SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Acquire Nylander

Nov. 30, 2018 at 6:51 p.m.
McFaksaGOAT
No matter the offer sheet, I think TOR matches whatever it is, than just go and trade him for a dman. + I’d rather keep Carrick, but I understand it for cap reasons. Maybe find a way to move Hanzal? Idk tbh. Plus Dallas has nothing to offer for Nylander. TOR could ask for Lindell but there’s no way DAL does it. Just doesn’t seem like a match imo
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 7:10 p.m.
Quoting: McFaksaGOAT
No matter the offer sheet, I think TOR matches whatever it is, than just go and trade him for a dman. + I’d rather keep Carrick, but I understand it for cap reasons. Maybe find a way to move Hanzal? Idk tbh. Plus Dallas has nothing to offer for Nylander. TOR could ask for Lindell but there’s no way DAL does it. Just doesn’t seem like a match imo

If the offer sheet is more than $50M total, Toronto will take the 4x 1st round picks and run. They'd probably take the 1st + 1st + 2nd + 3rd for it being in the $40.5M+ range as well. They'd match if it was less than that.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 7:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
That offer the Leafs may not match. But is it a bargain for Dallas? Is there really cap? Hanzel does he return from LTIR, Sequin gets a big raise, Lindell also. I know Spezza is gone but is Nylander worth that contract?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:08 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: palhal
That offer the Leafs may not match. But is it a bargain for Dallas? Is there really cap? Hanzel does he return from LTIR, Sequin gets a big raise, Lindell also. I know Spezza is gone but is Nylander worth that contract?

Considering there have been some Leafs fans saying things like "He's a 90-point future forward.", "He's a TOP10 right winger in the league." and "He is in the TOP5 of most valuable RW in the league." I'd say it's worth of trying. At least for DAL, since they need scoring help behind the first line.

But Money might be an issue though. From Spezza, Methot and the cap raise DAL will most likely get around $13-14M, so...it's possible, but it'd tough.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 30, 2018 at 10:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BurgerBoss
Considering there have been some Leafs fans saying things like "He's a 90-point future forward.", "He's a TOP10 right winger in the league." and "He is in the TOP5 of most valuable RW in the league." I'd say it's worth of trying. At least for DAL, since they need scoring help behind the first line.

But Money might be an issue though. From Spezza, Methot and the cap raise DAL will most likely get around $13-14M, so...it's possible, but it'd tough.

You don't hear from my that he's top 10...right now. I think he's more of 6.5m player, and maybe you pay more for potential. But I really think teams are really wary of overpaying an RFA (I know it's subjective) because teams have their own/other RFAs to signs now and in the near future.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 3:20 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: McFaksaGOAT

Agree with you on all of your points except one: "Dallas has nothing to offer for Nylander." A couple of days ago someone posted a Toronto team trading Nylander for Stephen Johns and Denis Gurianov, but by the time I got back to my own computer, I'd lost it. That idea has some appeal to it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll