing for a playoff spot;
3. Per point #2 the Sabres do not need a top end goalie. Let Ullmark assume the role of #1 and let him develop;
4. Per point #2 you are not in search of the answer in 18/19 you need Eichel to mature into his role as captain, Mittelstadt needs to develop his game in the big leagues, Guhle same as Mittelstadt, Nylander see Guhle & Mittelstadt, Risto needs to stop playing 25+ minutes a game & Dahlin do not make the same mistake as you did with jack and putting the pressure and expectation that HE is the savior;
5. That is why I do not think you deal ROR unless you get a deal that is very very sweet & your deal does that;
6. Larsson is not the answer actually he is one who needs to move on..... his game is not what you want your young core to see as the example;
7. You can look to grab a top 5 free agent but I think that is too much risk instead develop the talent you have in your system.... Asplund, Olofosson, CJ Smith, Rodrigues & pick #32 from the 2018 draft;
8. I would say put a trade together for Hagelin and let him be your #1LW with Jack;
Thanks for the back and forth I enjoy the discussion and debate.