Forums/Armchair-GM

Subban - Love The Sens

Created by: burla13
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 1, 2018
Published: Sep. 1, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I have made a bunch of these. But something the sens could do is get PK and flip him to a team that needs him. The Power of Ottawa is they can retain. If they retained 4 and made PK a 5 million dollar player I truly believe the Leafs would consider a package of Liligren Kap and a 1st.

Again that is 3 pieces 2 NHL players for Ottawa so they do not come last.

The money here is so perfect that I want to buy my Subban Jersey. Make it happen Kyle!

I think in the same way Phil has been able to thrive in Pit, PK could thrive in Toronto.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,000,000
5$6,300,000
8$11,000,000
2$1,750,000
2$900,000
1$1,000,000
1$700,000
1$700,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$700,000
2$1,000,000
1$700,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Subban, P.K. ($4,000,000 retained)
  2. Tolvanen, Eeli
NSH
    Nashville Gets EK
    Ottawa retains the 4 million and sends him to thenLeafs
    TOR
    OTT
    1. Liljegren, Timothy
    2. Tolvanen, Eeli
    3. 2020 3rd round pick (TOR)
    Additional Details:
    Kapanen 3 x 3
    3rd round pick becomes a 1st and 4th if the Leafs win the Cup.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,000,000$76,380,833$0$82,500$5,619,167
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $700,000$700,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $6,300,000$6,300,000
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 6
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C
    UFA
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA
    $700,000$700,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $675,000$675,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    RD
    UFA
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:32 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    The trade would fail on that retaining part. OTT will not retain on anything except Phaneuf just because they had to get rid of him.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:37 p.m.
    Is Eeli Tolvanen the difference between Karlsson and Subban? I don’t think so, especially from Nashville’s perspective.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:41 p.m.
    Burla
    Quoting: BurgerBoss
    The trade would fail on that retaining part. OTT will not retain on anything except Phaneuf just because they had to get rid of him.

If it gets you the big return I think you retain. They can have up to 3 so if they retain on Subban and the leafs fif him in Ottawa can load up with good young players from Toronto.
    I'm Biased because I would love to see it happen. But I think it's a fair package.
    You also give cap instead of Johnsson because Johnsson is one of the few left shot wingers they have
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 8:45 p.m.
    Burla
    Quoting: HockeyNM1510
    Is Eeli Tolvanen the difference between Karlsson and Subban? I don’t think so, especially from Nashville’s perspective.

Is tolvenan worth an extra Norris trophy. I think Karlsson has more than PK.
    Also EK
    518 points in 627 games

Pk
    377 points in 582

Now one was on a team with Carey Price while the other scored more but common Karlsson is younger and better.
    I think this is fair.
    Erik would love it too because he doenst have to do it all alone.
    HockeyNM1510 liked this.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Please stop with all of these stupid trades. These other teams aren’t here to bend and twist to what you think your team needs.... which you s certainly not subban. You are making every leafs fan look stupid by putting up these idoiotic trades.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
    Burla
    Quoting: Jamiepo
    Please stop with all of these stupid trades. These other teams aren’t here to bend and twist to what you think your team needs.... which you s certainly not subban. You are making every leafs fan look stupid by putting up these idoiotic trades.

? I just hope something exciting happens.
    It's not every year a top 3 player in the world is just dangled from team to team.
    Look how nuts the NBA, a league where players move all the time, a top 5 player was moved.
    That literally never happens.
    If you are the Preds you have got to the final and never had a top 5 player in the world. Pit had 2 you had 0. Cavs had Lebron the Raps weren't close.
    If Nashvilles almost immaculate team of stars everywhere could add peak EK, if they played the pens again they would win.

Remember when it took the pens 6 games against 1C Calle Jarnkrok.
    Remember when 2 years ago Ottawa was in game 7 because ok EK. They are out in round without EK.
    Karlsson Turris get to play with Johanson Josi Arvidsson Forsberg Ellis, that team would be nuts.
    They lose PK but replace him with a younger more dominant version.
    Then PK I make my brand.
    Send me home to my brother and best friend JT
    Imagine a team with Kadri Tavares PK, all Toronto buddies, they would destroy.
    Or PK goes to Vegas and does the same.
    I just try to make logical connections man. These connections are both very logical. He got backstabbed once. He is picking his destination this time Ottawa says you pick where you want to compete for a cup. Last years cup finalists Vegas or this years Toronto. They are both the right choice. Ottawa makes 2 teams better and gets rewarded twice.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 9:55 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: burla13
    ? I just hope something exciting happens.
    It's not every year a top 3 player in the world is just dangled from team to team.
    Look how nuts the NBA, a league where players move all the time, a top 5 player was moved.
    That literally never happens.
    If you are the Preds you have got to the final and never had a top 5 player in the world. Pit had 2 you had 0. Cavs had Lebron the Raps weren't close.
    If Nashvilles almost immaculate team of stars everywhere could add peak EK, if they played the pens again they would win.

Remember when it took the pens 6 games against 1C Calle Jarnkrok.
    Remember when 2 years ago Ottawa was in game 7 because ok EK. They are out in round without EK.
    Karlsson Turris get to play with Johanson Josi Arvidsson Forsberg Ellis, that team would be nuts.
    They lose PK but replace him with a younger more dominant version.
    Then PK I make my brand.
    Send me home to my brother and best friend JT
    Imagine a team with Kadri Tavares PK, all Toronto buddies, they would destroy.
    Or PK goes to Vegas and does the same.
    I just try to make logical connections man. These connections are both very logical. He got backstabbed once. He is picking his destination this time Ottawa says you pick where you want to compete for a cup. Last years cup finalists Vegas or this years Toronto. They are both the right choice. Ottawa makes 2 teams better and gets rewarded twice.

PK is a turnover machine... as unpopular as this opinion is I think he is garbage.

How did karlsson make out in the playoffs last year???

We got our big ufa we can not afford anyone else. The good news is that we have been drafting and developing really well and our defence will continue to improve. 11th overall last year in goals against was pretty good and we will be in the top 10 this season.

These trades for stud Dmen ruin our team and cap. We can develop them in our own system.
    Sep. 1, 2018 at 10:04 p.m.
    Burla
    PK is a turnover machine... as unpopular as this opinion is I think he is garbage.

How did karlsson make out in the playoffs last year???

We got our big ufa we can not afford anyone else. The good news is that we have been drafting and developing really well and our defence will continue to improve. 11th overall last year in goals against was pretty good and we will be in the top 10 this season.

These trades for stud Dmen ruin our team and cap. We can develop them in our own system.

Agreed man
    "We have a 5 year plan that changes every day"
    Only is sens retain, let's make taht clear. You have a player in that spot who can bridge for Tim. And its only a 4 year deal if Sens make it a 5. In 4 year when Timmy wants 3.5 PK might take 8 while Morgan takes 8 5.
    Pk can work with Nikita and Liljegren where suddenly a weakness is now a strength.
    So Kap is gone. I love him too, but he caps on the 3rd line. 2020 this is their team.

I'm assuming Marleau retires with 2 cups of he did come back it iukd be for 1m.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
    Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Lindholm-Kadri-Bracco Brown expansion draft.
    Grundstrom-Brooks-Ennis
    Korskov-Marchment

Reilly-Liljegren
    Dermott-Subban
    Sandin-Zaitsev (or Zaitsev taken and Brown stays)
    Ozzi-Holl-Rosen

Freddy
    Sparks

I think I make that trade.
    Sep. 2, 2018 at 2:05 a.m.
    Where is Seguin ?
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 2, 2018 at 3:25 a.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: burla13
    Agreed man
    "We have a 5 year plan that changes every day"
    Only is sens retain, let's make taht clear. You have a player in that spot who can bridge for Tim. And its only a 4 year deal if Sens make it a 5. In 4 year when Timmy wants 3.5 PK might take 8 while Morgan takes 8 5.
    Pk can work with Nikita and Liljegren where suddenly a weakness is now a strength.
    So Kap is gone. I love him too, but he caps on the 3rd line. 2020 this is their team.

I'm assuming Marleau retires with 2 cups of he did come back it iukd be for 1m.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
    Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Lindholm-Kadri-Bracco Brown expansion draft.
    Grundstrom-Brooks-Ennis
    Korskov-Marchment

Reilly-Liljegren
    Dermott-Subban
    Sandin-Zaitsev (or Zaitsev taken and Brown stays)
    Ozzi-Holl-Rosen

Freddy
    Sparks

I think I make that trade.

The money is no where close to perfect... you didn’t sign kapanen because you couldn’t afford him. You undercut Ozhiganov, sparks and Johnson. You have to keep Horus, Ennis, holl and Jordan because they are the only players you can afford on your roster. In your scenario that brown goes you have an extra 2m to explain away. You also gave away our draft steal liljegren.

Trade makes no sense for Nashville. After all that the last thing the leafs need is another offensive Dman. This trade fails on every level. I’ll keep liljegren and keep building the team into the future. This whole Brian Burke sell the future for the right now doesn’t work.
    Sep. 2, 2018 at 9:32 a.m.
    Burla
    The money is no where close to perfect... you didn’t sign kapanen because you couldn’t afford him. You undercut Ozhiganov, sparks and Johnson. You have to keep Horus, Ennis, holl and Jordan because they are the only players you can afford on your roster. In your scenario that brown goes you have an extra 2m to explain away. You also gave away our draft steal liljegren.

Trade makes no sense for Nashville. After all that the last thing the leafs need is another offensive Dman. This trade fails on every level. I’ll keep liljegren and keep building the team into the future. This whole Brian Burke sell the future for the right now doesn’t work.

Kap is on the sens ?
    Gardnier and Kap for Subban, then they can flip Jake to a team who needs a lefty.
    Watxh out of might happen. The Duchene trade but with 1 more team!
    No need to switch Timmy if you give up Jake because he is worth a pick and prospect from another team
    Nash gets EK and gets batter
    Leafs get PK and get better
    Someone gets Jake at the deadline a d makes a run
    Look at Jake's stats compared to shattenkirk. He is a better player. Ottawa helps 3 teams and looks to get tolvanen, Kapanen and maybe a first.
    Then you trade Jake for a first and a pick.
    Suddenly you have a line of prospects and 2 firsts.
    Is that a fair trade for a top 5 player in the league.
    Imagine San Anotonio switch DeMar for picks and prospects.

J think when stars get traded you need more than 1 team
    Colorado got Girard from Nashville and the picks from Ottawa. More teams more returns.

I cant predict who every trade will be with. But we know the pieces Ottawa needs to move.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/849727

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll