UFA - 7
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $6,666,667$6,666,667
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $742,500$742,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $872,500$872,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $725,000$725,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $789,167$789,167
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 31, 2018 at 8:01 p.m.
    No way Hanifin goes for just that
    May 31, 2018 at 8:08 p.m.
    Probably right, being optimistic haha. Edited though, what are your thoughts?
    May 31, 2018 at 8:15 p.m.
    Krug and Donato alone is enough. Krug is almost Hanifin's equal and Donato is a top prospect. The only thing that you'd be paying for is youth which is what Boston needs considering its D prospect pool and current roster.
    May 31, 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
    Quoting: ferre137
    Probably right, being optimistic haha. Edited though, what are your thoughts?

I like the Krug+Danato value wise, however Hanifin is a young rising star that the CAR might not want to trade
    May 31, 2018 at 8:29 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Krug is a UFA in two years so he will be gone, add Heinen and it's a deal
    May 31, 2018 at 9:38 p.m.
    Go Bruins Go
    Why is this a thing
    May 31, 2018 at 11:18 p.m.
    BreKel
    Nothing like getting a player to sign and leave school early, only to turn around and deal him 2 months later.
    ngikas liked this.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 5:20 a.m.
    Krug, Heinen, lauzon and a 2nd for hanafin. Done deal.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 8:06 a.m.
    Quoting: NucksFanForLife
    Krug and Donato alone is enough. Krug is almost Hanifin's equal and Donato is a top prospect. The only thing that you'd be paying for is youth which is what Boston needs considering its D prospect pool and current roster.

Considering its D prospect pool? Do you even know who the B's top 3 LHD prospects are?
    Bruinsdiehard liked this.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 8:23 a.m.
    Quoting: ON3M4N
    Considering its D prospect pool? Do you even know who the B's top 3 LHD prospects are?

Jakub Zboril, Emil Johansson, and Urho Vaakanainen. None of whom I'm big on. You can hardly include Johansson - he's not a top prospect. Zboril is solid, but not as good as where he was drafted (13th) and Vaakanainen is good but made little progress in Liiga last year and will take time adjusting to the North American ice surface so he's more of a long term project. Chara will probably retire soon, and Grzelyck isn't exactly a stud, so Hanifin would make the future look brighter. Seriously, when Krug is in his thirties, who besides McAvoy is going to man the blue line on the PP?
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 9:36 a.m.
    Jakub Zboril, Emil Johansson, and Urho Vaakanainen. None of whom I'm big on. You can hardly include Johansson - he's not a top prospect. Zboril is solid, but not as good as where he was drafted (13th) and Vaakanainen is good but made little progress in Liiga last year and will take time adjusting to the North American ice surface so he's more of a long term project. Chara will probably retire soon, and Grzelyck isn't exactly a stud, so Hanifin would make the future look brighter. Seriously, when Krug is in his thirties, who besides McAvoy is going to man the blue line on the PP?

Johansson is not one of our top 3 LHD lol. It's Zboril, Lauzon and Vaak as our top 3 LHD

Zboril - What makes him not as good as where he was drafted?

Vaak - What are you basing his progress on? The guy was a work horse for his team and was leaned on heavily in the playoffs (logging over 30 minutes of TOI sometimes). He was also selected to play for Finland's WC team this year. If the kid made little progress, why was he selected to play for the national team as a 19yr old?
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 9:57 a.m.

Vaak - What are you basing his progress on? The guy was a work horse for his team and was leaned on heavily in the playoffs (logging over 30 minutes of TOI sometimes). He was also selected to play for Finland's WC team this year. If the kid made little progress, why was he selected to play for the national team as a 19yr old?[/quote]

Lauzon is gone in the Hanifin trade. Vaak was really good in Finland, he's just not a top PP guy and as I said is a long term project guy. Until his offence improves, he's not worth a first, but that's just my opinion. You can draft shutdown D later in the draft. Zboril - let's say that Beauvillier, Roslovic, Konecny, Boeser, Samsonov, Chabot, Conner, and Barzal were drafted after him in the first round. He's good, like Vaak, but also like Vaak I don't think he's the top line PP D that will be needed post-Krug. Vaak has improved as a defenseman. I agree, but his offence isn't quite there yet. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I hope he will. Boston needs good young defensemen to step up after Chara, McQuaid, and Miller are gone and Krug gets older.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 10:34 a.m.

Vaak - What are you basing his progress on? The guy was a work horse for his team and was leaned on heavily in the playoffs (logging over 30 minutes of TOI sometimes). He was also selected to play for Finland's WC team this year. If the kid made little progress, why was he selected to play for the national team as a 19yr old?

Lauzon is gone in the Hanifin trade. Vaak was really good in Finland, he's just not a top PP guy and as I said is a long term project guy. Until his offence improves, he's not worth a first, but that's just my opinion. You can draft shutdown D later in the draft. Zboril - let's say that Beauvillier, Roslovic, Konecny, Boeser, Samsonov, Chabot, Conner, and Barzal were drafted after him in the first round. He's good, like Vaak, but also like Vaak I don't think he's the top line PP D that will be needed post-Krug. Vaak has improved as a defenseman. I agree, but his offence isn't quite there yet. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I hope he will. Boston needs good young defensemen to step up after Chara, McQuaid, and Miller are gone and Krug gets older.

I think you're underestimating Zboril's development purely based on the fact that he hasn't made the NHL yet. He hasn't made the NHL yet because the Bruins have had Chara and Krug on the left side, and Zboril should be playing top 4 minutes. With Chara's retirement imminent (hopefully after next season), one of either Zboril or Lauzon will get the chance to audition in that role (assuming the Bruins are truly committed to building from within), and whoever loses that battle might get another chance in 2 years if/when the Krug situation comes to a head.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 10:54 a.m.
    Quoting: Bruinsdiehard
    I think you're underestimating Zboril's development purely based on the fact that he hasn't made the NHL yet. He hasn't made the NHL yet because the Bruins have had Chara and Krug on the left side, and Zboril should be playing top 4 minutes. With Chara's retirement imminent (hopefully after next season), one of either Zboril or Lauzon will get the chance to audition in that role (assuming the Bruins are truly committed to building from within), and whoever loses that battle might get another chance in 2 years if/when the Krug situation comes to a head.

Maybe, but Zboril has got to really impress to live up the standards of that draft. It was incredibly deep, and to be picked 13th means that there's a lot of expectation. Zboril has been sorta forgotten to most NHL fans after the amazing years that his draft class have had, so that might clear some pressure for when he enters the league. He should be able to be a solid second pair defenseman, unless Lauzon or Vaakanainen outplay him. Which is unlikely in my opinion. I'd take Zboril over Lauzon, and Vaakanainen won't be in the NHL for a while.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 3:39 p.m.
    Canes pass.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 4:31 p.m.

You can't possibly be serious. Zboril's development has clearly been a disappointment; he hasn't played in the NHL because he hasn't merited it.

Here's his NHLE:

Draft year: 17.47
    Draft +1: 9.32 - wow, what a drop! don't tell me that's not disappointing!
    Draft +2: 19.10 - he shouldv'e been here (or better) in draft +1
    Draft +3: 11.14 - these are AHL numbers, a drop is expected due to usage but 11 is not an NHL caliber number

Compare Zboril's play since the draft to that of Ethan Bear, who was drafted in the 5th round the same year.

Draft year: 13.64
    Draft +1: 23.33 - this is what development looks like
    Draft +2: 25.87 - further improvement
    Draft +3: 19.39 - the AHL number, he also played 18 games in the NHL and got 4 points, which projects to 18.22 over 82 games

Zboril is probably a better defender than Bear so the comparison isn't perfect, but don't tell us that the only reason Zboril hasn't played in the NHL is due to Chara and Krug, because thats bullsh*t. He may have an NHL career in the future, but the pick was a reach and he certainly hasn't justified it in any way.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 4:49 p.m.
    Quoting: CD282
    You can't possibly be serious. Zboril's development has clearly been a disappointment; he hasn't played in the NHL because he hasn't merited it.

Here's his NHLE:

Draft year: 17.47
    Draft +1: 9.32 - wow, what a drop! don't tell me that's not disappointing!
    Draft +2: 19.10 - he shouldv'e been here (or better) in draft +1
    Draft +3: 11.14 - these are AHL numbers, a drop is expected due to usage but 11 is not an NHL caliber number

Compare Zboril's play since the draft to that of Ethan Bear, who was drafted in the 5th round the same year.

Draft year: 13.64
    Draft +1: 23.33 - this is what development looks like
    Draft +2: 25.87 - further improvement
    Draft +3: 19.39 - the AHL number, he also played 18 games in the NHL and got 4 points, which projects to 18.22 over 82 games

Zboril is probably a better defender than Bear so the comparison isn't perfect, but don't tell us that the only reason Zboril hasn't played in the NHL is due to Chara and Krug, because thats bullsh*t. He may have an NHL career in the future, but the pick was a reach and he certainly hasn't justified it in any way.

Wow! OK...well for starters, you're using NHLe to evaluate a defensemen, which is the literal Achilles heel of that stat, which relies on high offensive production to be a true measurement of a player. Scoring from Dmen is always a finicky thing for all but a dozen or so guys at the NHL level, nevermind what it's like at other levels of hockey.

Second of all, not only do you use a very new and flawed statistic at all, you use it as the bedrock of your entire argument, discounting everything else (such as the Bruins current NHL roster).

Third, how do we know Zboril's evaluation at time of draft wasn't flawed? His stock rose dramatically based on his 14-15 season and he had not shown any type of comparable production in previous seasons in the Q. Nothing of what I said was meant to justify where he was picked in the draft?

So I will say again - Zboril (nor any LHD prospect the Bruins have had since he was drafted), was ever going to unseat Chara or Krug from their roster spots - not their histories with the Bruins, not their contracts, and not your stupid NHLe stat lol.
    Jun. 1, 2018 at 5:03 p.m.
    Wow! OK...well for starters, you're using NHLe to evaluate a defensemen, which is the literal Achilles heel of that stat, which relies on high offensive production to be a true measurement of a player. Scoring from Dmen is always a finicky thing for all but a dozen or so guys at the NHL level, nevermind what it's like at other levels of hockey.

Second of all, not only do you use a very new and flawed statistic at all, you use it as the bedrock of your entire argument, discounting everything else (such as the Bruins current NHL roster).

Third, how do we know Zboril's evaluation at time of draft wasn't flawed? His stock rose dramatically based on his 14-15 season and he had not shown any type of comparable production in previous seasons in the Q. Nothing of what I said was meant to justify where he was picked in the draft?

So I will say again - Zboril (nor any LHD prospect the Bruins have had since he was drafted), was ever going to unseat Chara or Krug from their roster spots - not their histories with the Bruins, not their contracts, and not your stupid NHLe stat lol.

No player, defenceman or otherwise, that can't produce consistant results in amateur and minor leagues is going to make the NHL. You can use whatever stats you like (I notice you have none to back up your argument), if the results aren't there and the arrows pointing upward, it's gameover - usually by 23-years-old. Zboril will turn 22 during the coming season, so time is running out for him. He needs to put up a very good AHL season in 2018-19 or he won't seriously be considered an NHL prospect going forward.

Also, the Bruins current roster has nothing to do with it. If his play merited an NHL job, he'd force himself onto the roster no matter who is ahead of him.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll