Forums/Armchair-GM

Go All-In Now

Created by: jjb96
Team: 2018-19 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 16, 2018
Published: Jun. 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
It's time to go all-in for one last run with the current core. Trouba is still young, and ROR and de Haan are both 27 with many years of hockey left in them. The trades include the main pieces, and other pieces can be supplemented. Hossa and Anisimov can be given to any team for a bag of pucks. Hawks will still have cap space to re-sign Schmaltz and Debrincat.

Please give suggestions on the trades for ROR and Trouba!
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,000,000
1$750,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2018 3rd round pick (MTL)
CHI
    RFA rights to Jacob Trouba
    WPG
    1. Murphy, Connor
    2. 2018 1st round pick (CHI)
    CHI
    1. O'Reilly, Ryan
    2. 2018 2nd round pick (BUF)
    BUF
    1. Forsling, Gustav
    2. Jokiharju, Henri
    3. 2018 1st round pick (NSH)
    4. 2019 1st round pick (CHI)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$80,000,000$63,725,128$1,232,500$4,865,000$16,274,872
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $1,875,000$1,875,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $2,625,000$2,625,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,538,462$5,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $750,833$750,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
    Chicago has absolutely no depth on their bottom 6. Bringing ROR won't change that. And then Hawks would have almlost 28M on three players. Cmon man. Retool is the option for hawks. If they can dump Seabrook or Keith somehow, then they might have a chance to find depth.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:08 p.m.
    Chicago
    I don’t think the hawks need De Haan. Oesterle was paired with Keith a lot and they looked really good together I don’t know how you drop him in the minors. Overpay for Trouba, underpay for ROR.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:09 p.m.
    What the f*ck? 27OA and Forsling for ROR, really? Confused
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
    Edited Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:32 p.m.
    Oshie: I can understand why the Hawks would retool. This is simply one option for the Hawks. From my perspective, If the Hawks retool/rebuild, then they will waste the final years of Toews-Kane-Keith, and there is very little chance that the players the Hawks retool with will be anything close to elite talents like Toews-Kane-Keith. So, in this scenario I would take advantage of having these players and add to them for one last chance at the cup. Also, bringing in ROR not only takes immense pressure off of Toews but also improves our bottom six by slotting Schmaltz further down the lineup. I also like having the hungry kids play in favorable matchups further down the lineup, along with some nasty from Hayden/Martinsen/Wingels.

Nick: In my opinion, Oesterle is not an NHL defender. While he may have played on the top pairing with Keith, he did not play well outside of his first few games. He shies away from contact, doesn't sell out to block shots, and has poor positioning in the d-zone. All in all, he is an undersized defenseman who doesn't play defense. He also dragged Keith down with him, as Keith had one of his worst years defensively. Keith needs to have a solid defensive-defenseman to play with (Hammer, Seabs in the past) because he himself is more of a rover. Trouba can be that and more. De Haan can also solidify the top four for the next few years, and is much more of a defensive-defenseman than Oesterle or Gustafsson. I also thought Ian Cole could be an option instead of de Haan. He is older, more of a stay-at-home defenseman than de Haan, and could be more affordable (slightly).

Riddler: Gotta give to get. Better to overpay in these fake scenarios IMO. Also, ROR is underrated in my opinion. Big, smart, responsible, young, excellent at FOs, basically a younger (and slightly worse) Toews. Will take A LOT of pressure off of Toews, which should help Toews regain some of his form.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
    Quoting: OshietheBeast
    Chicago has absolutely no depth on their bottom 6. Bringing ROR won't change that. And then Hawks would have almlost 28M on three players. Cmon man. Retool is the option for hawks. If they can dump Seabrook or Keith somehow, then they might have a chance to find depth.

Oshie: I can understand why the Hawks would retool. This is simply one option for the Hawks. From my perspective, If the Hawks retool/rebuild, then they will waste the final years of Toews-Kane-Keith, and there is very little chance that the players the Hawks retool with will be anything close to elite talents like Toews-Kane-Keith. So, in this scenario I would take advantage of having these players and add to them for one last chance at the cup. Also, bringing in ROR not only takes immense pressure off of Toews but also improves our bottom six by slotting Schmaltz further down the lineup. I also like having the hungry kids play in favorable matchups further down the lineup, along with some nasty from Hayden/Martinsen/Wingels.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
    Quoting: NickC1988
    I don’t think the hawks need De Haan. Oesterle was paired with Keith a lot and they looked really good together I don’t know how you drop him in the minors. Overpay for Trouba, underpay for ROR.

Nick: In my opinion, Oesterle is not an NHL defender. While he may have played on the top pairing with Keith, he did not play well outside of his first few games. He shies away from contact, doesn't sell out to block shots, and has poor positioning in the d-zone. All in all, he is an undersized defenseman who doesn't play defense. He also dragged Keith down with him, as Keith had one of his worst years defensively. Keith needs to have a solid defensive-defenseman to play with (Hammer, Seabs in the past) because he himself is more of a rover. Trouba can be that and more. De Haan can also solidify the top four for the next few years, and is much more of a defensive-defenseman than Oesterle or Gustafsson. I also thought Ian Cole could be an option instead of de Haan. He is older, more of a stay-at-home defenseman than de Haan, and could be more affordable (slightly).
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
    Quoting: TheRiddler
    What the f*ck? 27OA and Forsling for ROR, really? Confused

Riddler: Gotta give to get. Better to overpay in these fake scenarios IMO. Also, ROR is underrated in my opinion. Big, smart, responsible, young, excellent at FOs, basically a younger (and slightly worse) Toews. Will take A LOT of pressure off of Toews, which should help Toews regain some of his form.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:34 p.m.
    Quoting: jjb96

LOL, I'm a Buffalo fan. It's a huge underpayment for ROR. We do not need a young LHD, we have a lot of them, and 27 choice is the end of the first round. One of your fans on this site offered Saad, Murphy and OA 27 for ROR, and it was still not very interesting. You obviously don't understand the value of ROR at all.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:40 p.m.
    Quoting: TheRiddler
    LOL, I'm a Buffalo fan. It's a huge underpayment for ROR. We do not need a young LHD, we have a lot of them, and 27 choice is the end of the first round. One of your fans on this site offered Saad, Murphy and OA 27 for ROR, and it was still not very interesting. You obviously don't understand the value of ROR at all.

Would you be interested in a mix of Forsling/Jokiharju and 2018 NSH 1st/2019 CHI 1st?

Also, I value ROR and you value him more than I do. He is an excellent player, so why are there so many rumors about Buffalo wanting to trade ROR? Genuinely curious. Is is because of his cap hit?
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
    Would you be interested in a mix of Forsling/Jokiharju and 2018 NSH 1st/2019 CHI 1st?

Also, I value ROR and you value him more than I do. He is an excellent player, so why are there so many rumors about Buffalo wanting to trade ROR? Genuinely curious. Is is because of his cap hit?

Because there are teams who really need the center, but we have no desire in that it was not to move the ROR, there was no reliable rumors where he asked for an exchange. If there is a good suggestion, then surely our GM will consider it, but your suggestion seems ridiculous, sorry. You wouldn't trade Toews for a young LHD Guhle and 32OA 2018, and it would be logical.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.

I think the idea behind potentially moving him is to change the locker room culture and flip the depth- trading a position of strength to fill one of weakness. Your idea for us is taking a position of strength, dousing it with gasoline, setting it on fire, and then putting the fire out with a pitchfork.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
    Chicago

I think you're using Oesterle as a scapegoat for the fact that everyone on the hawks D core underperformed the entire season. Did you see how terrible Seabrook played? Murphy struggled, Rutta and Oesterle were the two bright spots for a large portion of the season. With Forsling and Jokiharju approaching NHL ready status, Oesterle and Rutta are good, cost controlled vets with 1 year left to use as stop gaps while Forsling and Jokiharju develop.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
    Quoting: sabres89
    I think the idea behind potentially moving him is to change the locker room culture and flip the depth- trading a position of strength to fill one of weakness. Your idea for us is taking a position of strength, dousing it with gasoline, setting it on fire, and then putting the fire out with a pitchfork.

Updated ROR trade. Thoughts? Given the Hawks roster today, what package would you like to see from the Hawks for ROR?
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 2:13 p.m.
    Quoting: NickC1988
    I think you're using Oesterle as a scapegoat for the fact that everyone on the hawks D core underperformed the entire season. Did you see how terrible Seabrook played? Murphy struggled, Rutta and Oesterle were the two bright spots for a large portion of the season. With Forsling and Jokiharju approaching NHL ready status, Oesterle and Rutta are good, cost controlled vets with 1 year left to use as stop gaps while Forsling and Jokiharju develop.

I completely agree with you that our D sucked. I think that Rutta is a nice player. Seabrook can play much better in more sheltered minutes and with a better partner (such as de Haan) rather than babysitting Gustafsson/some rookie. He also needs to realize that he cannot be as aggressive as he used to be because he no longer has wheels (not that he ever had them). I just think that someone like Gustafsson is much better than Oesterle, and someone like Dahlstrom is more effective in the D-zone and therefore is more reliable. Regardless, keeping Oesterle/Dahlstrom/training camp surprise as a 7 D-man will not make or break this team. Fortifying the top 4 will.
    Jun. 16, 2018 at 2:23 p.m.

ROR is one of my favorite players and I follow him a lot, even though I'm a caps fan. I can tell you that he's the best faceoff man on the whole league by a mile. He also doesn't take any penalties, he almost went with 0pim for 82 games while in Colorado. The rumours started at rhe end of the season because ROR stated that he lost the love for the game multiple times last season, cos buffalo lost so many games.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll