LW playoffs

Created by: pharrow
Team: 2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 10, 2019
Published: Feb. 10, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think this is a win for both teams.
First Ottawa will have a hard time next year looking competitive if they don't get some help and talent injected into the line up. No Free agent is going to go there and no one is going to resign.
They need good players with control to come in and make the team look at least respectable while they rebuild. Otherwise they won't even hit cap floor and the team will look like a joke.

The Penguins have found their 3C in McCann. On the RW they aren't sitting Kessel or Rust. Hornqvist has a NTC. That means the odd man out is Jugs. Who is young, fast and has talent.
On the LW, Pearson has played much better in Pittsburgh than he did in LA. 9 goals in 39 games. It's clear the talent is still there. The problem is he doesn't really fit the Penguins system. They are a heavy forechecking team. Pearson not so much.
When the Penguins traded for both, most people thought they won the trade, and looking at the results I would say that's true as Hagelin would never have scored 9 goals. Clearly they are both talented enough to start on most teams in some kind of role.

Jarry is a least a quality backup in the NHL. They could have their choice of either Jarry or DeSmith. Which one doesn't matter. But Ottawa needs some help in the net and Jarry could easily be a young backup there.
Obviously JJ is a cap dump. He's part of the cost of getting Pearson, Jugs and Jarry with term. He can go to seattle the next year, or they can buy him out on the cheap. They have plenty of cap space.

As for the Penguins they get a good rental winger to make a push. They also free up some cap space.
This would allow them to go after a LW that fits their system next year. They could target Anders or Nelson in NYI. Both are big body left wingers who could play the forecheck game. GIven NYI have to resign their whole 1st line, goalie and they want to bring in Panarin. On top of that they have to save money for the next years RFAs like Barzal. I really think Anders could be out the door. I don't see them paying both Panarin and Anders with everyone else they have to pay. I'm pretty sure they will run out of cap space this summer if they land panarin.
Trades
PIT
  1. Dzingel, Ryan
Additional Details:
Penguins get a rental LW for the playoffs.
OTT
  1. Bjugstad, Nick
  2. Jarry, Tristan
  3. Johnson, Jack
  4. Pearson, Tanner
Additional Details:
Ottawa is a dumpster fire. Their big FA are leaving. They have no ability to really attract outside FA. After next year Pageau, is probably the next out the door. They will have a hard time fielding a decent roster next year.
Jugs gives them a good young player to add to the rotation at either C or RW. Pearson is turning his game around in Pittsburgh with 9 goals in 39 games with limited ice time so there is still some game there, he's only 26. He just doesn't fit the role the penguins need. It's a bad fit.
Jarry helps Ottawa get younger in net.
JJ is obviously a cap dump, but Ottawa has cap to burn. Easy to either send him to Seattle or buy him out after a year.
Ottawa is going to be in trouble to hit the cap floor next year. They will have to take on salary one way or another. They might as well get something of value for it instead of taking only cap dumps for picks that won't be there for years. They get 3 roster players and a 7th defense men at worst. If they have good play next year they can trade them out if they want to for picks.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$79,500,000$68,436,559$0$982,500$11,063,441
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,800,000$6,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$734,167$734,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$794,167$794,167
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 10, 2019 at 10:59 a.m.
Pens Rule!
Take Tristan Jarry out of the trade and it makes some sense. We traded Philip Gustuvsson to them in the Brassard deal.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 11:35 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: coffey77
Take Tristan Jarry out of the trade and it makes some sense. We traded Philip Gustuvsson to them in the Brassard deal.

Imo this trade doesn’t make any sense. Sens are rebuilding and you send them
1) one of the worse nhl contracts in JJ (would cost a 1st to dump)
2) Pearson who isn’t anything too great. I mean they can flip him for maybe a 2nd or 3rd
3) Bjugstad who is a 4milliin 16 point player? Again minimum value....:they can flip him for a 2nd
4) jarry is a very good player but again they already took a goalie off you in the brassard trade.

dzingel would cost you a 1st and maybe a prospect or a better prospect and a 2nd (which you don’t have next year)

They won’t want your spare parts
Feb. 10, 2019 at 2:25 p.m.
Why is everyone trading Bjugstad already?

Your last few AGM posts have been... unnecessary to push "publish"
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
that seems like a huge overpay(minus the Johnson deal) just for Dzingel. Id rather have Bjugstad be the 3c and have McCann on LW if that was the price.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 6:13 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: biglite351

Quoting: awesome
that seems like a huge overpay(minus the Johnson deal) just for Dzingel. Id rather have Bjugstad be the 3c and have McCann on LW if that was the price.

The reason why I trade Jugs is he really doesn't fit. Jugs was the cost of getting McCann. McCann is clearly the 3C they need. Young, fast, has skill.
Who would they sit on the RW? We are right back to where we were with Sprong. Kessel isn't sitting, Rust isn't sitting, and Horny has a NTC and will be playing.

They need help on the LW. Players like Simon aren't going to cut it. Pearson is a good player he just doesn't fit the system. They need a big body checker with hands that can score for that 2nd line role.
But that is hard to find. But Dzingel would at least give a nice N/S speed game to run with Malking and Kessel and he is defensively responsible.

It's hard to come into the Penguins organization and realize you aren't the main piece. They need role players on those wings. That really doesn't describe the players they have been bringing in. Brass was never going to be OK being a role player. And he wasn't. Pearson is a scoring winger, who had a bad run in LA, but clearly the talent is still there and I don't see him being OK with his role playing role and it shows. Jugs has all the talent in the world. His previous years show that. He's had some injury issues this year but he's young. Making him something he's not on the 3rd line is the same mistake they made with Brass.

That's why I trade Jugs and Pearson. There is clearly talent there. They clearly have value. I think this is the best way to get it currently in a packaged deal.

Quoting: Capitalfail67
Imo this trade doesn’t make any sense. Sens are rebuilding and you send them
1) one of the worse nhl contracts in JJ (would cost a 1st to dump)
2) Pearson who isn’t anything too great. I mean they can flip him for maybe a 2nd or 3rd
3) Bjugstad who is a 4milliin 16 point player? Again minimum value....:they can flip him for a 2nd
4) jarry is a very good player but again they already took a goalie off you in the brassard trade.

dzingel would cost you a 1st and maybe a prospect or a better prospect and a 2nd (which you don’t have next year)

They won’t want your spare parts

Pull the wedgie out your dungarees.

And 9 goals in 38 games in a 3rd line role is still better than Burakovsky in 49 games. So keep crying when you say there is no value there but you think Burakovsky has trade value.

To say there is no talent in those players show you either don't watch hockey or are totally clue less. It's most likely both.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 8:05 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: pharrow
The reason why I trade Jugs is he really doesn't fit. Jugs was the cost of getting McCann. McCann is clearly the 3C they need. Young, fast, has skill.
Who would they sit on the RW? We are right back to where we were with Sprong. Kessel isn't sitting, Rust isn't sitting, and Horny has a NTC and will be playing.

They need help on the LW. Players like Simon aren't going to cut it. Pearson is a good player he just doesn't fit the system. They need a big body checker with hands that can score for that 2nd line role.
But that is hard to find. But Dzingel would at least give a nice N/S speed game to run with Malking and Kessel and he is defensively responsible.

It's hard to come into the Penguins organization and realize you aren't the main piece. They need role players on those wings. That really doesn't describe the players they have been bringing in. Brass was never going to be OK being a role player. And he wasn't. Pearson is a scoring winger, who had a bad run in LA, but clearly the talent is still there and I don't see him being OK with his role playing role and it shows. Jugs has all the talent in the world. His previous years show that. He's had some injury issues this year but he's young. Making him something he's not on the 3rd line is the same mistake they made with Brass.

That's why I trade Jugs and Pearson. There is clearly talent there. They clearly have value. I think this is the best way to get it currently in a packaged deal.

And 9 goals in 38 games in a 3rd line role is still better than Burakovsky in 49 games. So keep crying when you say there is no value there but you think Burakovsky has trade value.

To say there is no talent in those players show you either don't watch hockey or are totally clue less. It's most likely both.

If you’re rebuilding would you rather have prospects and picks or average players.....?

The answer is prospects and picks. Haha but what do I know I’m clueless and don’t watch hockey. Haha

And teams are still call about bura.... so I guess he has value right? Your trades are t very good don’t be mad at me bc you struggle to understand value. It’s not my fault you think JJ has value or that Bjugstad and Pearson have value about a 2nd round pick at most. Just be more realistic ... a rebuilding team doesn’t want junk 3rd line players they’d rather have solid prospects and picks dummy
Feb. 10, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: biglite351

He’s a yinzer. I bet he had Murray out. Sullivan fired. You know how it goes. Just low rate ideas where you dump cap for nothing and make the team just as average as ever.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
Banned
He’s a yinzer. I bet he had Murray out. Sullivan fired. You know how it goes. Just low rate ideas where you dump cap for nothing and make the team just as average as ever.

the fact you can't see your two comments next to each other is hilarious. Losing Pearson and Jugs now makes the Penguins just "average" but for Ottawa they are only "average" players.
Talk about a homer.

btw, Ottawa needs to take in cap space next year and at least look competitive. You realize that right. You can see that clear as day can't you?
Tell me when Stone, MD, and Dzingle all leave what is left on that team? Who is going to fill those roles. They don't have anyone. What are they gonna do put AHL call ups in there all year long while being Millions below the cap floor? What FA is going to sign there? Should every team not competing simply fill out AHL level players too and we can have a race to the bottom. I'm sure that would look really great for the whole NHL don't you?

You clearly don't think. Pearson and Jugs are good players. They help the team transition and they give their younger players someone that's not AHL talent to skate with for their own development.
They need people who can come in and bridge the team for two years till the youth can actually fill out the roster. You just fail to understand that point.

Talk about a yinzer.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 8:53 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
the fact you can't see your two comments next to each other is hilarious. Losing Pearson and Jugs now makes the Penguins just "average" but for Ottawa they are only "average" players.
Talk about a homer.

btw, Ottawa needs to take in cap space next year and at least look competitive. You realize that right. You can see that clear as day can't you?
Tell me when Stone, MD, and Dzingle all leave what is left on that team? Who is going to fill those roles. They don't have anyone. What are they gonna do put AHL call ups in there all year long while being Millions below the cap floor? What FA is going to sign there? Should every team not competing simply fill out AHL level players too and we can have a race to the bottom. I'm sure that would look really great for the whole NHL don't you?

You clearly don't think. Pearson and Jugs are good players. They help the team transition and they give their younger players someone that's not AHL talent to skate with for their own development.
They need people who can come in and bridge the team for two years till the youth can actually fill out the roster. You just fail to understand that point.

Talk about a yinzer.

Hahaha you’re simple. Sens can sign ufa rather than taking on bad cap. 4 million for a 25 point player is bad. Or 3.75? For Pearson. They can sign Connelly who is going to put up 45-50 points for 3.75 which is better than Pearson.

And ahl players? Chabot and Tkachuk are two young first round players that are playing well. Like I said picks or prospects haha please be smarter.... I’m sure they’d rather have those 2 players and draft picks in one of the deepest drafts rather than your average players

And again bc you’re dumb

You’re moving 2 roster players on forward for 1. That would leave the penguins just as good as they were. Bjugstad and Pearson aren’t as good as Dzingel but trading two players who play wing in Pitt middle 6 for another middle 6 guy leaves them short handed and would thin out their lineup. AGAIN PLEASE BE BETTER
Feb. 10, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
Banned
Hahaha you’re simple. Sens can sign ufa rather than taking on bad cap. 4 million for a 25 point player is bad. Or 3.75? For Pearson. They can sign Connelly who is going to put up 45-50 points for 3.75 which is better than Pearson.

And ahl players? Chabot and Tkachuk are two young first round players that are playing well. Like I said picks or prospects haha please be smarter.... I’m sure they’d rather have those 2 players and draft picks in one of the deepest drafts rather than your average players

And again bc you’re dumb

You’re moving 2 roster players on forward for 1. That would leave the penguins just as good as they were. Bjugstad and Pearson aren’t as good as Dzingel but trading two players who play wing in Pitt middle 6 for another middle 6 guy leaves them short handed and would thin out their lineup. AGAIN PLEASE BE BETTER

My god you are just as arrogant as you are clueless.

Tell me what UFA is going to come to Ottawa? Please, name them so we can all have a good laugh.

Yeah great you picked out the two young players on the whole Ottawa team. You realize there are 12 forward spots on a team right?

Picks and Prospects doesn't get you to the cap floor. Nor do they make you at least somewhat competitive now. Please you be smarter. There is an expectation for teams to at least try to look competitive. You can't have half the league in a race to the bottom you simpleton.

On top of it Pearson and Jugs aren't just "average" players. They are good players. You know it but you act like a boob. Notice how you continue to argue two sides of a fence. Like an idiot.

Please, learn to make a logical argument.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
My god you are just as arrogant as you are clueless.

Tell me what UFA is going to come to Ottawa? Please, name them so we can all have a good laugh.

Yeah great you picked out the two young players on the whole Ottawa team. You realize there are 12 forward spots on a team right?

Picks and Prospects doesn't get you to the cap floor. Nor do they make you at least somewhat competitive now. Please you be smarter. There is an expectation for teams to at least try to look competitive. You can't have half the league in a race to the bottom you simpleton.

On top of it Pearson and Jugs aren't just "average" players. They are good players. You know it but you act like a boob. Notice how you continue to argue two sides of a fence. Like an idiot.

Please, learn to make a logical argument.

I’ve been very consistent that they are both average idk what you are reading? And they can sign any ufa as long as they pay the most. Also signing bonus can reach about 3.5 million a year they sign a few 1st rounders (the preformence bonus would kick in)..... I’m sure you understand that right? And they can’t be any less competitive than they currently are ? They are close to last. Explain to me how good and average are different? Average doesn’t mean bad it means they are average. Like no team would want to risk more than a 2nd on either player. And at that point wouldnt the sens just risk drafting a solid player or signing a player who can preform the same or better for less. Again Brett Connelly could sign there and he’s a 45-50 point guy this year. Last season he had 25 points and was paid 1.5. That’s 2.5 less than Bjugstad. Look at the players that are ufa a lot of talent and teams like the penguins are cap crunches so they can’t really bid on them. I’d say sens are sitting pretty.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 9:34 p.m.
Banned
I’ve been very consistent that they are both average idk what you are reading? And they can sign any ufa as long as they pay the most. Also signing bonus can reach about 3.5 million a year they sign a few 1st rounders (the preformence bonus would kick in)..... I’m sure you understand that right? And they can’t be any less competitive than they currently are ? They are close to last. Explain to me how good and average are different? Average doesn’t mean bad it means they are average. Like no team would want to risk more than a 2nd on either player. And at that point wouldnt the sens just risk drafting a solid player or signing a player who can preform the same or better for less. Again Brett Connelly could sign there and he’s a 45-50 point guy this year. Last season he had 25 points and was paid 1.5. That’s 2.5 less than Bjugstad. Look at the players that are ufa a lot of talent and teams like the penguins are cap crunches so they can’t really bid on them. I’d say sens are sitting pretty.

Pearson is on a 19-20 goal avg season since coming to the Penguins. Come tell me that's "average".
Jugs has had an off year due to injury while being in FL. Prior to that he's like a 40 pt player roughly. Some times a little over some times a little under. Lets not make out like he's some 20 point player.
That's insulting to even your low intelligence level.

Any late round pick Ottawa gets isn't going to have a huge signing bonus. We aren't talking about a top 3 pick here. Most of those players won't even suit up for years. They will all be lower 1st round picks, they aren't getting McDavid on any of them. Their chance of turning into a 400 game player is like 40%.

I don't know what team you are even trying to talk about. No one is coming to play there with out a serious over payment. Honestly look in the mirror and ask yourself if you would go there. You wouldn't. If it was just about money MD and Stone would stay. They aren't. Neither is JGP next year. I mean lets have an honest conversation. They need players with term who can help get to their cap floor.
Look at this cap floor.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1030317

37 million. How are they going to spend 23 million next year to get to the cap floor. Who are they going to attract to get there who is any better than the players I listed above who are at fair salaries?
You act like it's robbing Ottawa blind. Like I'm taking Stone or MD. Your nuts. No one wants to end up on that tire fire of a team. It's like asking your career to die. They will be taking on cap dumps to get to the bottom. At least this way they get something in return to help. It also doesn't really effect the penguins. They are OK with out them.
My god, you act like the Penguins have a UFA to bid on. WHo? WIlson? Cullen? Chad R. WOw that's gonna field a team.
They aren't the only ones either. The UFA pool is never as good as you think it is and most of the best players coming out of it are coming from Ottawa or will never go to play in Ottawa. Good luck selling Ottawa on Panarin.
Their situation is bad. Everyone knows its bad. This is more than fair on both teams.
2 roster players who can start in the middle 6 and are above average players is better than a late 1st rounder and B level prospect that will probably never develop into anything.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 9:46 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Bjugstad is a .49ppg player(rounded up)
Pearson is a .43ppg player
Burakovsky is a .45ppg player (rounded up)

This is how great this is. So Burakovsky has no value but he’s literally as good as both these players. Little more than Pearson a little less than Bjugstad but he has no value. Thank you for playing smile. Bura also is younger and has has 2 major injuries.

So now when you try to insult me by saying Burakovsky doesn’t have value understand that he’s equal to these players you said were good smile

I honestly was hoping you would trap yourself and you did. So now we can agree Burakovsky has value smile and that he’s good. Or can admit that both these guys are average and no value?

Also again all these player are worth about a 2nd rounder. Haha I love this it was fun. I bet you feel silly huh?
Feb. 10, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.

so in less than 5 games you have determined Bjugstad doesn't fit, yet McCann is a perfect fit???.... They can just slide McCann up to LW and have Bjugstad play center. Both can play center or one wing. It takes zero assets to try that.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 10:25 p.m.

This is how great this is. So Burakovsky has no value but he’s literally as good as both these players. Little more than Pearson a little less than Bjugstad but he has no value. Thank you for playing smile. Bura also is younger and has has 2 major injuries.

So now when you try to insult me by saying Burakovsky doesn’t have value understand that he’s equal to these players you said were good smile

I honestly was hoping you would trap yourself and you did. So now we can agree Burakovsky has value smile and that he’s good. Or can admit that both these guys are average and no value?

Also again all these player are worth about a 2nd rounder. Haha I love this it was fun. I bet you feel silly huh?

I would say Bjugstad is definitely better than Burakovsky, as for Pearson I would say that is closer in value, only difference is I think Bura is a RFA? while Pearson is under control for a couple seasons so they probably have relatively similar value.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 10:33 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I would say Bjugstad is definitely better than Burakovsky, as for Pearson I would say that is closer in value, only difference is I think Bura is a RFA? while Pearson is under control for a couple seasons so they probably have relatively similar value.

They all have similar values is my point. Bjugstad being able to play center would raise his value but he’s been average at that and used as a winger more recently. Again my point is that they are all pretty average imo the sens would rather have prospects and picks over average middle 6 players for a rebuild
Feb. 10, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Banned
They all have similar values is my point. Bjugstad being able to play center would raise his value but he’s been average at that and used as a winger more recently. Again my point is that they are all pretty average imo the sens would rather have prospects and picks over average middle 6 players for a rebuild

you seem to think this is the rebuild. It's not. I have said repeatedly it's a bridge.
You can't go into next season with a 37 million salary cap. There is no way they can spend 23 million on players to get to the floor with out over paying the same average players you are talking about.
No better than average player is lining up to go there. So would you rather spend a ton more on new contracts for average players. Or would you rather take some good players at decent cap hits to have people to skate with your young players so they can develop.
You just don't get the point.
You seem to think people are lining up to play in Ottawa. They aren't. And they aren't going to over pay people for years to come there when the only players willing to go there are only there because no one else wanted them.
At the end of the day you still have to field 19 players.
You also have to show the players on the team that you aren't just leaving them hung out to dry with absolutely no one to play with.
You have to put something around them not only for their development but to also prevent them from having the most disgruntled team in the league. Which they already are. Your thinking things would only get worse as they bring in B prospects and picks that won't be there for 3 years. In the mean time, your rookies will have to play through their first 4-5 years in the league with no help and by the time any comes they are probably thinking, thank god I can get the F out of here.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
you seem to think this is the rebuild. It's not. I have said repeatedly it's a bridge.
You can't go into next season with a 37 million salary cap. There is no way they can spend 23 million on players to get to the floor with out over paying the same average players you are talking about.
No better than average player is lining up to go there. So would you rather spend a ton more on new contracts for average players. Or would you rather take some good players at decent cap hits to have people to skate with your young players so they can develop.
You just don't get the point.
You seem to think people are lining up to play in Ottawa. They aren't. And they aren't going to over pay people for years to come there when the only players willing to go there are only there because no one else wanted them.
At the end of the day you still have to field 19 players.
You also have to show the players on the team that you aren't just leaving them hung out to dry with absolutely no one to play with.
You have to put something around them not only for their development but to also prevent them from having the most disgruntled team in the league. Which they already are. Your thinking things would only get worse as they bring in B prospects and picks that won't be there for 3 years. In the mean time, your rookies will have to play through their first 4-5 years in the league with no help and by the time any comes they are probably thinking, thank god I can get the F out of here.

It’s 100% a rebuild and they can get better players for cheaper.

Players available
Stone
Panarin
Duchene
Hayes
Staal
Brassard
Skinner
Lee
Ferland
Zuccarello
Simmonds

Example 1
Also teams like Tampa would offer a 1st or some high end prospects or even players like Johnson Palat Miller ...... bc they need cap space and they would give you one of those players to take Callahan.

Example 2
Edm would offer some solid young players and a 1st to take lucic or Russell anything to open up cap space.

Example 3
Florida is also looking to make a move for bob and panarin they would probably be willing to trade a solid player to dump a player

So you can’t just dump cap without offer a something of higher value. I think they could easily land Hayes and convince duchene to stay and sign a stone or skinner. Also player like Connelly will sign for less than Pearson or the same and Connell is better.

Dzingel could fetch a late 1st for them. There’s so many bubble teams hard to say who’s going to sell.

You also ignore that Burakovsky is comparable to both players you are saying are good. Both players you are saying a team can build around. Ha but I’ll take that as you know you’re wrong
Feb. 10, 2019 at 11:16 p.m.
Banned

No one ever said Burakovsky didn't have value. Your making up arguments in your head instead of reading.
Do you really think Burakovsky is signing in Ottawa. Do you really think he's going to go play there at 3 million a year.
I highly doubt that.
You just fail to listen. I don't see people lining up to go play there. Ottawa is currently where careers go to die.
You got a 24 year old player there, he's not even a UFA. He's a RFA. Like they are going to bid out on an RFA. Are you kidding me? They can't even sign him.
You are here making arguments in your own head.
Go look at the UFA pool and tell me which one of those players is going to sign there. Please, Lets have a good laugh about it.
Lets here that great marketing pitch. Come to Ottawa, where everyone hates the owner including the players and you will be in the most dysfunctional locker room of the NHL.
You can plan your vacations easily as we have no hopes of winning in the next 3-4 years.

Get real. They have to over pay anyone to go there, and then who goes and for how much.
This is a team that needs to take in players who are already signed to term if they want to even be competitive with the other bad teams in the league.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.
Banned
It’s 100% a rebuild and they can get better players for cheaper.

Players available
Stone
Panarin
Duchene
Hayes
Staal
Brassard
Skinner
Lee
Ferland
Zuccarello
Simmonds

Example 1
Also teams like Tampa would offer a 1st or some high end prospects or even players like Johnson Palat Miller ...... bc they need cap space and they would give you one of those players to take Callahan.

Example 2
Edm would offer some solid young players and a 1st to take lucic or Russell anything to open up cap space.

Example 3
Florida is also looking to make a move for bob and panarin they would probably be willing to trade a solid player to dump a player

So you can’t just dump cap without offer a something of higher value. I think they could easily land Hayes and convince duchene to stay and sign a stone or skinner. Also player like Connelly will sign for less than Pearson or the same and Connell is better.

Dzingel could fetch a late 1st for them. There’s so many bubble teams hard to say who’s going to sell.

You also ignore that Burakovsky is comparable to both players you are saying are good. Both players you are saying a team can build around. Ha but I’ll take that as you know you’re wrong

You are high as a kite.

Players available
Stone .... can't run out the door fast enough
Panarin ..... Hell NO.
Duchene... Stone wait up, I'm right behind you bro!
Hayes... eh, if I wanted to be on a rebuilding team I'd just stay in NY.
Staal.... 34 year old staal is not ending his career in a dumpster fire.
Brassard... It was really swell guys really, but I don't think we should get the band back together.
Skinner.... I just want to go to a team I can have a chance to win.
Lee .. Please, leave me out of this.
Ferland ... I mean if the money is really good, but you are gonna have to be the next guy by a few million
Zuccarello ... I'll stay in NY thanks.
Simmonds... Look, I've been in philly all these years. I just can't really.

FL has already dumped their cap space.
Edmonton would offer some young players. What team are you talking about. WHat young players does Edmonton have to offer. McDavid would love to know. **** put them on the ice now.
TB, Do you really think Callahan is waiving a NTC to go to Ottawa? Come on bro. Stop drinking.

Burakovsky is an RFA.
At some point here you have to recognize that this is fantasy land you are living in.
Could they get a 1st for Dzingle. Yeah maybe and a B prospect that probably can't do anything. But you fail to recognize they need to field in team in the 3 years between that 1st round even getting a chance to play and see if he's one of the 40% who actually makes it.
Feb. 10, 2019 at 11:39 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
No one ever said Burakovsky didn't have value. Your making up arguments in your head instead of reading.
Do you really think Burakovsky is signing in Ottawa. Do you really think he's going to go play there at 3 million a year.
I highly doubt that.
You just fail to listen. I don't see people lining up to go play there. Ottawa is currently where careers go to die.
You got a 24 year old player there, he's not even a UFA. He's a RFA. Like they are going to bid out on an RFA. Are you kidding me? They can't even sign him.
You are here making arguments in your own head.
Go look at the UFA pool and tell me which one of those players is going to sign there. Please, Lets have a good laugh about it.
Lets here that great marketing pitch. Come to Ottawa, where everyone hates the owner including the players and you will be in the most dysfunctional locker room of the NHL.
You can plan your vacations easily as we have no hopes of winning in the next 3-4 years.

Get real. They have to over pay anyone to go there, and then who goes and for how much.
This is a team that needs to take in players who are already signed to term if they want to even be competitive with the other bad teams in the league.

Agree to disagree. Look at teams like the avs who rebuilt from within and traded players like duchene for picks and not average players. They are competitive and probably going to win a cup soon.

Then look at az who traded players for players and they show no sign of being better.

Literally you want them to trade for a 1st round pick for two okay players who are already overpaid or paid appropriately on the high end.

Look how well ott made out from the brassard trade. They wanna trade players for picks. Pens could get Dzingel for that late 1st or a 2nd and a top prospect.

Brassard was traded for a 1st and 3rd and goalie prospect (b+)

Sens keep making moves like this they’ll be fine

Realistically they can get a few 1st or picks and prospects.

Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Pageau
Cici
Feb. 11, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
Banned
Agree to disagree. Look at teams like the avs who rebuilt from within and traded players like duchene for picks and not average players. They are competitive and probably going to win a cup soon.

Then look at az who traded players for players and they show no sign of being better.

Literally you want them to trade for a 1st round pick for two okay players who are already overpaid or paid appropriately on the high end.

Look how well ott made out from the brassard trade. They wanna trade players for picks. Pens could get Dzingel for that late 1st or a 2nd and a top prospect.

Brassard was traded for a 1st and 3rd and goalie prospect (b+)

Sens keep making moves like this they’ll be fine

Realistically they can get a few 1st or picks and prospects.

Stone
Duchene
Dzingel
Pageau
Cici

The Avs already had the pieces in place. It's not like they got McKinnon out of the deal which is half the Avs team. Matter of fact that deal have little to do with their current team. The biggest part of it was their mistake in trading out a pick not top 10 protected. It's not like they will ever get a pick that high here. They won't. Most people are looking at him as a 2nd rounder not even a 1st.

I think the Brass trade is a great example. They traded for a B+ prospect goalie. Look how that turned out so far. 3.42 gav 0.886 sv%
I mean really, that's not the stellar return on a prospect and it's the thing people need to keep in mind. Nothing is certain with a prospect. It's a crap shoot. Yes you might get really lucky. Most likely you won't. Yes the goalie is young he may still develop, but it's going to take years. That 1st round pick late round became who, Bernard-Docker? I mean ok, maybe he develops. Like most late 1st it's a crap shoot. Not even above 50% turn around. He's playing in the NCAA. He's looked ok, nothing to write home about. Hope he doesn't stay there for 3 more years, at which point he'll be a FA and then they got nothing. Because if it was your career, would you rather finish up in the NCAA get a degree and then join the NHL where you get to pick your team, or go to Ottawa?
There is no easy turn around for this team. More talent is leaving next year. But there isn't a real stream of it dumping in, especially since they don't get their pick this year.
They can't attract talent.
You can't just do nothing for the next 2-3 years while the 18 year old 19 year old draft picks develop. And the prospect you do get back, have no promise to be anything better then the young player you are getting back.
I never said this is meant to replace a rebuild. I fully agree trade Stone and MD for a 1st and a prospect. But Dzingle isn't going to net anywhere near the same return. And those young prospects and rookies are going to need experienced players to play with them. Players who have offensive upside.

Even the blue jackets rebuilt around Foligno and Dubinski.
Nether were considered great players. But the younger players needed some older vets to play with.
What do you do when they are all jetting out the door at record speed and no one wants to come in?
You have to field a team. This is a minimal cost to do it.
Feb. 11, 2019 at 2:41 a.m.
Banned
so in less than 5 games you have determined Bjugstad doesn't fit, yet McCann is a perfect fit???.... They can just slide McCann up to LW and have Bjugstad play center. Both can play center or one wing. It takes zero assets to try that.

How many games did you need to watch to know JJ wasn't a fit.
I rest my case.
Feb. 11, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
How many games did you need to watch to know JJ wasn't a fit.
I rest my case.

0 cause he was bad even before he came here(healthy scratch with Blue Jackets), the two are not comparable at all. Bjugstad actually looked good the first two games with Kessel.
Feb. 11, 2019 at 9:59 p.m.
Banned
0 cause he was bad even before he came here(healthy scratch with Blue Jackets), the two are not comparable at all. Bjugstad actually looked good the first two games with Kessel.

yes but he's also looked like the exact same player in florida.
See you just proved my point.
Besides, it's not even all about his play. It's a numbers game.
Just like they sent Sprong out.
It wasn't that nobody thought Sprong could develop into a good player, they couldn't send him down to the AHL and they didn't have a place to put him. So off he went.
They have 3 good RW.
They have their 3C in McCann who is a real 3C.
It doesn't help that he remain a player who is 6;6 225lbs that doesn't throw his weight around.
If he did it would be a different story. But he doesn't.
What they need is a LW. Everyone knows that. You trade what you in supply for what you need.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll