SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will women play in the NHL?

When will women play in the NHL?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 17, 2018 at 5:35 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Exactly. So technically yes I am wrong to say its possible to prove women will never play in the NHL. So I’m
Going to use that basis to say Pittsburgh will trade Jack Johnson for Connor McDavid smile

Pavel Datsyuk was traded for Joe Vitale.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier

Really, just his contract was.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.

Buddy, based on your argument anything is possible which is an extremely unrealistic way to look at things.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Buddy, based on your argument anything is possible which is an extremely unrealistic way to look at things.

A lot of things we think of as unlikely are possible. That's the reality, pal.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 2:57 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
A lot of things we think of as unlikely are possible. That's the reality, pal.

@mhockey91 Looking back at this, I mean, Vegas going to the 2nd round this year was interesting. I can't remember when they lost though, because I know the Blues won the cup. I mean, it was super unlikely that they'd lose that lead against San Jose. I stopped watching and never checked what happened in that game, so i'm just assuming Vegas won, because they were up 3-0 in the 3rd in game 7. Am i right? Sticking Out Tongue

Also, Columbus beating Tampa Bay, Carolina beating Washington, Dallas beating Nashville and Colorado beating Calgary seemed unlikely to all happen lol.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 3:27 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@mhockey91 Looking back at this, I mean, Vegas going to the 2nd round this year was interesting. I can't remember when they lost though, because I know the Blues won the cup. I mean, it was super unlikely that they'd lose that lead against San Jose. I stopped watching and never checked what happened in that game, so i'm just assuming Vegas won, because they were up 3-0 in the 3rd in game 7. Am i right? Sticking Out Tongue

Also, Columbus beating Tampa Bay, Carolina beating Washington, Dallas beating Nashville and Colorado beating Calgary seemed unlikely to all happen lol.

this is the dumbest comment in the world. https://globalnews.ca/event/3865388/cac-midget-aaa-vs-canadian-womens-olympic-hockey-team/
women athletes play against BOYS and LOSE cause thats the level they are at. upsets are part of hockey. there's a wayyyyyy better chance sens win the Stanley cup then a women being an NHL player. its not sexist, its just biology and facts.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 10:35 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
this is the dumbest comment in the world. https://globalnews.ca/event/3865388/cac-midget-aaa-vs-canadian-womens-olympic-hockey-team/
women athletes play against BOYS and LOSE cause thats the level they are at. upsets are part of hockey. there's a wayyyyyy better chance sens win the Stanley cup then a women being an NHL player. its not sexist, its just biology and facts.

It was more of a joke than an actual argument for why women could play in the NHL. I just found this thread and after @Bflo_Soldier's comment, I had to say something about the NHL playoffs. I still disagree with you, but I think we've agreed to disagree because this went absolutely nowhere.

Also, I think you're right about the Senators. There's a very real chance they win the cup ...

In 4 or 5 years, when they "spend close to the cap" lol. Sticking Out Tongue
Jun. 14, 2019 at 12:06 p.m.

No one labelled you sexist for thinking the Sens have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup than a "woman" playing in the NHL. I don't think anyone would even disagree with you.
Your previous contention was that a woman would NEVER play in the NHL. Others, myself included, argued that it's entirely possible.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
No one labelled you sexist for thinking the Sens have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup than a "woman" playing in the NHL. I don't think anyone would even disagree with you.
Your previous contention was that a woman would NEVER play in the NHL. Others, myself included, argued that it's entirely possible.

When they start playing at a level that’s better than minor midget AAA then we’ll talk
Jun. 14, 2019 at 12:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

When they start playing at a level that’s better than minor midget AAA then we’ll talk

Here we go again ...
Jun. 14, 2019 at 12:13 p.m.

There are women who play at a level that's better than minor midget AAA. And we've been talking.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
There are women who play at a level that's better than minor midget AAA. And we've been talking.

Lmao wow the bar is so high!!! Minor midget AAA! Damn!!!
Jun. 14, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
**** me, can this thread just die
mhockey91 and Rangsey liked this.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 3:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Another thing is that the Golden Knights going to the Stanley Cup Final seemed to be "not possible" lol.

It's like you're saying that because the Vancouver Canucks have never won the Stanley Cup, that means it will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER happen. EVER.

Not quite like that, but do you get what i'm saying?
Jun. 14, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.

Uh, that's the bar you had set. So...
Jun. 14, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
Uh, that's the bar you had set. So...

Lmao exactly. On average Olympic women are comparable to 16 year old boys. So forget about a women ever going pro to the NHL. It’s just not gonna happen. Anyways I’m done with this thread
Jun. 14, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Lmao exactly. On average Olympic women are comparable to 16 year old boys. So forget about a women ever going pro to the NHL. It’s just not gonna happen. Anyways I’m done with this thread

It doesn't really make sense to reference the "average" when discussing the possibility for an extreme outlier.
You were always done because you couldn't wrap your head around that.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
It doesn't really make sense to reference the "average" when discussing the possibility for an extreme outlier.
You were always done because you couldn't wrap your head around that.

There’s not gonna be an extreme outlier though LMAO. That’s my point. Look how the best women hockey played (Haley wickenhised) did in tier 3 men’s euro hockey. My point has been proven
Jun. 14, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
My point has been proven

You've already conceded in this area.

mhockey91: "I can’t “prove” that women wont play in the NHL"
Jun. 14, 2019 at 5:23 p.m.
You've already conceded in this area.

mhockey91: "I can’t “prove” that women wont play in the NHL"

Okay, and I also can’t prove that Toronto maple leafs are gonna relocate next season. That’s how ridiculous this argument is.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 5:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Okay, and I also can’t prove that Toronto maple leafs are gonna relocate next season. That’s how ridiculous this argument is.

They have the Raptors, NBA champions. And who cares about the Leafs? They haven't existed since 1967!
Jun. 14, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Really, though, your argument makes no sense. You're saying that because no women have ever played in the NHL, that means it will never happen, guaranteed. But the road team has never won the first 6 games in a playoff series. Could that realistically happen?

I'm not going to say it is absolutely impossible for the road team to win the first 6 games in a playoff series in the NHL. It hasn't happened before, but it could.

And the game has been changing anyway. There was a time when you could totally get away with Tom Wilson-like hits to the head. And you can't anymore. Look at a guy like Lucic. He was playing way better in the old NHL as a big player. Now, he's probably too slow for the NHL. It's such a fast game now, and it could change even more.

And you're saying there can't be ONE woman with the speed, shot, strength, size, etc of an NHLer. That makes no sense. And look at a guy like Johnny Gaudreau or Alex DeBrincat. It is not all about size anymore.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
**** me, can this thread just die

This.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Really, though, your argument makes no sense. You're saying that because no women have ever played in the NHL, that means it will never happen, guaranteed. But the road team has never won the first 6 games in a playoff series. Could that realistically happen?

I'm not going to say it is absolutely impossible for the road team to win the first 6 games in a playoff series in the NHL. It hasn't happened before, but it could.

And the game has been changing anyway. There was a time when you could totally get away with Tom Wilson-like hits to the head. And you can't anymore. Look at a guy like Lucic. He was playing way better in the old NHL as a big player. Now, he's probably too slow for the NHL. It's such a fast game now, and it could change even more.

And you're saying there can't be ONE woman with the speed, shot, strength, size, etc of an NHLer. That makes no sense. And look at a guy like Johnny Gaudreau or Alex DeBrincat. It is not all about size anymore.

I’m not even reading this. You sound so dumb. Not wasting my time.
Jun. 14, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I’m not even reading this. You sound so dumb. Not wasting my time.

Lol I'm sure it totally makes sense to disagree with what I said without reading it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit