SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Comment. Or Don’t. I’m Not Your Mom.

Comment. Or Don’t. I’m Not Your Mom.

Draft Class: 2018
Created By: Hawkisles
Published: May 12, 2018 at 5:19 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Top pairing of Ristolainen and Dahlin sounds too good to pass up on. Also, Dahlin is far and away the best guy in this draft.
2Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-I know Zadina has chemistry with Necas, but I think Svechnikov is just too talented to pass on. I have a tough time believing Svechnikov won’t find chemistry with someone on Carolina.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Wouldn’t be shocked if Montreal trades down for a talented center in the 10s. If they don’t they pick Zadina, making their wealth of wingers even more readable for a Center.
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa needs a left shooting defenseman,but Boqvist is an archetypal new NHL Defenseman. When you see the game go a certain direction, you should draft in preparation for that direction. I could see Bouchard getting picked here, but think Boqvist‘s ceiling to just too high.
5Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Family connection aside, Arizona is already stacked with Defensive prospects. Tkatchuk completes a future top 6 group already containing Strome and Keller. All the need now is a goalie of the future...
6Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With a rapidly aging defensive corps I see Detroit going for the a new NHL option. He’ll be a quick fan favorite given his spot on Michigan’s roster.
7Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Wahlstrom should probably get drafted around here, but Vancouver is about to be stacked on offense. Vancouver should be more than happy to pick up a big bodied but fast Bouchard.
8Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-After picking up young forwards DeBrincat and Schmaltz, Chicago should start building their defensive options. Dobson is a big body who can hit, but also passes up ice very well. A great fit for a traditionally speedy team.
9Logo of the New York Rangers-Having just started their rebuild, the Rangers shouldnt have too much of a bias going in their pick. Wahlstrom is the best guy on the board, so that’s who they pick.
10Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton needs defense, but when you ha e a generationally good player on your roster like McDavid, you have to do everything you can to find his wingman. Farabee is fast, has a great shot and is known for being hard working. I have a hard time seeing McDavid not meshing with him.
11Logo of the New York Islanders-Whether or not Tavares stays, the Isles have no depth at center in their prospect pool. Veleno has a high ceiling while still being a safe pick. He’s quick, and passes well, and is responsible defensively. Sounds like an ideal center to play behind Barzal.
12Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Calgary FlamesSnow has never hesitated it comes to risky picks. The Isles desperately need RHD prospects, while Merkley has holes in his game, he’s got great speed and a good pass. If the Isles didn’t just take a safe, 2 Way Center, they might pass on Merkley. But they did, so they do. Though if Dobson or Bouchard somehow fall this far, the Isles will take one of them and Merkley will slide far.
13Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas is already a balanced team with a rather unspecialuzed prospect pool. Kotkaniemi is just the best guy on the board so that’s who they take.
14Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the St. Louis BluesBig physical defenseman who passes up Ice well? He already sounds like a Philly defenseman.
15Logo of the Florida Panthers-I can’t believe I had him fall this far, but there really isn’t much of a demand for LHDs not named Dahlin. Still, Florida already has Ekblad, so they’re one of the few teams to be seeking out LHDs. Smith is a good fit for Florida, and in my opinion is much better than a 15 overall pick suggests.
16Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
17Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
18Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
19Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
20Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
21Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
22Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
23Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
25Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
26Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Nashville Predators
28Logo of the Washington Capitals-
29Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
30Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
31Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
May 12, 2018 at 9:24 p.m.
"Arizona is already stacked with Defensive prospects" Chychrun, Joseph, and... Capobianco? They 'Yotes could really use a top defenseman like Boqvist. The Sens could also use a top defense prospect but they have another first rounder and Tkachuk is very skilled so they should take Tkachuk. Coyotes take Boqvist. Smith easily could fall that far, he always tries to slow down the game, which is not a good thing in the speed NHL nowadays.
May 12, 2018 at 10:36 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
"Arizona is already stacked with Defensive prospects" Chychrun, Joseph, and... Capobianco? They 'Yotes could really use a top defenseman like Boqvist. The Sens could also use a top defense prospect but they have another first rounder and Tkachuk is very skilled so they should take Tkachuk. Coyotes take Boqvist. Smith easily could fall that far, he always tries to slow down the game, which is not a good thing in the speed NHL nowadays.

I'll second this: the only real piece Arizona is missing is a game-breaking RHD. If Boqvist isn't available, then it's Bouchard. If I'm Chayka, I'm praying Boqvist is available, and I'm doing everything possible to sell OEL on the young Swede being the final piece of the puzzle. It'd be in Ekman-Larsson's interest to stick around and mentor the kid.

Also, Ottawa best be in don't-be-****-mode next season considering Colorado has their 1st Round pick in 2019. Tkachuk, even though he might commit to college should Ottawa take him, should be looking to take the best player available that can help them next season. I think Tkachuk is that guy, and considering their only decent LW is Hoffman, he fits in nice in the top-6.
May 13, 2018 at 7:20 a.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I'll second this: the only real piece Arizona is missing is a game-breaking RHD. If Boqvist isn't available, then it's Bouchard. If I'm Chayka, I'm praying Boqvist is available, and I'm doing everything possible to sell OEL on the young Swede being the final piece of the puzzle. It'd be in Ekman-Larsson's interest to stick around and mentor the kid.

Also, Ottawa best be in don't-be-****-mode next season considering Colorado has their 1st Round pick in 2019. Tkachuk, even though he might commit to college should Ottawa take him, should be looking to take the best player available that can help them next season. I think Tkachuk is that guy, and considering their only decent LW is Hoffman, he fits in nice in the top-6.

If the Coyotes figure out that Ottawa is drafting Boqvist, they need to trade with them. Maybe Perlini/Dvorak, Capobianco or some other decent (but not top four) defenseman, and the Coyotes pick all for the Sens pick.

If I'm the Sens, I still wouldn't accept this deal because the Sens still don't have an exceptional defense prospect (aside from Chabot) and they cannot just put it off until 2019 because they don't have a first in 2019.
May 13, 2018 at 10:51 a.m.
xd
Way too early for Isles to pick Merkley, while Bode Wilde, Ty Smith, Rasmus Sandin and Adam Ginning are still up there.
May 13, 2018 at 2:31 p.m.
Svech probably finds Chemistry with Valintin Zykov another russian sniper. Bth can score goals both can assist. Put Necas in the middle and thats one of the best young lines in hockey.
Hawkisles liked this.
May 13, 2018 at 7:54 p.m.
GoCanada
Great reports, replace Merkely with Ty Smith and its perfect
Hawkisles liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll