Forums/Armchair-GM

Tavares and Tanev

Created by: RC333
Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 30, 2018
Published: Jun. 30, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
DISCLAIMER: TORONTO LINES ARE NOT PERFECT AS THEY STILL NEED TO SIGN SOME BOTTOM 6 PLAYERS. JUST PAY ATTENTION TO THE TRADE AND THE SIGNING PLEASE.

Toronto won't be able to afford all of Tavares Matthews Marner and Nylander. Canucks have been rumoured in a Tanev deal with Toronto and it makes sense as they need a RHD.

In reality Tavares and Matthews would get around 11 mil, Nylander and marner would both get around 7 as well.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$11,000,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Goldobin, Nikolay
  2. Tanev, Christopher
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (VAN)
VAN
    Rights to RFA Nylander

Canucks Top 6 with Nylander:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
    Dahlen - Nylander - Pettersson
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$79,500,000$66,728,333$2,550,000$3,912,500$12,771,667
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 7
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 6
    $850,000$850,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167
    RD
    RFA - 4
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
    The Leafs don’t want Tanev. He is a bandaid, he doesn’t stay healthy enough for his play to warrant any significant value. With 2 years left at that cap hit the Canucks are likely stuck with it. What the Leafs will be facing next year in regards to cap space and resigning the last thing they need is a 50 game player eating 4.45 mil in cap.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
    JK123
    great trade, works for both teams so 5 stars?
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:10 p.m.
    Leafs
    Quoting: SirCharles
    The Leafs don’t want Tanev. He is a bandaid, he doesn’t stay healthy enough for his play to warrant any significant value. With 2 years left at that cap hit the Canucks are likely stuck with it. What the Leafs will be facing next year in regards to cap space and resigning the last thing they need is a 50 game player eating 4.45 mil in cap.

i completely agree
    palhal liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:18 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Another desperate Canucks fan, who knows Tanev has no value to any team in the NHL, hence Tanev the repeated begging for the Leafs to take him.
    Please Canucks fans, try making a Tanev to another team and seeing if there any value.
    TheNewAge and Leafs17 liked this.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
    Toronno Maple Leafs
    Why does EVERYONE think the Leafs are trading Nylander?
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:48 p.m.
    JK123
    Quoting: palhal
    Another desperate Canucks fan, who knows Tanev has no value to any team in the NHL, hence Tanev the repeated begging for the Leafs to take him.
    Please Canucks fans, try making a Tanev to another team and seeing if there any value.

Well actually it was your team bud that has shown interest in him for the past two years and not the canucks. Remember Jake gardener -5? yeah, Toronto needs a defensive defensmen whether it’s tanev or not. Those kind of players may not seem like they are worth a lot but they actually are just because they don’t put up so many points like an offensive defensmen would.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:52 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: Nucks17
    Well actually it was your team bud that has shown interest in him for the past two years and not the canucks. Remember Jake gardener -5? yeah, Toronto needs a defensive defensmen whether it’s tanev or not. Those kind of players may not seem like they are worth a lot but they actually are just because they don’t put up so many points like an offensive defensmen would.

Yes I remember Jake and undoubtedly will know Jake this year as he plays his last season as Leaf in 2019/20. Fact is Tanev would play RHD . Zaitsev and Hainey play there, so Tanev would replace Polak/Carrick for two seasons at most, hardly worth a Nylander
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
    Toronno Maple Leafs
    great trade, works for both teams so 5 stars?

No it doesnt. Makes zero sense to trade Nylander for a guy who cant stay healthy at all. And if you’re going to say that “they cant resign Nylander if they get Tavares” then you are mistaken. Brown and picks would make more sense.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 5:43 p.m.
    JK123
    Quoting: CanadasTeam88
    No it doesnt. Makes zero sense to trade Nylander for a guy who cant stay healthy at all. And if you’re going to say that “they cant resign Nylander if they get Tavares” then you are mistaken. Brown and picks would make more sense.

No it doesn’t make more sense, it just sounds better for the leafs but canucks would say no in a second if we got offered that. And yes if Tavares signs it only leads in the direction of trading a player like nylander who is going to demand cap 6 mil plus. Canucks have cap and want young talent and to needs a RHD that is a defensive defencemen who can play, block shots and make it really hard for opposition to score ( Tanev) ( One of the best at his job in the NHL).
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 5:47 p.m.
    JK123
    Yes I remember Jake and undoubtedly will know Jake this year as he plays his last season as Leaf in 2019/20. Fact is Tanev would play RHD . Zaitsev and Hainey play there, so Tanev would replace Polak/Carrick for two seasons at most, hardly worth a Nylander

I can see where you coming from as a leafs fan. Nylander is great and has a lot of upside but you need the right pieces to win and a defensive defensmen i.e. Tanev who played great with Reilly before would do the job great.

I know tanev for nylander is in Vancouver’s favour but if vancouver adds a second and a player like goldobin it would even the deal a lot more
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 5:47 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: CanadasTeam88

I'll agree that if Tavares is signed, there might not be enough cap room for Nylander in 2019/20. But as you said, he certainly has a heck of lot more value than Tanev. Just looking at stats (if they mean anything) Nylander superior to Horvat. Would would you rather have on your team Horvat or Tanev.......playing value and contract term.....100% it's Horvat. So it's kinda actually silly to think Tanev is worth Nylander.
    Jun. 30, 2018 at 5:55 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    I can see where you coming from as a leafs fan. Nylander is great and has a lot of upside but you need the right pieces to win and a defensive defensmen i.e. Tanev who played great with Reilly before would do the job great.

I know tanev for nylander is in Vancouver’s favour but if vancouver adds a second and a player like goldobin it would even the deal a lot more

IMO, the Leafs aren't in position to win in 201/19. Actually I think they might take a step backward this year in points by their new young guys leading to long term gains. w
    Johnson and Kapanen get full time minutes. Grundstrom plays first time in the NHL. Nylander plays centre full time (assuming the Leafs don't sign Tavares). Dermot full on defence, Either Borgman and Ozhinkov regular minutes, Sparks replaces Mcillerny. To think the Leaf have to "go for now" this season, I'm doubtful.
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 1:54 p.m.
    Sexiest in the world

Nah I wouldn't say I'm desperate. Its just clear that your defence sucks. So I was just suggesting Tanev since he looked good next to Reilly. Possibly letting Reilly be a more offensive threat. After all didn't your right side get torched in the playoffs by the bruins... again
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 1:57 p.m.
    Sexiest in the world
    I'll agree that if Tavares is signed, there might not be enough cap room for Nylander in 2019/20. But as you said, he certainly has a heck of lot more value than Tanev. Just looking at stats (if they mean anything) Nylander superior to Horvat. Would would you rather have on your team Horvat or Tanev.......playing value and contract term.....100% it's Horvat. So it's kinda actually silly to think Tanev is worth Nylander.

First of all. You don't really compare forwards and defence with stats

Second of all. No crap Nylander stats are better than Horvat. Nylander plays on a playoff team with Matthews. Who does Horvat get to play with? Sure Boeser is good but Boeser played with other players throughout the season.

Third. Horvat is always facing too competition. Other teams have to decide whether they're watching the marner line or the Mathews line. So relax yourself huncho
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 2:01 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: RC333
    Nah I wouldn't say I'm desperate. Its just clear that your defence sucks. So I was just suggesting Tanev since he looked good next to Reilly. Possibly letting Reilly be a more offensive threat. After all didn't your right side get torched in the playoffs by the bruins... again

Well it's the TMLeafs defence, not mine. Leafs were 13th in GAA and finished with 103 points. You don't do that by having poor defencemen. Let's not confuse a stupid international tournament with the NHL. And it was Gardiner a LHD that was torched in game seven. I know there is a lot of Leafs hate, but please convey some accurate facts in a rebuttal would be welcome.
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: RC333
    First of all. You don't really compare forwards and defence with stats

Second of all. No crap Nylander stats are better than Horvat. Nylander plays on a playoff team with Matthews. Who does Horvat get to play with? Sure Boeser is good but Boeser played with other players throughout the season.

Third. Horvat is always facing too competition. Other teams have to decide whether they're watching the marner line or the Mathews line. So relax yourself huncho

I did mention that facts are't everyihing, so I acknowledge that Horvat value might more than points. Nylander did play 1/3 of the season least not with Matthews . Nylander played 22 games as centre. A part time Tanev as two year rental doesn't get the Canucks Nylander, that all.
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 2:30 p.m.
    Sexiest in the world
    Well it's the TMLeafs defence, not mine. Leafs were 13th in GAA and finished with 103 points. You don't do that by having poor defencemen. Let's not confuse a stupid international tournament with the NHL. And it was Gardiner a LHD that was torched in game seven. I know there is a lot of Leafs hate, but please convey some accurate facts in a rebuttal would be welcome.

Your decent GAA was due to your goaltending who saved your ass a lot of nights. And that 103 point campaign was due to outscoring your opponents and good goaltending.

And sure Gardiner was torched in game 7 but I was talking about your right side like I said. Zaitsev was garbage when u needed him and so was the rest of your right side. Gardiner was just your cherry on top (delicious eh?)

And I don't hate the leafs I just hate fans like yourself that think you know something LOL
    Jul. 2, 2018 at 2:32 p.m.
    Sexiest in the world
    I did mention that facts are't everyihing, so I acknowledge that Horvat value might more than points. Nylander did play 1/3 of the season least not with Matthews . Nylander played 22 games as centre. A part time Tanev as two year rental doesn't get the Canucks Nylander, that all.

Who cares if Nylander played 22 games without Matthews. Most of his production was with Matthews.

And if u read what I said above its obviously Tanev + for nylander.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll