Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 16, 2018
Published: Oct. 16, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Toronto... Yinz get
- Ur top pairing Right Handed Dman
- Get a very solid 4th line center
- get a young skilled Rwer that can bring even more insane speed to line up and can add some hitting.
MITE HAVE TO ADD TO TRADE BUT IMO, THIS WOULD BE TOUGH TEAM TO GO AGAINST.
Trades
VAN
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
RFA Rights to
RW- William Nylander
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$67,008,333$2,550,000$5,400,000$12,491,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,475,000$1,475,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 16, 2018 at 10:53 a.m.
Banned
Granlund and Virtanen wouldn't make TO's roster. Tanev is great though and I'd absolutely love to see him on a good team. Tanev does not get you Nylander though. It would be a pick and a prospect to obtain Tanev. To get Nylander would cost Tanev and a 1st round pick. Which I don't think Vancouver should part with. They are awful. Possession numbers below 40% is terrifically bad.
Sidstick87, buds16 and Random2152 liked this.
Oct. 16, 2018 at 11:01 a.m.
TML1991
the leafs arent moving nylander in any trade involving a 27+ year old dman on a 2 year contract as the main piece. Stop listening to dreger and kypreos.

Think about what players you would consider moving boeser for around the league and those are the guys leafs would want if they were to ever trade willy
buds16 and Random2152 liked this.
Oct. 16, 2018 at 12:35 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I am just going to paste this every time I see crap like this so that people can understand why we are saying no.

We have the deepest farm system in the league, in terms of wingers, defence and we had goalies too. We pretty much had a massive surplus of anything that was not a centre. While there is a lack of future elite talent (as they are all in the NHL), the middle 6 and down guys are miles deep.
To give you some idea of the scale, this year 6 players graduated from the Marlies to NHL roster players. They are: Kapanen(RW), Johnsson(LW), Sparks(G), Marincin(LD), Holl(RD), and Gauthier(C). You could also include Dermott(LD/RD) in this too, bringing it to 7 graduates. Now even with 7 guys who played on the Marlies mostly full time last year gone, we STILL have 9 guys who would be pushing for a roster on nearly any other team (not all would make it for opening night, but many would). They are: Moore(LW), Timashov(LW), Bracco(RW), Brooks(C), Rosen(LD), Borgman(LD), Grundstrom(LW/RW), Engvall(LW/RW) and Liljegren(RD).The crazy part is we lost some good guys after last year too, like Aaltonen(C) who went to the KHL, Pickard(G) to waivers and more. The even crazier part is this doesn't include recent draft picks (last 2 drafts) with the exception of Liljegren. Sandin(LD) and SDA(C) look great so far from this draft, Rasanen(D) is developing in the KHL against men, Scott is the WHL's best goalie, Gordeev(D) looked great at camp this year, Boutillier(G) looked good at the prospects camp and others from the draft(s) have been developing nicely.

Tl;dr
We dont need depth wingers and Dmen. Actually, we don't need depth at all as Lindholm and Goat are doing well at 4C, and Kaskisuo was one of 3 Leafs prospect goalies to be top 10 in the AHL (Sparks #1, Pickard #3, Kaskisuo top10)
Oct. 16, 2018 at 10:18 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: Random2152
I am just going to paste this every time I see crap like this so that people can understand why we are saying no.

We have the deepest farm system in the league, in terms of wingers, defence and we had goalies too. We pretty much had a massive surplus of anything that was not a centre. While there is a lack of future elite talent (as they are all in the NHL), the middle 6 and down guys are miles deep.
To give you some idea of the scale, this year 6 players graduated from the Marlies to NHL roster players. They are: Kapanen(RW), Johnsson(LW), Sparks(G), Marincin(LD), Holl(RD), and Gauthier(C). You could also include Dermott(LD/RD) in this too, bringing it to 7 graduates. Now even with 7 guys who played on the Marlies mostly full time last year gone, we STILL have 9 guys who would be pushing for a roster on nearly any other team (not all would make it for opening night, but many would). They are: Moore(LW), Timashov(LW), Bracco(RW), Brooks(C), Rosen(LD), Borgman(LD), Grundstrom(LW/RW), Engvall(LW/RW) and Liljegren(RD).The crazy part is we lost some good guys after last year too, like Aaltonen(C) who went to the KHL, Pickard(G) to waivers and more. The even crazier part is this doesn't include recent draft picks (last 2 drafts) with the exception of Liljegren. Sandin(LD) and SDA(C) look great so far from this draft, Rasanen(D) is developing in the KHL against men, Scott is the WHL's best goalie, Gordeev(D) looked great at camp this year, Boutillier(G) looked good at the prospects camp and others from the draft(s) have been developing nicely.

Tl;dr
We dont need depth wingers and Dmen. Actually, we don't need depth at all as Lindholm and Goat are doing well at 4C, and Kaskisuo was one of 3 Leafs prospect goalies to be top 10 in the AHL (Sparks #1, Pickard #3, Kaskisuo top10)

im gona strongly disagree with Leafs having the deepest farm system .... Its more like average....
Timmy is ur only top NHL prospect , Bracco and Der-Arg , maybe Korshkov could be a top 9 guys then u got a bunch of solid to maybe guys and that being said ... u never kno if those guys will cut it in the NHL or even make it to NHL.
Oct. 17, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Sidstick87
im gona strongly disagree with Leafs having the deepest farm system .... Its more like average....
Timmy is ur only top NHL prospect , Bracco and Der-Arg , maybe Korshkov could be a top 9 guys then u got a bunch of solid to maybe guys and that being said ... u never kno if those guys will cut it in the NHL or even make it to NHL.

As I said, low on elite talent, full on depth (middle six and down) talent. All of the guys I listed as can push for a spot on another team could make a team. They are good. Moore and Grundstrom, Borgman, and Rosen all could have made the roster this year quite easily. What I am trying to say here, is that offering us depth guys in a trade to add value is pointless, when we have so many good prospects to fill that same role, for no asset loss, and a cheaper contract.

Also, what system has more depth than ours? I cannot think of a single one.
I will repeat, the best 7 Marlies were brought up, and 9 others would challenge for a spot on most teams.
Oct. 17, 2018 at 2:13 a.m.
Hockey God Genius
As I said, low on elite talent, full on depth (middle six and down) talent. All of the guys I listed as can push for a spot on another team could make a team. They are good. Moore and Grundstrom, Borgman, and Rosen all could have made the roster this year quite easily. What I am trying to say here, is that offering us depth guys in a trade to add value is pointless, when we have so many good prospects to fill that same role, for no asset loss, and a cheaper contract.

Also, what system has more depth than ours? I cannot think of a single one.
I will repeat, the best 7 Marlies were brought up, and 9 others would challenge for a spot on most teams.

I really like Borgman alot and Rosen is not ready tho.
I think the Pens have alot more depth at forward .... I mean our old 9th line Center is now the 4th line C for the Devils in JS Dea , we have C- Grant in Minors, LW- Z.A. Reese in minors could be 3rd liner for about 25 teams rite now, we have C/LW- Blueger who would be the 4th line Center rite now for Toronto, wait till we bring up C/LW- Johnson around mid-season bc the kid is faster than Haglin , we have RW- J. Hayes in minors, RW- R. Haggerty could come up during season, C- A. Angello is a 6-4 hitting machine , RW- T. lindberg and G. Wilson who both have played in NHL, and DiPauli, Miltec who are close.
Defense we had 8 NHL ready Dmen until Schultz injury Plus 3 guys who have played in NHL in Trotman , Czuczman, and Elliot .....
PLUS we have 3 NHL ready Goalies
I mean if ur just talking depth wise..... Pens have much more than Toronto in the means of NHL capable guys
Oct. 17, 2018 at 2:28 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I really like Borgman alot and Rosen is not ready tho.
I think the Pens have alot more depth at forward .... I mean our old 9th line Center is now the 4th line C for the Devils in JS Dea , we have C- Grant in Minors, LW- Z.A. Reese in minors could be 3rd liner for about 25 teams rite now, we have C/LW- Blueger who would be the 4th line Center rite now for Toronto, wait till we bring up C/LW- Johnson around mid-season bc the kid is faster than Haglin , we have RW- J. Hayes in minors, RW- R. Haggerty could come up during season, C- A. Angello is a 6-4 hitting machine , RW- T. lindberg and G. Wilson who both have played in NHL, and DiPauli, Miltec who are close.
Defense we had 8 NHL ready Dmen until Schultz injury Plus 3 guys who have played in NHL in Trotman , Czuczman, and Elliot .....
PLUS we have 3 NHL ready Goalies
I mean if ur just talking depth wise..... Pens have much more than Toronto in the means of NHL capable guys

It means 18 NHL capable guys who are pushing for a spot on the roster (7 brought up, 2 lost, 9 pushing for spots) with middle 6 talent in there + a top pair potential like Liljegren.
Oct. 17, 2018 at 2:46 a.m.
Hockey God Genius
It means 18 NHL capable guys who are pushing for a spot on the roster (7 brought up, 2 lost, 9 pushing for spots) with middle 6 talent in there + a top pair potential like Liljegren.

so u have 9 guys that could possibly play in NHL and we have 12-13 in minors = we have more depth ?
Oct. 17, 2018 at 3:52 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
so u have 9 guys that could possibly play in NHL and we have 12-13 in minors = we have more depth ?

Okay, you clearly do not understand. After bringing guys up, we still have 9 other guys. that are pushing for spots NOW, this largely does not include the last two drafts. This also means we are 6 lines deep of prospects.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll