Bowman being bold and trading toews

Created by: ChiHawks34
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 12, 2018
Published: May 12, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CHI
    Tavares Rights if Tavares wanted to move on.
    NYI
      Toews and 2018 chicago 1st
      CHI
      1. 2019 1st round pick (VGK)
      2. 2020 2nd round pick (DAL)
      Additional Details:
      Schmidt, eakin,
      VGK
        Toews
        CHI
        1. 2019 2nd round pick (NJD)
        Additional Details:
        Butcher, Palmeiri
        NJD
          Toews
          CHI
            FAULK, TEUVO,
            CAR
              Toews 2019 2nd.
              CHI
                OEL
                ARI
                  TOEWS, FORSLING 2019 2nd
                  CHI
                    Pacioretty, Gallagher
                    MTL
                      Toews 2019 2nd
                      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the VGK
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the NJD
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the BOS
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the ANA
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the DAL
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      Logo of the CHI
                      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                      17$75,000,000$59,849,295$1,232,500$1,907,500$15,150,705
                      Left WingCentreRight Wing
                      $5,000,000$5,000,000
                      LW, RW
                      UFA - 3
                      $10,500,000$10,500,000
                      C
                      NMC
                      UFA - 5
                      $2,625,000$2,625,000
                      RW
                      NMC
                      UFA - 5
                      $4,550,000$4,550,000
                      C, LW
                      M-NTC
                      UFA - 3
                      $5,275,000$5,275,000
                      RW
                      NMC
                      UFA - 3
                      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
                      LW, RW, C
                      UFA - 1
                      $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
                      LW, RW
                      UFA - 2
                      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
                      RW, C
                      UFA - 1
                      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                      $5,538,462$5,538,462
                      LD
                      NMC
                      UFA - 5
                      $6,875,000$6,875,000
                      RD
                      NMC
                      UFA - 6
                      $6,000,000$6,000,000
                      G
                      M-NTC, NMC
                      UFA - 2
                      $1,200,000$1,200,000
                      LD
                      UFA - 2
                      $3,850,000$3,850,000
                      RD
                      UFA - 4
                      $750,000$750,000
                      G
                      UFA - 1
                      $650,000$650,000
                      LD/RD
                      UFA - 1
                      $2,250,000$2,250,000
                      LD/RD
                      UFA - 1
                      $925,000$925,000
                      D
                      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:06 p.m.
                      True Reverse Retro
                      Please tell me you know that these are all ridiculous trades. In just about every trade, the other team is overpaying for Toews...especially considering the fact that he's on a $10.5M contract for the next 5 years.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:11 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Quoting: J_Sand3rs
                      Please tell me you know that these are all ridiculous trades. In just about every trade, the other team is overpaying for Toews...especially considering the fact that he's on a $10.5M contract for the next 5 years.

all of them are ridiculous? no they are not. Secondly, who else besides tavares are teams dying for a 1C going to get? please enlighten me. 1C is hard to come by so yes teams will have to pay more for it. some trades are an overpay slightly but that is what they would have to do for a 1C.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:21 p.m.
                      what is bold, is that you don't respect Toews NMC,s. And if teams have 10.5m to spend....they can spend it better than on Toews. And off course you want a full value and more for Toews. Lots of reasons he doesn't get traded.
                      your realize vegas in in the final four with toews. hardly need his cap hit and you want them to trade two regulars and two picksshakes head
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:22 p.m.
                      Bro these trades are crazy. No one and I mean absolutely nobody would do any of these. Everybody just watched him look very average this year and when add on that saddlebag of a contract, no thank you. I mean any team who wanted him would most likely want Draisaitl first. You gotta remember it’s all what have you done for me lately.
                      vinnylou and TheMooterus liked this.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:24 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Quoting: StLHockey
                      Bro these trades are crazy. No one and I mean absolutely nobody would do any of these. Everybody just watched him look very average this year and when add on that saddlebag of a contract, no thank you. I mean any team who wanted him would most likely want Draisaitl first. You gotta remember it’s all what have you done for me lately.

vegas traded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for tomas tatar, but they wouldn't trade a 3C, 2nd paring D a late ass 1st and 2nd for toews? butcher, a 50 point forward and a 2nd for toews they wouldn't do? islanders if they had to let go of tavares wouldn't want toews and a #8 pick in the draft to replace tavares with a 1C? Pacioretty, Gallagher who had one great year and a 2nd is too much for a 1C? **** i see montreal fans throwing pacioretty away for garbage with a smile on their face and these trades are crazy? i get the vancouver trade is bad, i saw that after i published it, maybe the arizona trade is reaching as well but other than that i think they are fair.
                      vinnylou liked this.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:27 p.m.
                      Vinnylou
                      I hope Montreal and Chicago do this. That'd be so cool. Hahaha
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
                      True Reverse Retro
                      Edited May 12, 2018 at 9:57 p.m.
                      Quoting: ChiHawks34
                      all of them are ridiculous? no they are not. Secondly, who else besides tavares are teams dying for a 1C going to get? please enlighten me. 1C is hard to come by so yes teams will have to pay more for it.

Carolina - Jordan Staal put up similar production to Toews, arguably with worse wingers. For the cost, Staal is as good of an option at 1C as Toews and doesn't cost $10.5M.

Arizona - He's 19 years old and put up better production that Toews...definitely with worse wingers. Arizona has a 1C in Keller

New York Islanders - Matthew Barzal. Over a PPG player as a rookie this year. Even if Tavares leaves, they have a 1C in Barzal

Vegas Golden Knights - William Karlsson...78 points in 82 games. They don't need a way overpriced Toews when they have Karlsson at 1C

Montreal Canadiens - Even with Pacioretty and Gallagher going to Chicago in your trade, Gallagher still put up similar production to Toews. $10.5M is a ton of money for a guy who is putting up the same production as someone already on the roster...especially for a team that could be entering a retool/rebuild. Taking on a top of cap isn't going to be in Montreal's best interest.

New Jersey Devils - Nico Hischier put up identical numbers to Toews, as a rookie. His numbers may be inflated due to the fact that he had Hall on his LW side, but if I'm New Jersey, I'm perfectly content keeping my best young defenseman & my draft picks and letting Hischier Center that top line. Because of what they'd have to give up, the Toews trade doesn't make them any better of a team.

Vancouver Canucks - This is the scenario that makes the most sense. Vancouver does have a hole at 1C that needs to be filled. However, with Toews already being on a bad contract, I don't see them taking on ANOTHER bad contract in Seabrook.

Look, Toews isn't a bad player or anything, but he's bad for the contract that he's on. A player with a $10.5M contract should be a player that is putting up PPG numbers. His offensive game hasn't really lived up to that massive contract. Sure, his defensive game is pretty sound, but is it worth that mega contract? It's really not. To put it in perspective, Boston is only paying Bergeron $6.875M per season, and he's currently the best two-way forward in the game...and putting up better offensive numbers that Toews.

It's going to be extremely hard to move Toews massive contract, because of the term left on the deal. You're just asking for too much from some of these teams...especially the ones that are rebuilding. Moving him is not impossible, but you're not gonna move him with these deals.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:32 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Carolina - Jordan Staal put up similar production to Toews, arguably with worse wingers. Staal is as good of an option at 1C as Toews and doesn't cost $10.5M

Arizona - He's 19 years old and put up better production that Toews...definitely with worse wingers. Arizona has a 1C in Keller

New York Islanders - Matthew Barzal. Over a PPG player as a rookie this year. Even if Tavares leaves, they have a 1C in Barzal

Vegas Golden Knights - William Karlsson...78 points in 82 games. They don't need a way overpriced Toews when they have Karlsson at 1C

Montreal Canadiens - Even with Pacioretty and Gallagher going to Chicago in your trade, Gallagher still put up similar production to Toews. $10.5M is a ton of money for a guy who is putting up the same production as someone already on the roster...especially for a team that could be entering a retool/rebuild. Taking on a top of cap isn't going to be in Montreal's best interest.

New Jersey Devils - Nico Hischier put up identical numbers to Toews, as a rookie. His numbers may be inflated due to the fact that he had Hall on his LW side, but if I'm New Jersey, I'm perfectly content keeping my best young defenseman & my draft picks and letting Hischier Center that top line. Because of what they'd have to give up, the Toews trade doesn't make them any better of a team.

Vancouver Canucks - This is the scenario that makes the most sense. Vancouver does have a hole at 1C that needs to be filled. However, with Toews already being on a bad contract, I don't see them taking on ANOTHER bad contract in Seabrook.

Look, Toews isn't a bad player or anything, but he's bad for the contract that he's on. A player with a $10.5M contract should be a player that is putting up PPG numbers. His offensive game hasn't really lived up to that massive contract. Sure, his defensive game is pretty sound, but is it worth that mega contract? It's really not. To put it in perspective, Boston is only paying Bergeron $6.875M per season, and he's currently the best two-way forward in the game...and putting up better offensive numbers that Toews.

It's going to be extremely hard to move Toews massive contract, because of the term left on the deal. You're just asking for too much from some of these teams...especially the ones that are rebuilding. Moving him is not impossible, but you're not gonna move him with these deals.

toews linemates for the past 3 years were vinny hinastroza, saad, and another 3rd liner. he has had **** lines for 3 years.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:33 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      I updated some of the trades and completely canceled the vancouver one which was the worst.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
                      True Reverse Retro
                      toews linemates for the past 3 years were vinny hinastroza, saad, and another 3rd liner. he has had **** lines for 3 years.

Doesn't change anything I said. All of these teams listed (with the exception of Vancouver) all have guys that are performing as well as Toews, if not better, and they are coming at significantly less money than Jonathan. You're going to either have to retain half of his contract or ask for less from these teams.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Carolina - Jordan Staal put up similar production to Toews, arguably with worse wingers. Staal is as good of an option at 1C as Toews and doesn't cost $10.5M

gallagher had one good year dude. past years he didn't put up crap. Nico will be a career #2, Karlsson will not get that kind of year again and you know that, i can bet you right now canes fans would rather trade staal and have toews than not.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:41 p.m.
                      True Reverse Retro
                      gallagher had one good year dude. past years he didn't put up crap. Nico will be a career #2, Karlsson will not get that kind of year again and you know that, i can bet you right now canes fans would rather trade staal and have toews than not.

But not for that money. That's what I'm saying. Sure, he may be a good 1C, but these teams either A) have a young center that is already better than Toews (Keller, Barzal, etc.) or they have a 1C that is close enough in comparison to Toews that it doesn't warrant that team spending $10.5M on a player that might only be marginally better than their current option (Karlsson, Staal, Hischier, etc.). Retain some salary and then these teams would be much more likely to consider these deals.
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:43 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      But not for that money. That's what I'm saying. Sure, he may be a good 1C, but these teams either A) have a young center that is already better than Toews (Keller, Barzal, etc.) or they have a 1C that is close enough in comparison to Toews that it doesn't warrant that team spending $10.5M on a player that might only be marginally better than their current option (Karlsson, Staal, Hischier, etc.). Retain some salary and then these teams would be much more likely to consider these deals.

i changed trades significantly and erased vancouver all together. see if it is better to where you are thinking. but i am still laughing at you comparing staal to toews though lol. staal has not had a 60 point season in h is entire career.... also hit 50 points once looool
                      May 12, 2018 at 9:56 p.m.
                      Who adds what?
                      I think the first and the last one are pretty close. Toews isn't worth Tavares, but if NYI are looking at paying Tavares 100M or more to be a 2nd line center behind Barzal he's 36, or just committing 50M to Toews until 35.... obviously Tavares is two years younger right now and coming off a better season, so the Hawks throw in a fair bit, but I coudl see the Isles shrugging it off and calling Toews at 10.5 about as good as Tavares at 12 or more.

The Habs really need a center. Last summer they would have totally made that deal. At the moment, Gallagher's their hot hand, and Toews is looking kind of weak. So no. But some pair of wings.... Might have to take back a cap dump, and anybody's guess which defenseman that means, but it's not like Chicago couldn't use them.
                      ChiHawks34 liked this.
                      May 12, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.
                      True Reverse Retro
                      i changed trades significantly and erased vancouver all together. see if it is better to where you are thinking. but i am still laughing at you comparing staal to toews though lol. staal has not had a 60 point season in h is entire career.... also hit 50 points once looool

Not once did I say that Staal was better than Toews. Over the past two seasons Toews has put up 19 more points than Staal, and cost $9M more than him as well.

Over the next 2 seasons, the Hurricanes will realistically have to re-sign: Lindholm, Skinner, Teravainen, Martinook, Nordstrom, Aho, McGinn, DiGiuseppe, Hanifin, Dahlbeck, & van Riemsdyk. The Hurricanes can't be in the business of taking on bad contracts if they want to re-sign these guys. If I'm Carolina, I'm happily taking 10 fewer points per season out of Skinner if it means that I get to re-sign most/all of my young core, as opposed to trading for the extra 10 points and losing out on a couple of key pieces to the teams future, because I can't afford them.

Chicago went on a great run when they were winning their Cups, but this is the price that they are going to have to pay for signing Toews, Kane, Seabrook, etc. to terrible contracts. They are more likely than not going to have to retain a ton of salary to move them, buy them out (horrible idea), or just wait out their contracts.

Guys like Toews and Kane have plenty of talent left in them. I'll even go so far as to say that they are still in their primes (which they are), but Toews and Seabrook haven't lived up to their massive contracts as of late and teams that are interested in those guys would have to evaluate their needs vs. what it would do to their cap space both this year, and over the next 5 years.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you over matters of opinion. I've given you my facts and my opinions and if you still believe what you believe, then that's your prerogative. Have a good weekend.
                      Eli liked this.
                      May 12, 2018 at 10:07 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Quoting: Eli
                      I think the first and the last one are pretty close. Toews isn't worth Tavares, but if NYI are looking at paying Tavares 100M or more to be a 2nd line center behind Barzal he's 36, or just committing 50M to Toews until 35.... obviously Tavares is two years younger right now and coming off a better season, so the Hawks throw in a fair bit, but I coudl see the Isles shrugging it off and calling Toews at 10.5 about as good as Tavares at 12 or more.

The Habs really need a center. Last summer they would have totally made that deal. At the moment, Gallagher's their hot hand, and Toews is looking kind of weak. So no. But some pair of wings.... Might have to take back a cap dump, and anybody's guess which defenseman that means, but it's not like Chicago couldn't use them.

hell, ill take petry off their hands and instead of a 2nd at a 1st and a solid prospect
                      May 12, 2018 at 10:12 p.m.
                      Who adds what?
                      hell, ill take petry off their hands and instead of a 2nd at a 1st and a solid prospect

Petry actually got points this year. I meant which of Alzner or Weber to go with Pacioretty and Lehkonen.
                      May 12, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
                      ChiHawks34
                      Quoting: Eli
                      Petry actually got points this year. I meant which of Alzner or Weber to go with Pacioretty and Lehkonen.

oh. ill take alzner at some of it retained i guess.
                      Eli liked this.
                      May 13, 2018 at 2:50 a.m.
                      Kyle from Chicago
                      I will be bold when I want to. Hgrmph
                      Eli liked this.
                      May 13, 2018 at 8:42 a.m.
                      Who adds what?
                      oh. ill take alzner at some of it retained i guess.

Doubt it. That whole group is still cheaper than Toews. Alzner and Toews have the same term. So, I'm pretty sure that's a nope. But I'll let Habs fans tell you: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/691612

To create a post please Login or Register
                      Question:
                      Options:
                      Add Option
                      Submit Poll